Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,983 members, 7,863,499 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:01 PM

Michael Ekeinde: "My Mother, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Was A Muslim" - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Michael Ekeinde: "My Mother, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Was A Muslim" (48601 Views)

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Celebrates Son, Michael's Graduation From University / Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Shows Off Her Backside In New Photos / Is This Albino Guy Hot? Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Asks (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Michael Ekeinde: "My Mother, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Was A Muslim" by Lilimax(f): 8:28am On Jan 08, 2018
MakeWeTalk:

WHY I LEFT ISLAM

here is a write up of my thinking for leaving Islam

My Father is Muslim and my Mother is Christian.
Many atimes my father has beaten my mother and when we complain or my uncles on my mothers side complain my father replies

"You know I am a muslim man and follow the Quo'ran to the letter.
In Islam we are told to beat our wives if she mispleases us"

So I asked my father to explain what he said and he showed me the quo'ran that say's clearly you can beat your wife.

Qur'an (38:44) -
"And take in your hand a green branch
AND BEAT HER WITH IT,"

Qur'an (4:34) -
" Men are the maintainers of women because
Allah has made some of them to
....... BEAT THEM;

So I tried to comfort my mum, when she said "She will not encourage her daughters to marry a Muslim"
And I asked her why not and
she said in her Christianity men are commanded to LOVE THEIR WIVES NOT BEAT

Again I asked for proof and she showed me these in the bible which I checked.

Ephesians 5:25 (KJV)
Husbands, LOVE YOUR WIVES,
even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Colossians 3:19
and
BE NOT BITTER AGAINST THEM.

These verses in the bible shocked me.

So brothers please tell me how come our quoran encourages beating our women while the Christians God & Bible says not to beat our wives,

I have even sought teachings on this and all the Imams teach you to beat your wife.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hcQTmcgkKA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3b3TpKaly0?t=13s

This is worrying to me, as I wont want my sisters to be beaten by her husband.
So am I agreeing that my sisters should marry a Christian and not a muslim.?

Also why does your bible command you not to beat your wife, while our quoran commands us to beat our wives?

After doing my research I left Islam.

And can say one striking difference apart from loving your wife, is that Christians have a promise of salvation which muslims do not have.

John 3
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world;
but that the world through him might be saved.

18 HE THAT BELIEVETH ON HIM IS NOT CONDEMNED:
BUT HE THAT BELIEVETH NOT IS CONDEMNED ALREADY,
BECAUSE HE HATH NOT BELIEVED IN THE NAME OF THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD.

Even Mohammed is not promised salvation

Sura 46:9
"I am not something original among the messengers,
NOR DO In Jesus KNOW WHAT WILL BE DONE WITH ME OR WITH YOU(MUSLIMS)."

So comparing , you can see that Jesus is better.
You've said it all! Jesus Christ is the the only way to heaven. He who has ears let him hear...

1 Like

Re: Michael Ekeinde: "My Mother, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Was A Muslim" by NwaIgboBoy(m): 8:30am On Jan 08, 2018
Yoruba and Muslem are like 69

I HATE NIGERIA!!!

1 Like

Re: Michael Ekeinde: "My Mother, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Was A Muslim" by Awoleesu(m): 8:32am On Jan 08, 2018
Does this make me proud? YES! The brilliance and soundness of the young chap (some of our university undergrads hardly can construct sound and coherent paragraphs, talkless granting an all flawless interview as this!) Son, I'm proud of you!

And the Momma? I think the interview was more about her than it is about the lad. Not even was the boy introduced by his name! Stuff like mining info about the woman from her son... However, what I read about her here is quite elating! The instilling of discipline, of culture and moral values, spiritual soundness etc I think this is good. Omotola, kudos!
Re: Michael Ekeinde: "My Mother, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Was A Muslim" by mofy1(f): 8:33am On Jan 08, 2018
MakeWeTalk:

WHY I LEFT ISLAM

Many atimes my father has beaten my mother and when we complain or my uncles on my mothers side complain my father replies

So I asked my father to explain what he said and he showed me the quo'ran that say's clearly you can beat your wife.

AND BEAT HER WITH IT,"

....... BEAT THEM;

So I tried to comfort my mum, when she said "She will not encourage her daughters to marry a Muslim"

and

So brothers please tell me how come our quoran encourages beating our women while the Christians God & Bible says not to beat our wives,

I have even sought teachings on this and all the Imams teach you to beat your wife.

