Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,132 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Hijab Saga: MURIC Submits Memorandum To House Of Reps - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hijab Saga: MURIC Submits Memorandum To House Of Reps (18230 Views)

Lagos Government Begins House-to-house Sharing Of Stimulus Package To The Aged / Buhari Submits His Presidential Nomination Form At APC Office (Photos) / Governor Akinwumi Ambode Defies All Odds, Submits Nomination Forms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab Saga: MURIC Submits Memorandum To House Of Reps by omowolewa: 6:09pm On Jan 03, 2018
Myde4naija:
common sense should tell you that Constitution should protect everyone in the country.

Okay sir, do be offended sir, Sorry sir.
(I wanna live long biko)
Re: Hijab Saga: MURIC Submits Memorandum To House Of Reps by irepsuccess: 6:11pm On Jan 03, 2018
laudate:

1). Muric has not taken action against the killings of muslims in the north by Boko Haram, by presenting a memorandum to the Senate on the issue. sad

2). Muric has not taken action against the issue of almajiri who roam the streets, and are deprived of a sound education.

3). Muric has not taken action against child-marriages, where young girls are given out in marriage to men old enough to be their fathers, within the muslim community.

4). Muric has not taken action against Fulani herdsmen who ransack entire communities and kill innocent muslims, in addition to those of other faiths. undecided

5). Muric has not taken action against the fact that women are not allowed to practise as lawyers in Sharia courts, thereby depriving such women the fundamental right to earn a living, in a legitimate manner. sad

But Muric now has enough time and energy to pursue frivolities like the hijab, which is an item of clothing not even mentioned in the Quran? Kai! shocked
"Say to the believing women that they restrain their looks and guard their private parts, and that they display not their beauty or their embellishment except that which is apparent thereof, and that they draw their head coverings over their bosoms....." (24:32)
Re: Hijab Saga: MURIC Submits Memorandum To House Of Reps by CriticMaestro: 6:12pm On Jan 03, 2018
Yian1:
I was talking religious-wise not what you think
think well my friend
There Is a code
It's like in the army
U don't see people wearing face cap to
A ceremonial outing...only the beret
The decorated beret for that matter

1 Like

Re: Hijab Saga: MURIC Submits Memorandum To House Of Reps by OyinO: 6:15pm On Jan 03, 2018
Once approved and passed to Law, then Traditional Worshippers will wear their own caps. Christians and Pagans and Judahism faithfuls will all wear theirs too. We are not under an Islamic state. We are multi-religious state. Therefore, upholding, approving or allowing the interests of one or two groups to reign supreme over the others is an act of injustice and domination. It is a plan to annihilate and submerge the other existing religious entities and cultures. This is no Arabic Caliphate.
Re: Hijab Saga: MURIC Submits Memorandum To House Of Reps by linearity: 6:18pm On Jan 03, 2018
Yian1:

I was talking religion-wise not what u guys think

Religious-wise is the most dangerous slippy-sloop.

We have traditionalists, who still worship Africa native gods and they have their adornments, we have Revered Fathers/Sisters who are lawyers, CAC people, Cele people, etc, etc....If you allow the Muslim adornment to sip into a circular approved uniform, then you must allow the adornments for the other religious groups.

Anything don religiously incline have the potential of igniting conflict in this country....That is why in every federal of civil service complex, if they build a mosque, the Christians will start agitating for a church and if it is a church they build, they Muslims will want their mosque.
Re: Hijab Saga: MURIC Submits Memorandum To House Of Reps by didijay(m): 6:20pm On Jan 03, 2018
The truth is that in February when the Body of Benchers meet over this issue, the said Muslim girl risk not being call to the bar at all. And mark my words NOTHING WILL HAPPEN
Re: Hijab Saga: MURIC Submits Memorandum To House Of Reps by Diademk07: 6:41pm On Jan 03, 2018
Adesina12:

Ignorance they say is a disease
Because some rich people are doing something in a wrong way you must follow suit because they are rich
If your rich friend is eating poison you must eat it too...
If this lady in question walked naked into the law school you will be one of broadcaster on internet
Seek knowledge and stop this hypocrisy

A nudist should be allowed as well if an arabian hijab wearer is allowed. It's also her right and what she deem fit for the occasion!

Until the rules of Sharia court follows the constitution, this nonsense hijab saga should take a back seat!

