Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,046 members, 7,818,144 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Nigeria Has The Lowest Budget On Education, Here Are The Statistics - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigeria Has The Lowest Budget On Education, Here Are The Statistics (14673 Views)

Get Your British Education Here In Nigeria / Start Your Online Education Here / Tired Of Spending Money On Education? Here Is The Opportunity For Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Has The Lowest Budget On Education, Here Are The Statistics by bejeria101(m): 12:51pm On Jan 05, 2018
Your president has no certificate you expect him to be bothered abt education?
Re: Nigeria Has The Lowest Budget On Education, Here Are The Statistics by noruwasman(m): 12:57pm On Jan 05, 2018
Oyindidi:
Buhari the illiterate is at it again

Your PHOBIA for PMB looks clearly personal and lacks constructive criticism WHY??
Re: Nigeria Has The Lowest Budget On Education, Here Are The Statistics by Oyindidi(f): 1:02pm On Jan 05, 2018
noruwasman:

Your PHOBIA for PMB looks clearly personal and lacks constructive criticism WHY??
Bite me! grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has The Lowest Budget On Education, Here Are The Statistics by Franky9584(m): 1:02pm On Jan 05, 2018
wot do u expect bf....a con3 where a common LGA councillor earns more than a professor.

#shame_9ja
Re: Nigeria Has The Lowest Budget On Education, Here Are The Statistics by Captain6(m): 1:05pm On Jan 05, 2018
NaoSlay:
Jonathan that budgeted high for education, how did he help us?

Just mention the difference between Jonathan and buhari in terms of education development even tho they have varying budgets.

let stop the hate please, hate makes someone looks so ignorant.
During Goodluck's tenure you ensured that every state without fed.uni had one. Fupre etc were all constructed during his administration.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has The Lowest Budget On Education, Here Are The Statistics by correctguy101(m): 1:09pm On Jan 05, 2018
Maybe it's cos we're all already educated undecided
Only the illiterate needs education undecided What am I even typing
Re: Nigeria Has The Lowest Budget On Education, Here Are The Statistics by Awoleesu(m): 1:09pm On Jan 05, 2018
LionDeLeo:
Blame Buhari, he should be held for such low budget on education in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015. cheesy

Lol, I don't even know one of them has started. cheesy

Na Buhari cause am.

Very disgusting things ever existed on the green planet.
According to you, 2 things are only possible - either Buhari ain't no departure from the past (hence "Change" was a scam), or 2018 budget is an output of copy and paste from recent budgets!
Re: Nigeria Has The Lowest Budget On Education, Here Are The Statistics by Ademola121(m): 1:16pm On Jan 05, 2018
Our 7% May be higher than Ghana’s 31%
Re: Nigeria Has The Lowest Budget On Education, Here Are The Statistics by naijaking1: 1:20pm On Jan 05, 2018
lacemose:
Among all other African countries, Nigeria has the lowest on education, here is the statistics

Source: http://dailyhappeningblog..co.ke/2018/01/nigeria-has-lowest-budget-on-education.html?m=1

It was changed during IBB regimen, because they thought education benefitted southerners more.
Re: Nigeria Has The Lowest Budget On Education, Here Are The Statistics by noruwasman(m): 1:21pm On Jan 05, 2018
fergie001:
Buhari is dull,but I think this particular problem precedes him.....

It's been there,our structure is so wired that it is the non-important things that get the attention....
Since 2011 to 2018,only God knows how much they have amassed for Budget on Security(which isn't bad but ironically they promoted the Insecurity in the first place),that is why they love the Boko Haram wahala,they are just going a notch higher so that 2019 will have a bigger budget maybe this time,they will release £3bn for fulani herdsmen.
We do not take education seriously,and the education people sef are worse sef.....Like I was telling people,The Nigerian Police is not the worst corruption agency,if you probe the Federal Universities,you will hail our Senators.
Can it change now?No,when we had people from that constituency,(Yar'Adua and Jonathan),it didn't......is it this Prof.Buhari's time it will change?.....Almost all the Governors in this dispensation have very good educational background,now go to most of those states...go to NUC,FORGET
Wickedness is in our veins.

