Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,163 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

5 Nigerian Companies Bigger And Richer Than Lagos and Ogun State - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Nigerian Companies Bigger And Richer Than Lagos and Ogun State (13870 Views)

Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May / IGP Deploys Intervention Squads To Lagos And Ogun. / Ibrahim Tumsah Musa: The Most Corrupt Civil Servant, Richer Than 4 Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Nigerian Companies Bigger And Richer Than Lagos and Ogun State by GoldNiagara(m): 7:11pm On Jan 04, 2018
CasaFFa:

Lagos is country Never hurts to double check before hitting submit.

You don't get it.There is something patently wrong with how you guys reason.

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Companies Bigger And Richer Than Lagos and Ogun State by maestroferddi: 7:58pm On Jan 04, 2018
kettykings:

Thank you for this Info about this very humble economist that is one of the economic pillars of the Africa and a blazing icon of the East
Pascal Dozie, a quintessential professional, a consummate achiever,a model Igboman from the land of humility, Imo State.

If only people can learn...
Re: 5 Nigerian Companies Bigger And Richer Than Lagos and Ogun State by deomelo: 8:28pm On Jan 04, 2018
maestroferddi:
Pascal Dozie, a quintessential professional, a consummate achiever,a model Igboman from the land of humility, Imo State.

If only people can learn...

Learn what? What is he doing that other people are not doing or haven't done?

You people and you're inferiority complex and low self-esteem..

4 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Companies Bigger And Richer Than Lagos and Ogun State by EternalTruths: 8:34pm On Jan 04, 2018
kettykings:

Your first value propositions are fine but will CSC allow crowd funding , i read in a thisday publication how they said it is disallowed

The Mutula investment fund model might be just be a little too cumbersome for starters .

The East Really needs a crowdfunding firm to finnance innovations and inventions

Yes.

Convincing the CSC or SEC is not an issue. The problem, is if people are willing to invest into a technological idea not yet in existence.
Re: 5 Nigerian Companies Bigger And Richer Than Lagos and Ogun State by IkpuMmadu: 10:25pm On Jan 04, 2018
omololu2020:
so because MTN Nigeria it's chaired by a deltan,it means the deltan own the company called MTN Nigeria?

Don't be this daft ..Paschal Dozie is from Egbu Owerri in Imo state not Delta State and he is a majority shareholder and that is why MTN uses his bank Diamond bank

You have seen how Igbo roll yet they fought wars and still fighting the system

I love been Igbo
Re: 5 Nigerian Companies Bigger And Richer Than Lagos and Ogun State by maestroferddi: 10:25pm On Jan 04, 2018
deomelo:

Learn what? What is he doing that other people are not doing or haven't done?

You people and you're inferiority complex and low self-esteem..
I dont particularly like answering stupid questions...

If a man gets to the pinnacle of his profession, dominates all comers, breaks records nauseatingly, nurtures and mentors other leaders from every creed and persuasion AND still remains humble to a fault, then such a man should be a reference point for others to accord requisite deference.

A man who didnt make his money by colluding with the powers that be to stealthily acquire shares and ultimately take over goverment corporations is worthy to be emulated...
Re: 5 Nigerian Companies Bigger And Richer Than Lagos and Ogun State by IkpuMmadu: 10:26pm On Jan 04, 2018
Rmxr:

Doesn't mean anything

Oba Otudeko used to be the chairman of First bank, did that make him the owner? Same Oba Otudeko was the chairman of Airtel Nigeria before Alfa Belgore. Does that make them owners?

Hakeem Bello-Osagie was the Chairman of Etisalat Nigeria before he resigned. Did that make him the owner? Joseph Nnanna is the new chairman

Fola Adeola was chairman of GTbank. Today, Osaretin-Demuren is Chairman

Get some education and stop embarrassing yourself.

