Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

What Can I Do About The Intel Meltdown And Spectre Flaws? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / What Can I Do About The Intel Meltdown And Spectre Flaws? (856 Views)

I Need The Intel Samsung Galaxy Book S / Mozilla Firefox 57.0.4 Released With Meltdown And Spectre Patches / Here Is How To Protect Yourself From Meltdown And Spectre CPU Flaws (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Can I Do About The Intel Meltdown And Spectre Flaws? by emecheboy2(m): 5:30pm On Jan 07, 2018
Users can do little to avoid the security flaws apart from update their computers with the latest security fixes as soon as possible. Fixes for Linux and Windows are already available. Chromebooks updated to Chrome OS 63, which started rolling out in mid-December, are already protected.

Android devices running the latest security update, including Google’s Nexus and Pixel smartphones, are already protected. Updates are expected to be delivered soon. Users of other devices will have to wait for the updates to be pushed out by third-party manufacturers, including Samsung, Huawei and OnePlus.

An update from Apple on what is needed for its Mac computers and iOS devices is expected.

(1) (Reply)

Clean Direct Uk Used Dell Latitude Core I5 Wit A Processor Speed Of 2.67ghz / Very Neat 3gb Ram HP Compaq Laptop / Urgently Needed. Hardware Engineers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.