Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Correction To A Previous Post That Graced NL Front-page Earlier. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Correction To A Previous Post That Graced NL Front-page Earlier. (1161 Views)

How Does One Make A Correction To His/her Driver's License? / My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice / 2018 Independence Drive: The Classic Cars That Graced Event (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Correction To A Previous Post That Graced NL Front-page Earlier. by Xbee007(m): 7:09pm On Jan 05, 2018
I just want to point out some errors in a post that recently made Front-page on Nairaland. I had ignored it earlier when I saw it on Vanguard website.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/01/photos-innosons-military-vehicles/
In the post, pictures of some Infantry Fighting Vehicles, IFVs were posted that the author claimed were produced by Innoson. However, a little investigation shows that the pictures were actually taken from Proforce's website. I mocked the post thinking that journalism has gone to a new low in Nigeria while hoping that Nigerians will see beyond the error. However, most people didn't. Journalists no longer do proper research and investigation before writing for the gullible public.
The end result is that the masses are filled with wrong and misleading information. I was shocked and dissapointed when same pictures made it to NL.
https://www.nairaland.com/4272004/photos-innosons-military-vehicles

Here is a link to Proforce's Brochure containing pictures of their Vehicles. Size is 14mb
http://proforcedefence.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/brochure.pdf

1 Like

Re: Correction To A Previous Post That Graced NL Front-page Earlier. by HungerBAD: 7:11pm On Jan 05, 2018
Lol.

Mynd44 and lalasticlacla no comment at all.
Re: Correction To A Previous Post That Graced NL Front-page Earlier. by Xbee007(m): 7:12pm On Jan 05, 2018
Here is another. The thumbnail of a news claiming that ships laden with petroleum products and food will dock in Lagos shows US warships. Please, since when did US warships start bringing petroleum products and food to Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Correction To A Previous Post That Graced NL Front-page Earlier. by Edopesin: 7:21pm On Jan 05, 2018
So Many People Have Digested The First Thread
Re: Correction To A Previous Post That Graced NL Front-page Earlier. by jdluv(f): 7:22pm On Jan 05, 2018
investigation before publishin no they our journalism again
Re: Correction To A Previous Post That Graced NL Front-page Earlier. by Xbee007(m): 7:37pm On Jan 05, 2018
Edopesin:
So Many People Have Digested The First Thread
Almost 12k views already. So many people have been misinformed. It may seem little and insignificant but our News tabloids do it all the time.

1 Like

Re: Correction To A Previous Post That Graced NL Front-page Earlier. by Xbee007(m): 7:39pm On Jan 05, 2018
jdluv:
investigation before publishin no they our journalism again
Investigative journalism is alien to Nigerian journalists and it is saddening.

2 Likes

Re: Correction To A Previous Post That Graced NL Front-page Earlier. by Edopesin: 7:42pm On Jan 05, 2018
Where Are The Mods To Correct This cc; Lalasticlala
Re: Correction To A Previous Post That Graced NL Front-page Earlier. by Xbee007(m): 3:46pm On Feb 10, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Driver Banned After Being Caught In Passenger Seat With Hands Behind His Head / I Think My Steering Pump Is Faulty / 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.