Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

My Landlord Wants His Rent After Packing Out Of His House With Quit Notice. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Landlord Wants His Rent After Packing Out Of His House With Quit Notice. (615 Views)

Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos / How A Lady's Apartment Collapsed 4 Months After Packing In (Photos) / My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Landlord Wants His Rent After Packing Out Of His House With Quit Notice. by mustykay: 11:15am On Jan 08, 2018
I once lived in Mr Peter's house around Igando, Lagos. My 3BED ROOM flat roof has been leaking for 3 years and he has refused to fix it after several promises. So this time around after expiration of my rent last February i decided not to renew rent until my leaking roof is fixed, the next thing i saw was a QUIT notice which i gladly acknowledged.After the expiration i told him i wanted to go to the law court and his threat reduced.All this while , he had disconnected my light and water into my flat and i didnt do anything.
Now i just relocated to the next street and he is always knocking on my gate to see my new landlord in demand for rent i used in his house.
PLS HOW DO I SOLVE THIS?
Re: My Landlord Wants His Rent After Packing Out Of His House With Quit Notice. by Lovetinz(m): 11:25am On Jan 08, 2018
If you owed him rent, you must pay.
Want to know your options? Ask a lawyer.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Wants His Rent After Packing Out Of His House With Quit Notice. by acenazt: 11:30am On Jan 08, 2018
bullshit. nothing like that No pay am Shishi that man is a mad man. next tym he comes tell him to beat u and collect it. u need my help? mk I for come nack him papa some sense. e be like the man don dey smoke.
Re: My Landlord Wants His Rent After Packing Out Of His House With Quit Notice. by mustykay: 11:33am On Jan 08, 2018
Lovetinz:
If you owed him rent, you must pay.
Want to know your options? Ask a lawyer.

i didn't owe him a day rent until he gave me quit notice.A m i supposed to pay him while my quit notice is on?
Re: My Landlord Wants His Rent After Packing Out Of His House With Quit Notice. by Lovetinz(m): 11:34am On Jan 08, 2018
^^Yes.
Re: My Landlord Wants His Rent After Packing Out Of His House With Quit Notice. by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:43pm On Jan 08, 2018
just because you have quit notice, does NOT mean you shouldnt pay rent. if you stayed in the house any day without paying rent then YES you owe the landlord. the fact that he gave you an ultimatum to leave does NOT mean you can live in his house rent free. come on!

(1) (Reply)

Affordable Land For Sale in Lagos@N600k per plot.PROMO:BUY 6 GET 1 FREE.SOLD OU / I Need A Good Tiler In Enugu / An Estate With Genuine Cofo Document And Great Neighborhoods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.