Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,677 members, 7,823,914 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

How Can NIRA Seize Someone's Domain After Purchase? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Can NIRA Seize Someone's Domain After Purchase? (5141 Views)

2018 Nira Bloggers Summit / The 2018 Nira Bloggers Summit Aim To Bring The Blogging Community Together / Nigerian Blogger Launches His Second Blog "Todaysgame" After Saga With NIRA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can NIRA Seize Someone's Domain After Purchase? by TalkTalkTwins(m): 9:25pm On Jan 02, 2018
@TalkTalkTwins

And a friend just bought a domain name from NIRA and they refused to release the domain name, claiming that it was "specially for the sports organisation in Nigeria" and "they can need it anytime..."

My questions are:
How can they seize it after purchase?
Why didn't they specify it as GoDaddy and others do?
Don't you think they want to resell the domain later? This is to the disadvantage of the poor blogger.

They are even asking him to choose another name and people are suggesting that he sue them.
Nigerians shaa...
Nairalanders please put mouth in this matter...

Re: How Can NIRA Seize Someone's Domain After Purchase? by TalkTalkTwins(m): 9:26pm On Jan 02, 2018
Re: How Can NIRA Seize Someone's Domain After Purchase? by jerflakes(m): 9:58pm On Jan 02, 2018
Make una leave all these chamu chamu Nigerian companies and patronize well known international domain sellers like godaddy, namecheap etc

3 Likes

Re: How Can NIRA Seize Someone's Domain After Purchase? by Nobody: 4:40am On Jan 03, 2018
TalkTalkTwins:
@TalkTalkTwins

And a friend just bought a domain name from NIRA and they refused to release the domain name, claiming that it was "specially for the sports organisation in Nigeria" and "they can need it anytime..."

My questions are:
Don't you think they want to resell the domain later? This is to the disadvantage of the poor blogger.

They are even asking him to choose another name and people are suggesting that he sue them.
Nigerians shaa...

NIRA is definitely run by the same incompetence and impunity fueling corruption in Nigeria. Even the almighty Google had to compensate a dude who accidentally was able to re-register Google.com on their own host. I doubt getting a lawyer would do any good, they are all the same corrupt system.

8 Likes

Re: How Can NIRA Seize Someone's Domain After Purchase? by Nobody: 7:15am On Jan 03, 2018
cheesy who is NIRA?
What's his surname
Re: How Can NIRA Seize Someone's Domain After Purchase? by Nobody: 7:15am On Jan 03, 2018
TalkTalkTwins:
@TalkTalkTwins

My questions are:

Nigerians shaa...
Sue them. Their reasons for seizing it is baseless. Once a domain is registered, it belongs to you. My thoughts are same as yours, they want to resell it.
Re: How Can NIRA Seize Someone's Domain After Purchase? by babablogger: 7:17am On Jan 03, 2018
And people complain why Nigerians don't patronise Nigerian coys

1 Like

Re: How Can NIRA Seize Someone's Domain After Purchase? by BruncleZuma: 7:20am On Jan 03, 2018
Yes they can if the domain violates their terms and conditions. But I believe there is no designated mention of sports classification. Person wan use you shine this new year.

Re: How Can NIRA Seize Someone's Domain After Purchase? by chinawapz(m): 7:21am On Jan 03, 2018
This Nigeria company na mumu set of people. I patronize foreign registrar. I will help you design and develop your website...check my signature
Re: How Can NIRA Seize Someone's Domain After Purchase? by Donald3d(m): 7:22am On Jan 03, 2018
Can you imagine ?
Re: How Can NIRA Seize Someone's Domain After Purchase? by JohnNgene: 7:22am On Jan 03, 2018
NIRA is subject to an international body that oversees domain issues. Let him sue them at the global level.

1 Like

Re: How Can NIRA Seize Someone's Domain After Purchase? by faroukfahima(m): 7:26am On Jan 03, 2018
They gave you the reason already but i think it would have been better if they never allowed you pay for it at first.

1 Like

Re: How Can NIRA Seize Someone's Domain After Purchase? by Ieltstrainer: 7:26am On Jan 03, 2018
questechie:

NIRA is definitely run by the same incompetence and impunity fueling corruption in Nigeria. Even the almighty Google had to compensate a dude who accidentally was able to re-register Google.com on their own host. I doubt getting a lawyer would do any good, they are all the same corrupt system.
please stop using words wrongly, only God is almighty.

2 Likes

Re: How Can NIRA Seize Someone's Domain After Purchase? by Ventura1: 7:27am On Jan 03, 2018
That is how they stupidly run the place, most top .ng domains usually goes to the highest bidder and that's why foreigners own most of these top .ng domains.
Re: How Can NIRA Seize Someone's Domain After Purchase? by MANDILAX(m): 7:30am On Jan 03, 2018
I stopped buying domain from any Nigerian company after those bastards at web4africa stole Nigeriality.com for me. It shall not be well with their company and management, past, present and future. The thing pain me I almost shed a tear. Nothing hurts than not being able to physically harm someone who hurt you that much.

