Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,358 members, 7,846,554 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

When Will The Apc Hold Its National Convention? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Will The Apc Hold Its National Convention? (536 Views)

APC Releases New Timetable For Primaries, National Convention / PDP Shuts Out Atiku From Voting At National Convention (leadership) / NEW VIDEO: Obiano Supporters Mock APC, Hold Procession In Agulueri With Casket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will The Apc Hold Its National Convention? by KwoiZabo(m): 4:20pm On Jan 06, 2018
ARTICLE 25: A.i Of the APC Constitution States "The National Convention of the Party shall be held once in Two (2) years at a date, venue and time to be recommended by the National Working Committee and approved by the National Executive Committee subject to the giving of the statutory notices to the Independent National Electoral Commission and at least fourteen (14) days notice given to members eligible to attend".
Recently, in response to the Party's criticism of the PDP's National convention, The National Publicity Secretary of the PDP Mr. Kola Ologbodiyan stated that the APC violates everything including its own constitution.
Why is the APC yet to hold its National convention?
The Last time the Party held a National Convention was on Dec. 2014 and since then the ruling Party is yet to hold any form of meeting at the National level.
If I am to answer the question my best 3 guesses would be:
First. APC knows that it has never been a Party Ab-Initio, just a conglomeration of Power mongers to wrestle Power from the then Jonathan administration and any form of Meeting at that level will reveal how dysfunctional their union is.
Second. Funding: Running a political party requires funding and indeed the Party has Money. It holds power at the centre, controls Lagos & Kano etc but the Issue here is who brings what and to what end. Since its members have selfish interests, it will be difficult to bring them together for a common interest.
Third. Which I consider the most important is to delay the gale of defection that will greet the party when a leadership crisis ensues. An elected Member of the party constitutionally cannot cross-carpet except for reasons like leadership crisis that is why an Atiku can easily walk away but a Kwankwaso or Shehu Sani cannot. Every where you turn in the party you find crisis. Kano, Kaduna, Kogi, SW block, Rivers etc. Recently I watched a comedy skip where Sen. Dino was making mockery of the Buhari administration. With all these any form of convention will throw the party in disarray so they are just kicking the can down the road and postponing their doomsday.

Finally, you all know that for me to create such a topic, I am not a friend of the party but I cannot run away from the fact that it is the ruling party and its good health or otherwise has a direct bearing on the lives of ordinary Nigerians.

All well meaning Nigerians should put pressure on the ruling party to obey its own constitution and hold a National convention ASAP.

Thank You

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Will The Apc Hold Its National Convention? by Sprumbabafather: 4:21pm On Jan 06, 2018
When dogs start to fly grin
Re: When Will The Apc Hold Its National Convention? by engineerboat(m): 4:23pm On Jan 06, 2018
When we have enough ancestral APC members.

The dead must vote and be voted for
Re: When Will The Apc Hold Its National Convention? by IamGoke(m): 4:26pm On Jan 06, 2018
May be in 2019..
Re: When Will The Apc Hold Its National Convention? by KwoiZabo(m): 4:39pm On Jan 06, 2018
engineerboat:
When we have enough ancestral APC members.

The dead must vote and be voted for
lol
Re: When Will The Apc Hold Its National Convention? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 06, 2018
APC is not a political party.. is a the coming together of pain thieves to loot the country.

only to be disappointed.

how thieves fit take agree..
convention will be the end of the party.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Will The Apc Hold Its National Convention? by uwa1(m): 5:56pm On Jan 06, 2018
How can dey do dat when their house is not settled.... Confused party...

(1) (Reply)

What Wizkid Told Me – Senate President, Bukola Saraki / See The Fulani Alert I Got On Whatsapp, should I be worried? / Buhari’s Aide, Kawu Declares For Kano South Senatorial Seat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.