Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,001 members, 7,825,102 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

FG May Increase Petrol Price To N180 Per Litre - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG May Increase Petrol Price To N180 Per Litre (26811 Views)

Petrol Landing Cost Now N180 Per Litre, Says Kachikwu / Minimum Wage: FG Planning To Increase Petrol Price To N185 – Fayose / IPMAN Threatens To Increase Petrol To N160 Per Litre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG May Increase Petrol Price To N180 Per Litre by judondasylva(m): 9:59am On Jan 05, 2018
I have said it before that Nigeria can never get any better
Re: FG May Increase Petrol Price To N180 Per Litre by smulti(m): 9:59am On Jan 05, 2018
Chiccly:

No wahala.God should provide the money to buy it even if its 1000 naira.

have heard of what is called chain reaction in economics

every other commodities will also increase

transport fare
Rents
price of food
clothing
air time
phones

every other services will increase while salaries remains the same

1 Like

Re: FG May Increase Petrol Price To N180 Per Litre by segneyukk(m): 10:06am On Jan 05, 2018
Dead brain goro eating Buhari...you will never know peace till you die soon insha Allah.. if you can't handle government resign now
Re: FG May Increase Petrol Price To N180 Per Litre by Nobody: 10:09am On Jan 05, 2018
imhotep:

cc alariiwo, sarrki, leezzz grin grin
change agents wee evade d thread grin grin
Re: FG May Increase Petrol Price To N180 Per Litre by iyerikan12: 10:10am On Jan 05, 2018
you made fuel at #65 per litre and now you increase it to #180 per litre without increasing workers salaries. may God punish the person that brought this idea and the people that supported the motion.

2 Likes

Re: FG May Increase Petrol Price To N180 Per Litre by bigass(f): 10:11am On Jan 05, 2018
LordAdam16:

Una rly funny.

So u expect it to come down because?

Here's the summary of the game plan.

As the oil price keeps increasing, petrol price too will increase.

When the oil price falls, depending on how long, it'd affect our ability to keep the naira stable and the exchange rate will increase. When the rate increases, petrol price too will increase (because we are importing most of the petrol).

Then the cycle restarts. Oil price starts increasing, and petrol price would continue increasing. That's why petrol price has never reduced in the nation's history, and never will until there's full deregulation and we have sufficient (or better still, excessive) refining capacity.

Until then, politicians will continue using you guys to play jamboree, giving s*lly unachievable promises. While they help themselves and their cronies to the assured billions of naira to be made from the rigged setup.

Nigerians truly deserve their leaders.

-Lord

you are a Nigerian too
Re: FG May Increase Petrol Price To N180 Per Litre by babatee1985(m): 10:15am On Jan 05, 2018
Chuknovski:

I swear naija NA fukdup people, this man just dey do any how. we can't talk because of religious and ethnicity, pls who cursed this country?
God did coz he gave us who we want and not who will save us.
Re: FG May Increase Petrol Price To N180 Per Litre by bigass(f): 10:16am On Jan 05, 2018
LordAdam16:

Una rly funny.

So u expect it to come down because?

Here's the summary of the game plan.

As the oil price keeps increasing, petrol price too will increase.

When the oil price falls, depending on how long, it'd affect our ability to keep the naira stable and the exchange rate will increase. When the rate increases, petrol price too will increase (because we are importing most of the petrol).

Then the cycle restarts. Oil price starts increasing, and petrol price would continue increasing. That's why petrol price has never reduced in the nation's history, and never will until there's full deregulation and we have sufficient (or better still, excessive) refining capacity.

Until then, politicians will continue using you guys to play jamboree, giving s*lly unachievable promises. While they help themselves and their cronies to the assured billions of naira to be made from the rigged setup.

Nigerians truly deserve their leaders.

-Lord

Personally i support full deregulation. I want any form of subsidy to be removed. Lets buy it at market driven prices.

