Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,352 members, 7,836,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Nigeria Among 10 Cheapest Places To Buy Petrol In The World – Punch - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Among 10 Cheapest Places To Buy Petrol In The World – Punch (18946 Views)

Nigeria, China, India Among 10 Most Improved Economies – World Bank / Nigeria Is The 6th Cheapest Place To Buy Petrol In The World / Don't Buy Petrol Above Approved Pump Price Of N145 Per Litre– NNPC GMD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Among 10 Cheapest Places To Buy Petrol In The World – Punch by Bollinger(m): 10:38am On Jan 09, 2018
kings09:
Buhari n Apc sha wants to increase dis petrol price n make it seem they r doing us a favor.

Chai, where are those dat danced at the ojota park against Gej. Y'all need to apologize to Gej as u were sold a packaged lie

Awon oloshi

Lol. Apologize to GEJ. It's like choosing between Hitler and Stalin. Buhari is a horrible leader and so is GEJ. Una never really understand the tin we de happen and the tin we go happen. Una tink say e bad now. Smh. Una never see anytin. With or without Buhari.
Re: Nigeria Among 10 Cheapest Places To Buy Petrol In The World – Punch by JONNYSPUTE(m): 10:38am On Jan 09, 2018
sholatech:
These articles are usually shared when Government wants to increase fuel price ooo. I'm not a Millennial, far older, so I'm used to these articles Tey-Tey.
. No mind them,the next thing we will hear is an increase in petrol price
Re: Nigeria Among 10 Cheapest Places To Buy Petrol In The World – Punch by josephobaro(m): 10:39am On Jan 09, 2018
When the dollar rate is high, it will seem cheap.
Re: Nigeria Among 10 Cheapest Places To Buy Petrol In The World – Punch by gurunlocker: 10:39am On Jan 09, 2018
Have they compared how much they earn in countries where fuel is expensive to Nigeria?

I am sure they are posting this article in preparation to increase fuel pump price...
Re: Nigeria Among 10 Cheapest Places To Buy Petrol In The World – Punch by greatermax77(m): 10:40am On Jan 09, 2018
And they refused to compare the living standard & home currency value. Useless APC
Re: Nigeria Among 10 Cheapest Places To Buy Petrol In The World – Punch by itsandi(m): 10:40am On Jan 09, 2018
These guys are up to something and Punch is supporting them
Re: Nigeria Among 10 Cheapest Places To Buy Petrol In The World – Punch by legendsilver(m): 10:41am On Jan 09, 2018
Time to vote against anything petrol price increase angry
Re: Nigeria Among 10 Cheapest Places To Buy Petrol In The World – Punch by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 09, 2018
okay. smiley
Re: Nigeria Among 10 Cheapest Places To Buy Petrol In The World – Punch by Xtopher123(m): 10:41am On Jan 09, 2018
NaoSlay:

Cheapest to buy petrol?

God bless president MUHAMMADU buhari for this.

Tremendous achievement.

I could perceive the sarcasm from afar..
Re: Nigeria Among 10 Cheapest Places To Buy Petrol In The World – Punch by Xtopher123(m): 10:43am On Jan 09, 2018
and in 3 yrs we moved from 1st or 2nd to 8th..

If the Government were your child would you congratulate him...?

we're supposed to be going higher not lower..
Re: Nigeria Among 10 Cheapest Places To Buy Petrol In The World – Punch by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 09, 2018
did they write this article considering also the minimum wage?
Re: Nigeria Among 10 Cheapest Places To Buy Petrol In The World – Punch by RickandMorty: 10:45am On Jan 09, 2018
It's not cheap if you consider the minimum wage in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Among 10 Cheapest Places To Buy Petrol In The World – Punch by VictorRomanov: 10:45am On Jan 09, 2018
Facts like this can be misleading. They should compare it with the minimum wage of the citizens of these countries and see if it's actually cheap. Something is cheap when you can afford it.

