Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,910 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

My Computer Is Very Slow, How Do I Improve The Speed - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Computer Is Very Slow, How Do I Improve The Speed (924 Views)

My System Is Slow,how Can I Fix This Problem. / Help Needed. My Computer Is Not Recognising My Mtn Modem / My Internet Connection Is Now Very Slow, How Do I Improve Its' Speed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Computer Is Very Slow, How Do I Improve The Speed by lovelybobo: 11:36am On Apr 09, 2010
Please i have Acer E725 and any time i power it on i discover it to be very slow and once i openĀ  more than two or three applications.
the system will stop responding. please somebody should help me. what do i do?
Re: My Computer Is Very Slow, How Do I Improve The Speed by emekapeter: 8:57pm On Apr 09, 2010
u can upgrade the memory . i mean changing the one in ur system to a higher one. call EMEKA 08063077546/ visit my office EROCK COMPUTERS at 29 otigba street [computer village ] ikeja lagos beside spring bank .
Re: My Computer Is Very Slow, How Do I Improve The Speed by lovelybobo: 9:31pm On Apr 09, 2010
my dear emeka, the ram size is 3G
Re: My Computer Is Very Slow, How Do I Improve The Speed by specimenx(m): 9:06am On Apr 10, 2010
Download tuneup utility.a 30 software.run 1click maintainance add still on d software main app, run registry defrag. Ccleaner is the 2nd software to try but dont miss tuneup.
Re: My Computer Is Very Slow, How Do I Improve The Speed by kamikazee0(m): 4:52pm On Apr 12, 2010
@ poster
If i may ask. What is the configuration of your PC.
esp. Processor icluding (Class) and what OS r u running?

P.S i agree with specimenx about tuneup utilities. You should also try to use it to freeup disk space. Clogged up temporary folder will reduce system performance.

Cheers.
Re: My Computer Is Very Slow, How Do I Improve The Speed by Stepbaby(f): 9:35pm On Apr 13, 2010
mine is slow too, cheese i feel like disposing it off
Re: My Computer Is Very Slow, How Do I Improve The Speed by lovelybobo: 10:30am On Apr 14, 2010
thanks everyone

i have solved the problem, it was a virus that takes up 60% of my cpu utilization that caused the problem.
i am sure this will help someone out there.

Immediately after booting, the virus assigns 60% of the cpu utilization to its self and i am left with 40% to work with and once i open more than two
applications the system will stop responding.
Re: My Computer Is Very Slow, How Do I Improve The Speed by Kajool: 2:21pm On Nov 16, 2014
There are MANY reasons for computer slow downs:
not enough memory
too many programs starting up with windows at boot up time
too many junk files
too many restore points

Clean windows registry can speed up the computer.
Over time, you install new programs, uninstalled unimportant programs, update software's, install new devices,
download files from the web, etcetera, hence embarking all records in the registry system.
This is normal, but it is not wise to leave it untouched.
Once in a while, you have to check and remove files that are no longer in use to maintain the speed of your PC.
Clean registry make pc faster.
http://registry-computer-cleaner.com
It will improve your computer and Internetperformance dramatically! Do all these and Perform speed here http://www.scanmyspeed.com/ once it will sounds better ...

(1) (Reply)

Read And Access Your Family Mobile,my Bluehack Software Best To Hack Bluetooth / Adobe Photoshop Cs4 Certification 9a0-094 Practice Test / Hp Dell D610 Laptop For Sale@40k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.