Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Why You Must Do Keyword Research Before Writing An Article As A Blogger - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why You Must Do Keyword Research Before Writing An Article As A Blogger (5197 Views)

How To Do Keyword Research For Seo And Ranking On Front Page Of Google / How To Conduct Basic Keyword Research For Your Website And Blog - 4 Steps / Four Applications You Must Have On Your Phone As A Blogger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Must Do Keyword Research Before Writing An Article As A Blogger by cooldude62(m): 11:37am On Jan 04, 2018
talk2ekpa:

The OP tried... Let me help out a little.

After you've researched and known the keyword you want to use, the best three places to insert those keywords are:

1. Title tags: Ensure that your keyword is contained in the title of your post.

2. META Description tag: This is the bot version of your post summary. To be successful with META tag, ensure your keyword is contained in the first paragraph or few sentences at the beginning of your post. I am personally making that recommendation because of the plugin I'll talk about below.

3. Headers and Sub-headers: These are same as the paragraphs, or headers you see in your WordPress or other CMCs (header1 to 6). First... You must never use header 1 in the body of your article, because the h1 is meant only for your title. But when using h2 to h6, try and include your keywords in them.

For example: My keyword is: Apple iPhone 7 Vs Blackberry Motion

My title: Apple iPhone 7 Vs Blackberry Motion: Fruit Battle

My header: Apple iPhone 7 Vs Blackberry Motion: Specification Comparison

Sub-header: Apple iPhone 7 Vs Blackberry Motion: Camera Comparison

One exceptional rule to the above is: DO NOT OVER USE KEYBOARD. Keyboard stuffing will hurt your SEO, especially Google. But you can see how a single keyword travel through the three important parts of your post above.

If you are blogging with WordPress, always try and use the plugin called SEO Framework. It a free SEO plugin available in WordPress store.

Online other SEO plugin like Yoast and AIOSEOP, the SEO Framework plugin have the ability to output META tags from all the sections above, and add them to the search engine friendly version of your post without you doing them manually.

While you can still set up META description manually in the plugin, which might be time consuming for site with many articles per day, the SEO Framework can pick the first 150-162 words at the beginning of your article an set it as the META description. So that was why I said your keyword must be contained in the first paragraph or few sentences at the beginning of your post.

One thing you should know about this SEO thing is the fact that you can't do it all. You might be getting an aspect right today, and tomorrow Google makes adjustments to their algorithm and BOOM, down goes your website. So just do the one you can.

Good luck with SEO guys.

Thanks
Re: Why You Must Do Keyword Research Before Writing An Article As A Blogger by explosivesedo: 11:38am On Jan 04, 2018
uprightman:
what are the easiest way to search for relevant keywords for a blog?

use google keyword planner and sem rush. those two are trusted
Re: Why You Must Do Keyword Research Before Writing An Article As A Blogger by cooldude62(m): 11:38am On Jan 04, 2018
Doerstech:

Now your Keywords and it's related phrases are meant to be used on different part of your page/blog posts.

1) Your Page URL: You should reflect your page Keyword on your page/post URL. eg let's say you're writhing on a topic "How to Optimize a website" and your website name is www.cooldude62.com..The url for the post should be something like https:/www.cooldude62.com/How-to -Optimize-a-website"

2) Your meta tags: The next after your page URL is your meta tags ( which are your title and page description tags )

Your Title tag: Our page/post title should start with the target keyword(or it’s variant a different version of it)and it should be at the very beginning of your title tag.

And if possible use modifiers eg Your title from the above can be "7 Ways to Optimize your website for search engine" etc

Your Page/Post Description this is what comes in search results immediately after your page/post title tag. It should not just contain the page/post keyword but should include a CTA, something that will make your readers to click on it. eg "Looking for how to drive traffic to your website? Then use this 7 SEO Techniques to drive traffic to your website today"

Other Places you should reflect your Keyword/Synonymy of the keywords ( Because you shouldn't Overflog your page/post with your Target Keyword )

1) Your page/post image name and it's alt tag

2) Your page/post <header> tags starting with the <H1> tag which should have the main Keyword, and then break down your page/post with the <h2> tags but with the variant of the target Keyword

3) Your page/post internal link anchor text

4) Your page/post content: if your post is long enough, then the long tail version of the keyword ought to flow naturally into it.

