Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,920 members, 7,828,204 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Buhari Has Run Out Of Ideas, Even Bad Ones - Junaid Mohammed - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Has Run Out Of Ideas, Even Bad Ones - Junaid Mohammed (22074 Views)

Junaid Mohammed: Buhari's Promise To Lead Boko Haram War Is Now Haunting Him / Tunde Sabiu, Buhari's Nephew Is A Billionaire At 20 - Junaid Mohammed / “It's Like Deji Adeleke Has Run Mad Due To The Death Of His Brother”- Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Has Run Out Of Ideas, Even Bad Ones - Junaid Mohammed by dieBYfire: 10:54am On Jan 06, 2018
sarrki:

Must you people always classified one through religion ?

That's why you can't tolerate one another

PDP is gone and its gone forever

Your clan man destroyed our country

He failed God and Humanity

I mean ebele Jonah

PDP is Nigerians only hope... Beside Muslims are the worst set of humans on earth... Can't imagine slamming my head on d floor 5 times a day , just to worship an allah that is as worthless as Idoboki river goddess undecided
If the stupid Prophet Mohammed was alive today, he will probably be an ISIS or Boko Haram Leader

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Run Out Of Ideas, Even Bad Ones - Junaid Mohammed by SouthEastFacts: 10:56am On Jan 06, 2018
Fawklicant:

Sir, I think you are the novice here. Why would you even think that Roach-ass or Kalu would fare well in any national elections? Especially a bumbling buffoon like roach-ass?

In any case, I don't see osinbajo replacing the chief dullard unless the man dies in office. Asides that, it's gonna be a toughie.
I am not saying they will fare well. I said Osinbanjo can never emerge Presidential Candidate when Rochas is aspiring to become one.
Re: Buhari Has Run Out Of Ideas, Even Bad Ones - Junaid Mohammed by dieBYfire: 11:01am On Jan 06, 2018
Fawklicant:

That guy is a dolt. Anybody that supports his region is a nationalist. You'd do best to ignore his pathetic being, he is not even worth correcting. It is the likes of him that put Nigeria in this quagmire where the country is saddled with a useless excuse of a human being for president. But then again, it's what they wanted so let them suffer it.
I have zero sympathy for the likes of him because I know he is unemployed with no hope of getting any job anytime soon. But you'd think that alone would reset his senses to default.

Do you know how many people have mental issues on Nairaland? The guy obviously got mental problems... I know many Nairalanders who pick from dustbins so they can eat! That idiot in question is a major example.
Re: Buhari Has Run Out Of Ideas, Even Bad Ones - Junaid Mohammed by sircrabo: 11:04am On Jan 06, 2018
RZArecta:
tell that to Igbo people not me cool

They think everyone that criticises Buhari is IBO
Re: Buhari Has Run Out Of Ideas, Even Bad Ones - Junaid Mohammed by emmasege: 11:25am On Jan 06, 2018
sarrki:
Junaid we are wiser now

We won't allow another northerner now

Its going to be the turn of my region when baba finished his 8years

I don't care about others

Osinbajo will take over period
You have only one vote to decide whether Buhari stays or goes in 2019. Another northerner will definitely replace Bubu in 2019; an extension of Bubu's presidency beyond 2019 is disastrous for our nation. Only selfish and deluded Nigerians think Bubu must have his stay extended beyond 2019.

After the north is the south east. And when power comes back to the south again, osinbajo will no longer be politically relevant to run for presidency. There are better than Osinbajos in my region, so don't reduce us to alma.jiris who believe it's either 'sai baba' or nobody else.
Re: Buhari Has Run Out Of Ideas, Even Bad Ones - Junaid Mohammed by Ahamefuna0001(m): 11:47am On Jan 06, 2018
sarrki:
Junaid we are wiser now

Mark my word. Osinbanjo wil neva become president maybe in next life, what stops him from sharing any ideas he have for the betterment of this country wit president buhari ain't he his vice ? Aint they in the goverment together ? Must he become president first before offering his best to the nation? Ndi ofes won't stop amazing me. Every Nigerian knws better nw.
Who knws if its nt osibanjo and his Afonja brodas that are bewitching dis govt to make buhari look bad and osibanjo a saint.
Insha Allah its either Ngige,Tony Nwoye, Orji Uzor, Onu or Okorocha be buhari's running mate 2019 and Ameachi becomes president after buhari completes his tenure if not then i'l go for Atiku2019.
Afonja!
Re: Buhari Has Run Out Of Ideas, Even Bad Ones - Junaid Mohammed by sarrki(m): 11:51am On Jan 06, 2018
Ahamefuna0001:

Mark my word. Osinbanjo wil neva become president maybe in next life, what stops him from sharing any ideas he have for the betterment of this country wit president buhari ain't he his vice ? Aint they in the goverment together ? Must he become president first before offering his best to the nation? Ndi ofes won't stop amazing me. Every Nigerian knws better nw.
Who knws if its nt osibanjo and his Afonja brodas that are bewitching dis govt to make buhari look bad and osibanjo a saint.
Insha Allah its either Ngige,Tony Nwoye, Onu or Okorocha be buhari's running mate 2019 and Ameachi becomes president after buhari completes his tenure if not then i'l go for Atiku2019.
Afonja!

