Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Constructs Hydro-Electric Power Plant (Photos) - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Constructs Hydro-Electric Power Plant (Photos) (27958 Views)

Nigerian Man Constructs A Transformer In Aba, Abia State (Photos, Video) / Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Invents Hydroelectric Power Plant / Innovative!!! University Graduate Construct Hydro – Electric Power Plant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Constructs Hydro-Electric Power Plant (Photos) by cstr1001: 2:12pm On Jan 04, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
Looks like some high school kid science project.

Nigeria is doomed if this is what university graduate can dish out in the 21st century when the world is already moving towards AI.
It looks very high-schoolish.

An Electric engineer should be able to produce something presentable and thorough that just requires scale up from investors.

That thing in his hand looks like Rudimentary physics.
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Constructs Hydro-Electric Power Plant (Photos) by chiteny(m): 2:14pm On Jan 04, 2018
obailala:
Good work! This is something I'd definitely do if I live near a fast flowing stream.

200mw though! The author of that piece obviously has no idea what 200mw is.

I rushed to see the picture of the "200MW" hydro-Electric Power Plant, but was disapointed. However i must say kudos to the man using his brain to solve the problem of power in his immediate environment.
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Constructs Hydro-Electric Power Plant (Photos) by Tecno66: 2:28pm On Jan 04, 2018
ExAngel007:
200MW? Or you mean 200watt or even 20watt?
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Constructs Hydro-Electric Power Plant (Photos) by lonelygem(m): 2:36pm On Jan 04, 2018
Yemmyteespeed007:
thats good.

but how would that small setup could have generateed 200 million watts. 200Mwatts
nawa oh.

I tell you.. that is the dichotomy in solar energy/battery inverter which alot of us without knowledge of power generating systems may not appreciate..
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Constructs Hydro-Electric Power Plant (Photos) by valentineuwakwe(m): 2:38pm On Jan 04, 2018
will this young man be encouraged and supported financially....time will tell....it's over to npower, see the right person to empower here o....ok Minster of power, a Mr. fashola see 200 mega watt...free for you to add to the national grid....God bless your talent my brother...

1 Like

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Constructs Hydro-Electric Power Plant (Photos) by valentineuwakwe(m): 2:41pm On Jan 04, 2018
elvisscientist:
how i made millions with a machine that pounds fufu

To make wealth, it all starts from your mind,followed by your action!!
I got a cassava pounding machine that pounds fufu and yam ,and this has increased my sales and yield money which has made me know what it takes to be rich and happy

I graduated from federal university of owerri,and after school the first year Of my life was hell. I had no money to pay my bills and life was just rough. ..so I went into construction and was taught how to produce and repair heavy machines used for pounding fufu,Yam,etc WHICH makes life easy and saves time and energy instead of pounding manually.

It was a mind blowing experience as I found the secret of making such machines.
The first week after construction ,I bought already processed cassava,cooked them and pounded it with my machine, I wrapped it with the help of my mother and we distributed it to d market,restaurant,hotels,weeding events etc..it sold fast and the next week I pounded 3bags in just an hour.I have made lot of money, and as I speak I have ten people working and distributing my fufu products for me..people come to my house to order for it and that stopped all the frustated struggle towards becoming rich

I have machines for sale as I speak, I will also train you on how to produce and distribute your product to any area you desire to sell it..I will also teach you how and where to get already processed cassavas.this machine pounds fufu (cassava) as quick as anything and its far more better than the manual way(mortar pounding)

most nairalanders are now using this machine to make money for themselves as have taught them how to increase wealth without stressing much.

I am creating a platform to make fufu pounding with this machine a high business in Nigeria,where youths can be self employed with no stress..all you need is get the machine and I will show you the next step to make more cash

Intrested people should call and WhatsApp me 08103107555

Email..elvisfrosh@gmail.com

facebook..elvis scientist

if interested call or add me on WhatsApp 08103107555
email.elvisfrosh @gmail.com

show us the machine you claim to have constructed and not the fufu it self....

1 Like

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Constructs Hydro-Electric Power Plant (Photos) by Nuzo1(m): 2:43pm On Jan 04, 2018
Great job!

That being said, its not an extra ordinary feat to achieve for most science students. It's actually a simple process.
But I guess the discouragement comes from vandalism, lack of funding for research and development and the unprogressive laws guiding the generation and transmission of electricity in Nigeria.

Due to the bad topography of most East Asian and South East Asian countries like Japan, south Korea and now Philippines, small scale hydroelectric plants are built by villagers which serve their various communities without interruption from the government.

