Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,103 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

why you should not invest in Ogun yet - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / why you should not invest in Ogun yet (1537 Views)

No Movement For Lagos Workers Living In Ogun — Dapo Abiodun / 2 People Emerge Guber Candidate Of PDP In Ogun State / Aisha Buhari Tours Petrolex Mega Oil City, In Ogun (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

why you should not invest in Ogun yet by bloodmoneyspita: 3:18pm On Jan 04, 2018
in recent times we've heard stories of how Ogun state is the New Lagos State, and why companies are moving into Ogun state instead of Lagos State.

This has made my brothers begin to start investing and moving towards Ogun state, I want them to thread with caution because this dream they hold about Ogun might not come to pass.

1. The baales and Omoniles are selling lands to us like no tomorrow, but there's a catch. We can't get certificate of occupancy from the state government Why? if something happens like war or a new Government policy and the government notices there's development and decide to extend or expand the Land you will not get compensated, so the fact is, it's either the baales gives us land very cheap or we don't buy at all, we should hang like the northerners who only go to beg and never buy land from the west to recide.

2. the news is fake.
The news that Ogun is the next Lagos State is half true, this news is supposed to bring in more investment, it's not that it's the next Lagos already, it is done to change your attitude and make you believe that ogun is the next investment hub. there is no truth about this.

conclusion.
Look at the way Nigeria has turned out to be, in the next ten years Nigeria might not be peaceful as you think.

All your investment will burn when any policy comes or A new governor that doesn't know the investment that you have in the state.
Do not invest in ogun with your eyes closed. do not buy land in Ogun without C-of-O do not start any business in Ogun, the next government policy will not favour you. A word is enough for the wise.

lastly we are not the only one migrating to ogun, the north is also migrating there, we should watch how the northerners assimilate and follow their style too because at the end the people of Ogun will not appreciate your efforts.

get your C-of-O.

2 Likes

Re: why you should not invest in Ogun yet by bloodmoneyspita: 3:22pm On Jan 04, 2018
I just hope their Gods will not accept other ethnic groups for skull mining.
Re: why you should not invest in Ogun yet by mrhowoto: 3:34pm On Jan 04, 2018
Front page
Re: why you should not invest in Ogun yet by bloodmoneyspita: 3:38pm On Jan 04, 2018
this should be in front page

1 Like

Re: why you should not invest in Ogun yet by bloodmoneyspita: 3:51pm On Jan 04, 2018
understood
Re: why you should not invest in Ogun yet by koladebrainiac(m): 4:05pm On Jan 04, 2018
lol who go put this rubbish on the front page.You don't have any fact to support your preconceived claims . guy go and sit down and stop yourself from this hate for Yoruba

18 Likes

Re: why you should not invest in Ogun yet by Ereolamide: 4:23pm On Jan 04, 2018
How many clothed insane do they have there in alayibo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: why you should not invest in Ogun yet by bloodmoneyspita: 4:48pm On Jan 04, 2018
koladebrainiac:
lol who go put this rubbish on the front page.You don't have any fact to support your preconceived claims . guy go and sit down and stop yourself from this hate for Yoruba

this is not about hate, the population of outsiders has increased and if you live in Ogun you'll know this but I am sceptical of their hospitality and believe that the worst is coming one day. that's why we need to follow the northern style of settling in Ogun state.

2 Likes

Re: why you should not invest in Ogun yet by bloodmoneyspita: 4:51pm On Jan 04, 2018
that's why I added just yet.
Re: why you should not invest in Ogun yet by EarthXmetahuman: 5:57pm On Jan 04, 2018
So many flat headed lunatic on nairaland these days.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: why you should not invest in Ogun yet by omololu2020(m): 6:27pm On Jan 04, 2018
This op no get sense,dangote has more investment in Ogun than yeebos.

Yeebos go back to the South East and leave the south west.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: why you should not invest in Ogun yet by mercyville: 6:38pm On Jan 04, 2018
bloodmoneyspita:
I just hope their Gods will not accept other ethnic groups for skull mining.

