Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Was King James Truly Gay? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was King James Truly Gay? (1386 Views)

King James (of The KJV Bible), Was An Indigenous Black European / Why Jehovah's Witnesses Hate The King James Version / Is Your Bible A Sword Or A Butter Knife? Why You Need The King James Version (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was King James Truly Gay? by EVarn(m): 1:18pm On Jan 06, 2018
I recently stumbled across an article on King James IV and I of Scotland and England,the man who sponsored the translation of the bible into english.
The article further propelled me to conduct more research on the man who was a very vehement protestant christian in his time,I discovered that not only was the man gay(he notably had three male partners during his life time),but also an hypocrite who encouraged anti-gay laws and death penalty for homosexuals,claiming that homosexuality was a "moste unforgivable offence...".
It is really interesting that I am just coming across this piece of history for the first time,considering my rather vast reservoir(if I do say so myself) of historical knowledge.

So,I want to get more views on the matter, how many christians know about this fact?,are there any contrary record of events out there(as there are wont to be when christians are involved?.
Re: Was King James Truly Gay? by HeyCorleone(m): 1:24pm On Jan 06, 2018
So what if he was gay? How does that change anything?!
Re: Was King James Truly Gay? by EVarn(m): 1:29pm On Jan 06, 2018
HeyCorleone:
Do not mistake me, I have nothing against gays,I myself am open to both sexes.
I just want to get peoples' views on this matter,considering that most christians hold deep dislike for the subject of homosexuality.
Re: Was King James Truly Gay? by Deicide: 1:30pm On Jan 06, 2018
HeyCorleone:
Giving the fact that most christian critisize gays and see the act as disgusting and demonic?
Re: Was King James Truly Gay? by Blue3k(m): 1:37pm On Jan 06, 2018
I personally have done no research on the topic. Lets assume he is gay it would be wrong of him especially if he was using state to prosecute gays.
Re: Was King James Truly Gay? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 06, 2018
From your write up, am just hearing it for the first time.
If as alleged by you that king James was a gay yet was against the gay laws,it then means he was dying silently. He didn't open up or prayed enough. The bible rightly condemn homosexuality.
So am assuming he was dying in silence and couldn't speak out of fear and condemnation
Re: Was King James Truly Gay? by Samusu(m): 1:46pm On Jan 06, 2018
King James Version
Re: Was King James Truly Gay? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 06, 2018
I know some persons wouldn't like this but we shouldn't just condemn gays. They didn't choose to be one but were forced to be by unknown forces. They need deliverance because that is not the will of God for them. We need to show them love by grooming them with the word of God instead of castigating them. Homosexuality is controlled by a demon. If we show them love, many of them will come out of it. It's because of our attitudes that is why many of them are dying in silence.
Re: Was King James Truly Gay? by EVarn(m): 2:01pm On Jan 06, 2018
asuustrike2009:
From your write up, am just hearing it for the first time.
If as alleged by you that king James was a gay yet was against the gay laws,it then means he was dying silently. He didn't open up or prayed enough. The bible rightly condemn homosexuality.
So am assuming he was dying in silence and couldn't speak out of fear and condemnation
There are a lot of historic evidence to support the fact that he took young men into his bedchambers(including letters written to and from his lovers; do you know that he is a symbol of one of the earliest gay romance in history?),he had his first gay relationship at the age of 14 with a scottish merchant who had recently arrived from France and came to the king's court.

Yet he was openly homophobic. I dont believe he was "suffering" as you put it, he simply wanted to play his good protestant christian image.
Re: Was King James Truly Gay? by Skinnienigga(m): 2:03pm On Jan 06, 2018
Lol.

So he was gay, that's sad. But I do not see why you are looking for the opinion of Christians oh.

The man only sponsored the translation of the Bible.. No be him write am. His personal life has absolutely nothing to do with the contents of the Bible.

You just dey find story where Mata no dey.

1 Like

Re: Was King James Truly Gay? by EVarn(m): 2:06pm On Jan 06, 2018
asuustrike2009:
I know some persons wouldn't like this but we shouldn't just condemn gays. They didn't choose to be one but were forced to be by unknown forces. They need deliverance because that is not the will of God for them. We need to show them love by grooming them with the word of God instead of castigating them. Homosexuality is controlled by a demon. If we show them love, many of them will come out of it. It's because of our attitudes that is why many of them are dying in silence.
Really?, homosexuality is controlled by a demon?,do pray tell,what demon would that be?
I think it is erroneous to believe that homosexuality is some sort of spiritual affliction that needs deliverance,can you say the same for liking fat ladies or prefering older ladies?,is polygamy also a spiritual infirmity too?.
Re: Was King James Truly Gay? by EVarn(m): 2:12pm On Jan 06, 2018
Skinnienigga:
Lol.