Do you understand what is means to own majority stakes in Nigeria ...he dictates that's why MTN and his band diamond Bank roll together
Re: 5 Nigerian Companies Bigger And Richer Than Lagos and Ogun State by IkpuMmadu: 10:28pm On Jan 04, 2018
sevenhundred:
there is no way a company can be richer than a state or nation, the difference is that company make profit while state spends money. for instance Lagos state is keeping all money since the state was created',

Google is even richer than the whole West African states combined ....MTN is richer than the whole country seff ...wetin be Lagos
Re: 5 Nigerian Companies Bigger And Richer Than Lagos and Ogun State by deomelo: 10:31pm On Jan 04, 2018
[s]
maestroferddi:
I dont particularly like answering stupid questions...

If man gets to the pinnacle of his profession, dominates all comers, breaks records nauseatingly, nurtures and mentors other leaders from every creed and persuasion AND still remains humble to a fault, then such a man should be reference point for others to accord requisite deference.

A man who didnt make his money by colluding with the powers that be to stealthily acquire shares and ultimately take over goverment corporations is worthy to be emulated...
[/s]

I did not ask you for story, I asked you what's there to learn and is this something that other people have not done before or are not doing right now?

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Companies Bigger And Richer Than Lagos and Ogun State by owbabs: 10:35pm On Jan 04, 2018
Do people know or understand the 80-20 rule? If you don't you should look it up before wasting time arguing about this.
Re: 5 Nigerian Companies Bigger And Richer Than Lagos and Ogun State by kettykings: 10:45pm On Jan 04, 2018
owbabs:
Do people know or understand the 80-20 rule? If you don't you should look it up before wasting time arguing about this.

May be you can throw more light on your sepcial 80 -20 rule if i can remember The Pareto principle (also known as the 80/20 rule, the law of the vital few, or the principle of factor sparsity) states that, for many events, roughly 80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes.

eventhough buhari came with his 97% - 5% rule which obvioulsy does not meet any academic or research value because it is puerile, immature and very childish

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Companies Bigger And Richer Than Lagos and Ogun State by kolaaderin: 11:07pm On Jan 04, 2018
Rmxr:
Lol. Our brothers from ipob bureau of statistics are back from holiday

The moment i saw MTN in the same context with Pasca and Igbo I knew the Bureau of statistics resumes today..... happy resumption

By the way MTN is owned by a South African, never Knew you guys are not grabbing companies now. Those companies would run down in just a year if exposed the the kind expenditure Lagos state presently undertakes.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Companies Bigger And Richer Than Lagos and Ogun State by kolaaderin: 11:37pm On Jan 04, 2018
EternalTruths:

Is Nigeria richer than Apple, BMW, Tesla, Ford, LG, Samsung etc.

I will ask you to inform them to buy a piece of Land as big as Nigeria and replicate in all Infrastructures roads, bridges and Houses including 1 year salary of the Nigerian work force and come back here to tell me how much debt they have left on their account balance sheet.

Obviously, they are rich in capital saving but not in assets.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Companies Bigger And Richer Than Lagos and Ogun State by EternalTruths: 11:48pm On Jan 04, 2018
kolaaderin:

I will ask you to inform them to buy a piece of Land as big as Nigeria and replicate in all Infrastructures roads, bridges and Houses including 1 year salary of the Nigerian work force and come back here to tell me how much debt they have left on their account balance sheet.

Obviously, they are rich in capital saving but not in assets.

If only your tribesmen are better informed, they would have known that there are companies far richer than some countries.

It is called globalization.