Also why does your bible command you not to beat your wife, while our quoran commands us to beat our wives?

And can say one striking difference apart from loving your wife, is that Christians have a promise of salvation which muslims do not have.

John 3

NOR DO I KNOW WHAT WILL BE DONE WITH ME OR WITH YOU(MUSLIMS)."

The best of you are those who are best to their wives.
Re: Michael Ekeinde: "My Mother, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Was A Muslim" by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 08, 2018
xerxes456:

Bros stop quoting scriptures arbitrarily, it's very clear you're on a fault finding mission, what ever the case, wives should submit and husband should love,
That old Testament book you quoted doesn't apply to Christians, we follow Christ and we cannot commit adultery if we do, we ask God for forgiveness through Christ and it's Done...
There's no where Christ advise us to beat our wives or kill anybody for any reason... God is love, and Jesus is love personified...
Jesus said behold old things are passed away, all things have become new... we are Christians not Judaist.

I laugh when i read this meaningless and sentimental line. You just attacked me of quoting scritptures "arbitarily" but it's the same manner the previous guy quoted the Bible and Quran. Since mine doesn't suit your narrative then it's a problem. You proceeded saying I'm on a mission, despite the fact that my message was a response to someone who has been spamming Nairaland with same content yet I'm at fault. So i should have crossed my legs and not reply him with a befitting response.

It's obvious you guys don't like the truth. The only part which is old testament is "Deuteronomy but.you concluded they are all old testament. Furthermore, Malachi, Pslam, Proverbs, Isaiah and Even Deuteronomy are often quoted and prayed with but they aren't old testament because the part that's usually quoted suits your narrative.

You honestly don't know who you are deceving with your tales

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michael Ekeinde: "My Mother, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Was A Muslim" by Nobody: 8:43am On Jan 08, 2018
phemmyfour:
You are quoting old testament but we operate under a better covenant in new testament

But Jesus Did Not condemn the Old Testament–in Fact He Did the Opposite, here are d facts

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place.” (Matthew 5:17)

"Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law” (John7:19)
" It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid.” (Luke 16:17)

U Need to read ur bible cover to cover

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michael Ekeinde: "My Mother, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Was A Muslim" by Neyohhh(m): 8:47am On Jan 08, 2018
MakeWeTalk:

WHY I LEFT ISLAM

AND BEAT HER WITH IT,"

....... BEAT THEM;

and

John 3

61:8 As-Saff

يُرِيدُونَ لِيُطْفِئُوا نُورَ اللَّهِ بِأَفْوَاهِهِمْ وَاللَّهُ مُتِمُّ نُورِهِ وَلَوْ كَرِهَ الْكَافِرُونَ

They intend to put out the Light of Allah (i.e. the religion of Islam, this Quran, and Prophet Muhammad SAW) with their mouths. But Allah will complete His Light even though the disbelievers hate (it).

However, We know ur type, no matter how you blaspheme against Islam with the use of your propaganda or how much you being payed true believer of Islam will never stop being a Muslim.Allah is sufficient for us. Alhamdullilah am a Muslim,
61:6 As-Saff

وَإِذْ قَالَ عِيسَى ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ يَا بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ إِنِّي رَسُولُ اللَّهِ إِلَيْكُمْ مُصَدِّقًا لِمَا بَيْنَ يَدَيَّ مِنَ التَّوْرَاةِ وَمُبَشِّرًا بِرَسُولٍ يَأْتِي مِنْ بَعْدِي اسْمُهُ أَحْمَدُ ۖ فَلَمَّا جَاءَهُمْ بِالْبَيِّنَاتِ قَالُوا هَٰذَا سِحْرٌ مُبِينٌ

And (remember) when 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), said: "O Children of Israel! I am the Messenger of Allah unto you confirming the Taurat [(Torah) which came] before me, and giving glad tidings of a Messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad. But when he (Ahmad i.e. Muhammad SAW) came to them with clear proofs, they said: "This is plain magic."

Contrarily, It will be interesting be interesting to play along with your thinking, however your assertion will be valid and true if you can prove me me that all verses of bible there are no contradictions:

How many generations were there from the Babylonian exile until Christ?