So he was gay, that's sad. But I do not see why you are looking for the opinion of Christians oh.

The man only sponsored the translation of the Bible.. No be him write am. His personal life has absolutely nothing to do with the contents of the Bible.

You just dey find story where Mata no dey.
I assumed that christians usually take offence to anything associated with homosexuality.Discovering that the man who is responsible for the most widely read version of the bible on earth is gay must be kind of a big deal.

Moreover, I wanted to see how many christians are aware. Knowledge is continous.
Re: Was King James Truly Gay? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 06, 2018
EVarn:
Really?, homosexuality is controlled by a demon?,do pray tell,what demon would that be?
I think it is erroneous to believe that homosexuality is some sort of spiritual affliction that needs deliverance,can you say the same for liking fat ladies or prefering older ladies?,is polygamy also a spiritual infirmity too?.
Homosexuality is demonic. It's not the will of God for man. The bible made it clear in Gen 5:2, matt 19:4, mark 10:6). The Bible says that homosexuality is unnatural. Men in gay relationships have given up the natural use of the woman and women the natural use of the man. ( (Rom. 1:26-27). They have the choice to either continue or come out.

1 Like

Re: Was King James Truly Gay? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 06, 2018
EVarn:
I assumed that christians usually take offence to anything associated with homosexuality.Discovering that the man who is responsible for the most widely read version of the bible on earth is gay must be kind of a big deal.

Moreover, I wanted to see how many christians are aware. Knowledge is continous.

Were you asking to gain knowledge or just want to cos troubles for well meaning people like your father??

I have an info with me... But I need to know if the ++++ over there is asking a question or is affirming a lie
Re: Was King James Truly Gay? by Nutase: 2:25pm On Jan 06, 2018
How do you know he was gay? Was one of your ancestor among the three partners he had?
These LGBT advocates will do anything to legitimize homosexuality so watch what you read and believe.

1 Like

Re: Was King James Truly Gay? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jan 06, 2018
EVarn:
I recently stumbled across an article on King James IV and I of Scotland and England,the man who sponsored the translation of the bible into english.
The article further propelled me to conduct more research on the man who was a very vehement protestant christian in his time,I discovered that not only was the man gay(he notably had three male partners during his life time),but also an hypocrite who encouraged anti-gay laws and death penalty for homosexuals,claiming that homosexuality was a "moste unforgivable offence...".
It is really interesting that I am just coming across this piece of history for the first time,considering my rather vast reservoir(if I do say so myself) of historical knowledge.

So,I want to get more views on the matter, how many christians know about this fact?,are there any contrary record of events out there(as there are wont to be when christians are involved?.

please we need the source of this article you wrote... you don't expect us to believe a lie....

2 Likes

Re: Was King James Truly Gay? by EVarn(m): 2:37pm On Jan 06, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Homosexuality is demonic. It's not the will of God for man. The bible made it clear in Gen 5:2, matt 19:4, mark 10:6). The Bible says that homosexuality is unnatural. Men in gay relationships have given up the natural use of the woman and women the natural use of the man. ( (Rom. 1:26-27). They have the choice to either continue or come out.
Perhaps,but according to the bible, women should bow their head in public gatherings, stealing from uncircumcized pagans is not a sin, keeping of foreign slaves is accepted, prostitutes should be stoned to death, a man spilling his semen(on the floor) is a punishable offence etc...
I do not think society still observes all those laws. Moreover,they are the laws of jews.

By the way, where is it stated in the bible that demons cause homosexuality.
Re: Was King James Truly Gay? by EVarn(m): 2:39pm On Jan 06, 2018
Ferisidowu:

Were you asking to gain knowledge or just want to cos troubles for well meaning people like your father??