3 Likes

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Constructs Hydro-Electric Power Plant (Photos) by fratermathy(m): 2:48pm On Jan 04, 2018
lionjungle3000:
Look well well...HE IS A BIAFRAAN.

By force Biafran eh?

This is 2018. Better stop this sh*t now.
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Constructs Hydro-Electric Power Plant (Photos) by sinkhole: 2:51pm On Jan 04, 2018
Well this our Nigerian man tried sha but if you check out what this Tanzanian man (http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-africa-42419283/tanzanian-innovator-builds-hydropower-plant-for-village?SThisFB) did you will realize that our Nigerian guy is just a learner!

His name is John. He is a school drop-out!
In the video, he was only speaking in the local Swahili dialect (I think he couldn't speak English).
The local people in his village call him "Pwagu" meaning "a day dreamer!)
The daydreamer has built them a 28KWatt Hydro-power station supplying over 250 households!

1 Like

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Constructs Hydro-Electric Power Plant (Photos) by fratermathy(m): 2:54pm On Jan 04, 2018
sophoccles:
The usual Biafra scam, I see. How can this scrawny turbine generate 200MW?

The guy is not a "Biafran". He's a Niger Deltan and he never said the stuff can produce 200MW, it is the bloggers that did so.

1 Like

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Constructs Hydro-Electric Power Plant (Photos) by Ahmed3rdjuly: 3:08pm On Jan 04, 2018
200 MW of electricity is called mini?
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Constructs Hydro-Electric Power Plant (Photos) by PotatoSalad(m): 3:27pm On Jan 04, 2018
Reminds me of the film Z for Zachariah
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Constructs Hydro-Electric Power Plant (Photos) by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jan 04, 2018
Hmm. Nigerians have millions of potentials that are begging for a chance and oportunity but unfortunately enabling enviroment is not there. Our leaders who should've play a cruicial role are either blind or myopic in sight and reasoning. Promising, educated and talented youths are out there jobless while Nigeria government is busy appointing dead people. May God help us and punish those that are appointing ghost workers. Amin.
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Constructs Hydro-Electric Power Plant (Photos) by yhemster(m): 4:09pm On Jan 04, 2018
Nothing innovative here, this a century old technology. So what's the hype abt?
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Constructs Hydro-Electric Power Plant (Photos) by Smartademu(m): 4:18pm On Jan 04, 2018
Do u no what a megawatt is, or u meant 200 watts?

1 Like

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Constructs Hydro-Electric Power Plant (Photos) by jamjo: 4:24pm On Jan 04, 2018
ExAngel007:
[sup][/sup]UNIVERSITY GRADUATE CONSTRUCT HYDRO-ELECTRIC POWER PLANT, GENERATE ELECTRICITY

32 years old Augustine Otuokwa Ogar, a graduate ofElectronic and Computer Technology, has constructed a200 Mega Watts mini Hydroelectric power plant thatgenerate electricity for the plant site and itssurrounding Mgbaeshuo village of Wula Community,Eastern Boki, Boki LGA, Cross River State.

Remarkable and exceptional Augustine Otuokwa Ogar,
constructed this Hydroelectric Plant with locally selected handpicked materials and equipments and intelligently put them together.

He converts the kinetic energy of a flowing stream water into electric energy that is now used in homes and business areas of this village.

Generated on a small scale with 'run-off' installation of a naturally flowing stream water to turn and revolve its turbine.

The Water rushes past the turbine, hitting its blades and causing it to spin and rotate, converting the water's kinetic energy into mechanical energy, the water then finally flows out of the stream and continues its journey down stream.

"When the turbine spins so does the electromagnetic field convert this mechanical energy into electric energy" he said and continue, "the flow rate of the stream water is low, because its not a dam or water fall, this is a small stream with low flowing water, Yet I was able to convert it to bring Pressure and fall like a
Dam."

Augustine Otuokwa Ogar, needs encouragement, support, total empowerment from Government and spirited Nigerians.

If he can generate power from his locally constructed Hydroelectric power plant then, with Empowerment, he can construct a more Ingenious energy generating plant that can serve the entire Local Government and Senatorial Zone.

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1529594697087828&id=100001119368477&refid=7&ref=opera_speed_dial_freefb&_ft_=qid.6507098303743677637%3Amf_story_key.4228059754026646419%3Atop_level_post_id.186713355404633&__tn__=C-R

200MW ARE YOU SURE OR IS IT 200W
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Constructs Hydro-Electric Power Plant (Photos) by Kbanka: 4:41pm On Jan 04, 2018
Idea- �

Execution- 30%

I don't think OP knws what 200MW means.

