Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,930 members, 7,835,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

Anambra: Any Herdsman With AK-47 Will Be Jailed - Gov. Obiano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra: Any Herdsman With AK-47 Will Be Jailed - Gov. Obiano (346 Views)

Shiite Muslims To Soldiers With AK-47: We Are Ready To Die, Kill Us All / Ekiti Shooting; How I Almost Killed My Family With AK-47, Policeman Reveals. PIC / Anambra- Any Attempt To Announce APC As Winner Will Lead To Chaos (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Anambra: Any Herdsman With AK-47 Will Be Jailed - Gov. Obiano by meethumb: 10:30am On Jan 09, 2018
There will be no room for any herdsman wielding AK-47 rifles and other dangerous weapons in the state, anyone caught would face the wrath of the law - says the Anambra governor, Chief Willie Obiano.

Gov. Obiano’s warning came a few days after the herdsmen terrorized a village in Benue State, killing almost everyone in the community both pregnant women.

The governor, who spoke during at a reception in his Aguleri country home after receiving the chieftaincy title of Ebubedike Aguleri from his community, maintained that on no account should herdsmen with dangerous weapons, including AK-47, be allowed in the state.

He also noted that he had been briefed on the update of the Fulani cattle menace experienced in some parts of the state, as the Chief Security Officer, Obiano assured the people that he is on top of the situation and will ensure that the matter is quickly and amicably resolved.

Obiano further said his government has commenced latent actions to forestall any incident that may lead to mayhem or loss of lives.

“Part of the measures taken to address the menace was sensitising both host communities and the Fulani herdsmen, of the existing agreement that any party that destroys either the lives or property of the other will pay and also be prosecuted,” he said.

The governor noted that Anambra people are peace-loving people, who welcome visitors who are seeking wealth opportunities in the state. Obiano, however, warned that those who might want to take advantage of the people’s hospitality will be decisively dealt with.

Source: https://abacityblog.com/2018/01/gov-obiano-gives-final-warning-fulani-herdsmen-anambra-state.html

Re: Anambra: Any Herdsman With AK-47 Will Be Jailed - Gov. Obiano by LionDeLeo: 10:34am On Jan 09, 2018
Supported.

But that doesn't mean any fulani going about his legitimate business should be harassed cos good number of them are peace loving.

Same way igbos are peaceful while Igbos are terrorists.

I know some creatures with inverted logic wouldn't understand this but will start throwing garbage everywhere as usual.

Pls if you must quote me, do that with human brain, otherwise, pim you no go see from me.
Re: Anambra: Any Herdsman With AK-47 Will Be Jailed - Gov. Obiano by Mynd44: 11:10am On Jan 09, 2018

(1)

Diezani Cash: Ex- Minister Akinjide To Face Trial In Lagos / Between Buharists And IPOB Supporters / 2019: Fayose Blasts Northern Governors Over Buhari’s Re-election Bid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.