Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,173 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

States' Commissioners Of Police; Why Are They Posted From Other States? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / States' Commissioners Of Police; Why Are They Posted From Other States? (402 Views)

State Police: Why Nigerians Should Not Be Excited Yet – Fani-kayode / Lagos, Kwara, Kogi Other States Get New Commissioners Of Police / Police: Why Thugs Overpowered Us, Gained Entrance Into Senate And Stole The Mace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

States' Commissioners Of Police; Why Are They Posted From Other States? by mybestlove(m): 2:55am On Jan 07, 2018
I have been wondering the criteria behind the appointments of state commissioners of police in Nigeria. As an Eastern, the one in my state is from Jigawa state. I think it shouldn't be so. For instance, if the commissioner of police in Benue is from Benue, he will protect his people better than a commissioner from Katsina.
This is one of the indicators in the urgent need for restructuring of Nigeria. The status quo today doesn't give confidence to these appointments. We heard the Fulani IGP saying that Benue killing is as a result of communal violence. Obviously, he is defending his people.
Re: States' Commissioners Of Police; Why Are They Posted From Other States? by iambijo(m): 6:24am On Jan 07, 2018
If commissioners are posted to their state origin don't you think they won't be making nepotic decisions, Who told you that IG of police is fulani ? so now nupe is same tribe as fulani abi ?

(1) (Reply)

Senator Shehu Sani Blast Mallam Nasir El-rufai, Exposes Bad APC Members As He Pr / Challenge For Buhari Supporters And "Haters" / Court Grants EFCC Permission To Confiscate Ikoyi Property.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.