Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

You Betrayed Democracy, Promoted Genocide’ – Former Senator Bombs Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Betrayed Democracy, Promoted Genocide’ – Former Senator Bombs Buhari (2154 Views)

Shehu Sani: EFCC Gets Order To Detain Former Senator For 14 Days / APC House Of Assembly Candidates To South-East Leaders: ‘You Betrayed Our Trust’ / ACF, Afenifere, Ohanaeze, PANDEF, Others React As Obasanjo Bombs Buhari Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Betrayed Democracy, Promoted Genocide’ – Former Senator Bombs Buhari by OKDnigeria: 10:58pm On Jan 06, 2018
Former Nigeria’s High Commissioner to Canada and second Republic senator, Prof. Iyorwuese Hagher, has literarily torn President Muhammadu Buhari apart over his loud silence on the ongoing killing of citizens he swore to protect across the country.

Hagher, who is now President African Leadership Institute USA, in an open letter addressed to Buhari, averred that the president has betrayed the nation’s democracy and is promoting genocide.

The former minister said Buhari’s body language was a clear indication that he is in support of the pogrom going on in the country.

His letter reads.

Your Excellency Mr. President,

YOU HAVE BETRAYED DEMOCRACY AND PROMOTED GENOCIDE

I would have loved to wish you a happy new year, but I am not a hypocrite. I am not happy and nobody in Benue is happy today, because many of our citizens did not have a happy new 2018. Genocide on citizens of Nigeria has escalated in earnest in Benue State. This genocide has turned their happiness to nightmare and death. Let me also apologize for making this letter public. It is not in my character. In this case there is an emergency and urgency, which cannot wait.

I am pained that you ignored my advice in my private memorandum to you dated 30th July 2016. I had warned you of the possibility of a horrendous genocide in Benue, Plateau, Taraba, Southern Kaduna, and Southern Adamawa States. I asked you to be proactive and stop the genocide that has been ongoing but which would burst out in the open and shock the world within 18 months. Your office replied my letter on September, 28th 2016, and the reply was couriered to me in the United States, thanking me “immensely” and giving me the assurances that the advice would be heeded.

With the current situation on ground, I regret to now inform you that it is seventeen months since my warning and prediction and your government did nothing to pre-empt or prevent the genocide. The nomadic terrorists have finally accelerated the ethnic cleansing in Benue State. They have strategically moved against the Tiv, the largest minority ethnicity in northern Nigeria. These perpetrators believe that if they can ethnic cleanse the Tiv, then nobody can stand in their way to possess the land and carve a new geo-polity and demography for the middle-belt.

Now that you have allowed the genocide in the Middle Belt to go on unimpeded you have betrayed your campaign promise to Nigerians that your government ‘‘will always act in time and not allow problems to irresponsibly fester’’.

In allowing the Benue genocide to take place your government has acted irresponsibly and has allowed problems to fester and failed to act on time. You have also failed to lead from the front; giving the impression that centrifugal forces around you are dictating vicious anti-people agenda!

Mr. President, the protection of lives and property of the citizens is more important than your war against corruption! The protection of lives of citizens is the most sacred responsibility of the state and your presidency. Your government has failed woefully in this regard. Mr President there is no greater corruption than the government looking the other way while the strong bullies and kills the weak with impunity and pleasure!

Your Excellency, in your passion (monomania, I think!) to rid the country of corruption, you have totally ignored nation building and ended up with a very divided country. You have failed your immediate Northern constituency by your inability, failure or lack of the political will to end northern poverty through measures that enhance school enrolment, promote girl-child education, and revive dead industries. You became Nigeria’s president on the altar of northern unity when the northern minorities abandoned President Goodluck Jonathan to vote for you. You have now desecrated that altar. By refusing to arrest those that brutally butchered defenseless innocent Benue women and children, you have imperiled northern unity and taken sides with evil.