Shut up
Re: Buhari Has Run Out Of Ideas, Even Bad Ones - Junaid Mohammed by Ahamefuna0001(m): 11:56am On Jan 06, 2018
sarrki:

Shut up
Breeze done blow fowl nyash done open. This the plan u had for supporting this failed govt.
Little wonder why no Nigerian takes Afonja serious. 444No..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Run Out Of Ideas, Even Bad Ones - Junaid Mohammed by booblacain(m): 12:12pm On Jan 06, 2018
sarrki:
Junaid we are wiser now

Hear the words of a person that calls himself a patriot. Nigeria is full of hypocrites and half baked.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Run Out Of Ideas, Even Bad Ones - Junaid Mohammed by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jan 06, 2018
Buhari can be defeated in 2019. This is possible if the opposition candidate can win some Northern states as well as all Southern states. Atiku Abubakar is the only candidate from the North that can achieve that feat, presently.

Atiku can win sections of the North that have "received the short end of the stick" under Buhari's presidency. The Northeast region and some states in the Northcentral/middle belt zone, especially states under attacks by Buhari's Fulani brothers will vote for Atiku, enough to deny Buhari a sweeping victory as was the case in 2015.

Atiku is also the only Northern candidate that the SE and SS will vote en-bloc for, even without an Igbo running-mate or VP. For Atiku to win in the Southwest region he must pick a Yoruba Christian running-mate/VP from the zone, to ensure the SW region does not lose the Vice Presidency slot which they currently occupy.

Finally, to seal victory in 2019 Atiku MUST run an issue-based campaign, articulating clearly what he will do differently to better the country to Nigerians. Buhari's failures in improving security in the Northeast and his refusal and disinterest in attaining to internally displaced persons (IDPs), his lackluster attitude toward stopping his marauding Fulani herdsmen kinsmen, his destruction of Nigeria's currency which has led to astronomical hike in prices of goods and a failing economy, ill health, failure to prosecute corruption cases and general ineptitude, are some of the issues that Atiku should focus on.
Re: Buhari Has Run Out Of Ideas, Even Bad Ones - Junaid Mohammed by misgab: 12:45pm On Jan 06, 2018
dr Junaid you have my kudos, i thought i am the only one seeing everything bad about this administration. Advice to them is to build prisons and make it more comfortable because at the end of the day. That's where the will end up
Re: Buhari Has Run Out Of Ideas, Even Bad Ones - Junaid Mohammed by engrchykae(m): 1:03pm On Jan 06, 2018
Fawklicant:

While you are trying to play politics of region, note that 7 million jobs were lost in 2017 alone! Thousands killed by bh and Fulani. Do the math for 8 years and tell me what will be left of Nigeria?
the north cannot continue to blackmail the south with violence.
We knew the history of both Buhari and Tinubu.
Both men have no business with democracy.
Buhari disdained the entire Nigeria and toppled the second republic.
What he meant by that coup is that Nigerians are fools,he meant that he knew better than Nigeria.
He became a law to himself,finally God answered the prayer of Nigerians and babangida removed him.
Tinubu since 1999 have made himself a despot in lagos and the southwest with no respect for democracy.
Then these two rapists of democracy ganged up and told us that they will give us good government and WE AGREED.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Run Out Of Ideas, Even Bad Ones - Junaid Mohammed by sallyzan(f): 1:11pm On Jan 06, 2018
DaudaAbu:

You mean god right?