1 Like

Re: Hijab Saga: MURIC Submits Memorandum To House Of Reps by Solohmony: 6:41pm On Jan 03, 2018
You don't have to fight let your god fight.
Re: Hijab Saga: MURIC Submits Memorandum To House Of Reps by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 03, 2018
smiley
Re: Hijab Saga: MURIC Submits Memorandum To House Of Reps by Soneh(m): 7:03pm On Jan 03, 2018
Adesina12:

Ignorance they say is a disease
Because some rich people are doing something in a wrong way you must follow suit because they are rich
If your rich friend is eating poison you must eat it too...
If this lady in question walked naked into the law school you will be one of broadcaster on internet
Seek knowledge and stop this hypocrisy

I don't have a problem with how anyone chooses to dress;my grouse with the girl in question is that she knew the rules but still felt somehow she is above it....If such is allowed it will get to a time when even Rastafarians will insist on being called to bar without cutting their dreads.
Re: Hijab Saga: MURIC Submits Memorandum To House Of Reps by Shatimoo(f): 7:26pm On Jan 03, 2018
See hatred! Their fear is so intense I can smell it over my phone's earpiece!
Re: Hijab Saga: MURIC Submits Memorandum To House Of Reps by willibounce1(m): 7:41pm On Jan 03, 2018
Memorandum of STUPIDITY and extreme MADNESS from Muric and the failed fake, useless professor of islamic studies who is always looking for senseless attention. Why not write memorandum for the killings of muslims and innocent Christians by boko haram, why not write for fulani herdsmen killing people for fun. He is running around like a headless chicken because of some senseless hijab copied from arab culture.

The useless man is not encouraging his daft followers to promote his yoruba culture, instead he wants to kill himself on borrowed hijab from arabs who don't know he exists. That man deserves to be arrested for constituting a nuisance to the society. there is little difference between him and mazi dilector. He should be tied and flogged mercilessly.

Re: Hijab Saga: MURIC Submits Memorandum To House Of Reps by sogud(m): 7:48pm On Jan 03, 2018
itsdumebi:
@POLITICSNGR

The Muslim rights concern group has submitted a memorandum to the Federal house of Representatives concerning the 'injustice' meted out to a Muslim student, Firdaus Amasa.

Amasa made headlines late last year after she refused to remove her hijab in order to be called to bar. Below is a statement made available to PoliticsNGR from MURIC, signed by its leader, Prof. Ishaq Akintola;

The Committee on Judiciary and Justice of the House of Representatives was mandated on Wednesday 20th December, 2017 to investigate the circumstances surrounding Law School hijabgate. A law graduate of the University of Ilorin, AbdulSalaam Firdaus Amasa, was barred from ‘call to bar’ by the Nigerian Law School. The committee was given two weeks for the assignment.
The Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) has since dispatched its memorandum to the committee.

In summary, MURIC’s memorandum which was addressed to the Chairman of the House Committee on Judiciary and Justice and entitled “Memorandum in Respect of Call to Bar Case in the School of Law”, affirmed the mandatory nature of hijab for Muslim women in the Qur’an and restated the provisions of the Nigerian constitution on freedom of religion and respect for the dignity of the human person. The memorandum also revealed previous court decisions in favour of hijab including a Court of Appeal pronouncement confirming the right of Muslim women to use hijab.

MURIC appealed to the House of Representatives to “stand up for justice in this matter of infringement of Allah-given fundamental right of a lady who, having satisfied all righteousness in the Faculty of Law, University of Ilorin, is being denied her right to practice the law profession on account of her being a Muslim”.
The memorandum also stated that the Law School Hijabgate has brought to the fore the myriad of persecutions faced by Muslim women because of hijab in various sectors.

It adds, “In the process, thousands of Muslims have been denied international passports, driving licences and national identity cards while millions have been disenfranchised during elections. It is a case of mass profiling of Muslims.”

It added, “We therefore appeal to the House of Representatives as the voice of the voiceless and the bulwark against oppression and persecution, to take the bull by the horn by criminalizing the obstruction, denial and stigmatisation of female Muslim women in hijab while carrying out their civic responsibilities like obtaining international passport, driving licence, voters’ registration card, etc.

MURIC concluded by seeking the following reliefs:
1. Immediate ‘call to bar’ for AbdulSalaam Firdaus Amasa;

2. A judicial inquiry into the circumstances surrounding the molestation of Muslim students who were forced to remove their hijab on that fateful day;

3. Identification and adequate disciplinary measure (or measures) in respect of the Law School female lecturer who stepped on the hijab of Firdaus and debased it by using her feet to rub it on the floor and “kicked it around”;

4. a review of the code of dressing in the Nigerian Law School as it affects the ‘manifestation’ of religious beliefs and

5. a review of the dress code in all professions where uniforms are used such that female Muslims in such professions can use suitable hijab along with the uniform.

https://politicsngr.com/2018/01/03/hijab-saga-muslim-group-submits-memorandum-to-house-of-reps/

u pple re mad .
Re: Hijab Saga: MURIC Submits Memorandum To House Of Reps by Mccullum: 7:51pm On Jan 03, 2018
free2ryhme:

We are in Nigeria

you cant be bigger than the law.