i agree with your point but don't you think pmb predecessors that came from that constituency (education) didn't occupy the office of minister of education as pmb is doing to put education under close watch. They all appointed ministers like pmb did and this ministers failed Nigerians.
For me i think pmb government was almost getting it right until last year when vc's put force with rectors and provosts to milk innocent applicants and i also think we need more of capable hands like the current jamb register to curtain corruption in education ministry.
What are your suggestions on how to curtains corruption in education ministry?
Re: Nigeria Has The Lowest Budget On Education, Here Are The Statistics by Kobicove(m): 1:21pm On Jan 05, 2018
leo047:
Actually I did not read the post but I think the man has no right to beat up his girlfriend in public. Maybe they should report the matter to their village elders but if the neighbour refuse to pay his rent they should just kill the landlord and forget about the missing car.

shocked
Re: Nigeria Has The Lowest Budget On Education, Here Are The Statistics by Kbs468(m): 1:21pm On Jan 05, 2018
lacemose:
Among all other African countries, Nigeria has the lowest on education, here is the statistics

Source: http://dailyhappeningblog..co.ke/2018/01/nigeria-has-lowest-budget-on-education.html?m=1

Hmmn and this is how Nigeria want to overcome the challenges bedevilling the Nation with myriads of problems that has to do with basically Man power underdevelopment?

Because When there is a multitude of unemployed persons rooming the streets and those nurturing entrepreneurial spirit get handicapped by lack of funds for start up, the the resulting situation is definitely manpower underdevelopment.

Even though the problem is not the exclusive a cause to be credited to the Government in place but that not withstanding, Expectations should be kept alive for a reversal of the trend as like We (GOD) had once said that the reason for always keeping mute about Educational development discus is because of Our (GOD) firm conviction that it has to do with funding s
and the only way to tackle it headlong is the devising of a credible and overwhelming wealth and sustainable revenue base in the form of tackling the economy first and that would follow with ease as even the major stakeholders in the education industry are also part and parcel of the same economy as well irrespective of it comatose status or not as students, Academic or Non-academic members of staff indeed.

PROPHET TB JOSHUA

LOVELY UNITARY GOD
Re: Nigeria Has The Lowest Budget On Education, Here Are The Statistics by noruwasman(m): 1:26pm On Jan 05, 2018
Oyindidi:
Bite me! grin
emotional sentiment does not pay much. Try take a new leap
Re: Nigeria Has The Lowest Budget On Education, Here Are The Statistics by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jan 05, 2018
I am not surprised though, cos its so evident even on this forum.
Re: Nigeria Has The Lowest Budget On Education, Here Are The Statistics by Asazwalingwa: 1:48pm On Jan 05, 2018
[quote author=leo047 post=63909556]Actually I did not read the post but I think the man has no right to beat up his girlfriend in public. Maybe they should report the matter to their village elders but if the neighbour refuse to pay his rent they should just kill the landlord and forget about the missing car.
Re: Nigeria Has The Lowest Budget On Education, Here Are The Statistics by Asazwalingwa: 1:50pm On Jan 05, 2018
Actually I did not read the post but I think the man has no right to beat up his girlfriend in public. Maybe they should report the matter to their village elders but if the neighbour refuse to pay his rent they should just kill the landlord and forget about the missing car.

Hangover na real o shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has The Lowest Budget On Education, Here Are The Statistics by ozimec(m): 1:56pm On Jan 05, 2018
lacemose:

Now I know why Nigerians travel to Ghana for education.