Blasphemy! I am sorry for you
Re: Buhari Has Run Out Of Ideas, Even Bad Ones - Junaid Mohammed by LZAA: 1:40pm On Jan 06, 2018
And that really is a tragedy because, if you are empty, even if good speech writers put up something together for you, at the end of the day, you will still be empty. This is because the emptiness is reflected, not in the speech you read, but in you.
grin grin
Re: Buhari Has Run Out Of Ideas, Even Bad Ones - Junaid Mohammed by Fawklicant: 1:47pm On Jan 06, 2018
engrchykae:
the north cannot continue to blackmail the south with violence.
We knew the history of both Buhari and Tinubu.
Both men have no business with democracy.
Buhari disdained the entire Nigeria and toppled the second republic.
What he meant by that coup is that Nigerians are fools,he meant that he knew better than Nigeria.
He became a law to himself,finally God answered the prayer of Nigerians and babangida removed him.
Tinubu since 1999 have made himself a despot in lagos and the southwest with no respect for democracy.
Then these two rapists of democracy ganged up and told us that they will give us good government and WE AGREED.

You probably agreed but not me. There's no law that states that an individual must serve two terms. As far as party structures are concerned in Nigeria, the zoning is regional and not individual. After all the same logic was employed in kicking GEJ out.
Re: Buhari Has Run Out Of Ideas, Even Bad Ones - Junaid Mohammed by Fawklicant: 2:11pm On Jan 06, 2018
SouthEastFacts:

I am not saying they will fare well. I said Osinbanjo can never emerge Presidential Candidate when Rochas is aspiring to become one.

Using roach-ass again as a yardstick is wrong. No one takes him seriously not even in his party. They know he is not sellable not even to his own race.
Re: Buhari Has Run Out Of Ideas, Even Bad Ones - Junaid Mohammed by bejeria101(m): 2:25pm On Jan 06, 2018
Buhari and jubrin with their cousin never had ideas to start with.
Re: Buhari Has Run Out Of Ideas, Even Bad Ones - Junaid Mohammed by Olumaeme: 2:32pm On Jan 06, 2018
sarrki:
Junaid we are wiser now
If ya village man becomes president? How does it affect your personal economy?
Re: Buhari Has Run Out Of Ideas, Even Bad Ones - Junaid Mohammed by engrchykae(m): 3:27pm On Jan 06, 2018
Fawklicant:

You probably agreed but not me. There's no law that states that an individual must serve two terms. As far as party structures are concerned in Nigeria, the zoning is regional and not individual. After all the same logic was employed in kicking GEJ out.
me and you know very well how this contraption work.
Sycophancy won't allow an incumbent to withdraw from power even if the incumbent is sincere to step down.
Hawks and vultures will never allow him to step down,not because they love the incumbent but for what they stand to gain.
15million automated mumus roped sane citizens into this mess
Re: Buhari Has Run Out Of Ideas, Even Bad Ones - Junaid Mohammed by smulti(m): 3:34pm On Jan 06, 2018
sarrki:

No sire

Its the leader of ohaneze Ndi Igbo that are fools
you have resorted to name calling as against your BMC job

I could create time for you and teach you how best it's is done

the poster you quoted has the right to call buhari, his president by any name of his choice

he didn't mention Odudwa or Yoruba leaders for that matter

don't let frustration ruin your life on this BMC job

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Run Out Of Ideas, Even Bad Ones - Junaid Mohammed by Mintek: 5:15pm On Jan 06, 2018
talk2emma:

Drop your account number.... You just said it all

200 7921 603
(Zenit Bank)

Bro, I'm waitin o!
tongue
Re: Buhari Has Run Out Of Ideas, Even Bad Ones - Junaid Mohammed by Kaetoh: 6:10pm On Jan 06, 2018
sarrki:

No sire

very Funny man , go insult your northern elders who eat and bath red dusts.
Re: Buhari Has Run Out Of Ideas, Even Bad Ones - Junaid Mohammed by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 06, 2018
I see Nigeria burning, but instead of Buhari to put out the fire, he is increasing it.
Re: Buhari Has Run Out Of Ideas, Even Bad Ones - Junaid Mohammed by jeroba1(m): 6:53pm On Jan 06, 2018
aolawale025:
Talks about 2019 should cease. The man should go home and rest
bana no more ideal na true.
Re: Buhari Has Run Out Of Ideas, Even Bad Ones - Junaid Mohammed by asawanathegreat(m): 8:36pm On Jan 06, 2018
Buhari till death do us part
Re: Buhari Has Run Out Of Ideas, Even Bad Ones - Junaid Mohammed by asawanathegreat(m): 8:37pm On Jan 06, 2018
Buhari till death do APC part
Re: Buhari Has Run Out Of Ideas, Even Bad Ones - Junaid Mohammed by Splashme: 8:54pm On Jan 06, 2018
aolawale025:
Talks about 2019 should cease. The man should go home and rest
Re: Buhari Has Run Out Of Ideas, Even Bad Ones - Junaid Mohammed by DonMekino(m): 9:31pm On Jan 06, 2018
Janaanu:

Is this a tribute to your Late savior Nnamdi Kanu ( OCM)?
OBASANJO'S BBC HARDTALK: WHY IGBOS ARE ANGRY WITH NIGERIA: Response

● Copied from Francis Vitus Chinedu

My friends who are not from the East of Nigeria where Igbos come from often ask me why there is so much anger in the East and among Igbos. Some wonder why, despite the famed Igbo” wealth’ and enterprise all over Nigeria, the people still complain that Nigeria is unfair to them. Some insinuate that the anger comes from the loss of the 2015 election by Jonathan who the Igbos heavily backed.