This is the president's daughter call to bar ceremony

She decided to open her hair and that doesn't mean other who doesn't wish to open their hair must be force to open.
Re: Hijab Saga: MURIC Submits Memorandum To House Of Reps by henrysam(m): 8:20pm On Jan 03, 2018
Does she even have right in Islamic law is it not that she studies common law that was given to us by the colonialist that is why she is claiming right.
Help me tell her that the only right she has in sharia law as a woman is just to stand trial as a criminal not to even defend anybody as a lawyer
Bunch of hypocrates

1 Like

Re: Hijab Saga: MURIC Submits Memorandum To House Of Reps by ivolt: 8:51pm On Jan 03, 2018
Yian1:
What i know is, if a thing won't cause discomfort to other citizens, it should be allowed.
My organization my rule. Apart from the government, no individual or group owes you a right to anything.
You either play by their rules or stay away.
Re: Hijab Saga: MURIC Submits Memorandum To House Of Reps by laudate: 9:06pm On Jan 03, 2018
irepsuccess:
"Say to the believing women that they restrain their looks and guard their private parts, and that they display not their beauty or their embellishment except that which is apparent thereof, and that they draw their head coverings over their bosoms....." (24:32)
So the wig and gown is not enough to cover their bodies? Is that what you are saying? And the word 'hijab' is still not mentioned in that verse you gleefully quoted, o! shocked

3 Likes

Re: Hijab Saga: MURIC Submits Memorandum To House Of Reps by Pharmben: 9:06pm On Jan 03, 2018
Shame on this girl... People like her never made a mark in life that would advance the course of humanity...
Re: Hijab Saga: MURIC Submits Memorandum To House Of Reps by laudate: 9:10pm On Jan 03, 2018
irepsuccess:
I laugh in chinko
If you've not been hearing about MURIC activities that doesn't mean they ain't working. Kindly, Google search....MURIC and one NGO, CERAP or so are the first set of group that raised alarm about the Fulani herdsmen ish and they went to the extent of writing saraki... #make use of google to confirm whether truly they've not been taking steps on the issues you raised.
i am more concerne about the last part of your comment, hey more than 10verses of the quran talked about the use of hijab and countless hadiths talked about it. stop making hasty conclusion on what you have no knowledge of.

You can laugh in Greek, if you like. Na you sabi. sad So they wrote to Saraki on the issue of Fulani herdsmen who claimed the lives of muslims in various towns in nigeria, but this time around they do not want to write a letter to Saraki on Firdaus's issue, they want to write a 'memorandum.'

Let Muric keep deceiving themselves. When are they going to write memorandum on the Almajiris? Or on child marriages? Or on the fact that female muslim lawyers cannot practise law in Sharia courts? Finally, that specific word 'hijab' is NOT in the Quran.

2 Likes

Re: Hijab Saga: MURIC Submits Memorandum To House Of Reps by ascendo(m): 10:15pm On Jan 03, 2018
Partial law?

1 Like

Re: Hijab Saga: MURIC Submits Memorandum To House Of Reps by trumpcoat(m): 12:42am On Jan 04, 2018
Soneh:
I don't know why it is only poor Muslims that take this dressing of a thing serious.I have seen pictures of Buhari's daughter called to the same bar without her hijab.When I go through the social media pages of most of these northern Muslim BIG MEN daughters I find most of them not wearing hijab...The annoying thing about this case is that the foolish girl studied law,knew about these rules before enrolling into law school and still decided to break the rules.This got me wondering if she actually learnt anything all through her stay in the university.
Re: Hijab Saga: MURIC Submits Memorandum To House Of Reps by Idecievedyou(m): 12:44am On Jan 04, 2018
the problem is jesus still forgave them on his return to earth...so mercifull
Re: Hijab Saga: MURIC Submits Memorandum To House Of Reps by Sman37(m): 12:55am On Jan 04, 2018
fergie001:
Is it not ironic that in a country where deaths have been recorded in Omoku,people in pains in Abuja,fuel disaster all over the country,bomb-blast in Borno,fulani ethnic-cleansing of Benue,that Ishaq Akintola and his fellow Neanderthals will subject us to an hijab issue that is dead on arrival?
No condolence,no sympathies to those who lost loved ones,no way forward?
This man is the Shekau,forget the beards,he is Shekau......

