Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,446 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Ortom Says Benue Grazing Law Is Working, 16 Herdsmen Arraigned - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ortom Says Benue Grazing Law Is Working, 16 Herdsmen Arraigned (382 Views)

"I'm Still In APC" - Governor Ortom Says After Secret Talks With PDP Leaders / Don't Politicise Benue, Taraba Killing - Governor Ortom Says / Wheelbarrow: David Mark Mocks Ortom; Ortom Says He's Jealous Of His Achievement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ortom Says Benue Grazing Law Is Working, 16 Herdsmen Arraigned by edunwablog: 6:11pm On Jan 03, 2018
Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom, says at least 16 herdsmen and some indigenes of the state have been arraigned.

The governor, who said three other cattle rustlers also arraigned with the help of the security agencies, was delighted that the anti-open grazing law was already yielding positive results in the state.He revealed on Tuesday during an interview on Channels Television’s News At 10 while reacting to the recent killings of about 33 people by suspected herdsmen in the state

“The implementation of the law since November 1 has been going on well,” he said. “I have the support of the security agencies, we are working fine.”

“As I talk to you, we have arraigned more than 16 herdsmen who were sent to the federal prison, and three indigenes who also attempted to rustle cattle in Benue State,” Ortom added.He further condemned the killings in the state and insisted that there was no going back on the implementation of the anti-open grazing law.

Reacting to threats issued to the state government to reverse the law, Governor Ortom said: “This report was made known to the security agencies of this country that they did promise that they were going to resist the implementation of this law.”

“But I don’t know what else to say because severally, I have challenged Nigerians – I have challenged anyone with a better solution to the crisis between herdsmen and farmers to put it on the table and so far, no one has put this.

“What we have done is global best practice. This is what we have done and there is no way whether you kill everyone in Benue State today, there is no land for herdsmen to come and do open grazing; it is impossible – the land is no longer there,” the governor said.

http://www.akelicious.com/2018/01/ortom-says-benue-grazing-law-is-working.html

Re: Ortom Says Benue Grazing Law Is Working, 16 Herdsmen Arraigned by MummyIMadeIt: 6:33pm On Jan 03, 2018
An incompetent leader.

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity: Federal Government And Oil Marketers Finally Agree On Fuel Price / APC Is The Best Thing That Has Happened To This Country / UN Commends Nigeria On Boko Haram, Human Rights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.