Your people brought skull mining to the SW that is why Igbos are called Pioneer Skull Miners.How was the SW when we practised regionalism and it was basically mostly filled with Yorubas.The development was unprecedented until your cousin,Ironsi started decree 42..unitary system of government..If the migrants go to their different bases,Yorubaland growth would still be exceptional like it was in the beginning. As things stand,Yoruba industries with the help of expatriates are what is pushing the growth of the SW.How many industries do the Igbos have in the SW?Igbos are basically traders taking advantage of the growth of the SW mostly brought about by the sweat of the Yorubas especially Chief Awolowo...the industrial estates,conducive business environment etc.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: why you should not invest in Ogun yet by bloodmoneyspita: 7:29pm On Jan 04, 2018
mercyville:

Your people brought skull mining to the SW that is why Igbos are called Pioneer Skull Miners.How was the SW when we practised regionalism and it was basically mostly filled with Yorubas.The development was unprecedented until your cousin,Ironsi started decree 42..unitary system of government..If the migrants go to their different bases,Yorubaland growth would still be exceptional like it was in the beginning. As things stand,Yoruba industries with the help of expatriates are what is pushing the growth of the SW.How many industries do the Igbos have in the SW?Igbos are basically traders taking advantage of the growth of the SW mostly brought about by the sweat of the Yorubas especially Chief Awolowo...the industrial estates,conducive business environment etc.

you should be ashamed to call Awolowo when all yorubas were supporting Akintola back in the day. in fact the yorubas are more aligned with the north just the way Akintola wanted it to be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: why you should not invest in Ogun yet by bloodmoneyspita: 7:30pm On Jan 04, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
So many flat headed lunatic on nairaland these days.

step aside when men are talking.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: why you should not invest in Ogun yet by totit: 8:14pm On Jan 04, 2018
Lool.
What's the OP, flatinonoz feeling Like? Lool cheesy we've hammered it into your yellow ears and shown you time and times, without number that SW don't need you..to develope.

Lool grin

10 Likes

Re: why you should not invest in Ogun yet by GoldNiagara(m): 8:27pm On Jan 04, 2018
So they should come and invest in Aba?
Re: why you should not invest in Ogun yet by bloodmoneyspita: 8:32pm On Jan 04, 2018
totit:
Lool.
What's the OP, flatinonoz feeling Like? Lool cheesy we've hammered it into your yellow ears and shown you time and times, without number that SW don't need you..to developed.

Lool grin
your baales chasing after us to sell fake lands for us with no C-of-O is what's bothering me right now.

2 Likes

Re: why you should not invest in Ogun yet by totit: 11:23pm On Jan 04, 2018
bloodmoneyspita:
your baales chasing after us to sell fake lands for us with no C-of-O is what's bothering me right now.

Lool
But dude, just like you claimed " OGUN isn't what Yorubas claim to be ' in that case you have no business there. Go back home. Period.

Chasing you? Lool quit deceiving yourself no one does that and no one will force you against your will. Simply go back home, alaigbo and develop it. Lool cheesy

5 Likes

Re: why you should not invest in Ogun yet by okway: 11:46pm On Jan 04, 2018
These Igbo people so much envy Yorubaland ehn

They’re getting desperate.

No man or Satan can stop Ogun state’s progress cheesy

It’s not fanyogo investors we want. We want authentic investors from the SW, North and SS.

Igbos only invest in drugs.

6 Likes

Re: why you should not invest in Ogun yet by Rmxr: 5:01am On Jan 05, 2018
Which mumu investments do ibos have in Ogun state. Barawos want to start claiming Ogun state too . Leeches grin grin cheesy

This is why I said Ogun state people need to start educating their people before these parasites start claiming to be responsible for the development of the state

9 Likes

Re: why you should not invest in Ogun yet by Oloripelebe: 6:41am On Jan 05, 2018
grin grin

Demented Flatinoo grin

5 Likes

Re: why you should not invest in Ogun yet by ManMountain(m): 6:46am On Jan 05, 2018
Rmxr:
Which mumu investments do ibos have in Ogun state. Barawos want to start claiming Ogun state too . Leeches grin grin cheesy

This is why I said Ogun state people need to start educating their people before these parasites start claiming to be responsible for the development of the state

They can't try 1/10th of the rubbish they get away with elsewhere in Ogun state.