Terrorist
Sorry if u know what bibles commands to kill is u won't call any territories dan xtians and u
Read Deuteronomy 13:13-18= it said kill all inhabitants'
Deuteronomy 21:20-23 = kills by hangings is God cursed
Deuteronomy 22:20-23 said any lady dat is not a virgin on her wedding night should be killed in front of his father house
so is nuclear killer here?
Re: Hijab Saga: MURIC Submits Memorandum To House Of Reps by Solorrman(m): 1:05am On Jan 04, 2018
yanshDoctor:
read this carefully.

also watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDinRIepzkA
u are just talking nonsense,and in the first place u are not on a position to discredit even traditional religion or paganism talkless of Islam,u need to know that jesus christ was not a God or his son neither any of u,we believed that God is the supreme being or entity that do not resemble anything that man have which can degrade his power like how jesus christ having an anus and peni.s,there is no way a God or his son visits toilet to piss and defeacate,there is no way a God should pray to another heveanly God,there is no way a God or his son would come to the world through vagin.a,God can not get exhausted as ur said original bible claimed when God got tied creating the world and so he rested. What u are talking about world domination is true but not through war thats why indonesia accept islam or do u ever think indonesians accepted islam by force,thats also an indication american accept islam every day,do u mean there is war in america to force islam convertion ? There is no way prophet mohammad could have copied bible because he would have being literate to do that,mohammad never write no read he just say and somebody write it down,u also need to know there are about 85 % kinds of worship u do that dictate how ignorant u were in understanding the bible for example jesus commanded women to cover their bodies not wear mini skirt in the name of western education,bible said women should not talk in the church not as u are now doing,there is no single place in the bible that the said god of urs said u should visit church on sundays. If a God or his son should go to toilet to defeacate that distinctly shows the contrary should have been devastated,should he ignore to visit toilet there must have been ill health,how can God eat simple food that we are eating ? He let himself be kill to save u and thats means whatever wrong u do commit on earth can not be accountable or rendered void,God do not need penis or creat a penis on himself just because of urination and sex while we do strongly believed that God is ever pure he has no dirty likeness and never accept a dirty prayers,he created man to worship him not dance all the time or spreading hatred,u said muslims must fight jihad then i ask u how many jihadist now fighting ? Just estimate,are they up to 70 million ? even if they are then the majority of us are what ? are we not muslims ? If u dnt know 89 percent of jihadist are christians in disguise,they receive armament and supply from countries that wanted to stir up hatred to islam as a tool of propaganda and also people like u who are causing disunity among people,or do u mean u are a good christian ? does jesus tell u to write this passage to creat tension and lies ? if u say no then that means u are not even a christian,coz u can not violate the command of jesus and be a christian at the same time. Lastly u need to know that jesus did not even once said he was a God in ur scriptures,he never say u should worship him and dancing like machael jackson can never save u after u die,the hardship would be regretable and harsh and the feasibility of mending the mistake is impossible,God or his son do not go to toilet and shit and u also need to know that i never read replies so dnt bother ur self
Re: Hijab Saga: MURIC Submits Memorandum To House Of Reps by Solorrman(m): 1:14am On Jan 04, 2018
Soneh:
I don't know why it is only poor Muslims that take this dressing of a thing serious.I have seen pictures of Buhari's daughter called to the same bar without her hijab.When I go through the social media pages of most of these northern Muslim BIG MEN daughters I find most of them not wearing hijab...The annoying thing about this case is that the foolish girl studied law,knew about these rules before enrolling into law school and still decided to break the rules.This got me wondering if she actually learnt anything all through her stay in the university.
U are also not doing what ur book tell u to do,bible said women should cover their bodies not wear mini skirt and skin tight in the name of education,u are violeting what bible told u seeng somewhere else,secondly does the big men daughters dressing means necessary to be uniformed with other muslims ? Does their position or fathers position forbid them to commit sin ? If not only buhari if imam of all muslims should violate the code of dressing mentioned is islam that means he commit sin whoever he is,there is no exception and that also means they followed ur footsteps. U can see an old woman with skimpy skirt just because she is educated. Lastly dont bother urself writing replies bkos i never read replies since i started with nairaland
Re: Hijab Saga: MURIC Submits Memorandum To House Of Reps by Solorrman(m): 1:19am On Jan 04, 2018
clarocuzioo:
I think they would have submitted a memorandum for them to be granted their Islamic country where everything about Islam will be exercised without any inference or disturbance. That will save everybody unnecessarily headaches. These are the things that makes some people believe that this country is not and can never be one.
Am also curious why MURIC is yet to issue a statement or response or their stance on the atrocities metted to the entire nation by Fulani herdsmen. Does it mean hijab is more important than the lives been lost on per second billing?
u need to be fair because we northerners i mean the average and majority do not feel happy abt any killing not even christian or whatever we hate even killing a single person that tried hard to make a farm for his feeding and some one come and finish it in a day,any sane person knows its not right and should a suggested be requested to be provided by us we would have directed a very heavy blow to the fulani only if its some people in disguise
Re: Hijab Saga: MURIC Submits Memorandum To House Of Reps by Solorrman(m): 1:22am On Jan 04, 2018
buJu234:
O God plx answer my call fast oo... am tired of sharing this country with people that can't see beyond religion poverty mindset
oh God pls separate us from filthy people am tued of sharing airport and school with pig,dog,worm,flies,donkeys eaters wo. I want a country where there is no mini skirt and show off cloths in the name of education
Re: Hijab Saga: MURIC Submits Memorandum To House Of Reps by Solorrman(m): 1:26am On Jan 04, 2018
zombieTRACKER:
When will CAN do same on the Fulani herdsmen massacre in middle belt