Re: Nigeria Has The Lowest Budget On Education, Here Are The Statistics by fergie001: 2:11pm On Jan 05, 2018
noruwasman:

i agree with your point but don't you think pmb predecessors that came from that constituency (education) didn't occupy the office of minister of education as pmb is doing to put education under close watch. They all appointed ministers like pmb did and this ministers failed Nigerians.
For me i think pmb government was almost getting it right until last year when vc's put force with rectors and provosts to milk innocent applicants and i also think we need more of capable hands like the current jamb register to curtain corruption in education ministry.
What are your suggestions on how to curtains corruption in education ministry?
PMB is not occupying the position as education Minister.Adamu Adamu is the Education Minister.
PMB's predecessors were cited because they definitely did have first-hand experience and the problem stayed as same.
Education's biggest problem is corruption.Endemic corruption...
How can a President/VC/ASUU chairman send his child abroad whilst school is still on strike?That is wicked corruption and acute wickedness.

Obasanjo in one of his interviews in 2002 said all his children had their 1st degrees in Nigeria because no matter how bad he believed in the system....Education is big bucks,but we have digressed by creating a University in almost every LG.I was critical of the 'jamboree' universities but for political expediency,it was celebrated..

There are certain patterns that can curb corruption...
1)A RESULT SURVEY
This is like a report card where details are placed where the end-users /citizens are asked to report how concretized dealings had taken place,corruption-flow(if any) and all that.(Like with your dealings with this school,what happened)...It's like a questionnaire which is taken seriously and broadcast by both the media and CSOs.
Too many CSOs concentrate on PDP and APC these days,we need to come back home a bit.If popular opinion proves otherwise,the Government will look more...we saw people praise the Agricultural sector in the last administration,we also saw the then Environment Minister also applauded......we use schools as yardstick.

2)PUBLIC FUNDS TRANSMISSION SYSTEM
Adopted by the World Bank,this works like a courier system,it monitors the flow of cash,from when it was assigned to end user...like a courier service,if you transmit a document say from Lagos to Kaduna,for ex....using say DHL........when you log in with a ref number,you should know where your document is at......Most of the way these monies are stolen is that,the FG releases 50 naira and before it gets to the last b/stop,the VC/Principal has 10naira,he pockets 5 naira,No way....we need to know where the money has missed road and deal with the offender ruthlessly...I think Obasanjo opened the OFFICE OF DUE PROCESS,where are they today? The President left,that office now dies. This should be its primary function.

3)THOROUGH SERVICE DELIVERY SYSTEM
Works closely with 2 above,but talks about whether the money the VC or whoever has received has been put for the purpose it was released and what are the challenges?I was once a member of SERVICOM in a Federal University and can tell you that service delivery is 0.
Money is released,someone Banks it in a fixed deposit account and speaks big big grammar and that's all,so we need to know your challenges and know how it is to be solved.
Recently,Ajimobi said lautech had 99 accounts,oh goddamit and nobody is punished? No will power.....

4)PROPER CHECKS AND BALANCES
There has to be proper accounting for all these,to know who has defaulted or where there are bottlenecks to prevent it re-occurring.I was once worked in a Private Organisation in Lagos where some of these things are not forgiven,you sign,you move over,you detail,you move over....the reason for ERP systems..

Surprisingly,we have some of these systems but they are still handled by Government People,allow private people,CSOs,whom the Government cannot sack or suspend,combine it with the FOI bill and a President who knows the value of Education...see Ghana(Atta Mills,Akuffo-Addo;all their Presidents are Eggheads).........you will see the turn-around,no matter the little difference as a result of our minions of institutions,w will make progress and expire these pen-robbers in our system.

My take...

PS: Still surprised why the Lagos State Government is refusing to accept the FOI bill as passed by the National Assembly during the last administration and assented to by the President.....
Does it not become law?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has The Lowest Budget On Education, Here Are The Statistics by Asour: 2:16pm On Jan 05, 2018
This figure is apparently insufficient but it would be helpful to see the absolute figures budgeted for education by Nigeria vis-à-vis these other countries to do a proper assessment as relative proportion may be misleading sometimes.
Re: Nigeria Has The Lowest Budget On Education, Here Are The Statistics by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jan 05, 2018
blackpanda:
Too many stupid people on nairaland these days. smh