Mr Ogar failed from the moment he chose to use wood for this equipment.
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Constructs Hydro-Electric Power Plant (Photos) by rowbee(m): 5:14pm On Jan 04, 2018
Nothing special in this. Not hating tho
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Constructs Hydro-Electric Power Plant (Photos) by wtfcoded: 5:33pm On Jan 04, 2018
A nwafo. A true Biafran.
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Constructs Hydro-Electric Power Plant (Photos) by mechanics(m): 5:37pm On Jan 04, 2018
wow, this man his an asset o, we didn't even hear of the other guys that constructed an electric generator some time ago.
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Constructs Hydro-Electric Power Plant (Photos) by vicfy(m): 5:46pm On Jan 04, 2018
9c 1 bro...dts wat we need in dis seriously messed up country ryt nw
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Constructs Hydro-Electric Power Plant (Photos) by jara: 6:29pm On Jan 04, 2018
This guy deserves praise alright but those with high school physics may not be so impressed. One can also use a blowing fan in the desert high enough to catch enough air.

My only problem is everyone with little projects asking government for money. Even if we do not have looters, there is not enough money for every little project. My humble advice is to start with villagers that can benefit from these projects. If it actually works, your neighbors would contribute money to get a piece of the action. From there, you can improve and if you do not have what it takes, once you start making money from neighbors, small tiny investor would join. This is how little projects turn big.

Those doubting the project are not mischievous, they just have better knowledge of physics.

1 Like

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Constructs Hydro-Electric Power Plant (Photos) by jomarick(m): 6:46pm On Jan 04, 2018
200MW about 200,000W it's not possible with the kind of armature he used. The whole of Nigeria how many MW of electricity do we produce? He's good and has a point though.

1 Like

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Constructs Hydro-Electric Power Plant (Photos) by musicwriter(m): 6:55pm On Jan 04, 2018
ExAngel007:
[sup][/sup]UNIVERSITY GRADUATE CONSTRUCT HYDRO-ELECTRIC POWER PLANT, GENERATE ELECTRICITY

32 years old Augustine Otuokwa Ogar, a graduate ofElectronic and Computer Technology, has constructed a200 Mega Watts mini Hydroelectric power plant thatgenerate electricity for the plant site and itssurrounding Mgbaeshuo village of Wula Community,Eastern Boki, Boki LGA, Cross River State.

Remarkable and exceptional Augustine Otuokwa Ogar,
constructed this Hydroelectric Plant with locally selected handpicked materials and equipments and intelligently put them together.

He converts the kinetic energy of a flowing stream water into electric energy that is now used in homes and business areas of this village.

Generated on a small scale with 'run-off' installation of a naturally flowing stream water to turn and revolve its turbine.

The Water rushes past the turbine, hitting its blades and causing it to spin and rotate, converting the water's kinetic energy into mechanical energy, the water then finally flows out of the stream and continues its journey down stream.

"When the turbine spins so does the electromagnetic field convert this mechanical energy into electric energy" he said and continue, "the flow rate of the stream water is low, because its not a dam or water fall, this is a small stream with low flowing water, Yet I was able to convert it to bring Pressure and fall like a
Dam."

Augustine Otuokwa Ogar, needs encouragement, support, total empowerment from Government and spirited Nigerians.

If he can generate power from his locally constructed Hydroelectric power plant then, with Empowerment, he can construct a more Ingenious energy generating plant that can serve the entire Local Government and Senatorial Zone.

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1529594697087828&id=100001119368477&refid=7&ref=opera_speed_dial_freefb&_ft_=qid.6507098303743677637%3Amf_story_key.4228059754026646419%3Atop_level_post_id.186713355404633&__tn__=C-R

When African governments stop fooling themselves about phantom development and they want real development, that's how it looks like. Development means we're able to conceive solution to all our problem by ourselves. Development will occur when this type of scientific knowledge is open source knowledge that any African child would be privy to, and not only those who could speak English. Only science can solve the poverty problem of a nation.
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Constructs Hydro-Electric Power Plant (Photos) by Ate247(m): 7:25pm On Jan 04, 2018
MZEE01:
I admire his intellect. But I doubt the technical power of that machinery to generate a 200 Mega Watts as claimed here.
u don't need to doubt. It's not possible from that size if motor and pressure of water.
Atmost 2000watt.
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Constructs Hydro-Electric Power Plant (Photos) by Ralphdan(m): 7:37pm On Jan 04, 2018
cinoedhunter:
Bloggers sef!!!! Do u know what 200Mw means? Na power station.... that 200w construction

That's true but if it generated power @all I don't give a 4uck let the guy be empowered
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Constructs Hydro-Electric Power Plant (Photos) by EternalTruths: 8:01pm On Jan 04, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
Looks like some high school kid science project.