I have an info with me... But I need to know if the ++++ over there is asking a question or is affirming a lie

1. I asked to gain more perspective on the matter.

2. I am amused, do you profess to know my father?, if so, feel free to share any information you might have.
Re: Was King James Truly Gay? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 06, 2018
EVarn:

1. I asked to gain more perspective on the matter.

2. I am amused, do you profess to know my father?, if so, feel free to share any information you might have.

please give the source of your topic and let's continue from there

1 Like

Re: Was King James Truly Gay? by EVarn(m): 2:47pm On Jan 06, 2018
Nutase:
How do you know he was gay? Was one of your ancestor among the three partners he had?
These LGBT advocates will do anything to legitimize homosexuality so watch what you read and believe.
The beauty of the internet is that those who can't afford to buy books can easily access informations,by reading onnet or downloading software manuscripts.

I am not begging you to believe me, I don't care eitherway. If you are a little bit intelligent,you will go make some basic research yourself, that is the point of this thread, to enlighten intelligent people.

Please feel free not to comment here until you have made a cursory visit to the internet's vast information pool.

If you want, I can recommend some books for you to read,then you can make a more logical conclusion.
Re: Was King James Truly Gay? by EVarn(m): 3:03pm On Jan 06, 2018
Ferisidowu:

please give the source of your topic and let's continue from there
I didnt get my deductions from one article, I took the effort to download books, if you are serious about finding your own conclusions(not just trying to find faults) then I strongly recommend that you locate these works online:

King James and the history of Homosexuality by Michael B. Young

Letters of King James I & IV, G.P.V Akrigg

Royal family, Royal lovers; King James of England and Scotland by David Bergeron

Royal Panoply, Brief lives of the English monarchs, Carolly Erickson

Please try to get one or two of those works and dedicate your time to read through, it will prove very interesting.
Re: Was King James Truly Gay? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 06, 2018
EVarn:
I didnt get my deductions from one article, I took the effort to download books, if you are serious about finding your own conclusions(not just trying to find faults) then I strongly recommend that you locate these works online:

King James and the history of Homosexuality by Michael B. Young

Letters of King James I & IV, G.P.V Akrigg

Royal family, Royal lovers; King James of England and Scotland by David Bergeron

Royal Panoply, Brief lives of the English monarchs, Carolly Erickson

Please try to get one or two of those works and dedicate your time to read through, it will prove very interesting.

Thanks
Re: Was King James Truly Gay? by danvon(m): 4:10pm On Jan 06, 2018
King James was not gay he was handicapped with weak limbs and he usually leaned on subjects, that doesn't make him gay
The letters he wrote doesn't prove he was gay using the word 'love' doesn't equal gay those critics will also claim Jesus was gay with John, David was gay with Jonathan
Rubbish lies
Re: Was King James Truly Gay? by Nutase: 4:29pm On Jan 06, 2018
EVarn:
The beauty of the internet is that those who can't afford to buy books can easily access informations,by reading onnet or downloading software manuscripts.

I am not begging you to believe me, I don't care eitherway. If you are a little bit intelligent,you will go make some basic research yourself, that is the point of this thread, to enlighten intelligent people.

Please feel free not to comment here until you have made a cursory visit to the internet's vast information pool.

If you want, I can recommend some books for you to read,then you can make a more logical conclusion.
who wrote the books that are confusing you? These same LgBT advocates. Be careful what you digest on the net Mr. Intelligent.
Re: Was King James Truly Gay? by budaatum: 4:54pm On Jan 06, 2018
King James gay claim rejected
31st July 2000

SCOTTISH historians yesterday hit out at claims by a leading American expert that King James VI of Scotland was openly homosexual.

In a new book on the life of King James VI and I, Professor Michael Young, of Illinois Wesleyan University, says the king was unabashedly gay.

He said the Stuart king, whose version of the Bible is frequently quoted for its denunciation of homosexuality, lusted after the young men of his court.

He believes James's sexuality endangered both the monarchy and the English political system.

But Professor Young's views are in direct contrast to those of Scottish historians.

They feel James, who became the first king of both Scotland and England after the Union of the Crowns in 1603, was wrongly identified as being gay because he used the flowery language which was fashionable at the time.

Mr Archie McKerracher, an expert on Scottish history from Stirling, said it was unlikely James's sexuality had political repercussions.

He said: ''It has been hinted at before that King James VI was homosexual but it is unlikely he was actually a practising homosexual.

''Had he been open about his sexual orientation then it would have been more widely reported.

''It is true he had close relationships with some of the younger men of the court but it is impossible to tell if that went into the bedroom.