Now you know why
Re: Nigeria Has The Lowest Budget On Education, Here Are The Statistics by coolopj: 2:19pm On Jan 05, 2018
leo047:
this one weak me
Re: Nigeria Has The Lowest Budget On Education, Here Are The Statistics by Oyindidi(f): 2:30pm On Jan 05, 2018
noruwasman:

emotional sentiment does not pay much. Try take a new leap
Happy new year jare

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has The Lowest Budget On Education, Here Are The Statistics by noruwasman(m): 3:05pm On Jan 05, 2018
fergie001:

PMB is not occupying the position as education Minister.Adamu Adamu is the Education Minister.
PMB's predecessors were cited because they definitely did have first-hand experience and the problem stayed as same.
How can a President/VC/ASUU chairman send his child abroad whilst school is still on strike?That is wicked corruption and acute wickedness.

Obasanjo in one of his interviews in 2002 said all his children had their 1st degrees in Nigeria because no matter how bad he believed in the system....Education is big bucks,but we have digressed by creating a University in almost every LG.I was critical of the 'jamboree' universities but for political expediency,it was celebrated..

1)A RESULT SURVEY
This is like a report card where details are placed where the end-users /citizens are asked to report how concretized dealings had taken place,corruption-flow(if any) and all that.(Like with your dealings with this school,what happened)...It's like a questionnaire which is taken seriously and broadcast by both the media and CSOs.
Too many CSOs concentrate on PDP and APC these days,we need to come back home a bit.If popular opinion proves otherwise,the Government will look more...we saw people praise the Agricultural sector in the last administration,we also saw the then Environment Minister also applauded......we use schools as yardstick.

Adopted by the World Bank,this works like a courier system,it monitors the flow of cash,from when it was assigned to end user...like a courier service,if you transmit a document say from Lagos to Kaduna,for ex....using say DHL........when you log in with a ref number,you should know where your document is at......Most of the way these monies are stolen is that,the FG releases 50 naira and before it gets to the last b/stop,the VC/Principal has 10naira,he pockets 5 naira,No way....we need to know where the money has missed road and deal with the offender ruthlessly...I think Obasanjo opened the OFFICE OF DUE PROCESS,where are they today? The President left,that office now dies. This should be its primary function.

Works closely with 2 above,but talks about whether the money the VC or whoever has received has been put for the purpose it was released and what are the challenges?I was once a member of SERVICOM in a Federal University and can tell you that service delivery is 0.
Money is released,someone Banks it in a fixed deposit account and speaks big big grammar and that's all,so we need to know your challenges and know how it is to be solved.
Recently,Ajimobi said lautech had 99 accounts,oh goddamit and nobody is punished? No will power.....

There has to be proper accounting for all these,to know who has defaulted or where there are bottlenecks to prevent it re-occurring.I was once worked in a Private Organisation in Lagos where some of these things are not forgiven,you sign,you move over,you detail,you move over....the reason for ERP systems..

Surprisingly,we have some of these systems but they are still handled by Government People,allow private people,CSOs,whom the Government cannot sack or suspend,combine it with the FOI bill and a President who knows the value of Education...see Ghana(Atta Mills,Akuffo-Addo;all their Presidents are Eggheads).........you will see the turn-around,no matter the little difference as a result of our minions of institutions,w will make progress and expire these pen-robbers in our system.

My take...

PS: Still surprised why the Lagos State Government is refusing to accept the FOI bill as passed by the National Assembly during the last administration and assented to by the President.....
Does it not become law?