(a) Matthew says fourteen (Matthew 1:17)

(b) But a careful count of the generations reveals only thirteen (see Matthew 1: 12-16)

Who was the father of Shelah?

(a) Cainan (Luke 3:35-36)

(b) Arphaxad (Genesis II: 12)

Was John the Baptist Elijah who was to come?

(a) Yes (Matthew II: 14, 17:10-13)

(b) No(John 1:19-21)

Would Jesus inherit David’s throne?

(a) Yes. So said the angel (Luke 1:32)

(b) No, since he is a descendant of Jehoiakim (see Matthew 1: I 1, I Chronicles 3:16). And Jehoiakim was cursed by God so that none of his descendants can sit upon David’s throne (Jeremiah 36:30)

Jesus rode into Jerusalem on how many animals?

(a) One – a colt (Mark 11:7; cf Luke 19:3 5). “And they brought the colt to Jesus and threw their garments on it; and he sat upon it.”

(b) Two – a colt and an ass (Matthew 21:7). “They brought the ass and the colt and put their garments on them and he sat thereon.”

Who incited David to count the fighting men of Israel?

(a) God did (2 Samuel 24: 1)

(b) Satan did (I Chronicles 2 1:1)

In that count how many fighting men were found in Israel?

(a) Eight hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)

(b) One million, one hundred thousand (IChronicles 21:5)

How many fighting men were found in Judah?

(a) Five hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)

(b) Four hundred and seventy thousand (I Chronicles 21:5)

God sent his prophet to threaten David with how many years of famine?

(a) Seven (2 Samuel 24:13)

(b) Three (I Chronicles 21:12)

How old was Ahaziah when he began to rule over Jerusalem?

(a) Twenty-two (2 Kings 8:26)

(b) Forty-two (2 Chronicles 22:2)

How old was Jehoiachin when he became king of Jerusalem?

(a) Eighteen (2 Kings 24: 8 )

(b) Eight (2 Chronicles 36: 9 )

How long did he rule over Jerusalem?

(a) Three months (2 Kings 24:8 )

(b) Three months and ten days (2 Chronicles 36:9 )

The chief of the mighty men of David lifted up his spear and killed how many men at one time?

(a) Eight hundred (2 Samuel 23:8 )

(b) Three hundred (I Chronicles 11: 11 )

When did David bring the Ark of the Covenant to Jerusalem? Before defeating the Philistines or after?

(a) After (2 Samuel 5 and 6)

(b) Before (I Chronicles 13 and 14)

How many pairs of clean animals did God tell Noah to take into the Ark?

(a) Two (Genesis 6:19, 20)

(b) Seven (Genesis 7:2). But despite this last instruction only two pairs went into the ark (Genesis 7:8-9)

When David defeated the King of Zobah, how many horsemen did he capture?

(a) One thousand and seven hundred (2 Samuel 8:4)

(b) Seven thousand (I Chronicles 18:4)

How many stalls for horses did Solomon have?

(a) Forty thousand (I Kings 4:26)

(b) Four thousand (2 chronicles 9:25)

In what year of King Asa’s reign did Baasha, King of Israel die?

(a) Twenty-sixth year (I Kings 15:33 – 16:8 )

(b) Still alive in the thirty-sixth year (2 Chronicles 16:1)

How many overseers did Solomon appoint for the work of building the temple?

(a) Three thousand six hundred (2 Chronicles 2:2)

(b) Three thousand three hundred (I Kings 5:16)

Solomon built a facility containing how many baths?

(a) Two thousand (1 Kings 7:26)

(b) Over three thousand (2 Chronicles 4:5)

Of the Israelites who were freed from the Babylonian captivity, how many were the children of Pahrath-Moab?

(a) Two thousand eight hundred and twelve (Ezra 2:6)

(b) Two thousand eight hundred and eighteen (Nehemiah 7:11)

How many were the children of Zattu?

(a) Nine hundred and forty-five (Ezra 2:8 )

(b) Eight hundred and forty-five (Nehemiah 7:13)

How many were the children of Azgad?

(a) One thousand two hundred and twenty-two (Ezra 2:12)

(b) Two thousand three hundred and twenty-two (Nehemiah 7:17)

How many were the children of Adin?

(a) Four hundred and fifty-four (Ezra 2:15)

(b) Six hundred and fifty-five (Nehemiah 7:20)

How many were the children of Hashum?