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Companies Bigger And Richer Than Lagos and Ogun State by omololu2020(m): 12:05am On Jan 05, 2018
IkpuMmadu:

Don't be this daft ..Paschal Dozie is from Egbu Owerri in Imo state not Delta State and he is a majority shareholder and that is why MTN uses his bank Diamond bank

I love been Igbo
you are a fool,I didn't abuse you why I quoted you,but you choose to show how foolish and stupid you are.
MTN does not belong to paschal dozie,he is just a share holder.if MTN SA pulls out of Nigeria, MTN NIG will collapse and it's name will change to 7mobile grin

And who even sabi the yeye bank called diamond bank sef

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Companies Bigger And Richer Than Lagos and Ogun State by omololu2020(m): 12:06am On Jan 05, 2018
IkpuMmadu:

I love been Igbo
you are a fool,I didn't abuse you why I quoted you,but you choose to show how foolish and stupid you are.
MTN does not belong to paschal dozie,he is just a share holder.if MTN SA pulls out of Nigeria, MTN NIG will collapse and it's name will change to 7mobile grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Companies Bigger And Richer Than Lagos and Ogun State by safiaaBUTTHOLE: 1:09am On Jan 05, 2018
omololu2020:

Lmao. RIP OP grin grin

4 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Companies Bigger And Richer Than Lagos and Ogun State by BigIyanga: 1:35am On Jan 05, 2018
sevenhundred:
yes, Nigeria is richer than those companies. those company can not pay the salaries of Nigeria workers and still exist till today. so govt is not profit making org understands?
Stop talking nonsense. Those companies have overhead, liabities and RD. Some companies are bigger than Naija.. because our GDP is the summation of evrything in it. Apple cash on hand is about $250bn with a market valuation of over $900bn while Naija’s gdp is about $400bn

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Companies Bigger And Richer Than Lagos and Ogun State by Rmxr: 3:47am On Jan 05, 2018
IkpuMmadu:

Do you understand what is means to own majority stakes in Nigeria ...he dictates that's why MTN and his band diamond Bank roll together

Do you have any evidence he owns majority stakes in MTN Nigeria?
Re: 5 Nigerian Companies Bigger And Richer Than Lagos and Ogun State by obaaderemi: 4:37am On Jan 05, 2018
BigIyanga:

Stop talking nonsense. Those companies have overhead, liabities and RD. Some companies are bigger than Naija.. because our GDP is the summation of evrything in it. Apple cash on hand is about $250bn with a market valuation of over $900bn while Naija’s gdp is about $400bn
Tell us Nigeria's market valuation. Since our GDP is bigger than Apple's revenue. You IBO's keep embarrassing your tribe instead of you to correct one another.
Re: 5 Nigerian Companies Bigger And Richer Than Lagos and Ogun State by BigIyanga: 4:59am On Jan 05, 2018
obaaderemi:
Tell us Nigeria's market valuation. Since our GDP is bigger than Apple's revenue. You IBO's keep embarrassing your tribe instead of you to correct one another.
What an arrogant display of congenital idiocy.. Naija valuation is her GPD. Stop dashing ignorance for free! Go and collect your money from mumu econs teacher. What a product of jaundiced education always seeing everything thru ethno-religuous prism.

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Companies Bigger And Richer Than Lagos and Ogun State by EternalTruths: 5:47am On Jan 05, 2018
BigIyanga:

What an arrogant display of congenital idiocy.. Naija valuation is her GPD. Stop dashing ignorance for free! Go and collect your money from mumu econs teacher. What a product of jaundiced education always seeing everything thru ethno-religuous prism.

Don't mind the illiterate Afonja.

He couldn't differentiate cash at hand and market value.

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Companies Bigger And Richer Than Lagos and Ogun State by EternalTruths: 5:48am On Jan 05, 2018
obaaderemi:

Cash at hand is the same as Foreign Reserve

Market Value is the same as GDP

So compare and contrast to see that Apple is far richer than Nigeria.
Re: 5 Nigerian Companies Bigger And Richer Than Lagos and Ogun State by EternalTruths: 5:49am On Jan 05, 2018
BigIyanga:

Afonjas will always remain poor because they are too proud to learn.

