Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,714 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Atiku, Associates Set To Return To Pdp - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku, Associates Set To Return To Pdp (590 Views)

Buhari’s Associates Set To Dislodge Tinubu.. / Atiku's Associates Endorse Jonathan - Dailypost Nigeria / 2011: Atiku’s Associates Meet Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Atiku, Associates Set To Return To Pdp by spiderman(m): 10:46am On Apr 08, 2010
"Anytime from now, a former vice-president, Atiku Abubakar, will formally declare for the Peoples Democratic Party.

This is because his political associates at a meeting with him in Abuja on Wednesday endorsed his return to the party he left in 2007.

The associates, which included Alhaji Lawal Kaita; Senator Ben Obi; Chief Dapo Sarumi; Otunba Oyewole Fasawe; Chief Dubem Onyia; and Chief Titi Ajanaku; decided to set up a committee that would facilitate the return of the former vice-president and his associates to the party at the centre and the states."
The PUNCH Newspaper, Today 8th March, 2010.

Hmm, 
i wonder why the move to return to the party he left, apparently without any regrets, to challenge at the polls.
what has changed to necessitate this return.
His main foe and former boss Obasanjo is still head of the PDP Board of Trustees.
All the other usual suspects are either still leading the party or calling the shots from behind the curtains.
The way i see it, like most of the other politicians in this country this erstwhile VP is a man without conviction.
I believe he lacks the prerequisite level of moral assertion to lead anyone; and these so called Associates,
how exactly do they figure in this equation, methinks they are hangers-on who though would be totally irrelevant
without Atiku are portrayed as the decision makers for this ex VP. Interesting.

I weep for my dear country and its people,
what manner of gangsters have we decided to call our leaders.
I strongly believe change will come; albeit slowly, but surely
CHANGE WILL COME!!
Re: Atiku, Associates Set To Return To Pdp by Nobody: 11:23am On Apr 08, 2010

(1)

Why Is Ibb In The Media Everyday! / Pastor W.f. Kumuyi Declear One Day Fasting And Prayer 4 Jos & Nigeria In General / Ekiti Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.