(a) Two hundred and twenty-three (Ezra 2:19)

(b) Three hundred and twenty-eight (Nehemiah 7:22)

How many were the children of Bethel and Ai?

(a) Two hundred and twenty-three (Ezra 2:28)

(b) One hundred and twenty-three (Nehemiah 7:32)

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Michael Ekeinde: "My Mother, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Was A Muslim" by Nobody: 8:51am On Jan 08, 2018
Niyinficient:

So in all the verses u have quoted, where is it written that wives should be beaten? and where did the person u quoted earlier says wives shouldnt be submissive to their husbands?

I am waiting.

i agree with u on your last sentence tho....religion is shouldnt be by force because the Almighty God himself didnt force anyone to love him. He has given every man the freewill and determinism to do choose their faiths and believes

Ephesians 5:22-23 clearly stated that wives should submit to their husbands in EVERYTHING .

I despise sensational and sentimemtal journalism. Both books are filled with contradictions and bad verses but some folks especially Christians act like their book, god, faith et al is the creme de la creme. You hardly find believers of other faiths spamming the whole site with same derogatory lines or attacking other people's beliefs.
Re: Michael Ekeinde: "My Mother, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Was A Muslim" by phemmyfour: 8:56am On Jan 08, 2018
yemaldo:

But Jesus Did Not condemn the Old Testament–in Fact He Did the Opposite, here are d facts

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place.” (Matthew 5:17)

"Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law” (John7:19)
" It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid.” (Luke 16:17)

Why are you confuse, you think I m one of those you can bamboos with scriptures. Do you even understand what it means to "fulfil the law". That's a topic for another day.

Mt5:38

You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’h 39But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also

Don't just quote scriptures out of context. Jesus told us he came to fulfill the law and went ahead to give numerous examples on how to achieve it because of people like you that read Bible upside down.

1 Like

Re: Michael Ekeinde: "My Mother, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Was A Muslim" by harbjar(m): 8:57am On Jan 08, 2018
MakeWeTalk:

WHY I LEFT ISLAM

Many atimes my father has beaten my mother and when we complain or my uncles on my mothers side complain my father replieS

AND BEAT HER WITH IT,"

....... BEAT THEM;

and

John 3

Arrant nonsense and bloody lies.... Misquoting the Qur'an and lying against it so as to suit ur cheap publicity and stunts... Nothing like that exists in the Quran.. Rot in hell bloody liar

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Michael Ekeinde: "My Mother, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Was A Muslim" by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 08, 2018
yemaldo:

Ofcourse they know this. But since it doesn't suit their narratives then it doesn't matter. Be on the watch, you will be told you quoted it out of context or weren't holy spirit filled or you didn't read it from the beginning. Even tho that's exactly how they do their own quoting of the same Bible and Quran
Re: Michael Ekeinde: "My Mother, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Was A Muslim" by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 08, 2018
[quote author=phemmyfour post=63996333]Why are you confuse, you think I m one of those you can bamboos with scriptures. Do you even understand what it means to "fulfil the law". That's a topic for another day.

Why wait, pls enlighten me now
Re: Michael Ekeinde: "My Mother, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Was A Muslim" by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 08, 2018
phemmyfour:
Why are you confuse, you think I m one of those you can bamboos with scriptures. Do you even understand what it means to "fulfil the law". That's a topic for another day.

Mt5:38

You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’h 39But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also

Don't just quote scriptures out of context. Jesus told us he came to fulfill the law and went ahead to give examples because of people like you that read Bible upside down.

Lol. The Bible is loaded with contradictions. It says A in one verse and says B in another. A story book is more consistent that it. He read the Bible upside down but it's ok for you and your folks to read the Quran upside down and out of context right

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Michael Ekeinde: "My Mother, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Was A Muslim" by phemmyfour: 9:04am On Jan 08, 2018
ollah1:

Lol. The Bible is loaded with contradictions. It says A in one verse and says B in another. A story book is more consistent that it. He read the Bible upside down but it's ok for you and your folks to read the Quran upside down and out of context right
There is no contradiction, people just choose to read it like a novel and explain it literarily

