Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,343 members, 7,867,990 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 08:29 AM

Okowa Banks On Revenue Increase In 2018 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okowa Banks On Revenue Increase In 2018 (299 Views)

Obaseki Tells Workers: I Will Increase Minimum Wage If We Improve On Revenue / Agbakoba Banks On Progressive Forces To Deliver Olawepo-hashim As President / FG Laments On Revenue Lost On Cars Import To Cotonou Port (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Okowa Banks On Revenue Increase In 2018 by ubikings: 1:46pm On Jan 02, 2018
Okowa banks on revenue increase in 2018

January 2, 2018 Dominic Adewole, Asaba

Delta State Governor, Ifeanyi Okowa, yesterday said the state was better positioned to pursue people-oriented policies and programmes that would strengthen peace, unity and progress this year as revenue projections shore up.

The governor was sure that with the increase in revenue allocation to the state from the federation account, his administration was set to declare a state of emergency on projects. Also, he drew his strength from the fact that the state ranked among the first in the country to sign its 2018 budget into law.

Speaking through his Chief Press Secretary, Charles Aniagwu, in Asaba yesterday, the governor said his strides this year would surpass the contract sum of N170, 412,772,742.90 on the construction of 149 roads of 764.39 kilometres and 225.59 kilometres of drains, which he commissioned last year. “My optimism is driven from the support I enjoy from the legislature, the judiciary and the civil service, my team of political appointees, agencies of government, both at the federal and the state levels.

New Telegraph

(1) (Reply)

New Year Killings: We Must Remain United Against Violence, Says Saraki / Ex-apc Scribe, 3000 Others Defect To PDP In Delta / INEC Gives Sarah Jubril’s Party, 20 Others Certificates Of Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.