Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,197 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Breast Implants Linked To A Rare Cancer - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Breast Implants Linked To A Rare Cancer (308 Views)

Who Are Good Candidates For Breast Augmentation And Breast Implants? / Baby Born With A Rare Condition In Umaru Shehu Hospital In Borno (Graphic) / My Breast Implants Made Me Sick For Years, And Nobody Believed Me' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Breast Implants Linked To A Rare Cancer by IbnIbrahim: 11:05pm On Jan 08, 2018
Women with breast implants are at increased risk of developing a rare type of cancer of the immune system, but the overall chance of getting this cancer from implants is very low, according to a new study from the Netherlands.

The study provides one of the most precise estimates to date of the risk for women with breast implants of developing this cancer, which is called anaplastic large cell lymphoma (ALCL), the researchers said. ALCL is not breast cancer; rather, it is a type of lymphoma, which is a cancer of the immune system cells. When it occurs in women with breast implants, the cancer typically appears in the scar tissue around the implant.

In the new study, the researchers estimated that, for women who get breast implants, the risk of developing ALCL in the breast is 1 in 35,000 at age 50, 1 in 12,000 at age 70, and 1 in 7,000 at age 75.

Although the risk is low, the researchers recommended that women considering breast implants for cosmetic or reconstructive purposes should be counselled about the risk of ALCL, as well as the symptoms of the disease.

Link: http://www.hotproforum.com/topic860.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breast Implants Linked To A Rare Cancer by uboma(m): 12:51am On Jan 09, 2018
I wonder why some women go to the length of modifying their body parts.

While watching one of my favourites, 1000 Ways to Die, sometime recently, there was this pretty lady who due to low self-esteem opted to enlarge her breasts and planned on going into the strip dancing business thereafter. After the surgery, she boarded a commercial plane and see all the guys having a good look at the curvy boobs. But the more altitude their climbed, her boobs kept swelling till they burst, resulting to her death. This was attributed to fake silicones implanted in her.

In summary, they are grave consequences that will follow after body modification.

Appreciate what you have and build up your self esteem.

Mix with friends who appreciate your personality.....

(1) (Reply)

MAXCLINIC] Cirmage Lifting Stick 23g / 15 Efficient Ways To Keep Diabetes Under Control / Ambode Seeks Support Of Residents To Deliver Clean, Hygienic City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.