Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,080 members, 7,859,912 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 09:18 PM

Why Babangida’s 2011 Aspiration May Fail - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Babangida’s 2011 Aspiration May Fail (6577 Views)

…babangida Defends Buhari / SUPPORT Gen Buhari"s Presidential Aspiration Come 2015 / Soludo And His Anambra Governorship Aspiration! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Babangida’s 2011 Aspiration May Fail by Fhemmmy: 5:46pm On Apr 09, 2010
nex:

IBB again abi? Let's see how he'll do it.

Never dare a general . . . tongue
Re: Why Babangida’s 2011 Aspiration May Fail by Kobojunkie: 5:47pm On Apr 09, 2010
Fhemmmy:

He does not need mad people to vote for him . . . Nigerians have a price and that man knows how to make it happen.

I am afraid you are right!
Re: Why Babangida’s 2011 Aspiration May Fail by Fhemmmy: 5:49pm On Apr 09, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I am afraid you are right!

So sad, that is why the likes of them are still allowed to walk freely amongst us.
Re: Why Babangida’s 2011 Aspiration May Fail by mamagee3(f): 5:51pm On Apr 09, 2010
Why can't these people just go out of the spotlight? angry
We've heard enough of them, Let's read some real news.
Re: Why Babangida’s 2011 Aspiration May Fail by Fhemmmy: 5:53pm On Apr 09, 2010
mama-gee:

The best news now about Nigeria is 2011 and these are the people that are trying to rule us, and you want a real news?
BTW . . these people enjoys the spotlight and we are the one giving them the opportunity not to fade away
Re: Why Babangida’s 2011 Aspiration May Fail by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 09, 2010
am lipsrsealed
Re: Why Babangida’s 2011 Aspiration May Fail by CrudeOil2(m): 6:01pm On Apr 09, 2010
"Nigerians have a price"
What do you mean?
Re: Why Babangida’s 2011 Aspiration May Fail by Nobody: 6:03pm On Apr 09, 2010
mama-gee:

he has machinery to keep him in the spotlight,thanks to the media and NL
Re: Why Babangida’s 2011 Aspiration May Fail by Fhemmmy: 6:05pm On Apr 09, 2010
~Bluetooth:

he has machinery to keep him in the spotlight,thanks to the media and NL

And that machinery is being greased with all that is needed
Re: Why Babangida’s 2011 Aspiration May Fail by okwuonu: 6:14pm On Apr 09, 2010
I'll suggest the veil genuis lobbies for a ministerial position by 2011
Re: Why Babangida’s 2011 Aspiration May Fail by BigB11(m): 6:14pm On Apr 09, 2010
Insha Allah, we will jubilate together when the crown is brought back home

Without any question, IBB 2011.
Re: Why Babangida’s 2011 Aspiration May Fail by sley4life(m): 6:15pm On Apr 09, 2010
1. annulment of june 12 election
2. He is a criminal
3. His past will hunt him again
Re: Why Babangida’s 2011 Aspiration May Fail by Fhemmmy: 6:18pm On Apr 09, 2010
sley4life:

2. He is a criminal

Show me one of the past leaders that is not a criminal and i will show u a liar
Re: Why Babangida’s 2011 Aspiration May Fail by princeada: 6:24pm On Apr 09, 2010
Fhemmmy .Try to know what tou are posting. Are one of those encouraging IBB to contest after reading his terrorism life of inhumanity to man on Jos CRISES.bUT WHAT IS UNITY OF NIGERIA HERE.WHAT DO U ALSO MEAN BY SAYING KNOWING THE PIN IS ENOUGH FOR HIM TO WIN. REMEMBER NIGERIA IS 50 YEARS FROM INDEPENDENCE.
Re: Why Babangida’s 2011 Aspiration May Fail by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 09, 2010
Big B1:

Insha Allah, we will jubilate together when the crown is brought back home

Without any question, IBB 2011.
you dont need to bring in God to the situation on ground.ibb has conscience and he decided to use that conscience to truncate his political future in 1993 when he took those undemocratic actions he took.he may do all the praise worshipping for him but no way he is going to get there
Re: Why Babangida’s 2011 Aspiration May Fail by metalgong5(m): 6:37pm On Apr 09, 2010
sley4life:

2. He is a criminal

IBB has the best record of all the individuals whose names are flying around as potential presidential candidates in 2011.
His annulment of the June 12 election was an action in the right direction which was approved by a competent court of law.
Re: Why Babangida’s 2011 Aspiration May Fail by bigfoot79(m): 6:48pm On Apr 09, 2010
I'll vote him anyday
Re: Why Babangida’s 2011 Aspiration May Fail by princeada: 7:03pm On Apr 09, 2010
If u like vote for him.But your conscience will condemn u by the time u are about leaving this world for great beyond to see your maker.
Re: Why Babangida’s 2011 Aspiration May Fail by olaolabiy: 7:22pm On Apr 09, 2010
^^^^^^he doesn't need your vote.he knows how to rig.
Re: Why Babangida’s 2011 Aspiration May Fail by Fhemmmy: 7:26pm On Apr 09, 2010
ola olabiy:

^^^^^^he doesn't need your vote.he knows how to rig.

He knows the price tag on every Nigerian's head and he is willing to pay it
Re: Why Babangida’s 2011 Aspiration May Fail by truly: 7:55pm On Apr 09, 2010
metal-gong:

IBB has the best record of all the individuals whose names are flying around as potential presidential candidates in 2011.
His annulment of the June 12 election was an action in the right direction which was approved by a competent court of law.
I don't think what you are saying is correct
People went to court to stop the announcement of results
Other people went to court insisting that the results should be announced
2 courts of similar jurisdiction gave conflicting judgements - 1 in favour of announcements and the other against
Prof Humphrey Nwosu (then INEC chairman) went to the Appeal Court in Kaduna to seek clarification of the position and
appended the INEC official result to the documents filed before the court

IBB then stepped in and ANNULLED the result
No court could do anything after this!

By the way, IBB has admitted that the annulment is an error

So why are you telling us this version?
Please for the sake of everything that is good and for the love of this country
Let us confirm facts of cases of this kind before posting

And what are the names being bandied that IBB is better than?
The only confirmed aspirant that I know is Buhari
Inspite of his numerous faults, he is miles ahead of IBB
Forget populist but fake oratory, Buhari is more sincere than IBB
And sincerity, not ideas or vision (we have those in bucketfuls -2000, 2010, 2020), is what is lacking in our leaders
Re: Why Babangida’s 2011 Aspiration May Fail by Jarus(m): 7:58pm On Apr 09, 2010
Re: Why Babangida’s 2011 Aspiration May Fail by Osama10(m): 8:03pm On Apr 09, 2010
That name stinks like poo. cheesy
Re: Why Babangida’s 2011 Aspiration May Fail by mrkoma2012: 8:09pm On Apr 09, 2010
IBB 4 president God forbid
Re: Why Babangida’s 2011 Aspiration May Fail by eleffizi: 8:40pm On Apr 09, 2010
While I agree that the tooth-gaped retired general has a right to contest, it is noteworthy to realise that he has immensely betrayed the trust of Nigerians. His regime was responsible for institutionalising corruption on amazing nation-wide scale that has torn into irreconciliable shreds, the moral fabric of our beloved country Nigeria. As a result, the average Nigerian has lot his sense of patriotism, and his belief in cultivating strength of character and diligence. That is why new generation politicians are just as morally bankrupt, if not worse. The Okigbo Report has to be analysed and acted upon to close the chapter of his reign. As it is now, it is a completed house without a roof.

In human relationships world wide, an offence bordering betrayal of trust is one of the most serious, and that is the centre of "General Maradona" has committed. I doubt if Nigerians can forget him and OBJ, his cohort in democratic bastardization (although the latter is better than him in some respects).

Nigerians have to understand that they deserve whatever kind of leader that gets into office, so it is the responsibility of all 150 million Nigerians to relentlessly ensure that they get their choice leaders in power, rather than relapse into helpless apathy.

Sometimes when I think of the state of my beloved country, I begin to have a slight headache, because I am scared of the fact that Nigeria may continue this circular journey for the next 100 years with devious "viruses" like General Maradona being recycled into power year in year out.

But I believe that GOD can save Nigeria.