1 Like

Re: FG May Increase Petrol Price To N180 Per Litre by bencynthgreat: 10:17am On Jan 05, 2018
Where are those media cows?
Re: FG May Increase Petrol Price To N180 Per Litre by solaere(m): 10:19am On Jan 05, 2018
What else confused FG nd funny enough dia wont be no actions ...!
Re: FG May Increase Petrol Price To N180 Per Litre by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 05, 2018
smulti:

transport fare
Rents
price of food
clothing
air time
phones

Multiplier effect I suppose right?
Re: FG May Increase Petrol Price To N180 Per Litre by orisa37: 10:32am On Jan 05, 2018
Wrong.
It's economically wrong to increase fuel price to increase minimum wage(N18000-N56000)
That will amount to translating Recession to general Inflation.
Fuel price should come down to digital N100 per litre.
Re: FG May Increase Petrol Price To N180 Per Litre by adetes: 10:33am On Jan 05, 2018
Were r these pple taking us to, from fry pan to fire, jona must go baba must enter, he enter finish wahala con dey

1 Like

Re: FG May Increase Petrol Price To N180 Per Litre by Nobody: 10:34am On Jan 05, 2018
We are going to #500 per litre for fuel. By the time we are done, there won't be Nigeria any more.
Re: FG May Increase Petrol Price To N180 Per Litre by Stylz69(m): 10:36am On Jan 05, 2018
Please increase it and let us rest. The signs have been there with all the sound bites in the press. Occupants of the last #Occupy; I hope you are all ready to occupy everywhere o.

Chanji!!!

Meanwhile I hope the price goes down when the pirice Of crude falls! Does this mean we should pray for low crude prices!!!

1 Like

Re: FG May Increase Petrol Price To N180 Per Litre by Predator188: 10:36am On Jan 05, 2018
Chiccly:

No wahala.God should provide the money to buy it even if its 1000 naira.
APC is after your money for 2019 campaign ...at your own expenses and indirectly you want God to provide it for them for a useless expenses ....1000 naira is almost 7 times the previous price of 143 / 145 naira per litre that means an increased in FG income on sales from petrol by 7times on whatever they will waste the money on...Goods and services will increase by 7times and your personal expenses increased by 7times on whatever you will spend the money on...who is loosing ?
Re: FG May Increase Petrol Price To N180 Per Litre by Troublemaker007(m): 10:36am On Jan 05, 2018
They cannot hide it forever o. The day breeze go blow and fowl anus go open that the current person being paraded by the North as President of of the Federal republic of Nigeria is an Imposter from Sudan known as Jubrin, that day this country go catch fire!
Re: FG May Increase Petrol Price To N180 Per Litre by Prince786(m): 10:41am On Jan 05, 2018
Thailand lottery tips game 2018 thai lotto Thai lottery yearly number
http://Thailotterygame.Net
http://lotto.thailotterygame.net
Thai lotto Arab game thai lottery master tip
Re: FG May Increase Petrol Price To N180 Per Litre by Chiccly(f): 10:45am On Jan 05, 2018
Predator188:
APC is after your money for 2019 campaign ...at your own expenses and indirectly you want God to provide it for them for a useless expenses ....1000 naira is almost 7 times the previous price of 143 / 145 naira per litre that means an increased in FG income on sales from petrol by 7times on whatever they will waste the money on...Goods and services will increase by 7times and your personal expenses increased by 7times on whatever you will spend the money on...who is loosing ?

Whatever happens.APC or PDP even if their is APshit or PDF,God will still be God and their will be provision to cater for them all.l am not moved.
Re: FG May Increase Petrol Price To N180 Per Litre by LordAdam16: 10:45am On Jan 05, 2018
bigass:

Personally i support full deregulation. I want any form of subsidy to be removed. Lets buy it at market driven prices.

Full deregulation without us having at least sufficient refining capacity for our consumption is just opening the market for abuse.

Trust those marketers, they'd increase the price to 350 and tell you at least it isn't 400 like it is in Cameroon, because we are all importing gasoline. And then in the rural areas and hinterlands, expect a N50-100 hike.

It's not doomsday prediction. Currently, not everyone is buying petrol at the same price. Those in main Abuja are buying 145. I'm buying 180. Elsewhere in my locale and in surrounding regions, it's 200+. In the hinterlands, it's 240+.

With full deregulation without good refining capacity, it'd be the same or worse.

-Lord
Re: FG May Increase Petrol Price To N180 Per Litre by Chiccly(f): 10:46am On Jan 05, 2018
smulti:

transport fare
Rents
price of food
clothing
air time
phones

Jehovah is still on the throne.God will provide.Jehovah Jireh!

Re: FG May Increase Petrol Price To N180 Per Litre by LordAdam16: 10:48am On Jan 05, 2018
bigass:

you are a Nigerian too

And so?

Did the country elect the candidate I supported in 2015?

Did the country not fall for stup*d promises and are they not still falling for stup*d comments daily?

Better respect yourself this morning.

