Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,170 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

The New Year Owes You Nothing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The New Year Owes You Nothing (294 Views)

Prayer For The New Year. / New Year, Same Prophecies [the Yearly Con Advert] / Apostle Johnson Suleman Hosts New Year Mega Crusade In Ekiti, Speaks On Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The New Year Owes You Nothing by ejehijustice(m): 12:00pm On Jan 09, 2018
*THE NEW YEAR OWES YOU NOTHING*
The anxiety and euphoria of the new year should have ended by now, the new year resolutions, the goals, dreams and aspirations and all "fire works," I guess it didn't last beyond on the 5th, we are all back to reality. That the new year doesn't come with any thing new, we are our same old self, with same height, colour, clothes, taste, preference, job. In fact nothing really changed with the new year.
I find it laughable when people verbally accord the new year with declarations like, "my year of flourishing," "my year of uncommon grace," my year of prosperity," with no defined blueprint to getting there. While these declarations are not bad in itself, it is bad to believe that the new year brings these things along with it, when in reality the new year is just a change of date. Little wonder people make new year resolutions and have nothing to show for it because they think the year owe them the good things of life and so they refuse to take responsibility for their life.
The new year comes with nothing, it is just a change of date, if you must succeed this year, you must take responsibility for your life, you must change your attitude as you can't keep on doing the same thing and expect a different result, you must work in yourself and develop yourself.
Happy new year is a time for responsibility not wishful thinking. It is not OK to have a dream, you must have a plan to achieving the dream and make concerted efforts towards your dream.
The new year owes you nothing, take responsibility for your life. Happy New Year!
OMODIAGBE JUSTICE EJEHI
CEO, Brook Cherith International

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional / Getting Whatever You Want From The Most High / The Secret Of Effective Leaders By Pastor Taiwo Odukoya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.