GOD help Nigeria.
Re: Why Babangida’s 2011 Aspiration May Fail by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 09, 2010
truly:

I don't think what you are saying is correct
People went to court to stop the announcement of results
Other people went to court insisting that the results should be announced
2 courts of similar jurisdiction gave conflicting judgements - 1 in favour of announcements and the other against
Prof Humphrey Nwosu (then INEC chairman) went to the Appeal Court in Kaduna to seek clarification of the position and
appended the INEC official result to the documents filed before the court

IBB then stepped in and ANNULLED the result
No court could do anything after this!

By the way, IBB has admitted that the annulment is an error

So why are you telling us this version?
Please for the sake of everything that is good and for the love of this country
Let us confirm facts of cases of this kind before posting

And what are the names being bandied that IBB is better than?
The only confirmed aspirant that I know is Buhari
Inspite of his numerous faults, he is miles ahead of IBB
Forget populist but fake oratory, Buhari is more sincere than IBB
And sincerity, not ideas or vision (we have those in bucketfuls -2000, 2010, 2020), is what is lacking in our leaders
buhari would have been a good choice but his high-handness attitude and undemocratic decisions he took when he was a military head of state has really affected his credential
Re: Why Babangida’s 2011 Aspiration May Fail by ichommy(m): 9:43pm On Apr 09, 2010
Hmmmm,
Re: Why Babangida’s 2011 Aspiration May Fail by Eziachi: 9:50pm On Apr 09, 2010
kosovo:

IBB is the Best man for true Federalism and Democracy, WE MUST SUPPORT HIM TO MOVE THE NATION FORWARD. . .

I am sorry, when you said "we" are you just refering to just yourself and all the hungry worms in your intestine?
I hope so!
Re: Why Babangida’s 2011 Aspiration May Fail by jara: 9:56pm On Apr 09, 2010
same ol, same ol. Wonder shall never end in our Country of recycled ol greedy dictators. Old soldier never die, they change to agbada.

In what other country would a cold blooded murderer like IBB even dare think of coming back?
Re: Why Babangida’s 2011 Aspiration May Fail by truly: 9:58pm On Apr 09, 2010
~Bluetooth:

buhari would have been a good choice but his high-handness attitude and undemocratic decisions he took when he was a military head of state has really affected his credential
I am not sure that Nigerians want to vote for Buhari
So I am wary of debating his attributes and candidacy

But pitted against IBB, he is far better
Talking about highhandedness and undemocratic decisions

I am not even sure that one can get democractic decision from our present civilian leaders
Obj, as a civilian president, sent soldiers to Odi and Zaki Biam - democratic?
Buhari was a military head of state
Buhari decided to shoot drug pushers
I support it - China has  just done so today
Forget the argument about death penalty not being a deterrent
Bankers and those Enron guys will not defraud if the penalty is death!

Buhari had decree 4, IBB had decree 2; Obj used EFCC to hound his enemies and unilaterally indicted plenty
To ensure they did not contest

One can go on
Re: Why Babangida’s 2011 Aspiration May Fail by kobonaija: 10:31pm On Apr 09, 2010
I'm afraid that our situation in Nigeria is so deplorable that anything is possible.

I have come to realise that there is a Greater King that rules among men, and that has the power to raise one up and debase the other.

As citizens we are powerless as our individual votes don't count, though that doesn't mean I won't vote, but the fact is that it is all about SELECTION, NOT ELECTION.

Only God can deliver us as a nation. Only God can rid us of usurpers
Re: Why Babangida’s 2011 Aspiration May Fail by Onlytruth(m): 11:04pm On Apr 09, 2010
kobonaija:

I'm afraid that our situation in Nigeria is so deplorable that anything is possible.

I have come to realise that there is a Greater King that rules among men, and that has the power to raise one up and debase the other.

As citizens we are powerless as our individual votes don't count, though that doesn't mean I won't vote, but the fact is that it is all about SELECTION, NOT ELECTION.

Only God can deliver us as a nation. Only God can rid us of usurpers

No, God cannot be mocked. Whatsoever a man soweth, so shall he reap (so says the bible).
The God I serve is not a God of perfidy and sweeping things under the carpet. I hope you are not asking God to come to the rescue of a devils coven.

My prayer is a more honest one: God please bring Nigeria to justice, and let the chips fall wherever they may!

If I have only my hometown to call country after that, then so be it! cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

cr. / I Didn’t Slump At IDP Camp — Alhassan, Minister / 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Hands Over Apc Lagos To Aregbesola, Focuses On Ambition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.