6 Likes

Re: why you should not invest in Ogun yet by weownthewest: 6:57am On Jan 05, 2018
It's only a matter of time before we turn ogun state to lagos. We will claim ogun soon.
Re: why you should not invest in Ogun yet by Gazzy88(m): 7:10am On Jan 05, 2018
If you like ask all the igbos to leave Ogun, the state will still develop. We have a sensible governor who always think ahead of time. DAWN was founded to harness the proximity of Lagos in the SW for the overhaul development of the whole Yoruba land. We don't make mouth we do things. I'm sure any reasonable Igbo can never mind your childish warnings cos he know what he will loose out. This year stats will show you what Ogun has become in the last years. FDI just won't stop coming in here. If you doubt me,pls come to agbara,ota,sango,Iyana iyesi,mowe,sagamu interchange, Abeokuta, etc. The factories domiciled in agbara alone outnumbers all the factories in the SE. Don't argue,pls come and confirm for yourself. We are proudly Yoruba!

2 Likes

Re: why you should not invest in Ogun yet by bloodmoneyspita: 7:36am On Jan 06, 2018
ha
Re: why you should not invest in Ogun yet by Dreamkiller: 8:19am On Aug 17, 2018
truth or dare
Re: why you should not invest in Ogun yet by Lloydfather(m): 10:47am On Aug 17, 2018
bloodmoneyspita:
in recent times we've heard stories of how Ogun state is the New Lagos State, and why companies are moving into Ogun state instead of Lagos State.

This has made my brothers begin to start investing and moving towards Ogun state, I want them to thread with caution because this dream they hold about Ogun might not come to pass.

1. The baales and Omoniles are selling lands to us like no tomorrow, but there's a catch. We can't get certificate of occupancy from the state government Why? if something happens like war or a new Government policy and the government notices there's development and decide to extend or expand the Land you will not get compensated, so the fact is, it's either the baales gives us land very cheap or we don't buy at all, we should hang like the northerners who only go to beg and never buy land from the west to recide.

2. the news is fake.
The news that Ogun is the next Lagos State is half true, this news is supposed to bring in more investment, it's not that it's the next Lagos already, it is done to change your attitude and make you believe that ogun is the next investment hub. there is no truth about this.

conclusion.
Look at the way Nigeria has turned out to be, in the next ten years Nigeria might not be peaceful as you think.

All your investment will burn when any policy comes or A new governor that doesn't know the investment that you have in the state.
Do not invest in ogun with your eyes closed. do not buy land in Ogun without C-of-O do not start any business in Ogun, the next government policy will not favour you. A word is enough for the wise.

lastly we are not the only one migrating to ogun, the north is also migrating there, we should watch how the northerners assimilate and follow their style too because at the end the people of Ogun will not appreciate your efforts.

get your C-of-O.
Thanks for this thread. Infact I have wanted to write something like this after my last visit to Ogun state 3 major cities. Aneokuta, Ota And Ijebu ode.

After reading many thread about how Ogun state is nxt to Lagos I went there to see what I can do there. believe me I was disappointed. There's too much hype about this state and people are been deceived thinking it was true. The capital is the most backward capitals I have visited among all the SW states. You'll see old houses built in 18th century all over the places. Ota is even more developed than the state capital maybe it's because of the many companies around there. I didn't mention Agbara because its very much like u are living in Lagos because u hardly notice the boundary between Lagos and Ogun. And 99.9 people living there believed they are lagosians.

My conclusion. If Lagos, Abuja and rivers state are 1st class state in Nigeria I will rate Ogun 4th in a rating of top 5 Most beautiful states in nigeria.

They are trying to hid this thread

(1) (Reply)

Bitcoin Crash: Cbn Cautions In Virtual Currencies Trading Stands / FINALLY, Obasanjo's Coalition For Nigeria Launched In Abuja ...see Photos / How Osinbajo Raked In $10 Million Blood Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.