Many Nigerians think you have failed the country by the lack of a clear vision and a lack of capacity to provide needed infrastructure and a composite holistic development; more significantly, they think you have failed to institute a political culture of integrity. You are often compared with the lone King Sisyphus of Ephyra who was punished by the gods to roll an immense border up the hill, only to watch it roll back down, then condemned to repeat the same rolling action forever. This is the picture people have in mind of your war against endemic corruption. You honestly deserve pity and prayers, but certainly not support for a second term.

Nobody can deny that you still have a horde of admirers, which still look up to you with great admiration; however, the Benue genocide seriously questions your integrity, and your capacity to lead a plural modern state. Is there a rule of law in this country? Why does the Miyetti Allah act with so much impunity? Is this because this terrorist group claims you as their life patron? Do not accept the clamor of those who for their personal political reasons urge you to contest in the 2019 election to be a second term president! Mr. President, please rise above the impression being given that you are just another power obsessed and hungry politician!

Step aside and open the political space for another person to continue your war against corruption with a more comprehensive development program that Nigeria needs and deserves. For now, modernize infrastructure and try to banish poverty. And while your party campaigns for 2019, take a sabbatical from partisanship and build national unity, good governance and concentrate on getting rid of Boko Haram and the Herdsmen Terrorists. After all, great people are not great for winning elections; rather they are known to be great by the legacy they leave behind. With what legacy do you wish the country to remember you for? It is unfortunate that family members of those that were hacked to death will remember you as the genocide president!
Your Excellency Mr. President,

I remain respectfully Sir,
Prof. Iyorwuese Hagher. Ph.D. OON. FSONTA, FIMC, CMC.

http://dailypost.ng/2018/01/06/betrayed-nigerias-democracy-promoted-genocide-former-senator-bombs-buhari-open-letter/amp/

2 Likes

Re: You Betrayed Democracy, Promoted Genocide’ – Former Senator Bombs Buhari by madridguy(m): 10:59pm On Jan 06, 2018
Ok
Re: You Betrayed Democracy, Promoted Genocide’ – Former Senator Bombs Buhari by bedspread: 11:05pm On Jan 06, 2018
Hm..
PMB post office box should be full by Now....The Letters are Beyond Counting right now

10 Likes

Re: You Betrayed Democracy, Promoted Genocide’ – Former Senator Bombs Buhari by IamGoke(m): 11:05pm On Jan 06, 2018
Alright
Re: You Betrayed Democracy, Promoted Genocide’ – Former Senator Bombs Buhari by lordimmaogidi(m): 11:12pm On Jan 06, 2018
hmmmmm well articulated ...Buhari is a curse...but that serves the north central well,for supporting these marauder in 2015

8 Likes

Re: You Betrayed Democracy, Promoted Genocide’ – Former Senator Bombs Buhari by nnachukz(m): 11:14pm On Jan 06, 2018
Buhari has nothing good to offer this country. He has done nothing to better the life of Nigerians. Now we are decreasing in population than he met us.

Can any of the buhari supporters show us pictures of any infrastructural project he initiated and completed within his two tenures (1984 and now).

Blind support is a terrible disease to someone who claims to be a patriot and educated.

13 Likes

Re: You Betrayed Democracy, Promoted Genocide’ – Former Senator Bombs Buhari by kings09(m): 11:16pm On Jan 06, 2018
madridguy:
Ok
Hagher is ipob ba? grin

4 Likes

Re: You Betrayed Democracy, Promoted Genocide’ – Former Senator Bombs Buhari by Penalty82(m): 11:22pm On Jan 06, 2018
Buhari I wonder how your end will be.

5 Likes

Re: You Betrayed Democracy, Promoted Genocide’ – Former Senator Bombs Buhari by delugajackson: 11:34pm On Jan 06, 2018
Not just that, he stole our future. Himself and his band of looters and pillagers.

Please incorporate that into the list.

