Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,203 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Is Poverty A Mindset Or Lack Of Opportunities? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Poverty A Mindset Or Lack Of Opportunities? (753 Views)

87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank / Buhari’s ‘next Level’ Policy Is ‘poverty Forever And Atiku's Policy Is Looting / Sapele Residents Protest Over Lack Of Power Supply By BEDC (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Poverty A Mindset Or Lack Of Opportunities? by edoman2016: 2:55pm On Jan 02, 2018
What do you think is the cause of poverty? Do you think poverty is caused by poor mindsets of the person or lack of opportunities in the country?
Re: Is Poverty A Mindset Or Lack Of Opportunities? by herveze: 3:11pm On Jan 02, 2018
Both, sometimes u have good mindset but u lack opportunity and some people will have opportunities but they will miss it because of poor mindset

1 Like

Re: Is Poverty A Mindset Or Lack Of Opportunities? by edoman2016: 3:16pm On Jan 02, 2018
herveze:
Both, sometimes u have good mindset but u lack opportunity and some people will have opportunities but they will miss it because of poor mindset
I don't think it is possible to have good mindset and still be poor. A good mindset will enable a person to think good ideas. And we all know ideas rule the world.

1 Like

Re: Is Poverty A Mindset Or Lack Of Opportunities? by Amberon11: 3:20pm On Jan 02, 2018
Mindset
Re: Is Poverty A Mindset Or Lack Of Opportunities? by herveze: 3:28pm On Jan 02, 2018
edoman2016:

I don't think it is possible to have good mindset and still be poor. A good mindset will enable a person to think good ideas. And we all know ideas rule the world.
Are u telling me that there some people in this country that have good mindset for this country,that can make this country better than this but these people don't have the opportunity to be there​?

1 Like

Re: Is Poverty A Mindset Or Lack Of Opportunities? by edoman2016: 3:48pm On Jan 02, 2018
herveze:

Are u telling me that there some people in this country that have good mindset for this country,that can make this country better than this but these people don't have the opportunity to be there​?
Before a person will think of making her country better, such persons should firstly improve its living conditions and make an impact in its immediate community.
Re: Is Poverty A Mindset Or Lack Of Opportunities? by hatchy(f): 4:02pm On Jan 02, 2018
edoman2016:

Before a person will think of making her country better, such persons should firstly improve its living conditions and make an impact in its immediate community.
I totally subscribe to your opinion.
The Present administration is retrogressive because Buhari have never owned a business or have people in his employ, he has never written a book and has never delivered any intellectual speech to the benefit of humanity and such have nothing to offer this country.
He recently said that he doesn't know how to make money, a clear expression of his mental capacity to rule a complex country such as ours, after all charity begins at home.
Re: Is Poverty A Mindset Or Lack Of Opportunities? by Ratello: 4:08pm On Jan 02, 2018
hatchy:
I totally subscribe to your opinion.
The Present administration is retrogressive because Buhari have never owned a business or have people in his employ, he has never written a book and has never delivered any intellectual speech to the benefit of humanity and such have nothing to offer this country.
He recently said that he doesn't know how to make money, a clear expression of his mental capacity to rule a complex country such as ours, after all charity begins at home.
This is the essense of the topic you just gave a pictorial evidence of the whole topic. You captured it imaginatively well.

2 Likes

Re: Is Poverty A Mindset Or Lack Of Opportunities? by EternalTruths: 4:30pm On Jan 02, 2018
edoman2016:
What do you think is the cause of poverty? Do you think poverty is caused by poor mindsets of the person or lack of opportunities in the country?

Poverty is the inability to produce sufficient and diverse goods & services to exchange for money in order to acquire other goods & services essential to make life easy.?

An R & D based education is the bedrock of eliminating poverty.

1 Like

Re: Is Poverty A Mindset Or Lack Of Opportunities? by herveze: 11:41pm On Jan 02, 2018
edoman2016:

You still didn't answer my question,where are the people now?did they have the opportunity buhari​ has now? No! Good mindset without opportunity to express it is useless

1 Like

Re: Is Poverty A Mindset Or Lack Of Opportunities? by EternalTruths: 11:43pm On Jan 02, 2018
herveze:

You still didn't answer my question,where are the people now?did they have the opportunity buhari​ has now? No! Good mindset without opportunity to express it is useless

True.

That is the basis for YOUWIN.
Re: Is Poverty A Mindset Or Lack Of Opportunities? by EternalTruths: 11:46pm On Jan 02, 2018
edoman2016:

Good mindset without money to implement the ideas it produces will forever remain a mindset that generates no results.
Re: Is Poverty A Mindset Or Lack Of Opportunities? by edoman2016: 9:30am On Jan 03, 2018
EternalTruths:

Good mindset without money to implement the ideas it produces will forever remain a mindset that generates no results.
A good idea can be broken down and started small.

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Igbo Lady Rants After Her Traditional Wedding Left Her Groom Broke / 2012 Boko Haram Picks Buhari To Moderate Talks With Govt / Ebonyi Lawmaker, Maria Ude Nwachi Shows Off Her New Maitama, Abuja House (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.