And why is it that the current generation of Igbos are so angry as to contemplate carrying arms against the country? With lots following Nnamdi Kanu of IPOB with his secessionist message. Those not following Kanu may despise his antics and rhetoric but are sympathetic to his underlying message. And what is that message? That Igbos don’t feel wanted in Nigeria. That decades of official marginalization and discrimination should be stopped or they should be allowed to take their chances in a new nation.

First, for those who think this is all about Jonathan and Buhari. It is not. Igbos were disappointed that Jonathan did not win. But those whose candidates lose elections lick their wounds. It is allowed. It happens when your candidate loses election. Why did the Igbos invest so much emotions in Jonathan, a non-Igbo from Ijaw? It was more because of the fear of their experience in the past 50 years. Nigeria has placed an embargo on any Igbo man becoming Nigerian president and Igbos understand this.

Jonathan was the next best thing. Other parts of Nigeria have supported their sons to the presidency. Some have bombed Nigeria into submission to get their sons to Aso Rock. Igbos have little capacity to blackmail Nigeria to the presidency. They chose Jonathan as their “Igbo”. But that’s not to say that they are angry enough because he lost to contemplate going to war on his behalf. Jonathan was not really the model of a President the Igbo would go to war for. And even his Ijaw people have accepted his loss. So?

Igbo anger has been building up in Nigeria since the 70s. As kids, people made choices in other parts of Nigeria school years based on the narrative of the Igbo place in Nigeria. They knew about the glass ceiling against Igbos.

After the civil war, despite the “No winner, no vanquished” program, Nigeria placed glass ceilings and no-go areas for Igbos. The war reconstruction program was observed more in the breach. There was the “abandoned” property program that was introduced to drive a wedge between components of the former South-East Nigeria. While the country was too embarrassed to put the discrimination program down in an official gazette, it was there for anyone who cared to look. It was evident in the Igbo police officer who stayed in one position while less qualifies juniors progressed to become his bosses. It was evident when no Igbo qualified to become the Inspector General of Police, or lead any division in the armed forces. It was there when "sensitive" or "lucrative" positions were shared in Nigeria and Igbos were conspicuously absent.

It was there when Igbos were only fit enough to be made Minister of Information until Obasanjo administration came to power. And even recently, it was there when Buhari appointed 47 people to man the critical roles in his government and no one from the South east was there.

Any time there is a federal appointment in Nigeria, its usually the east that is left to shout. It was there from Buhari first term as a Military Junta to his second coming and any other time in-between.

The Igbo elite called it marginalization. Other Nigerians countered by saying no part of Nigeria was getting enough. Marginalization was universal. But they forgot something. The Igbo cry of marginalization was official policy. It was expected. It was programmed. And occasionally, key government officials let it slip that Igbos should not complain. After all, they fought a war with Nigeria. Talk about No Victor, No Vanquished. There was a Victor alright. And they were reminded of that at every turn. Every appointment. Every national project was propagated with the glass ceiling in mind to contain the Igbos.

How can any nation grow when the leaders are mandated to keep a viable component of her resources subjugated and useless because of fear and insecurity? Nigeria was only pretending. Igbos were licking their wounds and complaining and the rest of Nigeria were too busy to notice.

Go to the South-East today. Since the 70s and the oil boom. Nigeria has invested in commercial industries across the country. None has been sited in the South east. None. Refineries, Steel Plants, Cement Firms. Any Industry.

The South East was systematically de-industrialized. Even when it was the best location for any industry, there was always a reason why it should not be sited there. What this means was that any Igbo man that wanted to work in a commercial federal establishment had to leave the east. Add this to the indigenization policy of the early 70s that pushed the Igbos out of private companies. It meant that international companies also avoided expansion into the south east. The Nigerian Breweries, the Dunlop and other such firms sited their plants outside the East and only set up distribution centers to sell in the region.

This is one of the main reasons the exodus of Igbos from the zone accelerated after the war and continues to this day despite the hostility they face in certain parts of Nigeria. And why most Igbos became traders and commercial business men. Access to organized work either in the government, government commercial institutions and even commercial institutions were limited. This concerted government plan worked so well that the even Igbos began to hate themselves and hate to invest in their zone till this day.

