Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

'God Is The King Of Kings'; Ooni Of Ife Joins Christians For Prayers. Photos - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 'God Is The King Of Kings'; Ooni Of Ife Joins Christians For Prayers. Photos (22080 Views)

Ooni Of Ife Joins In The Celebration Of ‘ajé’ Festival (photos+video) / Zaynab-Otiti Obanor: Ooni Of Ife's Ex-Wife Olori Wuraola In New York (Photos) / Photo Of Ooni Of Ife's New Wife As Claimed By Women Of Rubies (But It Is Fake) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'God Is The King Of Kings'; Ooni Of Ife Joins Christians For Prayers. Photos by emmasege: 1:23pm On Jan 08, 2018
Still waiting for the new olori to be unveiled. Ooni should do the needful and put the new olori in her place (i.e. Aafin). She isn't any first lady. Oloris are hardly seen or heard in Yoruba land, and I think in Nigeria/Africa by extension.
Re: 'God Is The King Of Kings'; Ooni Of Ife Joins Christians For Prayers. Photos by CowHard: 1:23pm On Jan 08, 2018
Probably praying for a wife....konji don dey finish him
Re: 'God Is The King Of Kings'; Ooni Of Ife Joins Christians For Prayers. Photos by Tydie0: 1:25pm On Jan 08, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
YAHWEH is the KING OF KINGS

NOT

allah tongue

I'm a Christian, but why do you want to start an inter religion war this good noon! 2018 and some folks never wise up undecided
Re: 'God Is The King Of Kings'; Ooni Of Ife Joins Christians For Prayers. Photos by Treasure17(m): 1:25pm On Jan 08, 2018
I'm glad he affirmed that.
Re: 'God Is The King Of Kings'; Ooni Of Ife Joins Christians For Prayers. Photos by Xbee007(m): 1:29pm On Jan 08, 2018
What is the essence of having him as king when the supposed custodian of our culture worship some fables from the Middle East?
Shame on him and all those morons that bow to the effigy of some whitewashed fictional character.
Re: 'God Is The King Of Kings'; Ooni Of Ife Joins Christians For Prayers. Photos by itsandi(m): 1:30pm On Jan 08, 2018
Amen grin
Re: 'God Is The King Of Kings'; Ooni Of Ife Joins Christians For Prayers. Photos by baysol: 1:31pm On Jan 08, 2018
ollah1:
Bullsh*t. You are a traditional ruler, foriegn gods shouldnt displace the local ones. This sh!t can't happen in Asian countries
....then keep it in asia.
Re: 'God Is The King Of Kings'; Ooni Of Ife Joins Christians For Prayers. Photos by BluntBoy(m): 1:32pm On Jan 08, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
YAHWEH is the KING OF KINGS

NOT

allah tongue

You see the reason why the Muslims insisted on having a creed? It must be because of people like you. You and many others are always bullying them. It is becoming obvious that Christians are more intolerant than Muslims.

2 Likes

Re: 'God Is The King Of Kings'; Ooni Of Ife Joins Christians For Prayers. Photos by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jan 08, 2018
baysol:

....then keep it in asia.

That's why they are far more developed and they keep developing while we are set back to stone age religious beliefs
Re: 'God Is The King Of Kings'; Ooni Of Ife Joins Christians For Prayers. Photos by ralphossai: 1:36pm On Jan 08, 2018
OBA pay us our money from your essential homes.
Re: 'God Is The King Of Kings'; Ooni Of Ife Joins Christians For Prayers. Photos by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 08, 2018
God is above king of kings,don't compare the earth king to GOD.
Re: 'God Is The King Of Kings'; Ooni Of Ife Joins Christians For Prayers. Photos by riczy(m): 1:41pm On Jan 08, 2018
Dis dude na politician
Re: 'God Is The King Of Kings'; Ooni Of Ife Joins Christians For Prayers. Photos by tonytony208(m): 1:42pm On Jan 08, 2018
CplusJason:
Though am not a yourba, but this Ooni of Ife is simply the best monarch we have in the SW region.

His relationship with the common man on the street is absolutely amazing.

God bless the Ooni of Ife.

God bless Delta State.

God bless Chief James Onanefe Ibori.

Had he ever associated with you on the street before?
Re: 'God Is The King Of Kings'; Ooni Of Ife Joins Christians For Prayers. Photos by fajob: 1:46pm On Jan 08, 2018
yea

Lets talk your ICT NEEDS

www.jolagict.com
Re: 'God Is The King Of Kings'; Ooni Of Ife Joins Christians For Prayers. Photos by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 08, 2018
CplusJason:
Though am not a yourba, but this Ooni of Ife is simply the best monarch we have in the SW region.

God bless Delta State.

God bless your THIEF ibori abi, always supporting criminal is your hobby I know.
Re: 'God Is The King Of Kings'; Ooni Of Ife Joins Christians For Prayers. Photos by CplusJason: 2:20pm On Jan 08, 2018
sulesadat:

God bless your THIEF ibori abi, always supporting criminal is your hobby I know.
I have supported your dad countless times... I think he's a criminal too. cheesy
Re: 'God Is The King Of Kings'; Ooni Of Ife Joins Christians For Prayers. Photos by Olabenjamen22(m): 2:29pm On Jan 08, 2018
abdelrahman:
God is above king of kings,don't compare the earth king to GOD.

And who is comparing God with the earthy king here? Smh
Re: 'God Is The King Of Kings'; Ooni Of Ife Joins Christians For Prayers. Photos by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jan 08, 2018
Olabenjamen22:

And who is comparing God with the earthy king here? Smh
nobody,try to understand what i mean,oro sunuku oju sunuku la fi wo.
Re: 'God Is The King Of Kings'; Ooni Of Ife Joins Christians For Prayers. Photos by God2man(m): 2:49pm On Jan 08, 2018
This is a king with a good heart.
Re: 'God Is The King Of Kings'; Ooni Of Ife Joins Christians For Prayers. Photos by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 08, 2018
PrettyCrystal:
The Arole Oduduwa, Ooni Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ojaja II, has called for national peace, unity and tranquility which he said are the pillars to strengthen Nigeria’s quest for socio-economic development in 2018.