I'm happy Venezuela is no. 1. We all know what's happening in Venezuela.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Among 10 Cheapest Places To Buy Petrol In The World – Punch by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:45am On Jan 09, 2018
When is Nigeria going to compete with Venezuela ($0.01) as against Nigerians ($0.40) that is what a reasonable government that wants to alleviate the sufferings of the people will be thinking of undecided

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Among 10 Cheapest Places To Buy Petrol In The World – Punch by Rockyrascal(m): 10:48am On Jan 09, 2018
Those countries, where fuel prices are cheaper including Nigeria, are they not oil producing countries?
Re: Nigeria Among 10 Cheapest Places To Buy Petrol In The World – Punch by AnodaIT(m): 10:50am On Jan 09, 2018
I wish they could also compare the minimum wages
Re: Nigeria Among 10 Cheapest Places To Buy Petrol In The World – Punch by Lomprico2: 10:52am On Jan 09, 2018
Fg trying to justify their planned pump price increase.
Re: Nigeria Among 10 Cheapest Places To Buy Petrol In The World – Punch by bobaydavid(m): 10:52am On Jan 09, 2018
During the Regimen of Goodluck Jonathan the economy wasn't has bad as this. He just didn't successfully Secured the Administration Unfortunately. This is a recent Publication. To the Current Administration, there is always Room for Improvement.
Re: Nigeria Among 10 Cheapest Places To Buy Petrol In The World – Punch by gaskiyamagana: 10:53am On Jan 09, 2018
Among how many with cheapest monthly salary to justify cheapest fuel price in the world? This finding will make Punch pass integrity test of balance reporting.
Re: Nigeria Among 10 Cheapest Places To Buy Petrol In The World – Punch by oloyin56: 10:56am On Jan 09, 2018
I can't wait for 2019 abeg
Re: Nigeria Among 10 Cheapest Places To Buy Petrol In The World – Punch by ogtavia(m): 10:57am On Jan 09, 2018
Bollinger:

Lol. Apologize to GEJ. It's like choosing between Hitler and Stalin. Buhari is a horrible leader and so is GEJ. Una never really understand the tin we de happen and the tin we go happen. Una tink say e bad now. Smh. Una never see anytin. With or without Buhari.
abeg sir...wetin dey happen and wetin go happen?
Re: Nigeria Among 10 Cheapest Places To Buy Petrol In The World – Punch by salmonkas178(m): 11:11am On Jan 09, 2018
....that's simply cause our Naira has depreciated compared to USD
Re: Nigeria Among 10 Cheapest Places To Buy Petrol In The World – Punch by Sirjamo: 11:11am On Jan 09, 2018
Fesomu:
We must be patient, patriotic and reasonable in our dealings with government. We must remember we are over 200m in Nigeria and it's not easy for government to cater for us all. Say what u want about buhari, we can only get better under him. Our Igbo brothers must play smart politics in 2019 rather than politics of hate.
They will certainly roast you today, do not speak the truth on NL if you are not in the mood to be wrongly abused.
Re: Nigeria Among 10 Cheapest Places To Buy Petrol In The World – Punch by mnwogu(m): 11:12am On Jan 09, 2018
This govt self. They are so quick in making comparisons. We hv lost every grip of hope in them. They are talking abt being among the 10 cheapest countries abi. What abt other macroeconomic parameters like employment, per capita income etc. Where are we placed on these compared to these countries we are being measured with? Minimum wage remains at abt $60 and our govt is here making useless justifications. 2018 may need to hasten up for 2019 to come faster. Nonesense!!!
Re: Nigeria Among 10 Cheapest Places To Buy Petrol In The World – Punch by Bollinger(m): 11:13am On Jan 09, 2018
ogtavia:
abeg sir...wetin dey happen and wetin go happen?