The only industrial enterprise in the east are built by easterners; Nnewi, Aba, Onitsha. These are Igbo indigenous industrial cities. The plan was to frustrate them from investing in their zone or force them to move the industry to North or West where it can be taken from them after getting them to transfer the technology.

This has been the practice since the end of the war.
In addition to this, the Federal Government has systematically made it difficult for Easterners to do commercial business even in the East. The Federal Roads in the East are some of the worst in Nigeria. The Eastern Sea ports have been made ineffective. It was a war to get the Enugu Airport upgraded to an International Airport. The former Finance Minister shed tears on the day the first International Flight landed in Enugu. Yes, Okonjo Iwealla cried! Recently, it was only the South East that was conspicuously missing in the New Railway Plan of the Federal Government. Nigeria has 6 regions and one was missing in a national railway plan while nobody cares.

Incidentally, Igbos who reside in the east are the most itinerant in the country and would benefit most from a national transport plan. Even our President Buhari changed the plan to include his village but a major zone of the country was not included.

When you go to the east, despite the lack of federal presence, the presence of police all over the east tells a story. They mount road blocks and make it difficult to have commercial activities to run smoothly. Recently, Customs has joined. And lastly the army. It is an occupied territory. They extort money. They intimidate them by all means. They have recently started shooting and killing them.

Nigeria has made the east unlivable. They sponsor dubious governors, senators, and political leaders that take orders from the caliphate - Purposely, Carefully.

In conversations, people often accuse the east of being clannish or tribalistic. That is far from the truth. No group assimilate or blend in more than the Igbos. They claim Igbos are welcome in all parts of Nigeria, but outsiders cannot come to the East. The question is: why would anyone come to the east? To do what? There is no business to do in the east. Nigeria has ensured that. Why would someone from the South West of Nigeria go to the East to invest? No one would prevent them. But it hardly makes commercial sense. Nigeria has ensured that.

Those from the North are there in droves. Igbos love to celebrate with cows. And the cattlemen go there to sell their cattle. No one molests them. In the villages in the East, these northerners live unmolested. But those are the only people who can find commercial reason to be there!

So those who wonder why Igbos are angry, wonder no more. While most would not dare carry arms against Nigeria, don’t under estimate the level of disconnection and anger especially among the younger generation who feel hopeless and in prisoned for something they did not do.

Nigeria is made of nations that came together to form the country. No nation will like to remain in perpetual servitude or slavery. Igbos were at the forefront in the fight for Nigerian independence against Britain. If they did not allow Britain to subjugate them, they surely will not allow any local power or they may strike at the slightest opportunity at other pseudo dominating power over them.

That Nnamdi Kanu’s supporters starred down army tanks with sticks is a sign that the next generation will be ready to fight bare hands if necessary to stop Nigeria treating the Igbo nation as second-class citizens. There will be fiercer and angrier Kanus in the immediate future if Nigeria does not officially stop the “vanquished “program against the Igbos who fought the civil war.

You cannot preach *unity* and *indivisibility* of the country on TV and all your actions point to discrimination against the components of the country. It is hypocrisy. It is as dangerous as it is foolhardy.

Let those who preach unity walk the talk and stop open discrimination of their countrymen.

History has shown that you cannot decree peace. You cannot decree unity. You cannot force any group to belong to a country by force, it may work for a time. But never sustainable.

Nigeria has a lot to look forward to as a united country. It also has enough for the regions and nations that make up the country. Our diversity is a blessing. Our failure to reach our potential is caused mostly by the internal contradictions and the inability to build a fair country that can bring out the best out of her component regions.

Those who shout most about loving Nigeria today are mostly those its current unfair structure favor. But Nigeria will continue being as strong as its weakest link. And the weak links are all there to see. The East is one of the weakest links. Until it stops being a weak link, Nigeria cannot truly make progress.
Re: Buhari Has Run Out Of Ideas, Even Bad Ones - Junaid Mohammed by Ikpongiton: 9:40pm On Jan 06, 2018
sarrki:

No sire
Re: Buhari Has Run Out Of Ideas, Even Bad Ones - Junaid Mohammed by lereinter(m): 7:20am On Jan 07, 2018
all that we have been told about his competencies is nothing but lies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Edo Assembly Crisis: National Assembly Committee Arrives Benin (photos) / Buni: Police Take Over APC National Secretariat / Troway Shame, Off Cloth And Kuku Support Tinubu By Temi Dayo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.