On the topic
I think it's time for all religious groups to have their own law schools and dress as they like since some people cannot do without religious sentiments for once in their lives.....
The traditional worshippers too shouldn't be over looked.. Everyone should be carried along

Issues like this will be coming up until we divide this country... There is no running away from it
The fact that Nigeria is a secular state gives some people sleep less nights ... They will never rest until they set the country ablaze
haa a u said u want peace but at thesame time calling can to kill the way fulani does,are all muslims or middle belters fulani or is any muslim a fulani ? what bring abt can u should have talk about army and police if u are not bias instead. Sorry wo dont bother replying bkos i never once read anybodys reply on nairaland all i see is numbers
Re: Hijab Saga: MURIC Submits Memorandum To House Of Reps by Solorrman(m): 1:26am On Jan 04, 2018
zombieTRACKER:
When will CAN do same on the Fulani herdsmen massacre in middle belt

On the topic
I think it's time for all religious groups to have their own law schools and dress as they like since some people cannot do without religious sentiments for once in their lives.....
The traditional worshippers too shouldn't be over looked.. Everyone should be carried along

Issues like this will be coming up until we divide this country... There is no running away from it
The fact that Nigeria is a secular state gives some people sleep less nights ... They will never rest until they set the country ablaze
haa a u said u want peace but at thesame time calling can to kill the way fulani does,are all muslims or middle belters fulani or is any muslim a fulani ? what bring abt can u should have talk about army and police if u are not bias instead. Sorry wo dont bother replying bkos i never once read anybodys reply on nairaland all i see is numbersssss
Re: Hijab Saga: MURIC Submits Memorandum To House Of Reps by Solorrman(m): 1:28am On Jan 04, 2018
leezzz:

hmmmm
what is d capital of pakistan??
the capital of pakistan means jesus christ has anus and peni.s that means he was the only known god on earth to be visiting toilet
Re: Hijab Saga: MURIC Submits Memorandum To House Of Reps by Solorrman(m): 1:32am On Jan 04, 2018
Abfinest007:
they should summit document to show they have sense too
true but those that takes jesus as a god need to be the first to submit their documents bkos we doubt their sane how could a human being worship a person that have anus and peni.s as a god or his son while he never himself ever made mentioned that they should worship him. Dont bother i dnt read replies just keep it to urself
Re: Hijab Saga: MURIC Submits Memorandum To House Of Reps by glambo(m): 5:46am On Jan 04, 2018
OgahBohz:

See I'm not against your opinion o...

but have you ever taken time to read the English Qur'an? nd find out wether what the media, the self acclaimed Islamic terrorist groups ,etc made u believe is true? have u?

as a learned person m sure you know their are at least three sides to a story.. or an issue, the accused side, the acusee nd the witness side...

have u ever taken ur time to mke research on the origin of bible, as written in Hebrew, how it was converted to almost 10 dif versions, what changed, wt didn't change? why it ws changed nd who changed it? ...

The best way to be knowledgeable is through PERSONAL FACT FINDING FROM ORIGINAL SOURCES ....

PEACE ..

It is not mandatory to read it when those Muslim that read and live by it have not openly come out to condemned the act as anti-islam.
If other Muslim take it up on themselves to de-radicalized the brain washed muslims who take it hook line and sinker what they are took by their shirk then people will have a second perspective to the religion
But for as long as they keep quite when attack is done in the name of Islam non Muslim will joyously see the difference in them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Court Grants Senator Abbo N5 Million Bail / Explosive! Buhari, Nigeria And The Organization Of Islamic Conference (OIC) / How To Identify Suicide Bombers – Buratai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.