The scriptures are there to give you understanding of the journey of relationship between man and God
Re: Michael Ekeinde: "My Mother, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Was A Muslim" by fay39: 9:09am On Jan 08, 2018
Islam remains the most accepted and growing religion in the world. it shall continue to dominate all other religious beliefs Christianity inclusive. check out the report anytime. Accept the ONLY religion recognized by God the Almighty.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michael Ekeinde: "My Mother, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Was A Muslim" by Nobody: 9:17am On Jan 08, 2018
Xisnin:

If you take time to use your head instead of repeating what
your ignorant cleric told you you will know that Jewish laws are no longer binding and not even jews practise them.
Muhamad being ignorant went into the old testament to adopt outdated jewish laws such as stoning adulterer and killing
apostates. And when muslims are challenged for their barbarity they point to the Torrah as if the Torrah held a gun to
their head.

Pastors collect tithe with Malachi which is old testament but you don't blink an eye
You quote and pray with Isisah, Proverbs, Deuteronomy, et al and ignore it's old testament

But the moment verses that doesn't suit your narratives are quoted then it becomes old testament.

Besides Jesus didn't abolish the old testament .

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Michael Ekeinde: "My Mother, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Was A Muslim" by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 08, 2018
phemmyfour:
There is no contradiction, people just choose to read it like a novel and explain it literarily

The scriptures are there to give you understanding of the journey of relationship between man and God

Of you can now succumb when you have been rightly schooled. Pass the message to your folks about sensational and sentimental discuss. It only breeds division and hatred

Live and lets live
Re: Michael Ekeinde: "My Mother, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Was A Muslim" by Neyohhh(m): 9:21am On Jan 08, 2018
ALVA001:
كلا سوف تعلامون. ثم كلا سوف تعلامون.

حَتَّىٰ زُرْتُمُ الْمَقَابِرَ

ثُمَّ كَلَّا سَوْفَ تَعْلَمُونَ
Re: Michael Ekeinde: "My Mother, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Was A Muslim" by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 08, 2018
phemmyfour:
You are quoting old testament but we operate under a better covenant in new testament

So you now accept u are not under the old testament but u still allow your pastors to collect your tithes. Tell me, where in the new testament was collecting of tithes mentioned?

Remember jesus(pbuh) whom u called God said " I hve not come to change the laws of the prophets but I have come to fulfill it". So the old laws of God still stands according to Jesus( pbuh) statement in ur bible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michael Ekeinde: "My Mother, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Was A Muslim" by phemmyfour: 9:24am On Jan 08, 2018
ollah1:

Of you can now succumb when you have been rightly schooled. Pass the message to your folks about sensational and sentimental discuss. It only breeds division and hatred

Live and lets live
next time, write in English
Re: Michael Ekeinde: "My Mother, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Was A Muslim" by Nobody: 9:25am On Jan 08, 2018
phemmyfour:
next time, write in English

Ofcourse grin
Re: Michael Ekeinde: "My Mother, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Was A Muslim" by phemmyfour: 9:26am On Jan 08, 2018

Kaybmal100:

So you now accept u are not under the old testament but u still allow your pastors to collect your tithes. Tell me, where in the new testament was collecting of tithes mentioned tithes mentioned?
Talking about tithe, it was mentioned in new testament and Jesus didn't condemn it. Instead he lay more emphasis on giving freely

About fulfilling old law, read my previous post
Re: Michael Ekeinde: "My Mother, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Was A Muslim" by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 08, 2018
ollah1:

Pastors collect tithe with Malachi which is old testament but you don't blink an eye
You quote and pray with Isisah, Proverbs, Deuteronomy, et al and ignore it's old testament

But the moment verses that doesn't suit your narratives are quoted then it becomes old testament.

Besides Jesus didn't abolish the old testament .

Abeg tell them o....Hypocrites
Re: Michael Ekeinde: "My Mother, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Was A Muslim" by Nobody: 9:32am On Jan 08, 2018
phemmyfour:

Talking about tithe, it was mentioned in new testament and Jesus didn't condemn it. Instead he lay more emphasis on giving freely

About fulfilling old law, read my previous post

Pleas give me quotes from the bible that say jesus(pbuh) supported tithes
Re: Michael Ekeinde: "My Mother, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Was A Muslim" by Nobody: 9:34am On Jan 08, 2018
saajus:
You don't understand Christianity. In Christianity, we have Old Testament and New Testament. The main reason Jesus came was to bring Salvation by Grace because men cannot keep those laws in the Old Testament.