Pmb is the minister for petroleum resources, he department he felt if headed by him would bring a lasting solution to problems face by nigerians but its a pity till now, him and his team are still far from a permanent solution. Obasanjo once head a ministry he felt he could bring lasting solution owning his experience was what i meant ya-ardua n Jonathan but it seams they were ill prepared before they became president.
From for points it shows how current and experience you have about our education sector and i totally in agreement with your 4th point. I still think until we have patriots occupying head of sensitive department in public institutions we yet to get it right.
An average nigerian can buy the media house, manipulate servicom and even hire NGO's to their credit. Its my hope we get more of prof oyedele's quality to bring in accountability and transparency into our education and other departments as well. To start with lecturers (many are due for mandatory retirement), the civil service need complete reform '
Re: Nigeria Has The Lowest Budget On Education, Here Are The Statistics by fergie001: 3:15pm On Jan 05, 2018
noruwasman:

Pmb is the minister for petroleum resources, he department he felt if headed by him would bring a lasting solution to problems face by nigerians but its a pity till now, him and his team are still far from a permanent solution. Obasanjo once head a ministry he felt he could bring lasting solution owning his experience was what i meant ya-ardua n Jonathan but it seams they were ill prepared before they became president.
From for points it shows how current and experience you have about our education sector and i totally in agreement with your 4th point. I still think until we have patriots occupying head of sensitive department in public institutions we yet to get it right.
An average nigerian can buy the media house, manipulate servicom and even hire NGO's to their credit. Its my hope we get more of prof oyedele's quality to bring in accountability and transparency into our education and other departments as well. To start with lecturers (many are due for mandatory retirement), the civil service need complete reform '
Spot On.
Re: Nigeria Has The Lowest Budget On Education, Here Are The Statistics by noruwasman(m): 3:22pm On Jan 05, 2018
fergie001:

1)A RESULT SURVEY

My take...

Does it not become law?

Budget office need more transparency and accountability.
Bro to be honest our leaders knows the right thing and they decided to choose evil over good. I pray God touch their heart in favor the people over their family.
Thanks for patriotic contributions and i hope nigerians engaged constructive idea to our collective problem than blame game. I know we will surely get it right but its matter of time. I also wish pmb could rechauffe his cabinet and bring fresh hands. Most of the hands in this cabinet are used to nigerians and has nothing new to offer, they are only useful in their political parties. Pmb should learn to separate governance from politics
Re: Nigeria Has The Lowest Budget On Education, Here Are The Statistics by noruwasman(m): 3:23pm On Jan 05, 2018
Oyindidi:
Happy new year jare
Same jare
Re: Nigeria Has The Lowest Budget On Education, Here Are The Statistics by akigbemaru: 3:37pm On Jan 05, 2018
lacemose:

Re: Nigeria Has The Lowest Budget On Education, Here Are The Statistics by Asu015(m): 3:37pm On Jan 05, 2018
I'm a great fan of buhari, but i hv to admit he is neglecting educational sector which is a wrong move
Re: Nigeria Has The Lowest Budget On Education, Here Are The Statistics by ZeroShenanigan(m): 4:01pm On Jan 05, 2018
Even though i am not in total support of the current administration, this information is misleading. The data above is showing the percentage of money spent on education out of the total budget of various countries. It is pertinent to know the actual amount of each country relatively, which i believe if stated in international currency like dollar, percentage of education fund in Nigeria might be higher than those countries.
Re: Nigeria Has The Lowest Budget On Education, Here Are The Statistics by jefdr001: 4:45pm On Jan 05, 2018
LionDeLeo:

loosening of association or is it flight of ideas. I wish I coud quote the original poster lol
Re: Nigeria Has The Lowest Budget On Education, Here Are The Statistics by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 05, 2018
Nigeria led APC and president Buhari dead government, now a disgrace to Africa.

Nigeria government doesn't produce any of their own even to refining crude oil in Nigeria, Nigeria corrupt, incompetent and illegitimate government and idiots calling themselves leaders who came to government with lies, visionless thinking, fake promises, fake change.

Nigeria is a giant of Africa in corruption and mismanagement.

Students in other countries are inventing anything inventable, what are Nigeria universities students producing or inventing in years in schools

Votes wisely.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UNICAL Produces 12 First Class As 7,222 Graduate / Only 2 Of 7 months have been paid: ASUU Fumes As Tinubu Clears Buhari's Debts / Apply: 2017 Cowbell Mathematics Competition For Nigeria Secondary Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.