Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,997 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Abubakar Faruk Sues Senator Goje & Daughter Fatima Over Child Custody - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abubakar Faruk Sues Senator Goje & Daughter Fatima Over Child Custody (15138 Views)

Governor Inuwa-Yahaya Nominates Husseina, Goje’s Daughter As Commissioner, Gombe / BREAKING: Senator Goje Withdraws From Senate Presidency Race, Endorses Lawan / Rahma Indimi Calls Out Mohammed Babangida Over Child Custody Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abubakar Faruk Sues Senator Goje & Daughter Fatima Over Child Custody by ijustdey: 11:07am On Jan 06, 2018
The Managing Director of Abuja Market Management Limited (AMML), Abubakar Faruk has filed a suit bordering on child custody against former governor of Gombe, Senator Danjuma Goje and his daughter, Fatima.

In the suit before a Grade 1 area court in Abuja, Faruk is seeking a court order compelling his ex-father-in-law, Goje, and his former wife, Fatima, to return his daughter from London to Nigeria to enable her continue with her studies in Nile University of Nigeria, Abuja.

He said he got married to Fatima Goje under Islamic Law on December 20, 1997 and the marriage was blessed with three children, Fatima, 18; Othman, 15 and Mohammad, 10 before they got divorced on August 31, 2014.

He said his ex-wife thereafter conspired with her father to take his daughter to London, which has put a clog on the daughter’s chance of completing her education in Nigeria as she was already a 300-level Civil Engineering student before she was taken abroad.

Faruk, a son of the first military governor of North-Western State, Alhaji Usman Faruk, is also praying the court for an order restraining the defendants from taking any of his three children outside Abuja without his consent or meddling in their affairs.

However, at the resumed hearing yesterday, counsel to the defendants, Kennedy Anoba, challenged the jurisdiction of the court to entertain the suit on the ground that since it also relates to the international passport of the plaintiff’s daughter, the court lacks the jurisdiction to hear the matter.

Faruk, had in a letter dated November 6, 2017, also urged the Comptroller General of the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) to stop the defendants from taking his daughter out of the country.

His lawyer, Mohammed Shuaib, however contended that the Gojes misconceived the matter before the court, noting that it is not basically about the withdrawal of an international passport but the protection of the plaintiff’s right to guardianship.

He added that the claim that the daughter is no more a child, having clocked the adult age of 18 is a non-issue under Islamic Law which states that until a daughter gets married, the father still maintains guardianship over her.

The judge adjourned the matter to January 25, 2017.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/son-in-law-sues-senator-goje-daughter-over-child-custody.html

Re: Abubakar Faruk Sues Senator Goje & Daughter Fatima Over Child Custody by dollyjoy(f): 2:24pm On Jan 06, 2018
I'm available incase they want someone else to take custody of please cry

11 Likes

Re: Abubakar Faruk Sues Senator Goje & Daughter Fatima Over Child Custody by igho003(m): 2:24pm On Jan 06, 2018
naija
Re: Abubakar Faruk Sues Senator Goje & Daughter Fatima Over Child Custody by Firstcitizen: 2:25pm On Jan 06, 2018
Some cases are better handled through dialogue than going to court. Anyway I don't know how bad their relationship have sunk so make I kipkwayet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abubakar Faruk Sues Senator Goje & Daughter Fatima Over Child Custody by ikson(m): 2:26pm On Jan 06, 2018
Yeye
Re: Abubakar Faruk Sues Senator Goje & Daughter Fatima Over Child Custody by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 06, 2018
Okay. smiley
Re: Abubakar Faruk Sues Senator Goje & Daughter Fatima Over Child Custody by qualityovenbake(m): 2:27pm On Jan 06, 2018
18years old girl is matured enough to decide what is best for her. The father is just delaying the inevitable. she has already made up her mind to stay in London and probably to further her education in London.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abubakar Faruk Sues Senator Goje & Daughter Fatima Over Child Custody by omobs(m): 2:28pm On Jan 06, 2018
Abeg make somebody help me go even nah ghana.i tire for naija,

1 Like

Re: Abubakar Faruk Sues Senator Goje & Daughter Fatima Over Child Custody by rawtouch: 2:28pm On Jan 06, 2018
cool

hmmm..
Re: Abubakar Faruk Sues Senator Goje & Daughter Fatima Over Child Custody by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 06, 2018
kiss

1 Like

Re: Abubakar Faruk Sues Senator Goje & Daughter Fatima Over Child Custody by Hector09(m): 2:29pm On Jan 06, 2018
U want her to bring ur daughter to Nigeria, u want her to get killed by fulani herdsmen right
Re: Abubakar Faruk Sues Senator Goje & Daughter Fatima Over Child Custody by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 06, 2018
shocked

Re: Abubakar Faruk Sues Senator Goje & Daughter Fatima Over Child Custody by ngwababe(f): 2:30pm On Jan 06, 2018
Case ndi ji ego, nothing to say biko!