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Companies Bigger And Richer Than Lagos and Ogun State by sevenhundred(m): 5:57am On Jan 05, 2018
BigIyanga:

it seem you don't understand a simple economics logic, for instance all the money Nigeria govt makes in a year was not used to pay salaries, construct or provides amenities buy weapon etc, the govt only investing the money every year can you imagine the turnover? because those company GDP rose to that level because they invested their money for profit making only.
Re: 5 Nigerian Companies Bigger And Richer Than Lagos and Ogun State by IkpuMmadu: 6:01am On Jan 05, 2018
omololu2020:

Nobody knows the bank but that is the bank MTN is using and one of the most stable banks not that useless GTB bank that can't even pay Innoson but stealing

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Companies Bigger And Richer Than Lagos and Ogun State by EternalTruths: 6:03am On Jan 05, 2018
sevenhundred:
it seem you don't understand a simple economics logic, for instance all the money Nigeria govt makes in a year was not used to pay salaries, construct or provides amenities buy weapon etc, the govt only investing the money every year can you imagine the turnover? because those company GDP rose to that level because they invested their money for profit making only.

Stop talking thrash.

Qatar and UAE are global investors.

They are acquiring lands & businesses globally should in case oil & gas loses wealth.

Norway is already a global investor.

The Fulani Republic of Nigeria can never think outside plundering the oil wealth of SS & SE.

Nations are investing globally if you don't know.
Re: 5 Nigerian Companies Bigger And Richer Than Lagos and Ogun State by EternalTruths: 6:06am On Jan 05, 2018
IkpuMmadu:

Nobody knows the bank but that is the bank MTN is using and one of the most stable banks not that useless GTB bank that can't even pay Innoson but stealing

Afonjas can't swallow their pride in order to learn.

May God keep helping us to build globalized companies while Afonjas hold on tenaciously to Lagos.
Re: 5 Nigerian Companies Bigger And Richer Than Lagos and Ogun State by sevenhundred(m): 6:09am On Jan 05, 2018
IkpuMmadu:

Google is even richer than the whole West African states combined ....MTN is richer than the whole country seff ...wetin be Lagos
MTN? richer than the countries but still investing in the country under the control and supervision of the country? maybe you don't understand Nigeria makes the company not the other way round, MTN can not pay Nigeria pensioners salaries for a year only without going bankrupt. likewise any big companies can not be richer than any nation because company was created to make profit while govt provides services and amenities.
Re: 5 Nigerian Companies Bigger And Richer Than Lagos and Ogun State by Rmxr: 6:10am On Jan 05, 2018
EternalTruths:

Afonjas can't swallow their pride in order to learn.

May God keep helping us to build globalized companies while Afonjas hold on tenaciously to Lagos.

The globalized companies you couldn't mention on your nonsense Igbo businesses thread. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Companies Bigger And Richer Than Lagos and Ogun State by EternalTruths: 6:13am On Jan 05, 2018
sevenhundred:
MTN? richer than the countries but still investing in the country under the control and supervision of the country? maybe you don't understand Nigeria makes the company not the other way round, MTN can not pay Nigeria pensioners salaries for a year only without going bankrupt. likewise any big companies can not be richer than any nation because company was created to make profit while govt provides services and amenities.

When will you learn.?

What we are telling you Yoruba people is to start focusing on building international companies that can create good jobs & wealth for you people.

Lagos will not be able to sustain you guys.

There are companies far richer than Nigeria eg Apple.
Re: 5 Nigerian Companies Bigger And Richer Than Lagos and Ogun State by EternalTruths: 6:14am On Jan 05, 2018
Rmxr:

The globalized companies you couldn't mention on your nonsense Igbo businesses thread. grin cheesy

You want me to mention it so that you can sabotaged it the way you guys almost killed Innoson & Ibeto.

God forbid.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu: Lagos State On Its Way To Becoming The Silicon Valley Of Africa / Allow Live Broadcast Of Presidential Election Tribunal’s Proceedings, Onaiyekan / Fayose Reinstate Suspended Ssg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.