3 Likes

Re: You Betrayed Democracy, Promoted Genocide’ – Former Senator Bombs Buhari by Vicboi1(m): 11:42pm On Jan 06, 2018
Buhari is cursed with failure

3 Likes

Re: You Betrayed Democracy, Promoted Genocide’ – Former Senator Bombs Buhari by fergie001: 11:47pm On Jan 06, 2018

“Let the president respect himself and retire quietly. Coming out to talk of 2019 is insulting not only to those who voted him to power but to all Nigerians.
There are so many problems confronting the people and he should be thinking of what to do about them. For second term, he must be a joker.([/b]Cardinal Okogie)

[b]
"Buhari has run out of ideas,even bad ones
"--Junaid Mohammed

"Who amongst us can in good conscience say in the market place that you won the last election on pure merit and that no substantial government funding went into your campaigns."
The quality of your appointees in recent time points to how directionless your government has finally become. In a country overflowing with so many amazing brains and talents, it is incredibly shameful that those are your best representatives for our country. The easiest way for a leader to fail is to continue to attract those much worse than himself.
" (Dele Momodu)

You have failed your immediate Northern constituency by your inability, failure or lack of the political will to end northern poverty through measures that enhance school enrolment, promote girl-child education, and revive dead industries.
"You honestly deserve pity and prayers, but certainly not support for a second term.".
......(Professor Hagher)

Nigerians knows this Government has failed woefully.
Nigerians can forgive executive docility and ineptitude but for these fulani "freedom fighters",ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

My question to Ortom is this: If President Buhari gets a second term, would there be human beings left alive in Benue?(Reno)
Nigerians should also answer that question...

The greatest trick the Devil pulled was convincing the world there was only one of him.(D.W)

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Betrayed Democracy, Promoted Genocide’ – Former Senator Bombs Buhari by onward4life(m): 11:50pm On Jan 06, 2018
Bull hari means Cup Jaw in my Slanguage!
Re: You Betrayed Democracy, Promoted Genocide’ – Former Senator Bombs Buhari by mybestlove(m): 2:39am On Jan 07, 2018
Buhari is a blood sucking Islamist demon. His legacies are obvious. History has taken note for the future generations to come.

Those that lured us to voting him into office should be clothed in shame right now.

Look at how Nigerians are being butchered like useless animals under his reign and he says nothing.

He valued his life and spent our resources to be alive but keeps quite while a citizen butchers fellow citizens.
Shameful indeed

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Betrayed Democracy, Promoted Genocide’ – Former Senator Bombs Buhari by agbangam: 6:17am On Jan 07, 2018
mybestlove:
Buhari is a blood sucking Islamist demon. His legacies are obvious. History has taken note for the future generations to come.

Those that lured us to voting him into office should be clothed in shame right now.

Look at how Nigerians are being butchered like useless animals under his reign and he says nothing.

He valued his life and spent our resources to be alive but keeps quite while a citizen butchers fellow citizens.
Shameful indeed

before d middle of d year, PMB would have ended d senseless killing been carried out by his tribesmen just d way he degraded BH. Guess what?? He will still win 2019 election by large margin, bro 4get all dis social media talk, many on social media don't come out to vote.

1 Like

Re: You Betrayed Democracy, Promoted Genocide’ – Former Senator Bombs Buhari by Nobody: 7:43am On Jan 07, 2018
Many a letter for the sadist in Aso rock

"Nigeria once a nation now an abattoir" Reno Omokiri 2017
Re: You Betrayed Democracy, Promoted Genocide’ – Former Senator Bombs Buhari by Beress(m): 7:53am On Jan 07, 2018
Buhari na idiotic cow na

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: You Betrayed Democracy, Promoted Genocide’ – Former Senator Bombs Buhari by pauljumbo: 7:55am On Jan 07, 2018
Buhari is the weakest president in the history of Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Betrayed Democracy, Promoted Genocide’ – Former Senator Bombs Buhari by lastmessenger: 8:16am On Jan 07, 2018
Buhari has lost the electorate from Taraba, Benue,Adamawa,southern Kaduna, the entire south east and south South and 55% of south west . As his reputation keep going down as the most docile president, I'm convinced he will loose more of his supporters

4 Likes

Re: You Betrayed Democracy, Promoted Genocide’ – Former Senator Bombs Buhari by Kingspin(m): 8:23am On Jan 07, 2018
Some have to believe that the country is a failure from their grave..
Re: You Betrayed Democracy, Promoted Genocide’ – Former Senator Bombs Buhari by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:30am On Jan 07, 2018
nnachukz:
Buhari has nothing good to offer this country. He has done nothing to better the life of Nigerians. Now we are decreasing in population than he met us.

