Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Islamic Ruling On Referring To ALLAH By Other Names - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islamic Ruling On Referring To ALLAH By Other Names (6731 Views)

Islamic Ruling On DNA Testing To Establish Paternity / Can We Attribute An Ear To Allah? / Islamic Ruling On Blowing Oneself Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islamic Ruling On Referring To ALLAH By Other Names by Candlelight07(m): 12:18pm On Jan 12, 2018
i've since gave up on following people's misleading Thread ever since i came across Aje-awa in Yoruba regarding it as Shirk...WTF happened to intention?

May Allah not lead us astray through this extremism here and there..

1 Like

Re: Islamic Ruling On Referring To ALLAH By Other Names by mukhtara446(m): 12:50pm On Jan 12, 2018
People Should Stop taking fatwa's of sheikhs from different placed and time to applied it on people. Fatwa are given by scholars for some issues arise at their time in their place, you bringing fatwa giving by taymiyyah to justify your saying I don't think it was right, saying of Allah predated coming of the messager P.B.U.H with his message, they upon even give him a wife namely Al- lata and they worship her as one of their biggest deity of worship. God know's Best

1 Like

Re: Islamic Ruling On Referring To ALLAH By Other Names by Demmzy15(m): 1:26pm On Jan 12, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

Exactly, Sissie should beware of this OP.
He should be banned totally! angry

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Ruling On Referring To ALLAH By Other Names by Sissie(f): 1:47pm On Jan 12, 2018
personal59:

am still saying it Seun needs to change the Islam page mods

same way he push a highly controversial post out last week

mod please what's ur intention?

Do you know that mods can’t push to front-page, only supermods can. So before requesting for them to be removed, know how it works.
Re: Islamic Ruling On Referring To ALLAH By Other Names by Sissie(f): 1:49pm On Jan 12, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

Exactly, Sissie should beware of this OP.

I can only hide or ban him when he breaks a rule. Can’t ban him for being less than smart, or for having extreme views.

I am quite aware of him.

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Ruling On Referring To ALLAH By Other Names by personal59: 4:07pm On Jan 12, 2018
Sissie:

Do you know that mods can’t push to front-page, only supermods can. So before requesting for them to be removed, know how it works.

there should be a way all this things are vet most especially religious issue now Seun please call ur supermod o

thank you for the correction
Re: Islamic Ruling On Referring To ALLAH By Other Names by Housing(m): 5:14pm On Jan 12, 2018
The Op's views are outrageous people like him should be placed under serious scrutiny. Pushing his post to front page has helped in identifying his ideology which is weird and smacks ignorance of the religion (Islam) he believes he is preaching.
Re: Islamic Ruling On Referring To ALLAH By Other Names by oyinda1599(f): 5:25pm On Jan 12, 2018
ShaheedBinAliyu:

The name of prophets, ALLAH's name (s) , histories told.. Evewrything is ibadah.. We must not alter it. .
solo now we cannot praise God in our language, oga oo.U really need to understand that we have different languages in the world and I believe we can always personally praise him in our language now,everybody cannot be Arab now.pls stop doing over sabi and post something people will learn from not confuse u....olohun in Yoruba even means the owner of everything, waoo is that not beautiful enough....nawa for u ooo op
Re: Islamic Ruling On Referring To ALLAH By Other Names by oyinda1599(f): 5:36pm On Jan 12, 2018
Housing:
The Op's views are outrageous people like him should be placed under serious scrutiny. Pushing his post to front page has helped in identifying his ideology which is weird and smacks ignorance of the religion (Islam) he believes he is preaching.
even prophet warns us to beware of extremist like him....
Re: Islamic Ruling On Referring To ALLAH By Other Names by smallrincowis16(m): 5:43pm On Jan 12, 2018
Specyano:
this kind of people are those who make other people think d word is an idol..... the word Allah is an Arabic word, if u decide to give it another name in ur mother tongue and not deviating from d original meaning I see nothing wrong.
I believe people misunderstood OP, although i disagree with him but he's correct with his own view.
OLOHUN to the OP means ENITI ONI OHUN(owner of every thing), but to me OLOHUN means ALMA'BUD(the being worthy of being worshiped). ALLAH means ALMA'BUD(worthy of being worshiped).
if anyone beliefs ALLAH is OLOHUN(the worthy of being worshiped) then he's right, but if he/she beliefs is that ALLAH is OLOHUN(the owner of everything) then he/she is wrong(he's done shirk i.e tahweel). BUT if one belief that OLOHUN(the owner of everything) is ALMALIK(the owner) then he's right.
thats my best explanation
Re: Islamic Ruling On Referring To ALLAH By Other Names by Ashabam(m): 10:36pm On Jan 12, 2018
Op can you please translite the meaning of Allah for us in Yoruba or Ur mother tongue?
Re: Islamic Ruling On Referring To ALLAH By Other Names by Specyano(m): 11:40pm On Jan 12, 2018
smallrincowis16:

I believe people misunderstood OP, although i disagree with him but he's correct with his own view.
OLOHUN to the OP means ENITI ONI OHUN(owner of every thing), but to me OLOHUN means ALMA'BUD(the being worthy of being worshiped). ALLAH means ALMA'BUD(worthy of being worshiped).
if anyone beliefs ALLAH is OLOHUN(the worthy of being worshiped) then he's right, but if he/she beliefs is that ALLAH is OLOHUN(the owner of everything) then he/she is wrong(he's done shirk i.e tahweel). BUT if one belief that OLOHUN(the owner of everything) is ALMALIK(the owner) then he's right.
thats my best explanation

Pls stop confusing ursef wit d yoruba i beg. Olohun (the creator) is different from O lon hun (the owner) pls dont contradict d original meaning (the creator)

1 Like

Re: Islamic Ruling On Referring To ALLAH By Other Names by smallrincowis16(m): 9:42pm On Jan 13, 2018
Specyano:

Pls stop confusing ursef wit d yoruba i beg. Olohun (the creator) is different from O lon hun (the owner) pls dont contradict d original meaning (the creator)
i belief you're not well versed in YORUBA, i'm sorry to say it, you're not OMO YORUBA IJINLE,
there are about three meaning of OLOHUN in YORUBA land with elders. i choose the most appropriate and the correct one bro.
(1)OLOHUN can mean OLO HUN(as in OLO the owner and OHUN which means THINGS), together it forms "the owner of everything"
(2) OLOHUN can mean OLORUN(as in the the creator and "resider" of heaven) and
(3) OLOHUN can mean ONI O HUN(as in the one who don't fear any repercussin i.e ENI TI NKAN KO LE HUN)
Re: Islamic Ruling On Referring To ALLAH By Other Names by asakeaina: 8:39pm On Jan 17, 2018
The poster is clearly an extremist, thus the prophet of Allah SAW warned us against extremism in religious matter. For verily extremism deviates one from the right part. Saying Allah can only be refer to by an Arabic name is just like saying he is an Arab god. So what happens to the verse . All praises are due to Allah the Lord of the universe, Alhamdullilah Robbi li alameen.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! / Ruling On Someone Who Prayed Wearing An Impure Garment By Mistake / 'Islam For Muslims' Library

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.