Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit (4768 Views)

Photo Of Goodluck Jonathan On A Refuse Dump! / Goodluck Jonathan On A Shopping Spree Abroad...photo / Jonathan Visits Late Yar’Adua’s Family & Emir Of Katsina During Rally (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by Nobody: 9:04am On Apr 08, 2010
The four Christian clerics who visited ailing President Umaru Yar’Adua last Monday at the Presidential Villa, were at the Villa again on Tuesday - this time for a meeting with the Acting President, Goodluck Jonathan.

The church leaders were the national chairman of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), John Onaiyekan; President of Living Faith International, David Oyedepo; the former chaplain in Aso Villa, Yesufu Obaje, and the Founder of Throne Room Trust Ministry, Emmanuel Kure.

They were sighted coming out of the acting president’s office, accompanied by the executive secretary of the Nigerian Christian Pilgrims Commission (NCPC), John Kenedy Okpara.

On coming out of Jonathan’s office, the four briefly discussed at the corridor of the Presidential Villa before driving away. They did not speak to journalists on their mission to the State House.

It was, however, learnt that their visit is not unconnected to their recent visit to Mr. Yar’Adua on the other side of the villa, during which they had said they went to pray for a quick recovery for him.

Closed door discussion

Even though they did not give details of the health condition of the president for fear of misrepresentation, they had confirmed that Mr. Yar’Adua is sick. Their spokesperson, Mr. Kure, told the BBC that he was not sure if Mr. Yar’Adua spoke during the visit. He was quoted as saying that he heard a ‘grunt’ when the time came for the president to say ‘amen’ to their prayer.

Wednesday’s discussion with the acting president was equally done behind closed doors. The visit of the Christian clergy followed an earlier one by some Muslim clerics who had, last Thursday, also gone to see and pray for President Yar’Adua at the Presidential Villa.

Source: 234Next

Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by Nobody: 9:06am On Apr 08, 2010
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by Nobody: 9:16am On Apr 08, 2010
The Clerics are now the Acting President's Special Assistants on media, LWKMD
What a Country.
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by okeymadu(m): 9:18am On Apr 08, 2010
OK  Guys the chickens have finally diffused the tension, at least they must have briefed our Acing President and told him the truth and ALL the truth.

I believe that if they see something and keep quiet they must have sinned and we all know that these guys dont need lies again at least at their "spiritual level".

I want to believe that the acting president know the state of health of the president now.
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by Nobody: 9:25am On Apr 08, 2010
Why should it be that the Acting President got to know about Yaddy's state through some Clerics when both of them (Yaddy and Goodluck) are in Aso Rock,
Goodluck has not been allowed to see Yaddy,
, this is simply ridiculous.
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by talkmarkay(m): 9:47am On Apr 08, 2010
I think we need to drop the issue of region leaders visiting Yar'dua or Goodluck.

How did we known that Acting President hasn't seen The President?
He might decide to be silent on it like wise the religion leaders, after-all they all stay in Aso Rock.

Let keep watching them and wait for the outcome of their game.
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by meexteriox(m): 10:03am On Apr 08, 2010
Naija and unending political issues.
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 08, 2010
I think we need to drop the issue of region leaders visiting Yar'dua or Goodluck.

How did we known that Acting President hasn't seen The President?
He might decide to be silent on it like wise the religion leaders, after-all they all stay in Aso Rock.

Let keep watching them and wait for the outcome of their game.

The truth is that the Ag. Pres. has not set eyes on Yaddy boy since his purported sneaking into the country. He does not know if Yaradua is alive or even dead.
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by ud4u: 12:33pm On Apr 08, 2010
Drama continues, now with clerics involved. Fingers still crossed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!just watching lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by Kobojunkie: 12:37pm On Apr 08, 2010
[size=14pt]Why? undecided[/size]
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by asas(f): 1:15pm On Apr 08, 2010
to God be the glory watch out for part 2
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by MsTom(f): 1:18pm On Apr 08, 2010
idnobleg:

I thought Oyedepo said his visit to Y'adua was private, why meeting with Goodluck on the matter, where is your INTEGRITY ?

Integrity? I do not think that word exist in Nigeria's dictionary

asas:

It is taking too long. I cant wait any longer. wink
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by Ben13: 1:50pm On Apr 08, 2010
~NOLLYWOOD BLUCKBUSTER~
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by otukpo(f): 2:15pm On Apr 08, 2010
Honestly, something is definitely wrong in so many places.