Can any of the buhari supporters show us pictures of any infrastructural project he initiated and completed within his two tenures (1984 and now).

Blind support is a terrible disease to someone who claims to be a patriot and educated.
That's why I always tell them that there's a big difference between love for President and love for country

2 Likes

Re: You Betrayed Democracy, Promoted Genocide’ – Former Senator Bombs Buhari by Omeokachie: 8:34am On Jan 07, 2018
" great people are not great for winning elections; rather they are known to be great by the legacy they leave behind."

" These perpetrators believe that if they can ethnic cleanse the Tiv, then nobody can stand in their way to possess the land and carve a new geo-polity and demography for the middle-belt."

It is coming south...

Their evil agenda is real. Open your eyes people!

The danger is real!

1 Like

Re: You Betrayed Democracy, Promoted Genocide’ – Former Senator Bombs Buhari by qualityovenbake(m): 8:35am On Jan 07, 2018
ok
Re: You Betrayed Democracy, Promoted Genocide’ – Former Senator Bombs Buhari by Xtopher123(m): 8:56am On Jan 07, 2018
With all due respect I for one would want to see Buhari disgraced..

Before or even after the Elections.. We warned Nigerians but they never listened..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Betrayed Democracy, Promoted Genocide’ – Former Senator Bombs Buhari by GMBuhari: 8:59am On Jan 07, 2018
So Governors empowered cultists by hiring them for elections

It's Buhari's fault

Fulani herdsmen on rampage killing and maiming people

We should blame Buhari as well

What happened to the Police force and Nigerian army isn't their motorcycle to serve and protect? Why do we always blame Buhari?

I read Buhari was in a meeting with IG of police and top security analysts yesterday trying to figure out how to deal with the madness here and there, if that's not enough response, what else do you want Buhari to do? To sympathize on National TV or tweet his disappointments

You called Trump a Twitter president are you trying to make one out of Buhari?

1 Like

Re: You Betrayed Democracy, Promoted Genocide’ – Former Senator Bombs Buhari by TheNobleProphet: 9:06am On Jan 07, 2018
A man who once truncated democracy is now "a democratically elected president"! Shameful!

I guess this can only happen in Naija!
Re: You Betrayed Democracy, Promoted Genocide’ – Former Senator Bombs Buhari by yaki84: 9:23am On Jan 07, 2018
GMBuhari:

It's Buhari's fault

What happened to the Police force and Nigerian army isn't their motorcycle to serve and protect? Why do we always blame Buhari?

I read Buhari was in a meeting with IG of police and top security analysts yesterday trying to figure out how to deal with the madness here and there, if that's not enough response, what else do you want Buhari to do? To sympathize on National TV or tweet his disappointments

You called Trump a Twitter president are you trying to make one out of Buhari?
what did gej did that u lots accused him of being clueless?

U wanted gej to arm himself then take a bike to sambisa n start calling out shekau as a commando u voted for right?

If all the blame was on gej desk,from fuel scarcity, oduahgate, bokoharam n other ills that accompanied his tenure, did buhari swore to a diff constitution that absolce him of any ills during his tenure?

1 Like

Re: You Betrayed Democracy, Promoted Genocide’ – Former Senator Bombs Buhari by GMBuhari: 9:53am On Jan 07, 2018
yaki84:

what did gej did that u lots accused him of being clueless?

U wanted gej to arm himself then take a bike to sambisa n start calling out shekau as a commando u voted for right?

If all the blame was on gej desk,from fuel scarcity, oduahgate, bokoharam n other ills that accompanied his tenure, did buhari swore to a diff constitution that absolce him of any ills during his tenure?

What gej did? Is that a rhetoric question?