''I think he may have preferred the company of these young men more because he himself was very unattractive.

''He had a very difficult up-bringing after his mother's death and probably felt a little uncomfortable around women - but it does not mean he was homosexual.''

Dr Grant Simpson, an honorary reader of history at Aberdeen University, said: ''Who knows what happened behind the bedroom door? He did have seven children, the last at the age of 50 years old.''
Re: Was King James Truly Gay? by budaatum: 5:02pm On Jan 06, 2018
King James Homosexual, From Earliest Teens to His Death & Burial Tomb!

King James Homosexual:

The Bible, most popularly known by it's King James Translation was ordered into the English language during the early 1600s. The interesting part is King James was 100% certified homosexual.

King James Homosexual, nicknamed affectionately: "Queen James", by his closest subjects including in a official capacity by "Sir Walter Raleigh".

In fact most of the verses that Christians attribute in the bible to be anti-homosexual didn't appear until 1946, when someone came along and revised the King James Version of the bible into modern English.

In fact there are many (about 26 condemnations of homosexuality) in the original Greek New testament with several in the Hebrew texts as well.

It wasn't until about 100 years after the church stopped performing gay marriages that "English" translations stopped deliberately mistranslating the texts to ignore homosexuality.

Source

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was King James Truly Gay? by budaatum: 5:15pm On Jan 06, 2018
EVarn:
but also an hypocrite who encouraged anti-gay laws and death penalty for homosexuals,claiming that homosexuality was a "moste unforgivable offence...".
There seems to be sufficient research suggesting King James 1 was gay.
I found no evidence for the above however. There seems to exist much more to the contrary.

King James Homosexual, addressing the Privy Council wrote:

"I, James, am neither a god nor an angel, but a man like any other. Therefore I act like a man and confess to loving those dear to me more than other men.

You may be sure, that I love the Earl of Buckingham more than anyone else, and more than you who are here assembled.

I wish to speak in my own behalf and not to have it thought to be a defect,

For Jesus Christ did the same, and therefore I cannot be blamed. Christ had John, and I have George.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was King James Truly Gay? by EVarn(m): 5:22pm On Jan 06, 2018
budaatum:
There seems to be sufficient research suggesting King James 1 was gay.
I found no evidence for the above however. There seems to exist much more to the contrary.

King James Homosexual, addressing the Privy Council wrote:

"I, James, am neither a god nor an angel, but a man like any other. Therefore I act like a man and confess to loving those dear to me more than other men.

You may be sure, that I love the Earl of Buckingham more than anyone else, and more than you who are here assembled.

I wish to speak in my own behalf and not to have it thought to be a defect,

For Jesus Christ did the same, and therefore I cannot be blamed. Christ had John, and I have George.
In a letter to judges of England, he urged them not to exercise any restraint in punishing homosexuals, for he considered it an unforgivable offence.
Re: Was King James Truly Gay? by budaatum: 6:31pm On Jan 06, 2018
EVarn:
In a letter to judges of England, he urged them not to exercise any restraint in punishing homosexuals, for he considered it an unforgivable offence.
There are numerous refs in one of the links I posted above that do not agree with your point. They in fact stand in opposition to the above and refer to him finding love for same genders to be historical and therefore natural.

Please post link to where he said as you claim.

1 Like

Re: Was King James Truly Gay? by Biodun556(m): 12:59am On Mar 11
Re: Was King James Truly Gay? by Kobojunkie: 1:05am On Mar 11
EVarn:
■ So,I want to get more views on the matter, how many christians know about this fact?,are there any contrary record of events out there(as there are wont to be when christians are involved?.
Lol....🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Was King James Truly Gay? by Kobojunkie: 7:38pm On Mar 14
From your write up, am just hearing it for the first time. If as alleged by you that king James was a gay yet was against the gay laws,it then means he was dying silently. He didn't open up or prayed enough. The bible rightly condemn homosexuality. So am assuming he was dying in silence and couldn't speak out of fear and condemnation
Dying silently? You mean like the present King Charles, an adulterer from his youth, was equally dying silently? Why many of una dey like reason like zombies for Pete's sake? shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Age Spirituality: Using Subliminal, Affirmations And Mantras To Manifest / Meet The Man Who Composed Most Songs Sang In Catholic Church In Nigeria / In Your Dream If You See Yourself In The Village, You Need To Do This Without Wa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.