3 Likes

Re: How Can NIRA Seize Someone's Domain After Purchase? by Talkwell: 7:48am On Jan 03, 2018
MANDILAX:
I stopped buying domain from any Nigerian company after those bastards at web4africa stole Nigeriality.com for me. It shall not be well with their company and management, past, present and future. The thing pain me I almost shed a tears. Nothing hurts than not being able to physically harm someone who hurt you that much.

calm down,the domain is suspended sef
Re: How Can NIRA Seize Someone's Domain After Purchase? by Patented: 7:59am On Jan 03, 2018
Yes NIRA can. It's a question of circumstance. Their rules allow them to suspend a domain name in certain circumstance. All the info is available on their website
Re: How Can NIRA Seize Someone's Domain After Purchase? by ginikaella(f): 8:11am On Jan 03, 2018
the last time i checked Nira does not register domain directly,NIRA operate a three R modern,pls gather ur facts well
Re: How Can NIRA Seize Someone's Domain After Purchase? by ginikaella(f): 8:22am On Jan 03, 2018
My dear you got it all wrong because NIRA does not register domains directly so, i suggest you meet the registrar that you registered with, please dont drag NIRA into this
Re: How Can NIRA Seize Someone's Domain After Purchase? by 3html: 9:12am On Jan 03, 2018
The same nira I reported some fraudulent sites that scam candidates of jamb year in year out and they told me that it's not in their power but the registrer
Re: How Can NIRA Seize Someone's Domain After Purchase? by akeentech(m): 9:33am On Jan 03, 2018
ginikaella:
My dear you got it all wrong because NIRA does not register domains directly so, i suggest you meet the registrar that you registered with, please dont drag NIRA into this
Re: How Can NIRA Seize Someone's Domain After Purchase? by hostkobo(m): 9:38am On Jan 03, 2018
TalkTalkTwins:
@TalkTalkTwins

My questions are:

Nigerians shaa...

what is the domain name?

regards
HK
Re: How Can NIRA Seize Someone's Domain After Purchase? by kingsbuoy: 9:58am On Jan 03, 2018
TalkTalkTwins:
@TalkTalkTwins

My questions are:

Nigerians shaa...

NiRA is a registry. It has registrars ( companies who broker the sales of domain i.e act as middle men), then we have the registrant who request for such. When you make such request, your registrar will have to check the validity of the domain before they agree for the process. What those registrar check is the availability and not the validity. for example a well known case where nigeria.ng was requested and processed by the registrar only to discover that it was not a valid name by the time it got to NiRA.
You are supposed to table this before your registrar and not the registry.

For the guy that spoke about Google.com . You cant register google.com with NiRa only Google.NG. This is a premium domain and attracts much. The registrar and NiRA could not reach an amiable settlement thus the imbrigilo.

For the records, I am not a NiRa staff nor amongst it BODs.
Just wanted to help clarify issues.
Re: How Can NIRA Seize Someone's Domain After Purchase? by warrenweste(m): 10:09am On Jan 03, 2018
Talkwell:

Its the hosting that's suspended nt the domain
Re: How Can NIRA Seize Someone's Domain After Purchase? by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 03, 2018
Ieltstrainer:
please stop using words wrongly, only God is almighty.

You religious fanatics! As far as the internet is concerned Google rules. So you should understand my view point, and stop publicizing your ignorance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can NIRA Seize Someone's Domain After Purchase? by Nobody: 10:27am On Jan 03, 2018
kingsbuoy:
For the guy that spoke about Google.com . You cant register google.com with NiRa only Google.NG. This is a premium domain and attracts much. The registrar and NiRA could not reach an amiable settlement thus the imbrigilo.

For the records, I am not a NiRa staff nor amongst it BODs.
Just wanted to help clarify issue!

Mr. Clarifier, I'm not talking of domains you can register with NIRa, rather giving an example of international best practices. Some one registered Google.com on Google's own domain hosting service (https://domains.google), which was clearly a technical glitch, but Google compensated the Indian guy, even when they had rights to seize the domain or claim he hacked into the system.
Re: How Can NIRA Seize Someone's Domain After Purchase? by MANDILAX(m): 11:04am On Jan 03, 2018
Talkwell:

Calm up, It is the hosting that is suspended not domain. I had it for days before they stole it about 2 years ago.
Re: How Can NIRA Seize Someone's Domain After Purchase? by hoygift(m): 11:47am On Jan 03, 2018
Please NIRA assign people to trusted .NG registrars please which registrar withheld your name
Re: How Can NIRA Seize Someone's Domain After Purchase? by Tittusstar22(m): 11:57am On Jan 03, 2018
I have a cool domain name for sale- www.wazobiatvnews.com
Re: How Can NIRA Seize Someone's Domain After Purchase? by bedfordng(m): 12:43pm On Jan 03, 2018
hmmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

Free Cgpa Calculator For Undergraduate Written With Php / Mobile Browsing Overtakes Desktop Browsing In Nigeria / Worst Nigerian Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.