The Ooni of Ife who is the Spiritual leader of the Yoruba race said this in Ile-Ife on Saturday at the Grand-finale of the interdenominatonal New Year Prayer Programme organised by the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Ife Chapter.

He acknowledged the goodness of God for the gift of life and the opportunity to witness the day.

The Co-chairman of National Traditional Rulers Council Of Nigeria also urged Christians to let their thanksgivings always supersede their requests from God.

“God is the Almighty King of Kings that spares our lives throughout 2017 till date despite all challenges facing each and every one of us. "There is nothing we can offer Him than to give Him all our praises throughout the days of our lives.

"Only God is worthy of our praises for we are still alive to see the new year, who can questioned God, if we all have been buried in the year 2017?". Ooni said.

The African foremost monarch called on Christians to always pray for peaceful coexistence before, during and after the forthcoming elections across the state and the entire country, saying they must support Governor Rauf Aregbesola of the State of Osun and his cabinet in their efforts to make the state a better place for businesses to thrive and for peace to reign.

He ended his speech at the inter-denominational event by counselling the youths to always shun violence and to work assiduously for a brighter future of the country.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/01/ooni-preaches-peace-at-end-the-year-service-asks-citizens-to-pray-for-the-state.html

Every religion has their own Savior King of Kings... grin
Re: 'God Is The King Of Kings'; Ooni Of Ife Joins Christians For Prayers. Photos by EBISABA(m): 3:26pm On Jan 08, 2018
CAN ONE SERVE TWO MASTERS?... HAPPY NEW YEAR PALS
Re: 'God Is The King Of Kings'; Ooni Of Ife Joins Christians For Prayers. Photos by Antichristus: 3:28pm On Jan 08, 2018
There is no advanced economy in the world whose advancement and development is contingent upon a praying but a diligent people. No amount of prayers would change Nigeria's woes. It is by consciously being diligent in all that Nigerians do that would make Nigeria great again. For now, and until then, Nigeria remains the biblical 'ichabod'.
Re: 'God Is The King Of Kings'; Ooni Of Ife Joins Christians For Prayers. Photos by UncutSk(m): 4:19pm On Jan 08, 2018
afonjas and juju fear them
Re: 'God Is The King Of Kings'; Ooni Of Ife Joins Christians For Prayers. Photos by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jan 08, 2018
CplusJason:
I have supported your dad countless times... I think he's a criminal too. cheesy

you don't know my dad, besides I didn't call your dad in this, nigga don't tryna be funny here, you supports crime and criminals period.
Re: 'God Is The King Of Kings'; Ooni Of Ife Joins Christians For Prayers. Photos by CplusJason: 4:40pm On Jan 08, 2018
sulesadat:

you don't know my dad, besides I didn't call your dad in this, nigga don't tryna be funny here, you supports crime and criminals period.
I see that hurts you so well bro... But guess what? Ibori is also someone's dad...

i will always support your dad bro. cool
Re: 'God Is The King Of Kings'; Ooni Of Ife Joins Christians For Prayers. Photos by Smooyis(m): 4:51pm On Jan 08, 2018
Wow what a wise king grin
Re: 'God Is The King Of Kings'; Ooni Of Ife Joins Christians For Prayers. Photos by Olabenjamen22(m): 5:38pm On Jan 08, 2018
abdelrahman:
nobody,try to understand what i mean,oro sunuku oju sunuku la fi wo.
Ok oo
Re: 'God Is The King Of Kings'; Ooni Of Ife Joins Christians For Prayers. Photos by ekestic1976(f): 6:18pm On Jan 08, 2018
There has never been a spiritual or political Head of Yoruba. Ooni is the Foremost Oba in Yorubaland, simple! If in doubt, go and read Yoruba history and Profeessor JA Atanda's "The New Oyo Empire, etc."
Re: 'God Is The King Of Kings'; Ooni Of Ife Joins Christians For Prayers. Photos by gGGODDd(m): 7:36pm On Jan 08, 2018
foolish Ooni who is suppose to be the custodian of African tradition n culture he's there fooling himself with victims of Roman indoctrination . ask him if d non existing Christian god or d fake white man jesus or d church was consulted during his coronation or if it were African Shrines. These r pple that lack idea of being custodians of traditions n they got coronated. foolish king who doesn't know he's a deity on his own but intead he claims the non existent jewish bastard from middle east isreal is d king of kings (king of only yoruba kings). in my kingdom the kings are living GODS cus when they exist 4 d next relm the crown Prince who assumes the throne erects his father's statue n the late king's spirit is invoked or summoned back into the place to protect his son the new king n the late king is being worshipped by the people as a GOD. Our monarchs are GODS like the benin monarch. Oba is the GOD of Benin pple n will not say what this shame of a monarch is sayn. Ooni a foolish boy that wears a sacred crown he knows nothing about. I also know of a more foolish one called oluwo of iwo. yoruba monarchs really ain't sh!t. they not kings
Re: 'God Is The King Of Kings'; Ooni Of Ife Joins Christians For Prayers. Photos by Alaska90(m): 8:04pm On Jan 08, 2018
CplusJason:

God bless Delta State.

SMH...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi Gives Speech At Pennsylvania Parliament (Pics) / Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli, Visit Ijaw And Urhobo Monarchs (photos) / Tiv Cultural Group Dazzle At The Lagos Street Carnival (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.