Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,490 members, 7,850,711 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:47 AM

‘i Killed My Mum Because Of Neglect’ - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ‘i Killed My Mum Because Of Neglect’ (824 Views)

My Husband Killed My Child, But Police Want To Cover It Up: Wife (pic) / I Killed My Friend, Buried Him In Shallow Grave –suspect (pictured) / I Killed My Fiancé Over Sex, Says Suspect (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘i Killed My Mum Because Of Neglect’ by Teeco(m): 9:00am On Apr 08, 2010
A 28-year-old photographer allegedly killed his mother by pouring acid on her on Tuesday, ostensibly because she abandoned him after taking a new husband.

Sunday James of Ikot Usekong in Eket Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State also accused the mother of bewitching him and causing him misfortunes, according to witnesses.

“I have been suffering as a photographer with my bicycle since I left secondary school but instead of my mother, a teacher who knows the value of education to send me to school, she abandoned me and faced her new husband,” Sunday said, according to a News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) report. “She was the one working against my progress, she was a witch and that was why I killed her.”

Sunday later died in police custody, though the police have not given an account of what led to his death. But NAN quoted an unnamed witness saying Sunday attempted to commit suicide after attacking his mother.

Sunday’s mother Mrs. Iko James was, until her death, the Deputy Headmistress of Government Primary School, Idung Offiong in Eket and a mother of five.

Trouble started with an argument between Sunday and his mother on Tuesday morning during which he poured acid on her and forced her to drink some of the substance, a witness said.

When neighbours heard her cry, they forced the door open and rushed her to the hospital but she died before medical help came her way. He attempted to set himself ablaze but was saved by sympathisers, who handed him over to the police.

On interrogation, Sunday, an itinerant photographer, accused the mother of refusing to send him to school.

Five cutlasses, electric cables and a gallon of acid were recovered from his room.

Police sources in Eket confirmed the incident and arrest of the suspect who later died in their custody.

In another incident, a woman in her late 20’s Hassana Philip of Marama village in Hawul Local Government Area of Borno State was charged to court over slaughtering her two children, one of them an infant, and attempting to commit suicide by stabbing herself with the same knife.

The two kids, one-and-a-half-year-old Joseph and Hussaina, 6, were killed on July 20 last year, court documents at the Borno State High Court 11 have shown.

In her second appearance for hearing yesterday, the woman who was charged with murder and suicide attempt punishable under sections 221 and 231 of the penal code was not represented by a counsel and as a result, one Barrister Nkham Adamu, in court for a different case, volunteered to hold brief for her.

Adamu in his submission urged the court to order for the accused to be checked at the Federal Neuro-Psychiatric Hospital in Maiduguri, arguing that a normal human being cannot slaughter their own kids.

The request was granted by Justice Alkali Gana Wakili, who ordered that Hassana Philip be admitted and examined at the hospital to determine her mental state. The case was adjourned till June 30.

http://www.naijaheros.com/index.php?topic=38.0
Re: ‘i Killed My Mum Because Of Neglect’ by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 08, 2010
stupid boy.what kind of help does he want as a 28year old,fully grown man lipsrsealed
Re: ‘i Killed My Mum Because Of Neglect’ by sizzlers(m): 9:57am On Apr 08, 2010
bad news
Re: ‘i Killed My Mum Because Of Neglect’ by oge4real(f): 6:02pm On Apr 08, 2010
Poverty!

(1) (Reply)

Randy Alfa Defiles 14 Years Old, Says I'm Nurturing Her For Marriage / Unilorin Dropout Stabs Father To Death. / I Am Alive, Says Shekau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.