Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,014 members, 7,825,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

You Should Be Willing To Work - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Should Be Willing To Work (356 Views)

Willing To Die For Christ Jesus-Are You? / What Does It Mean To Work Out Your Salvation With Fear & Trembling In The Bible? / Opinion!!!!! Any Christian That Goes To Work On Sundays Will Not Make Heaven.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Should Be Willing To Work by FaithfulServant(m): 9:01pm On Jan 04, 2018
“So built we the wall; and all the wall was joined together unto the half thereof: for the people had a mind to work” (Nehemiah 4:6).

As children of God, we should have the mind to work. It is God’s own plan for us that we should not be slothful in our business but fervent in Spirit, working for Him (Romans 12:11).

Are you working for the Lord or working for the world? Why should you work for the world when you can work for the Lord (1 John 2:15). Seek to work for the Lord because Jesus said in Matthew 9:37, “… The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few”. Be among the few labourers working for God. You can be an instrument in the hands of the Lord if you commit yourself to the work of the Lord.

The popular saying goes that the idle mind is the devil’s workshop. Don’t stay under the yoke of the devil by remaining idle but find something doing that is beneficial both to you and the kingdom of God.

As it is written, “… if any would not work, neither should he eat.” (2 Thessalonians 3:10). There is no food for lazy man as they say and the soul of the sluggard always want but will have nothing, but the soul the hard working shall be made fat (Proverbs 13:4 ).

If you lack the strength, pray to God to grant you the strength. He gives the strength and wisdom to work to all who ask liberally (James 1:5), and believe within your heart that you can do all things through Jesus Christ who gives you strength (Philippians 4:13).

Even God and His Son Jesus work, “… My Father worketh hitherto and I work (John 5:17). If God Himself is a worker who never sleeps nor slumber in maintaining the whole universe and protecting His children, then why should man who is mere dust and ashes (Genesis 18:27) not work but remain idle?

Engage yourself with something meaningful today and whatsoever work your hands find doing, do it with all you mind and heart (Colossians 3:23), and as you do this the Lord will bless you.

Prayer

Dear Lord Jesus, I come before you today. Give me the strength never to be slothful at work but fervent also serving you in spirit and in truth (Romans 12:11; John 4:24). Any form of feebleness in my mind and body, Lord be please take it away that I may serve you with all my strength. I pray this day, Amen.

https://www.gospelandtruth.com/2018/01/you-should-be-willing-to-work.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Why Am I Here(what Is God's Purpose For Me) | Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike Attends RCCG Holy Ghost Rally / If This Is True; Then You Are Never Safe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.