Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,215 members, 7,811,591 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

New Feature Lists For Nairaland In 2018 - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / New Feature Lists For Nairaland In 2018 (1178 Views)

How To Hack Nairaland In 30 Seconds. / Improve Your Web Skill In 2018 / I Want To Learn Programming In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Feature Lists For Nairaland In 2018 by GeekBoi(m): 11:57pm On Jan 05, 2018
Hey guys, happy new year.

I have been a frequent visitor to Nairaland until I became a registered member. I must confess Seun and his team have done an amazing job of making sure Nairaland runs efficiently and remains relevant.

I am a product manager, and thus I see beyond the posts and the funny write-ups, I look out for efficiency, visual balance and user friendliness. (the whole user experience). In all of these, I noticed Nairaland lacked a Back To Top button.

This feature might seem negligible but I believe it's very important so as to ease the stress of returning to the top of a long or very long post.

Let's make this exciting. You can add your desired features and hope the Nairaland team gets to consider implementing them.

Let's collectively make Nairaland a better forum.

Update

*I noticed there's a Go Up button, but it's hardly visible. Maybe this could be made to float instead?

GeekBoi
Re: New Feature Lists For Nairaland In 2018 by Nobody: 12:00am On Jan 06, 2018
E beta b4 na

1 Like

Re: New Feature Lists For Nairaland In 2018 by music4me(m): 12:24am On Jan 06, 2018
I think e-slap or e-punch features should b added cos some ppls sure needs it to reset their brains...

1 Like

Re: New Feature Lists For Nairaland In 2018 by Nobody: 12:32am On Jan 06, 2018
Feature like "block this user" is highly needed.

4 Likes

Re: New Feature Lists For Nairaland In 2018 by TheUbermensch: 12:41am On Jan 06, 2018
Feature on how to sanction a mod who moves irrelevant topics to FP

1 Like

Re: New Feature Lists For Nairaland In 2018 by yarimo(m): 1:37am On Jan 06, 2018
music4me:
I think e-slap or e-punch features should b added cos some ppls sure needs it to reset their brains...
you are right, IPOB miscreants brain needs to be reset grin grin

1 Like

Re: New Feature Lists For Nairaland In 2018 by yarimo(m): 1:39am On Jan 06, 2018
Feature like you should be able to UN BAN yourself is highly needed. grin

1 Like

Re: New Feature Lists For Nairaland In 2018 by QuinSecrets(f): 11:43am On Jan 06, 2018
Remove this PM stuff and add inbox on nl instead. Lets chat privately on nl nt gmail.

3 Likes

Re: New Feature Lists For Nairaland In 2018 by Dekatron(m): 8:06am On Jan 08, 2018
QuinSecrets:
Remove this PM stuff and add inbox on nl instead. Lets chat privately on nl nt gmail.

While this is a good and proper way it should be, remember that:

1. Nairaland is still using a tech of 2005.

2. Doing that means that there has to be some quite heavy javascript usage. While this doesnt necessarily mean the user experience would become poor, it simply means that we wont get the same speed as we are already used to. Nairaland is by far one of the fastest websites in the world

3. Also, people already using 20MB (No offense to them) wont be able to use the same for probably a week, as they do, on nairaland.

It isnt that simple, and if it aint broke. . . . .

Though NL should upgrade, but we are already loving it. If it changes, we are going to notice. And I wont be surprised if some people decide to quit because of it.

(1) (Reply)

My Fellow Nairalander Your Urgent Advice Is Needed Urgently / A Web Developer Needs Help Working With Bootstrap Carousel / Which Standard Computer School Do You Recommend For Learning Programming?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.