Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,354 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Vacancy: Content Writers Needed - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Vacancy: Content Writers Needed (846 Views)

Urgent Vacancy - Content Writer / Job Vacancy: Content Writer Needed In A Real Estate Firm In Lekki / Vacancy | Content Writer And Creator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vacancy: Content Writers Needed by niyiguy(m): 9:00am On Jan 04, 2018
A startup company in Nigeria is in need of Writer for a Niche Blog.
We need three candidates for writing positions for a new blog. This position is for qualified applicants only.

REQUIREMENT

- To apply, you must hold a bachelors degree, doesn’t matter which discipline.
- Experience with Content Managment System (CMS) is an added advantage - Wordpress
- Your target audience are Americans, so you will have to write the American way: spellings, phrases, tone, you get it!
- Health and health related subjects will be your focus; this will cover various herbal remedies, plants, supplements, and the list goes on.
- You will be required to write between 1-3 articles daily.
- No plagiarizing, original content only.
- You will need to know how to research topics online; you will be referencing as needed.
- You will have autonomy on what to post on the website, but your posts must be related to the niche of the website -- health related. You will also be given assignments on what to write and/cover should the need arise.
- You’re going to be working from the comfort of your home/office, or wherever. No transportation, no office meetings, none of the corporate office stuff.

This position is long-term. If you’re looking for short-term, please look elsewhere.

Payment will be via bank transfer and it will be made at the end of every month.

BYOD: your device, your internet.

Graphics design skills is a definite plus.

When applying, be sure to include a 500-word write-up on why you’re the best candidate for this job.

Similar sites for what I am trying to achieve are: drdraxe.com, wellnessmama.com, mercola.com

If you know a right candidate for this job, please pass this information along.

Thank you!

HOW TO APPLY

Forward criteria to info@sharegist.com.
Email Subject: Niche Writer Application.
SALARY: ATTRACTIVE
Re: Vacancy: Content Writers Needed by Misslagbaja: 9:40am On Jan 04, 2018
niyiguy:
A startup company in Nigeria is in need of Writer for a Niche Blog.
We need three candidates for writing positions for a new blog. This position is for qualified applicants only.

REQUIREMENT

- To apply, you must hold a bachelors degree, doesn’t matter which discipline.
- Experience with Content Managment System (CMS) is an added advantage - Wordpress
- Your target audience are Americans, so you will have to write the American way: spellings, phrases, tone, you get it!
- Health and health related subjects will be your focus; this will cover various herbal remedies, plants, supplements, and the list goes on.
- You will be required to write between 1-3 articles daily.
- No plagiarizing, original content only.
- You will need to know how to research topics online; you will be referencing as needed.
- You will have autonomy on what to post on the website, but your posts must be related to the niche of the website -- health related. You will also be given assignments on what to write and/cover should the need arise.
- You’re going to be working from the comfort of your home/office, or wherever. No transportation, no office meetings, none of the corporate office stuff.

This position is long-term. If you’re looking for short-term, please look elsewhere.

Payment will be via bank transfer and it will be made at the end of every month.

BYOD: your device, your internet.

Graphics design skills is a definite plus.

When applying, be sure to include a 500-word write-up on why you’re the best candidate for this job.

Similar sites for what I am trying to achieve are: drdraxe.com, wellnessmama.com, mercola.com

If you know a right candidate for this job, please pass this information along.

Thank you!

HOW TO APPLY

Forward criteria to info@sharegist.com.
Email Subject: Niche Writer Application.
SALARY: ATTRACTIVE

You called me and said you would get back to me. You never did. I'm very qualified for your job.
Re: Vacancy: Content Writers Needed by niyiguy(m): 9:54am On Jan 04, 2018
Misslagbaja, Yes I called, we need more content writers, as soon as we get more applications,after selection, then you will hear from us again.

Thanks for keeping track.

Regards

Misslagbaja:

You called me and said you would get back to me. You never did. I'm very qualified for your job.
Re: Vacancy: Content Writers Needed by Generica(m): 3:29pm On Jan 06, 2018
I can write, but I don't have graphic skills.
Re: Vacancy: Content Writers Needed by lacasera14(m): 9:09pm On Jan 06, 2018
500 word write up to convince you I'm fit for the Job? really? when one or two articles can give you all the proof you need. All these sites and their hiring criteria sef.
Re: Vacancy: Content Writers Needed by niyiguy(m): 9:31pm On Jan 06, 2018
Apply please

Generica:
I can write, but I don't have graphic skills.
Re: Vacancy: Content Writers Needed by niyiguy(m): 9:53pm On Jan 06, 2018
No one has put a gun to your head to write.

If you want to pour your anger, pour it at your government.

lacasera14:
500 word write up to convince you I'm fit for the Job? really? when one or two articles can give you all the proof you need. All these sites and their hiring criteria sef.

1 Like

Re: Vacancy: Content Writers Needed by pweetiedee(m): 2:57pm On Jan 07, 2018
niyiguy:

Don't bring the government into this.

500 words is too much. Why not just ask for a cover letter, resume and sample of written articles?

2 Likes

Re: Vacancy: Content Writers Needed by Generica(m): 3:40pm On Jan 07, 2018
niyiguy:
Apply please

Okay. I hope the pay is enough to service the brain and it's affiliates, and to have a comfortable time.
Re: Vacancy: Content Writers Needed by lacasera14(m): 6:05pm On Jan 07, 2018
niyiguy:

why will I be angry? I'm just marvelled at the level of 19th century recruitment criteria still pervasive in contemporary times. As for the government, I'll never vent my ire on them, I don't run their system.
Re: Vacancy: Content Writers Needed by lacasera14(m): 6:10pm On Jan 07, 2018
pweetiedee:

Don't bring the government into this.

500 words is too much. Why not just ask for a cover letter, resume and sample of written articles?
perhaps he wants us to write and publish a book titled "I can write". Beats me, in a time when your works speaks volume of your skills people still want you to write a project about yourself.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Job Invite / Ro-marong Nigeria Limited Recruitment (3 Positions) / Recent Job Vacancies At The Nigeria French Language Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.