First of all he admitted knowing boko haram
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/3360-boko-haram-has-infiltrated-my-government-says-jonathan.html/amp all he had to do was and remove those members from power, but he was too afraid or too stupid to know how to go about it

Chibok girls kidnap, Jonathan was dancing azonto at a campaign he did not believe the news for 3 days or of he believed it, he did not react to it until the third day before anything was said his excuse was that the government was confirming the incident

Thirdly USA, UK, Israel I think sent military to assist with the war on boko haram after successfully bombing the UN building, and with the malicious kidnap of 286 girls, they even offered to train Nigerian soldiers, provide satellite imagery, and other tactical supports including airstrikes, and they'd been arriving with equipments and stuffs

http://www.nationalturk.com/en/nigeria-abducted-schoolgirlsus-seals-in-nigeria-for-boko-haram-operation-breaking-news-50347/

It was rumored these teams found links to alleged politician in Jonathan's cabinet and moves were made to arrest this person by the combination of US and Nigerian army suddenly Bros Clueless canceled all relations and sent them back

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/172178-nigeria-cancels-u-s-military-training-relations-nations-worsen.html/amp

I REMEMBER SOME brain dead fagssss from a particular area said boko haram is a Nigerian problem and will be dealt with in a Nigerian way, they insisted USA came to take over and control our crude oil, that USA never helps for free, some of the comments I have them saved and it's in my cloud and guess what just like that pfffff help was gone

Then came issue of weapon when Dasuki was feeding fat on monies for security , your tingod went to collaborate with a militant and a guy man pastor they took huge currencies in a private jet under false pretense of wanting to buy weapons from another country because USA refused to sell , the army could have brokered the deal with Israel, Russia, even Ukraine despite being in a bad shape then would have sold weapons to Nigeria through the army but no, a private jet, guyman pastor and militant went to oversee the deal for weapons that'll be used by Nigerian Army

Is that enough reasons or you want more?

As for scarcity of fuel it was constant as female period in Jonathan's administration they had his mumu button they pressed it anyhow and anywhere so much that at least 5 of the so called marketers who collected billions in subsidy did not have an existing address or office, nothing was real , nothing existed just a name and bank account , I think one of them from the north was sentenced early last year

Bottom line so many things he could have done right, he didn't because he was clueless, afraid and unfit for the post he held

The only thing he did right is sharing money and look where we are today?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Betrayed Democracy, Promoted Genocide’ – Former Senator Bombs Buhari by ManirBK: 10:00am On Jan 07, 2018
bedspread:
Hm..
PMB post office box should be full by Now....The Letters are Beyond Counting right now

1 Like

Re: You Betrayed Democracy, Promoted Genocide’ – Former Senator Bombs Buhari by dynicks(m): 10:28am On Jan 07, 2018
in a low tone.....BMCrew how market?...

Re: You Betrayed Democracy, Promoted Genocide’ – Former Senator Bombs Buhari by dreamworld: 12:06pm On Jan 07, 2018
Kai
Re: You Betrayed Democracy, Promoted Genocide’ – Former Senator Bombs Buhari by HegenIkomkeh(m): 1:00pm On Jan 07, 2018
GMBuhari:

It's Buhari's fault

Mr man,who is the commander-in-chief?

when a president is silent over the slaying of his people what does that suggest to you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Betrayed Democracy, Promoted Genocide’ – Former Senator Bombs Buhari by yaki84: 1:09pm On Jan 07, 2018
@gmbuhari, u just made me understand that reading n writing doesn't make one literate or knowledgable, u ended up exposing ur foolishness n illiteracy in an uncommon proportion.

Gej was bad infact foolish n clueless n unfit to lead even a class, but anything that happened he accepted responsibilities of it. We blamed him for the good, bad n ugly situations that happened during his time, even blamed him for govrs unablement to pay salaries even when we know fg n state govt r diff entity.
But the same things we blame gej for, fools like u r saying we shouldnt blame buhari. Why?

That is the question i asked, didnt say u shud reeled out gej's achievement for me.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wike Under Fire Over Comment On 2019 Elections / Alaafin’s Sons Secure APC, PDP Reps Ticket / Peter Obi: Why The South East PDP Leaders Are Angry - Thisday Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.