Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,798 members, 7,817,305 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

You Can't Contaminate My Honesty And Integrity... Arsene Wenger Replies - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / You Can't Contaminate My Honesty And Integrity... Arsene Wenger Replies (374 Views)

Arsene Wenger Returns As FIFA's Chief Of Global Football Development / Wenger Predicts What Will Happen To Thierry Henry At Monaco / Who Should Replace Arsene Wenger? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Can't Contaminate My Honesty And Integrity... Arsene Wenger Replies by gimmehear(f): 11:46am On Jan 05, 2018
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says he serves football with “honesty and integrity” as the Football Association look into his comments about referees.

Wenger has been asked to respond to the FA about views he expressed on officiating before and after Wednesday’s draw with Chelsea.

He says “nothing has changed” and stands by the comments “100%”.

Wenger was also “shocked” to be charged for his behaviour after Sunday’s draw at West Brom in a separate incident.

The Frenchman was angered by referee Mike Dean after his side’s draw at the Hawthorns, where Calum Chambers conceded a late penalty for handball.

Wenger has until 18:00 GMT on Friday to respond to the FA’s charge.

“From what I’ve heard and seen in tunnels and dressing rooms down the years, I’m surprised and shocked to be charged,” he told reporters on Friday.

Wenger was also frustrated after Wednesday’s draw with Chelsea at Emirates Stadium, where he called decisions made against Arsenal a “concerning coincidence”.

Part of his anger stemmed from a penalty the away side won when Eden Hazard was adjudged by referee Anthony Taylor to be fouled by Hector Bellerin, a decision Wenger branded “farcical”.

The FA wants his explanation of these comments by 18:00 on Tuesday 9 January.

“Yes I have been asked [to respond] and I maintain what I said in the press conference, 100%,” he added. “Overall, basically nothing has changed. I try to serve this game with honesty and integrity and when I have something to say, I say it.”

“I respect everyone’s opinion. I feel it was a yellow card for Hazard. I have the right to have an opinion.”

https:///GH7Muc

(1) (Reply)

Proof That Cristiano Ronaldo Is Surpassing Lionel Messi / EPL: Emery Reveals Player That Helped Arsenal In 3-1 Win Over Burnley / Surprise! Surprise!! PSG THRASHES Barcelona 4 Nil. Watch The Highlights!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.