Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,106 members, 7,852,751 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:10 AM

Website Or Blog? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Website Or Blog? (703 Views)

A Simple Way To Earn By Selling MTN Data Bundles On Your Website Or Blog / Get a website or blog designed and earn monthly with Google Adsense / List Your Website Or Blog On Nigerian Websites Directory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Website Or Blog? by Nobody: 9:42am On Jan 09, 2018
Hello all, I need some advice. I intend to start an educational website/blog where I'll teach O'level subjects in depth and solve as many questions as I can in the most easy to understand format. Later on I might progress to more Civil Engineering related topics (I'm an undergraduate) and might expand further to other engineering departments with the help of some friends. I might also want to include some articles/posts with advice on how to survive in the university and graduate with good grades, using some of my personal experiences as examples.

I want to know whether I should start a website or blog for this, and the advantages and disadvantages of each.

I also need some help on how to go about it. Someone suggested problogger.org to start, and I went there and followed the instructions up to the point where I was supposed to pay for hosting & a domain name. The sum total I needed to pay for these using bluehost was $249 (about N90,000); which I don't have. . .I was wondering if it was possible to start with free services first, while I try to save the money/earn some more from other channels, or even make a little from the website/blog itself, before paying.

I also saw this 'site builder' ad while I was studying on YouTube, called 'Wix'. I don't know how popular they are and I need reviews from people (Nigerians like me, to be precise) with much more experience than me. Are they reputable enough and will I be able to place ads to generate revenue easily? They also have the option to 'upgrade' plans as well to get your own domain name and more bandwidth/storage. Your input would be really appreciated
Re: Website Or Blog? by Donald3d(m): 10:23am On Jan 09, 2018
What you need is a blog ,
And you dont need to spend up to $200
I can build an affordable one for you ,self hosted with your own domain name and a good design

Why i said you need a blog is :
Its easy to edit(since you would be making constant updates) ,and you have the flexibility to do anything and since its self hosted it can also double as a site
There is a free alternative however , which is blogger , but with tonnes of limitations , thats why I advice you go for a self hosted blog .

As I said I can build one for you at an affordable price

You can reach me o8182346o55
AnonyNymous

H

1 Like

Re: Website Or Blog? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jan 09, 2018
Donald3d:
What you need is a blog ,
And you dont need to spend up to $200
I can build an affordable one for you ,self hosted with your own domain name and a good design

Why i said you need a blog is :
Its easy to edit(since you would be making constant updates) ,and you have the flexibility to do anything and since its self hosted it can also double as a site
There is a free alternative however , which is blogger , but with tonnes of limitations , thats why I advice you go for a self hosted blog .

As I said I can build one for you at an affordable price

You can reach me o8182346o55
AnonyNymous

H
Thanks for your input

Could you put me through how to do it myself? I want to be able to design it to my specific taste and as I mentioned earlier I don't really have funds atm
Re: Website Or Blog? by Donald3d(m): 1:14pm On Jan 09, 2018
AnonyNymous:

Thanks for your input

Could you put me through how to do it myself? I want to be able to design it to my specific taste and as I mentioned earlier I don't really have funds atm
Have you explored , youtube videos , they are very helpful
Re: Website Or Blog? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jan 10, 2018
Donald3d:

Have you explored , youtube videos , they are very helpful
Thanks man, they really are helpful. I've seen cheaper alternatives and I've learned a lot more. It didn't even occur to me at first to check YouTube

(1) (Reply)

Real Hardwood Natural Charcoal / I Have A Car How Can I Make Money With It? / Jumia Running At Loss, May Have A New Owner Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.