Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

What Will You Do If Your Bank Mistakenly Transfer Money To You? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Will You Do If Your Bank Mistakenly Transfer Money To You? (600 Views)

I Mistakenly Transfer N10,000.00 To A Wrong Person I Don't Know. / Lady Returns The Extra N250k Access Bank Mistakenly Gave To Her / Bank Mistakenly Credited A Zimbabwean Student's Account With N19.4M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will You Do If Your Bank Mistakenly Transfer Money To You? by akeentech(m): 9:33am On Jan 04, 2018
This is not a cooked up story. On the 27th of Dec, last month I have 1,200 in my bank account and I wanted to recharge my line with #200 as the minimum balance of the said account is stationed @1000. I said let me check my balance to be sure, to my surprise I saw 37,200 I thought may be its a joke because I did not receive any credit alert prior to that time. To confirm if its real I immediately transferred 35,000 to my other account and it was successful, wow! My bank is giving Xmas bonanza I thought, I was very happy as at that time I don't have a dime with me, at least 35,000 will do me for this period. I was boasting my bank is the best bank in Nigeria that they know how to satisfy their customer. To cut the long story short, this morning around 8:am to be precise I was just waking up when my phone rang, who could that be? I saw a strange number (014548177) I picked it cut, some seconds later the number called again I thought may be one of these companies I picked:
Good morning this is so so so from ...bank, we mistakenly transferred 36,000 naira to ur account, kindly help return it. Shuuu me wey I don finished the money where will I see that amount in this new year?. I told her no to worry that I will send the money today as I hanged up.
I called my friend to boro me 35,000k that I'm gonna pay back by month ending. I will surely return the money but if you are the one what will you do? sorry for the long write up and grammatical blunders,

Modified:

I'm expecting my friend to send the morning since morning but he hasn't respond and the lady just called now that shes coming to my house with mopol, see me see wahala o

cc mynd44
Re: What Will You Do If Your Bank Mistakenly Transfer Money To You? by taylor88(m): 9:34am On Jan 04, 2018
Hmk
Re: What Will You Do If Your Bank Mistakenly Transfer Money To You? by 4kings: 9:42am On Jan 04, 2018
Well that's good of you.

I'm not really sure what i'll do to be honest i might just wait for a while to recieve any call before spending it or miraculously go to the bank for confirmation *depending on the amount*.
Re: What Will You Do If Your Bank Mistakenly Transfer Money To You? by akeentech(m): 9:48am On Jan 04, 2018
4kings:
Well that's good of you.

I'm not really sure what i'll do to be honest i might just wait for a while to recieve any call before spending it or miraculously go to the bank for confirmation *depending on the amount*.
I did not even receive the alert to know the depositor's name reason why I thought its a gift
Re: What Will You Do If Your Bank Mistakenly Transfer Money To You? by akeentech(m): 6:02pm On Jan 04, 2018
taylor88:
Hmk
I'm expecting my friend to send the morning since morning but he hasn't respond and the lady just called now that shes coming to my house with mopol, see me see wahala o
Re: What Will You Do If Your Bank Mistakenly Transfer Money To You? by akeentech(m): 6:03pm On Jan 04, 2018
Lasticlala seun pls front page to hear people's opinions
Re: What Will You Do If Your Bank Mistakenly Transfer Money To You? by Adheemoh(f): 4:58pm On Jan 12, 2018
Good of you
Re: What Will You Do If Your Bank Mistakenly Transfer Money To You? by akeentech(m): 12:18pm On Jan 29, 2018
Thanks
Re: What Will You Do If Your Bank Mistakenly Transfer Money To You? by wishtolearn: 12:44pm On Jan 29, 2018
OPP JUST TELL THEM THAT YOU HAVE USED THE MONEY AND THEY SHOULD GIVE YOU TIME TO HUSTLE AND PAY BACK PERIOD.
EVEN IF THEY CHARGE YOU TO COURT YOU WILL STILL SAY THE SAME AFTER ALL IS NOT YOUR FAULT NOW.
Re: What Will You Do If Your Bank Mistakenly Transfer Money To You? by harlee(m): 1:24pm On Jan 29, 2018
Stupid people,i remember a similar situation that happened to me,mine was 200k,mistakenly wired to my account I redrew the cash and after one week they came to my house with one [b][/b]mopol,i paid the money back sha,my advice is for you to go to the bank else those Mopol that sits around the bank will come pick you up

(1) (Reply)

Businesses For Sale In Nigeria / Where To Buy Popcorn Machine / How To Advertise Your Business To The Right People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.