Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,331 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Gabriel Suswam Condemns Fulani Herdsmen Attacks, Calls For Deployment Of Troops - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gabriel Suswam Condemns Fulani Herdsmen Attacks, Calls For Deployment Of Troops (521 Views)

David Mark, Gabriel Suswam Hand Over PDP Party Structure To Gov. Ortom / Gabriel Suswam Set To Join APC / Gabriel Suswam Laughing As DSS Releases Him From Prison (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gabriel Suswam Condemns Fulani Herdsmen Attacks, Calls For Deployment Of Troops by LasgidiOnline(m): 6:13am On Jan 04, 2018
by Akpene Jacob

The immediate past Governor of Benue State, Gabriel Suswam has condemned the recent attacks in Guma and Logo LGAs of the state by suspected Fulani herdsmen calling on the Federal Government to deploy troops to the affected areas.

He also called on the state governor, Samuel Ortom to reach out to all segments of the citizenry of the state to build a coalition of internal resources to enhance the security of citizens.

The statement posted on his Facebook pages reads in full;

It is with much heaviness of heart that I extend these words of condolence to the government and people of Benue State over the recent killings of innocent people in Guma and Logo local government areas of the state by suspected Fulani herdsmen.

Words certainly are not sufficient as a medium to convey my grief over this latest round of bloodletting affecting innocent peasant farmers, many of whom were women, children and the elderly.

This is a most dastardly act, one which should be condemned in the strongest possible terms by the entire global ‘human’ community.

I call on the Federal Government under President Muhammadu Buhari to respond to this crime with dispatch by deploying troops to the affected areas to avert further attacks. Enough is enough!

Government should also ensure a comprehensive security cover over the rest of the state to safeguard against an occurrence of attacks in any other part.

May I state here clearly that this is a moment of tragedy in our dear beloved state, one which demands of all well intentioned citizens a closing of ranks.

I hereby call on Governor Samuel Ortom to reach out to all segments of the citizenry of the state to build a coalition of internal resources to enhance the security of citizens.

On my part, I will be available to participate in all efforts aimed at ensuring the safety of the people of Benue from any further attacks by the herdsmen.

It is my prayers and those of my family that God Almighty repose the souls of those killed in peaceful eternity, and also touch our hearts with solace over those losses.

Rt. Hon. Gabriel Torwua Suswam,
Governor, Benue State (2007-2015).

http://www.lasgidionline.com.ng/2018/01/ex-governor-gabriel-suswam-condemns.html

lalasticlala
Re: Gabriel Suswam Condemns Fulani Herdsmen Attacks, Calls For Deployment Of Troops by HungerBAD: 6:13am On Jan 04, 2018
Let me read
Re: Gabriel Suswam Condemns Fulani Herdsmen Attacks, Calls For Deployment Of Troops by 2cato: 6:15am On Jan 04, 2018
Mature response
Re: Gabriel Suswam Condemns Fulani Herdsmen Attacks, Calls For Deployment Of Troops by SalamRushdie: 6:21am On Jan 04, 2018
EFCC will re-invite Suswam before the week ends
Re: Gabriel Suswam Condemns Fulani Herdsmen Attacks, Calls For Deployment Of Troops by Nobody: 6:38am On Jan 04, 2018
SalamRushdie:
EFCC will re-invite Suswam before the week ends
I'm sure his file will be opened now
Re: Gabriel Suswam Condemns Fulani Herdsmen Attacks, Calls For Deployment Of Troops by bamoski(m): 6:56am On Jan 04, 2018
Shameless man. He had to wait till he was called out on facebook before he knew he was supposed to condemn those atrocities on his people.

This is thesame idiot that collected 2 billion from the herdsmen as governor to sell out his own people angry
Re: Gabriel Suswam Condemns Fulani Herdsmen Attacks, Calls For Deployment Of Troops by yk2018: 6:58am On Jan 04, 2018
Re: Gabriel Suswam Condemns Fulani Herdsmen Attacks, Calls For Deployment Of Troops by Nobody: 7:06am On Jan 04, 2018
Buhari is really dumb to wait this long to act.
Re: Gabriel Suswam Condemns Fulani Herdsmen Attacks, Calls For Deployment Of Troops by Crying4NIGERIA(m): 7:06am On Jan 04, 2018
No Time 4 Too Much Taik Let Stand And Fight This Jihadist Before Dey Finish Us.
Re: Gabriel Suswam Condemns Fulani Herdsmen Attacks, Calls For Deployment Of Troops by Teacher1776(m): 7:14am On Jan 04, 2018
From the presidency to the beggar on the street, Nigerians are only good in reacting after the damage has been done. Why can't the governor announce a ban on Fulani cattle rearers in the state?

(1) (Reply)

Jubilation As Rivers Most Wanted Cult Leader And Mass Murderer General Don Wann / Ibraheem El-zakzaky Not Dead But Seriously Ill - Femi Falana / Highlights Of The Amended Electoral Act

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.