Nigeria is doomed if this is what university graduate can dish out in the 21st century when the world is already moving towards AI.

A journey of a thousand mile, starts with a step.

With this, he can reduce the dependence on the epileptic national grid.
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Constructs Hydro-Electric Power Plant (Photos) by EternalTruths: 8:05pm On Jan 04, 2018
cstr1001:

It looks very high-schoolish.

An Electric engineer should be able to produce something presentable and thorough that just requires scale up from investors.

That thing in his hand looks like Rudimentary physics.

As a fellow comrade in arms, I am disappointed in your comment.

A journey of a thousand mile, begins with a step.

If more of this is built across Cross River State streams & rivers, it will help local businesses that requires little power to grow.

Seriously I am not happy with this comment of yours.

Haba, Nnamdi Kanu Will be disappointed in you.
Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Constructs Hydro-Electric Power Plant (Photos) by EternalTruths: 8:10pm On Jan 04, 2018
elvisscientist:
how i made millions with a machine that pounds fufu

To make wealth, it all starts from your mind,followed by your action!!
I got a cassava pounding machine that pounds fufu and yam ,and this has increased my sales and yield money which has made me know what it takes to be rich and happy

I graduated from federal university of owerri,and after school the first year Of my life was hell. I had no money to pay my bills and life was just rough. ..so I went into construction and was taught how to produce and repair heavy machines used for pounding fufu,Yam,etc WHICH makes life easy and saves time and energy instead of pounding manually.

It was a mind blowing experience as I found the secret of making such machines.
The first week after construction ,I bought already processed cassava,cooked them and pounded it with my machine, I wrapped it with the help of my mother and we distributed it to d market,restaurant,hotels,weeding events etc..it sold fast and the next week I pounded 3bags in just an hour.I have made lot of money, and as I speak I have ten people working and distributing my fufu products for me..people come to my house to order for it and that stopped all the frustated struggle towards becoming rich

I have machines for sale as I speak, I will also train you on how to produce and distribute your product to any area you desire to sell it..I will also teach you how and where to get already processed cassavas.this machine pounds fufu (cassava) as quick as anything and its far more better than the manual way(mortar pounding)

most nairalanders are now using this machine to make money for themselves as have taught them how to increase wealth without stressing much.

I am creating a platform to make fufu pounding with this machine a high business in Nigeria,where youths can be self employed with no stress..all you need is get the machine and I will show you the next step to make more cash

Intrested people should call and WhatsApp me 08103107555

Email..elvisfrosh@gmail.com

facebook..elvis scientist

if interested call or add me on WhatsApp 08103107555
email.elvisfrosh @gmail.com

You are product of FUTO and truly you did not disappoint.

The worst mistake you can make is to stop developing new technologies.

Take this technology developed by this guy very seriously because free power can further increase your wealth.

Just look for a flowing water around you that you can dam and reduce the outlet point so that the water will flow out at a higher speed/pressure.

Keep it up but keep researching into new technologies.

2 Likes

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Constructs Hydro-Electric Power Plant (Photos) by EternalTruths: 8:12pm On Jan 04, 2018
jara:
This guy deserves praise alright but those with high school physics may not be so impressed. One can also use a blowing fan in the desert high enough to catch enough air.

My only problem is everyone with little projects asking government for money. Even if we do not have looters, there is not enough money for every little project. My humble advice is to start with villagers that can benefit from these projects. If it actually works, your neighbors would contribute money to get a piece of the action. From there, you can improve and if you do not have what it takes, once you start making money from neighbors, small tiny investor would join. This is how little projects turn big.

Those doubting the project are not mischievous, they just have better knowledge of physics.

In terms of financing his idea through selling to the villagers, you are right.

But other points raised are not necessary. Those stupid Nigerians who claim to know are the ones complaining of poor power supply to even charge their phones.

1 Like

Re: Augustine Otuokwa Ogar Constructs Hydro-Electric Power Plant (Photos) by EternalTruths: 8:16pm On Jan 04, 2018
fratermathy:

The guy is not a "Biafran". He's a Niger Deltan and he never said the stuff can produce 200MW, it is the bloggers that did so.

CrossRiver people have nothing to do with the Urhobos.

Pls face your Ijaw neighbors and keep dragging land with them.

Let us see how ND republic will stand after insulting & attacking the Ijaws.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Venus Jupiter Conjunction 2017: The Planets Will Rise As One On Monday / Inverters Made In Nigeria By University Of Nigeria--photos / Nigerian Man Finds An Owl In His Home (Pix, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.