Wetin de happen be say, una never learn una lesson. And wetin go happen be say because of that, in 2090 una go still de look for better pesin to lead una. Anybody wey fit tok say GEJ better pass PMB never learn im lesson.
Re: Nigeria Among 10 Cheapest Places To Buy Petrol In The World – Punch by notttty(m): 11:15am On Jan 09, 2018
jazinogold:
sad

Have you forgotten that Crude oil is our natural resources? why wud you compare Nigeria to other countries who don't have crude oil as natural resources?

If you agree that Nigeria is the cheapest place to buy petrol click LIKE, If you think otherwise click SHARE

What is tghis one saying? do we have more crude oil reserve like saudi arabia that sell petrol to her citizen higher than nigeria? before u compare with kuwait that sells cheaper, whats there population? whats the population olf iran? or ecuado. think deep before type .
Re: Nigeria Among 10 Cheapest Places To Buy Petrol In The World – Punch by shedy03(m): 11:17am On Jan 09, 2018
sholatech:
These articles are usually shared when Government wants to increase fuel price ooo. I'm not a Millennial, far older, so I'm used to these articles Tey-Tey.
lol. true.
Re: Nigeria Among 10 Cheapest Places To Buy Petrol In The World – Punch by Ndkings1(m): 11:18am On Jan 09, 2018
In contrast, given the fact that Nigeria is the 10th largest exporter of crude oil in the world and with the oil highest deposit, 145 per liter is too expensive and we are supposed to be paying more than 50naira per liter in the first place.
Re: Nigeria Among 10 Cheapest Places To Buy Petrol In The World – Punch by martineverest(m): 11:24am On Jan 09, 2018
jazinogold:
sad

Have you forgotten that Crude oil is our natural resources? why wud you compare Nigeria to other countries who don't have crude oil as natural resources?

If you agree that Nigeria is the cheapest place to buy petrol click LIKE, If you think otherwise click SHARE

check the list...almost all of dem are oil producers
Re: Nigeria Among 10 Cheapest Places To Buy Petrol In The World – Punch by MikeBetty(m): 11:25am On Jan 09, 2018
FastestTech:

https://punchng.com/nigeria-among-10-cheapest-places-to-buy-petrol-report/amp/

That Would Have Been A Goodnews But It Is The Worst News To Us Because Our Naira Is Very Weak. The Author Of This Stupid Article Also Fail To Tell The World That Nigeria Is One Of The Country Poorly Paid. Convert The Present Minimum Wage Of 18k Into Dollar And Tell Us How Much A Citizen Of This Country Is Earning.
Re: Nigeria Among 10 Cheapest Places To Buy Petrol In The World – Punch by Laka2bor(m): 11:30am On Jan 09, 2018
All Ds Countries Involve Av Gud Minimum Wages Compare To Nigeria. We Always Pick Other Countries To Compare Ds Country In Bad Thing C Kwait Better Country At Dat Selling Lesser Dan Nigeria Wt Gud Minimum Wage & Better Economy.Which Way Naija.
Re: Nigeria Among 10 Cheapest Places To Buy Petrol In The World – Punch by obstead200(m): 11:32am On Jan 09, 2018
FastestTech:

https://punchng.com/nigeria-among-10-cheapest-places-to-buy-petrol-report/amp/

that is a very myopic way to analyze the facts. Let me just say this, if I earn $5000 a month, buying petrol for $1 a litre cannot be a big deal to me. Maximum I will consume won't exceed 400trs a month, that would be just $400, less than 10% of my salary.
Now consider how I would feel if I earn just N160,000 and now have to buy fuel at N200 a ltr. I wud spend N80,000 (50% of my salary) on petrol a month. Do u get my drift? Always think of the average per capita income of that country before making sure baseless comparison.
It is wicked comparison which the government makes when they want to impose more hardship on the masses, knowing we a illiterate enough to swallow it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari: I Will Sign ‘Not Too Young To Run’ Bill In Few Days / FIRS Breaks All-time Record, Generates N5.3trn In One Year / Election Logistics: NURTW Writes INEC, Appoints Coordinators For Lagos, Ondo, Oy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.