Off point undecided
Re: Michael Ekeinde: "My Mother, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Was A Muslim" by DWJOBScom(m): 9:36am On Jan 08, 2018
I see a fun loving family

I really want to raise my kids right and still have a happy home
Re: Michael Ekeinde: "My Mother, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Was A Muslim" by phemmyfour: 9:40am On Jan 08, 2018
Kaybmal100:

Pleas give me quotes from the bible that say jesus(pbuh) supported tithes
Mt 23:23

He did not condemn it and its wasn't mandatory

Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former
Re: Michael Ekeinde: "My Mother, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Was A Muslim" by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 08, 2018
phemmyfour:
Mt 23:23

He did not condemn it and its wasn't mandatory

Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former

Thanks for quoting a verse that supports my arguments. You should read this verse to ur pastors when you goto church this Sunday.

Let me share an example with you.. A friend of mine refuse to goto church one very sunday, when I asked her why she told me she has no money to pay to church dat Sunday...I laughed.
Re: Michael Ekeinde: "My Mother, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Was A Muslim" by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:27am On Jan 08, 2018
Olabenjamen22:

they are polluting my town(oyo) with child without husband. Lol.
This culture is inimical to both religions yet prevalent in Yoruba land...

Conclusively, it is a Yoruba habit and not religious. Been living in Yoruba land now for 5yrs, and I ve come to see that ur Yoruba women re unbelievably loose....
Your women(especially the married ones) re the cheapest I stock I ve seen in my entire sojourn..
Because of this I don't want to raise my daughter in Yoruba land. The appalling lack of shame in Yoruba system when it comes to immorality is sickening.
Lastly, I'm just glad I didn't marry a Yoruba woman. Because it's exactly the same as knowingly marrying a cheater.

Omotola happens to be a Yoruba woman.
Re: Michael Ekeinde: "My Mother, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Was A Muslim" by Niyinficient(m): 10:30am On Jan 08, 2018
ollah1:

Ephesians 5:22-23 clearly stated that wives should submit to their husbands in EVERYTHING .

I despise sensational and sentimemtal journalism. Both books are filled with contradictions and bad verses but some folks especially Christians act like their book, god, faith et al is the creme de la creme. You hardly find believers of other faiths spamming the whole site with same derogatory lines or attacking other people's beliefs.

Being submissive is not slavery, being submissive is not the same thing as domestic violence....i am still waiting to be pointed to the 'beating' as stated in the bible.

You cant run away from extremists in religion...every religion has it...if the Christian folks are 'spamming' the internet with their believes, you can guess how the Muslim folks are going about theirs likewise other faiths.....My pple has a saying, 'ogun to ba dani loju la fi nsan ri'......which means....'You act according to your believe'.

Where civilisation comes in is, your ability to understand that every human has the right to his or her faith and belief, conviction and also respect that. And there is no wrong in trying to make pple believe in your belief but it shouldnt be forceful or life-threatening.

2 Likes

Re: Michael Ekeinde: "My Mother, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Was A Muslim" by newslifeop: 10:32am On Jan 08, 2018
Oh
Re: Michael Ekeinde: "My Mother, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Was A Muslim" by ajimega: 10:53am On Jan 08, 2018
ollah1:

That deuteronomy is the old testament which was given balance by the new testament, because the bible says wife be submissive, it didn't
state that she should be beaten or abused, your religion u understand and ours we also understand that it is for the two parties involve to respect and love, submission is an act that brings about love and it is relevant for relationship to last.

While doing your "research " and spamming Nairaland with these same lines without adding nothing to your life. You must have skipped these verses from the Bible

Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior." Ephesians 5:22-23

"if a man be found lying with a woman married to a husband, then they shall both of them die, both the man that lay with the woman and the woman; so shalt thou put away evil from Israel." [Deuteronomy 22.22]

Peter 2:18: "Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel."

“I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.” (1 Timothy 2:12)

Quit being a bigot.. It only makes you hate your fellow men because you don't share same ideology and it's not possible for everybody to share same idelogies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Alexx Ekubo Shades Uti Nwachukwu Over Post About Cee-c's Car / Rotimi Makinde's House Marked For Demolition By Ogun Government(Photos) / Afrocandy Flashes Her Panties While On A Shopping Spree In US. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.