And the media is not helping matters. They are just carrying different informations evrywhere, mis-informing people.

Do we believe that Jo has not seen YD?
I don't know what to believe again.
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by evil666(m): 2:20pm On Apr 08, 2010
Even though they did not give details of the health condition of the president for fear of misrepresentation, they had confirmed that Mr. Yar’Adua is sick.

Source: 234Next
[quote][/quote]

Dont we know he is sick before?
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by Kobojunkie: 2:22pm On Apr 08, 2010
otukpo:

Honestly, something is definitely wrong in so many places.

And the media is not helping matters. They are just carrying different informations evrywhere, mis-informing people.

Do we believe that Jo has not seen YD?
I don't know what to believe again.

I have the same question . . . It makes sense that the reason for the Dora memo, her re-assigment and that of other "mediocre" ministers, and refusal to invoke section 144 is possibly that he knows more than he is letting on.
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by alldone(m): 2:46pm On Apr 08, 2010
well it is ok to brief the Ag.president and not Nigeria common that is not good enough
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by rickie4us(m): 2:56pm On Apr 08, 2010
I will be surprised if this drama will end.
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by yemmii(m): 3:02pm On Apr 08, 2010
cry should i say that our christian leader knows what do but they will not do it because they don't want , because of their position in the country.
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 08, 2010
asas:

LMAO

This is maaaad funny!

Damn!
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by Bigtee(m): 3:15pm On Apr 08, 2010
Picturtes say a thousand words init. Then the picture of the 4 christain leaders, tell me our dear presido is ,
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by shilling(f): 3:42pm On Apr 08, 2010
asas:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by pkoncept(m): 3:45pm On Apr 08, 2010
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit
« #1 on: Today at 09:06:45 AM »

I thought Oyedepo said his visit to Y'adua was private, why meeting with Goodluck on the matter, where is your INTEGRITY ?

The way you post I wonder. Don't malign the people. of what benefit is the state of yar adua's health to you. The greatest problem of most people is that we major in minor things of life. We need to focus on our issues. Yar adua is not our problem but poverty. look at parents using six year olds to push drugs and pregnant women swallowing drugs.

Jonathan has started in the right direction. He needs our continued support. Lets continue to offer him the goodwill. He looks like somebody that will deliver.
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by eros(m): 4:03pm On Apr 08, 2010
Someday, this drama shall come to pass.
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by Fhemmmy: 4:06pm On Apr 08, 2010
So where is the Minister of Information to come and talk to us about this.
Jonathan has been briefed and now, let the citizen that are paying their salary be made aware of what is happening
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by legba1(m): 4:10pm On Apr 08, 2010
Friends i dont know wat yar'adua's state of health is and i dont want to know but one thing is sure .for JOE to have sacked and installed his cabinet,he must have it on good intelligence that that sickler can not return to the office.
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by Fhemmmy: 4:13pm On Apr 08, 2010
legba1:

Friends i dont know wat yar'adua's state of health is and i dont want to know but one thing is sure .for JOE to have sacked and installed his cabinet,he must have it on good intelligence that that sickler can not return to the office.

Lol . . .but apart from Anaconda that was let go, what else has changed from the Yaradua Administration and that of Jonathan, he sacked them and brought them all back . . . so what is new.
Well now he himself is the Minister for power, and hope he will deliver.
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by Nobody: 4:53pm On Apr 08, 2010
@pKoncept

The way you post I wonder

You better listen to Femi Kuti's Wonder Wonder soundtrack.

, don't wonder 2 much in order not to turn to a Wonderer, LOL.
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by Nobody: 6:14pm On Apr 08, 2010
matured minds know dat certain utterances can cause chaos and tension in a system.d best they can do is relate with d decision makers and let them decide what to make of it.remember dat certain things are better left unsaid in d public.
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by Fhemmmy: 6:15pm On Apr 08, 2010
^^ Ummm
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by segunjowo(m): 6:17pm On Apr 08, 2010
Na wa oh! You will see that everywhere will be silent on Yaradua now that new cabinet has been successfully constituted.
Re: Christian Leaders Brief Jonathan On Yar’adua Visit by Fhemmmy: 7:56pm On Apr 08, 2010
segunjowo:

Na wa oh! You will see that everywhere will be silent on Yaradua now that new cabinet has been successfully constituted.

What is different with the new cabinet . . . . . Yaradua dogs

(1) (2) (Reply)

Question On 'We The SS Want Resource Control' / Leader Of Ambazonnia Abducted By Gunmen In Abuja / Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.