Hope i have made an attempt in answering this......feel free to ask questions

Thank you
Re: Why You Must Do Keyword Research Before Writing An Article As A Blogger by explosivesedo: 11:41am On Jan 04, 2018
MichaelRJ:
how do I do keywords research? which tool can one use for that??

you can either use gogle adword or sem rush
Re: Why You Must Do Keyword Research Before Writing An Article As A Blogger by Boldwinner(m): 12:11pm On Jan 04, 2018
This is really helpful content for bloggers like me. I used to think it's just all about writing a good blog post, give it a nice title, add some images and hit the publish button. Now I've gotten a better understanding of key words! Thank you op. 2018 will surely be a better year for The Bold Winner's Blog
Re: Why You Must Do Keyword Research Before Writing An Article As A Blogger by uprightman(m): 12:41pm On Jan 04, 2018
explosivesedo:

use google keyword planner and sem rush. those two are trusted
My domain name expired then I went back to free domain and all my keywords disappeared.
Re: Why You Must Do Keyword Research Before Writing An Article As A Blogger by IamShiningStar(f): 2:14pm On Jan 04, 2018
talk2ekpa:

The OP tried... Let me help out a little.

After you've researched and known the keyword you want to use, the best three places to insert those keywords are:

1. Title tags: Ensure that your keyword is contained in the title of your post.

2. META Description tag: This is the bot version of your post summary. To be successful with META tag, ensure your keyword is contained in the first paragraph or few sentences at the beginning of your post. I am personally making that recommendation because of the plugin I'll talk about below.

3. Headers and Sub-headers: These are same as the paragraphs, or headers you see in your WordPress or other CMCs (header1 to 6). First... You must never use header 1 in the body of your article, because the h1 is meant only for your title. But when using h2 to h6, try and include your keywords in them.

For example: My keyword is: Apple iPhone 7 Vs Blackberry Motion

My title: Apple iPhone 7 Vs Blackberry Motion: Fruit Battle

My header: Apple iPhone 7 Vs Blackberry Motion: Specification Comparison

Sub-header: Apple iPhone 7 Vs Blackberry Motion: Camera Comparison

One exceptional rule to the above is: DO NOT OVER USE KEYBOARD. Keyboard stuffing will hurt your SEO, especially Google. But you can see how a single keyword travel through the three important parts of your post above.

If you are blogging with WordPress, always try and use the plugin called SEO Framework. It a free SEO plugin available in WordPress store.

Online other SEO plugin like Yoast and AIOSEOP, the SEO Framework plugin have the ability to output META tags from all the sections above, and add them to the search engine friendly version of your post without you doing them manually.

While you can still set up META description manually in the plugin, which might be time consuming for site with many articles per day, the SEO Framework can pick the first 150-162 words at the beginning of your article an set it as the META description. So that was why I said your keyword must be contained in the first paragraph or few sentences at the beginning of your post.

One thing you should know about this SEO thing is the fact that you can't do it all. You might be getting an aspect right today, and tomorrow Google makes adjustments to their algorithm and BOOM, down goes your website. So just do the one you can.

Good luck with SEO guys.

wonderful
Re: Why You Must Do Keyword Research Before Writing An Article As A Blogger by IamShiningStar(f): 2:15pm On Jan 04, 2018
Doerstech:

Now your Keywords and it's related phrases are meant to be used on different part of your page/blog posts.

1) Your Page URL: You should reflect your page Keyword on your page/post URL. eg let's say you're writhing on a topic "How to Optimize a website" and your website name is www.cooldude62.com..The url for the post should be something like https:/www.cooldude62.com/How-to -Optimize-a-website"

2) Your meta tags: The next after your page URL is your meta tags ( which are your title and page description tags )

Your Title tag: Our page/post title should start with the target keyword(or it’s variant a different version of it)and it should be at the very beginning of your title tag.

And if possible use modifiers eg Your title from the above can be "7 Ways to Optimize your website for search engine" etc

Your Page/Post Description this is what comes in search results immediately after your page/post title tag. It should not just contain the page/post keyword but should include a CTA, something that will make your readers to click on it. eg "Looking for how to drive traffic to your website? Then use this 7 SEO Techniques to drive traffic to your website today"

Other Places you should reflect your Keyword/Synonymy of the keywords ( Because you shouldn't Overflog your page/post with your Target Keyword )

1) Your page/post image name and it's alt tag

2) Your page/post <header> tags starting with the <H1> tag which should have the main Keyword, and then break down your page/post with the <h2> tags but with the variant of the target Keyword

3) Your page/post internal link anchor text

4) Your page/post content: if your post is long enough, then the long tail version of the keyword ought to flow naturally into it.

