Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,155 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Corrupt External Hard Disk. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Corrupt External Hard Disk. (1167 Views)

Get An Internal And External Hard Drive Memories Of Laptop And Desktop / External Hard Disk Drive / External Hard-disk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corrupt External Hard Disk. by Owiii(m): 6:55pm On Jan 04, 2018
Please I need a software with licence key to enable me recover files from a corrupt external hard disk. The one I got - easeus and recover my files have no keys. Your help will be appreciated. Thank you
Re: Corrupt External Hard Disk. by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 05, 2018
Owiii:
Please I need a software with licence key to enable me recover files from a corrupt external hard disk. The one I got - easeus and recover my files have no keys. Your help will be appreciated. Thank you

What exactly is corrupt on it?
Re: Corrupt External Hard Disk. by Owiii(m): 11:18am On Jan 05, 2018
johnny1980:

What exactly is corrupt on it?

The entire hard disk. I have scanned with easeus and recover my files. Saw the corrupt file, time to recover and I was told to enter the licence key which I don't have. Initially the hard disk had my name on it when connected but presently, its showing local disk when connected. Thank you.
Re: Corrupt External Hard Disk. by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 05, 2018
Owiii:

The entire hard disk. I have scanned with easeus and recover my files. Saw the corrupt file, time to recover and I was told to enter the licence key which I don't have. Initially the hard disk had my name on it when connected but presently, its showing local disk when connected. Thank you.
Open command prompt with administrator .

Type chkdsk f: /f . The f being the location of the hard disk. It would check and fix the bad sectors and corrupt files. I
Re: Corrupt External Hard Disk. by Owiii(m): 1:46pm On Jan 06, 2018
johnny1980:
Open command prompt with administrator .

Type chkdsk f: /f . The f being the location of the hard disk. It would check and fix the bad sectors and corrupt files. I
I performed the operation as you said. It displayed the hard disk is not accessible. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. Thank you
Re: Corrupt External Hard Disk. by Gbengageorge: 6:11pm On Jan 23, 2018
use a windows xp system to do this operation, Win XP OS is rugged.
Type chkdsk/r/f
sfc/scannow

firstly confirm if you can see the hard disk in the disk manager.

(1) (Reply)

sold / 8gb Memory Card/modem/photoshop Tutorial For 4k (lagos Only) / Hp Envy Touchsmart 15 Notebook + Fingerprint

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.