Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

FASHOLA Hails Fayose Over Ekiti Projects - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FASHOLA Hails Fayose Over Ekiti Projects (1056 Views)

EFCC Sets Up Special Team To Grill Fayose Over Corruption Charges / Deji Adeyanju Blames PDP And Fayose Over The Loss Of Ekiti Election / John Bray Visits Fayose Over Ekiti Election (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FASHOLA Hails Fayose Over Ekiti Projects by naijapips04: 11:50pm On Jan 03, 2018
Babatunde Fashola who is the minister of power works and housing has applauded Governor Ayodele Fayose when the duo inspected some projects in Ekiti.

The Punch reports that the minister also berated the federal controller of works in Ekiti State, Hezekiah Kehinde, for siting the ongoing national housing project in a location far from the heart of Ado Ekiti.

Fashola said sitting the project in an insecure location was not right.

He however applauded Fayose for executing some projects along federal roads describing it as the kind of collaboration that should be emulated by other states with the federal government.

He particularly pointed out the expansion of the Ado-Akure highway at Ikere Ekiti as a great project.

He said: “We saw all the projects being executed by the state government; this is the kind of collaboration that the Federal Government welcomes. What is important is how much service we deliver to the people we are to serve. Of course, roads are shared among the tiers of government, but what is important is the service to the people.

“In the area of housing, the state ought to lead, but there is nothing wrong with the Federal Government coming in to support. It will create job opportunities for different categories of people and it will boost the local economy too.”

The minister said Kehinde should have given a professional advice to the state on the location of the housing project.

“We will have to discuss a possible relocation of this place when I get to Abuja. You said you were given this site, even if this is where the government had allocated for it, I expect you to give a professional advice that this place is not likely to be suitable.”

He controller however said he made attempt to reach the governor to no avail.

Fayose applauded the visit of the minister and noted that it was timely considering the projects ongoing along the Ado-Aramoko-Ita Ure and Ado-Ikere-Akure roads.

He faulted the claim by the controller that he tried to reach him.

Fayose said: “You said you came to my office and you didn’t see me, why couldn’t you make effort to send a message? I was not even aware that such a project was ongoing in that far area.”

“We have submitted our papers and I think the Federal Government will pay us when it is convenient. The minister had done on-the-spot assessments, he knows the situation and what we expect is the rehabilitation of these dilapidated roads and Ekiti is ready to partner in this regard.”

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.naija.ng/amp/1095527-fashola-hails-fayose-ekiti-projects.html

Re: FASHOLA Hails Fayose Over Ekiti Projects by Lanretoye(m): 11:52pm On Jan 03, 2018
project koor thesis ni.

2 Likes

Re: FASHOLA Hails Fayose Over Ekiti Projects by ikaboy: 11:57pm On Jan 03, 2018
Same project since 1999

1 Like

Re: FASHOLA Hails Fayose Over Ekiti Projects by IamGoke(m): 12:01am On Jan 04, 2018
Project that takes him 4yrs to execute... is that one project
Re: FASHOLA Hails Fayose Over Ekiti Projects by okosodo: 12:30am On Jan 04, 2018
Somebody that this administration is paying is praising him, then some nonentities are talking nonsense
Re: FASHOLA Hails Fayose Over Ekiti Projects by teemanbastos(m): 12:48am On Jan 04, 2018
Rice sharing projects grin grin
Re: FASHOLA Hails Fayose Over Ekiti Projects by kings09(m): 1:53am On Jan 04, 2018
Fashola is now ipob - gavelslam, sarrki, liondeleo
Re: FASHOLA Hails Fayose Over Ekiti Projects by adeolakemi: 2:14am On Jan 04, 2018
naijapips04:
Babatunde Fashola who is the minister of power works and housing has applauded Governor Ayodele Fayose when the duo inspected some projects in Ekiti.

The Punch reports that the minister also berated the federal controller of works in Ekiti State, Hezekiah Kehinde, for siting the ongoing national housing project in a location far from the heart of Ado Ekiti.

Fashola said sitting the project in an insecure location was not right.

He however applauded Fayose for executing some projects along federal roads describing it as the kind of collaboration that should be emulated by other states with the federal government.

He particularly pointed out the expansion of the Ado-Akure highway at Ikere Ekiti as a great project.

He said: “We saw all the projects being executed by the state government; this is the kind of collaboration that the Federal Government welcomes. What is important is how much service we deliver to the people we are to serve. Of course, roads are shared among the tiers of government, but what is important is the service to the people.

“In the area of housing, the state ought to lead, but there is nothing wrong with the Federal Government coming in to support. It will create job opportunities for different categories of people and it will boost the local economy too.”

The minister said Kehinde should have given a professional advice to the state on the location of the housing project.

“We will have to discuss a possible relocation of this place when I get to Abuja. You said you were given this site, even if this is where the government had allocated for it, I expect you to give a professional advice that this place is not likely to be suitable.”

He controller however said he made attempt to reach the governor to no avail.

Fayose applauded the visit of the minister and noted that it was timely considering the projects ongoing along the Ado-Aramoko-Ita Ure and Ado-Ikere-Akure roads.

He faulted the claim by the controller that he tried to reach him.

Fayose said: “You said you came to my office and you didn’t see me, why couldn’t you make effort to send a message? I was not even aware that such a project was ongoing in that far area.”

“We have submitted our papers and I think the Federal Government will pay us when it is convenient. The minister had done on-the-spot assessments, he knows the situation and what we expect is the rehabilitation of these dilapidated roads and Ekiti is ready to partner in this regard.”

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.naija.ng/amp/1095527-fashola-hails-fayose-ekiti-projects.html
ngeneukwenu
Re: FASHOLA Hails Fayose Over Ekiti Projects by naijapips04: 7:27am On Jan 04, 2018
Lanretoye:
project koor thesis ni.

So your minister of works doesn't know what a project is ...lol.
Re: FASHOLA Hails Fayose Over Ekiti Projects by naijapips04: 7:29am On Jan 04, 2018
IamGoke:
Project that takes him 4yrs to execute... is that one project

Stop whining. Fayose is doing better than most of your APC governors
Re: FASHOLA Hails Fayose Over Ekiti Projects by naijapips04: 7:38am On Jan 04, 2018
ikaboy:
Same project since 1999

please show me just one picture of buhari commissioning a project since 3 since 1977.

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Sets To Establish Anti-corruption Agency (EECC) bill passes second Reading / Buhari Govt Paying Unemployed Graduates N30,000 – Adeosun Claims / Amnesty International Accuse Nigerian Military Of Killing 12 IPOB Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.