Hope i have made an attempt in answering this......feel free to ask questions
thanks too.

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Do Keyword Research Before Writing An Article As A Blogger by wizkidblogger(f): 2:28pm On Jan 04, 2018
So Linda and other top bloggers in Nigeria do keyword research before writing?

Smh**
Re: Why You Must Do Keyword Research Before Writing An Article As A Blogger by majamajic(m): 3:31pm On Jan 04, 2018
after pressing Get Ideas
all I see is
oops can't acess now try again later
Re: Why You Must Do Keyword Research Before Writing An Article As A Blogger by majamajic(m): 3:31pm On Jan 04, 2018
after pressing Get Ideas
all I see is
oops can't acess now try again later
Re: Why You Must Do Keyword Research Before Writing An Article As A Blogger by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 04, 2018
Doerstech:

They're different tools you can use to do your keyword research some of which are paid, Google Keyword planner is a free tool used by many which you can use as far as you have a gmail account.

Just google "Google Keyword planner tool" and then sign in to get started. See images below....

Google advices webmasters and bloggers to ignore keywords stuffing and focus on writing articles that solve peoples problems. Well, if you ask me I believe Google algorithm is gradually shifting from keywords to semantics.
Re: Why You Must Do Keyword Research Before Writing An Article As A Blogger by bedfordng(m): 4:58pm On Jan 04, 2018
hmmm
Re: Why You Must Do Keyword Research Before Writing An Article As A Blogger by nairalandic(m): 5:12pm On Jan 04, 2018
you might want to know content writting before jumping to keyword research, without knowing how to write content effectively your keywords might be useless in using them...

When you are planning an seo content which you want to rank high on google or any other search engine. A lot is to be put into consideration which I would be listing today and I believe you all will enjoy this, keep reading.

This why i made the tutorial for evryone to reading...
Click below

https://caffinegeeks.com/5-questions-to-ask-when-planning-seo-content/
Re: Why You Must Do Keyword Research Before Writing An Article As A Blogger by Doerstech(m): 5:47pm On Jan 04, 2018
questechie:

Google advices webmasters and bloggers to ignore keywords stuffing and focus on writing articles that solve peoples problems. Well, if you ask me I believe Google algorithm is gradually shifting from keywords to semantics.

I never asked anyone to stuff Keyword, that's one of the reason's why keyword meta tag was discarded long time ago....

1) Every page/post on a website must/should have a focus Keyword and then

2) Down the page, you should have variant of that keyword, synonyms examples are what you see on the footer part of SERP, those are similar things people search for relating to your keyword. check the image below.

Re: Why You Must Do Keyword Research Before Writing An Article As A Blogger by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 04, 2018
Doerstech:

I never asked anyone to stuff Keyword, that's one of the reason's why keyword meta tag was discarded long time ago....

1) Every page/post on a website must/should have a focus Keyword and then

2) Down the page, you should have variant of that keyword, synonyms examples are what you see on the footer part of SERP, those are similar things people search for relating to your keyword. check the image below.

About having that exact keyword to rank, I beg to disagree. Search for "Uber ssa online" on Google and you'd find my post among top 10, but no such keyword on the article. How did that happen?
Re: Why You Must Do Keyword Research Before Writing An Article As A Blogger by lilreese: 7:00pm On Jan 04, 2018
following
Re: Why You Must Do Keyword Research Before Writing An Article As A Blogger by Doerstech(m): 9:41pm On Jan 04, 2018
questechie:

About having that exact keyword to rank, I beg to disagree. Search for "Uber ssa online" on Google and you'd find my post among top 10, but no such keyword on the article. How did that happen?

I will definitely search and look through the post, your Keyword and its related phrases is one of the factors. others comes into play as well, saying that Keywords doesn't matter all all just because other factors worked for you doesn't add up.
Re: Why You Must Do Keyword Research Before Writing An Article As A Blogger by shopiesfy(m): 9:40am On Oct 19, 2020
This is one of the best tips I ever read for today about seo here on nairaland.

Thanks pal.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Risk In Buying A Premium Theme From a Third-party? / Need Nigerians Email Address / How Easy Is Web Designing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.