2 Likes

Re: Abubakar Faruk Sues Senator Goje & Daughter Fatima Over Child Custody by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jan 06, 2018
cool

1 Like

Re: Abubakar Faruk Sues Senator Goje & Daughter Fatima Over Child Custody by Iyajelili(f): 2:31pm On Jan 06, 2018
I hate when parents are selfish that they cannot work to keep a marriage intact when children are already involved. Imagine them fighting over a lovely gift like a piece of meat, i doubt if know the effect this will have on the children.
Re: Abubakar Faruk Sues Senator Goje & Daughter Fatima Over Child Custody by millionboi2: 2:35pm On Jan 06, 2018
Shameful
Re: Abubakar Faruk Sues Senator Goje & Daughter Fatima Over Child Custody by onadana: 2:36pm On Jan 06, 2018
Islamic law ke?Just be like pigeon wey go outside drink water with sugar you say make e come back home.Taking her abroad no mean say she no longer knows her dad.
I saw my daughter as a little baby in 2003 in Europe .Fast forward till she was 14 and started asking about her dad.I saw her last year..here for Naija zoo. Bo chill she go waka come.
Re: Abubakar Faruk Sues Senator Goje & Daughter Fatima Over Child Custody by AmbAyomideMFR(m): 2:36pm On Jan 06, 2018
dollyjoy:
undecided
dollyjoy:
Re: Abubakar Faruk Sues Senator Goje & Daughter Fatima Over Child Custody by lilyheaven: 2:38pm On Jan 06, 2018
omobs:
Please come and carry me on ur way going, I need to change environment. Thank you.
Re: Abubakar Faruk Sues Senator Goje & Daughter Fatima Over Child Custody by lilyheaven: 2:40pm On Jan 06, 2018
omobs:
please come and carry me on your way going, cos I need to change environment. Thank you.
Re: Abubakar Faruk Sues Senator Goje & Daughter Fatima Over Child Custody by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 2:46pm On Jan 06, 2018
In the constitution that girl is no longer a child so the constitution is supreme in a secular state like Nigeria.If he wants the Islamic law he should take the matter to a sharia court.The girl is no more a baby so she can make her own decisions.
Re: Abubakar Faruk Sues Senator Goje & Daughter Fatima Over Child Custody by hAlexandro(m): 2:57pm On Jan 06, 2018
grin grin grin
dollyjoy:
be specific boko might coming knocking
Re: Abubakar Faruk Sues Senator Goje & Daughter Fatima Over Child Custody by Quality20(m): 3:23pm On Jan 06, 2018
that's why some guys don't wanna marry high class ladies, even if they themselves belong to high class, cos among d hi class some are still more than some
Re: Abubakar Faruk Sues Senator Goje & Daughter Fatima Over Child Custody by omobs(m): 3:28pm On Jan 06, 2018
lilyheaven:

Please come and carry me on ur way going, I need to change environment. Thank you.

Haha, we will be going through sambisa forest, and Sahara desert, Hope you no mind?
Re: Abubakar Faruk Sues Senator Goje & Daughter Fatima Over Child Custody by hotspec(m): 3:48pm On Jan 06, 2018
serves them right
Re: Abubakar Faruk Sues Senator Goje & Daughter Fatima Over Child Custody by Pavore9: 4:22pm On Jan 06, 2018
omobs:

Haha, we will be going through sambisa forest, and Sahara desert, Hope you no mind?

Routes of no return! cheesy
Re: Abubakar Faruk Sues Senator Goje & Daughter Fatima Over Child Custody by bizhop01: 6:59pm On Jan 06, 2018
The young man forget that her father get black belt
Re: Abubakar Faruk Sues Senator Goje & Daughter Fatima Over Child Custody by lilyheaven: 2:59pm On Jan 07, 2018
omobs:

I no mind, because we will be watchful.

(1) (Reply)

AFP Or Nigerian Army? Who Lied About The 30 Military Men Killed By Boko Haram?. / Verdict On Osun Governorship Election Cannot Stand - Aregbesola / Kogi Election: Natasha Akpoti Says She Will Be The First Female Gov. In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.