-Lord
Re: FG May Increase Petrol Price To N180 Per Litre by walezy85: 10:49am On Jan 05, 2018
may remove or had stylishly removed it already,they should just try & build our own refinery.
friends I gat some good coin cryptocurrency for sale Ohni and Piggycoin their price is relatively low now just buy & keep for more info message me on whatsapp or call 08036871310 thanks

1 Like

Re: FG May Increase Petrol Price To N180 Per Litre by onomeabuja: 10:59am On Jan 05, 2018
NIGERIA IS DOOM NAH,,,
AS AT 2004, I WORKED WIT DBN AS A CONTRACT STAFF UNDER NNPC IN KADUNA AND AS AT THEN, EACH WORKER WAS TO BE PAID 50$(7500+) PER HEAD A DAY,BT AT THE END OUR BLACK MEN WHOM WE CALL OGA, TEND TO BE PAYING US JUST 1,500# A DAY.
NW U MAY ASK UR SELF, WHERE ARE THE REMAINING 6000#, THAT MEANS ITS GOING TO OUR OGA.S POCKET.
SO U CAN SEE Y THAT NO MATTER HW U BARK IN THIS COUNTRY, U MAY JUST BE WASTING UR TIME
Re: FG May Increase Petrol Price To N180 Per Litre by bigass(f): 11:05am On Jan 05, 2018
LordAdam16:

And so?

Did the country elect the candidate I supported in 2015?

Did the country not fall for stup*d promises and are they not still falling for stup*d comments daily?

Better respect yourself this morning.

-Lord

For your information i did not vote for Buhari. you really love to fight
Re: FG May Increase Petrol Price To N180 Per Litre by bigass(f): 11:08am On Jan 05, 2018
LordAdam16:

Full deregulation without us having at least sufficient refining capacity for our consumption is just opening the market for abuse.

Trust those marketers, they'd increase the price to 350 and tell you at least it isn't 400 like it is in Cameroon, because we are all importing gasoline. And then in the rural areas and hinterlands, expect a N50-100 hike.

It's not doomsday prediction. Currently, not everyone is buying petrol at the same price. Those in main Abuja are buying 145. I'm buying 180. Elsewhere in my locale and in surrounding regions, it's 200+. In the hinterlands, it's 240+.

With full deregulation without good refining capacity, it'd be the same or worse.

-Lord

even with good refining capacity. Price can't be the same everywhere
Re: FG May Increase Petrol Price To N180 Per Litre by bigass(f): 11:14am On Jan 05, 2018
LordAdam16:

-Lord

Remember diesel is fully deregulated and the price isn't overboard
Re: FG May Increase Petrol Price To N180 Per Litre by LordAdam16: 11:20am On Jan 05, 2018
bigass:

Remember diesel is fully deregulated and the price isn't overboard

What is the demand for diesel?

-Lord
Re: FG May Increase Petrol Price To N180 Per Litre by LordAdam16: 11:21am On Jan 05, 2018
bigass:

For your information i did not vote for Buhari. you really love to fight

And you really like to rile me up.

-Lord
Re: FG May Increase Petrol Price To N180 Per Litre by Olanna95: 11:25am On Jan 05, 2018
All these politics dont bother me anymore, especially when fuel is involved. I always tell Nigerians to go solar. Its the only way one can cope in this economy
Re: FG May Increase Petrol Price To N180 Per Litre by LordAdam16: 11:27am On Jan 05, 2018
bigass:

even with good refining capacity. Price can't be the same everywhere

But without good refining capacity, the base price will be higher everywhere.

Which do you want?

Subsidy - Good Refining Capacity = N180 + reduced range in price + renewed possibility of scarcity

Deregulation - Good Refining Capacity = N300 + higher range in price + higher probability of crippling scarcity (remember early 2015)

Deregulation + Good Refining Capacity = N250 + reduced range in price + far lower probability of scarcity

-Lord

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG May Increase Petrol Price To N180 Per Litre by Xevioso: 11:27am On Jan 05, 2018
smulti:

transport fare
Rents
price of food
clothing
air time
phones

This is true only for countries in which petrol is unsubsidised.
If petrol is subsidised, the money that the government spends to reduce the cost at the pump is taken from taxation, so the net cost to the economy is unchanged.
Except that people with uneconomical cars and trucks would no longer be subsidised by those who have efficient cars, motorcycles or do not drive.
Just because the price goes down at the pump, you still pay through taxation and in loss of funds for roads, electricity or education.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

DSP Bright Edafe Under Fire For His Pro-gambling Tweets. / Tinubu Denies Sending SMS Canvassing Votes For Jonathan, Threatens Court Action / Rivers: APC Govt Using Army, SARS Personnel To Hijack Election Materials – Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.