Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,139 members, 7,845,782 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Mark, At 62, Seeks Divine Help For Nigeria ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mark, At 62, Seeks Divine Help For Nigeria ! (967 Views)

President Jonathan Congratulates David Mark At 67 / Mark Seeks Divine Intervention To End Boko Haram, Political Crisis / Jonathan Seeks Divine Intervention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mark, At 62, Seeks Divine Help For Nigeria ! by wales(m): 10:58am On Apr 09, 2010
After several minutes of recounting Nigeria’s political and economic travails, the president of the Senate, David Mark, on his birthday, said he is confident that “God will intervene in a positive way.”

Mr. Mark, who turned 62 on Thursday, spoke in an early-morning prayer session at St. Mulumba Catholic Chapel, Apo, Abuja. He said that regardless of the challenges and difficulties Nigeria faces presently, “I am hopeful that God will see us through”.

Prayer for leaders

Mr. Mark called on Nigerians to continue to pray for the nation and its leaders in order to overcome its challenges.

“There is no gift that is bigger than the gift of prayers,” Mr. Mark said. “Politicians go through a lot of temptations, countless in number, it is only through our support, fasting and prayers that they can survive and triumph.

“I am certain that our prayers for the country and our leaders during the Easter celebration will not go in vain to seeing Nigeria through.

“All we need as a nation is prayers that God in His infinite mercy should help our land”.

The Senate president noted the temptations leaders in Nigeria face by the day and concluded that only supplication to God could see them through.

Mr. Mark has often, at most public religious events, requested for prayers from Nigerians for either ailing President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua or the unsettled political balance in Nigeria.

Guests pray

Scores of politicians including Maurice Iwu, chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and the newly-appointed ministers attended the early-morning prayer session.

In the homily, Rev. Jerome Bello urged Nigerians to have faith and believe in the country as a way to invoke God’s intervention on every aspect of the nation’s plight.

“God wants us to demonstrate our faith for our miracles to happen,” said Mr. Bello. “We should also believe in ourselves to overcome any obstacles on our ways. Miracles are not automatic, it happens when we play our own part of faith.”

Mr. Bello and guests offered prayers for a democratic stability in the country and for wisdom for leaders.

Link:

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/5552229-147/mark_at_62_seeks_divine_help.csp

Re: Mark, At 62, Seeks Divine Help For Nigeria ! by naijamini(m): 3:08am On Apr 10, 2010
What a coincidence? God has a reply for our leaders - I don't know if they will believe it, but it his message for a nation led by similar rogues in the 7th centur BC in Ezekiel 22: 4-12

4: "by your blood that you have shed you have become guilty, and by your dungy idols that you have made you have become unclean. And you bring your days near, and you will come to your years. That is why I must make you an object of reproach to the nations and of jeering to all the lands."
5: "The nearby and those far away from you will jeer you, O you unclean in name, abounding in confusion."
6: "Look! The chieftains of Israel have proved to be in you, each one to his arm for the purpose of shedding blood."
7: "Father and mother they have treated with contempt in you. Toward the alien resident they have acted with defrauding in the midst of you. Fatherless boy and widow they have maltreated in you."
8: "My holy places you have despised, and my sabbaths you have profaned."
9: "Outright slanderers have proved to be in you, for the purpose of shedding blood; and on the mountains they have eaten in you. Loose conduct they have carried on in the midst of you."
12: "A bribe they have taken in you for the purpose of shedding blood. Interest and usury you have taken, and you violently keep making gain of your companions with defrauding, and me you have forgotten, is the utterance of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah"

wales:

After several minutes of recounting Nigeria’s political and economic travails, the president of the Senate, David Mark, on his birthday, said he is confident that “God will intervene in a positive way.”

Mr. Mark, who turned 62 on Thursday, spoke in an early-morning prayer session at St. Mulumba Catholic Chapel, Apo, Abuja. He said that regardless of the challenges and difficulties Nigeria faces presently, “I am hopeful that God will see us through”.

Prayer for leaders

Mr. Mark called on Nigerians to continue to pray for the nation and its leaders in order to overcome its challenges.

“There is no gift that is bigger than the gift of prayers,” Mr. Mark said. “Politicians go through a lot of temptations, countless in number, it is only through our support, fasting and prayers that they can survive and triumph.

“I am certain that our prayers for the country and our leaders during the Easter celebration will not go in vain to seeing Nigeria through.

“All we need as a nation is prayers that God in His infinite mercy should help our land”.

The Senate president noted the temptations leaders in Nigeria face by the day and concluded that only supplication to God could see them through.

Mr. Mark has often, at most public religious events, requested for prayers from Nigerians for either ailing President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua or the unsettled political balance in Nigeria.

Guests pray

Scores of politicians including Maurice Iwu, chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and the newly-appointed ministers attended the early-morning prayer session.

In the homily, Rev. Jerome Bello urged Nigerians to have faith and believe in the country as a way to invoke God’s intervention on every aspect of the nation’s plight.

“God wants us to demonstrate our faith for our miracles to happen,” said Mr. Bello. “We should also believe in ourselves to overcome any obstacles on our ways. Miracles are not automatic, it happens when we play our own part of faith.”

Mr. Bello and guests offered prayers for a democratic stability in the country and for wisdom for leaders.

Link:

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/5552229-147/mark_at_62_seeks_divine_help.csp

Re: Mark, At 62, Seeks Divine Help For Nigeria ! by naijamini(m): 3:19am On Apr 10, 2010
And the message of God to Nigeria continues - Ezekiel 22:25-30

25: "There is conspiracy of her prophets in the midst of her, like the roaring lion, tearing prey. A soul they actually devour. Treasure and precious things they keep taking. Her widows they have multiplied in the midst of her."
26: "Her priests themselves have done violence to my law, and they keep profaning my holy places. Between the holy thing and the common they have made no distinction, and between the unclean thing and the clean they have made nothing known, and from my sabbaths they have hidden their eyes, and I am profaned in the midst of them."
27: "Her princes in the midst of her are like wolves tearing prey in shedding blood, in destroying souls for the purpose of making unjust gain."
28: "And her prophets have plastered for them with whitewash, visioning an unreality and divining for them a lie saying: This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah himself has sadi, when Jehovah himself has not spoken.
29: "The people of the land themselves have carried on a scheme of defrauding and have done a tearing away in robbery, and the afflicted one and the poor one they have maltreated, and the alien resident they have defrauded without justice."
30: "And I kept looking for a man from among them who would be repairing the stone wall and standing in the gap before me in behalf of the land, not to bring it to ruin; AND I FOUND NO ONE."
Re: Mark, At 62, Seeks Divine Help For Nigeria ! by blacksta(m): 5:26am On Apr 10, 2010
As Fela said " The same people wey rule Nigeria dey spoil Nigeria"

(1) (Reply)

Three Feared Dead As Pdp, Anpp Win Fct Polls / Rebadu To Become Vp? / Jonathan May Be Nigeria’s Last President If: , Says Iyc President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.