|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,442,690 members, 5,499,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 March 2020 at 11:26 PM
|How To Inspire Manners In Your Children. by TheMainMan: 12:11pm On Jan 09, 2018|
1. When entering the house greet your children or even hug them. This should help develop their sense of love and self worth.
2. Be good to your neighbours and never backbite. Never speak ill of other drivers when on the road. Your children would listen, absorb and emulate.
3. When calling your parents, encourage your children to speak to them. When visiting your parents take your children with you. The more they see you take care of your parents the more they will learn to take care of you.
4. When driving them to school, don't always play albums or cds in the car. Rather, tell them some motivational stories yourself. This will have a greater impact - trust me!
5. Read to them a short story and even a scripture a day – it doesn't take much time, but very impactful in creating strong bonds and wonderful memories.
6. Comb your hair, clean your teeth and wear presentable cloths even if sitting at home and not going out for the day. They need to learn that being clean and tidy has nothing to do with going out!
7. Try not to blame or comment on every word or action they say or do. Learn to overlook and let go sometimes. This certainly builds their self-confidence.
8. Ask your children's permission before entering their rooms. Don't just knock and enter, but then wait for a verbal permission. They will learn to do the same when wanting to enter your room.
9. Apologize to your children if you made a mistake. Apologizing teaches them to be humble and polite.
10. Don't be sarcastic or make fun of their views or feelings, even if you "didn't mean it" and was "only joking". It really hurts.
11. Show respect to your children's privacy. Its important for their sense of value and self-esteem.
12. Don't expect that they will listen or understand the first time. Don't take it personal. But be patient and consistent.
13.Pray with them. Show them how to pray. Lead by example.
14. In addition, ask them to discuss their daily plans after the morning prayers. Children without concrete daily plans usually join others in executing theirs. They fall easy to peer pressure.
15.Hold them and bless them specially every morning.
*Please share with other parents.*God bless you for your time
|Re: How To Inspire Manners In Your Children. by TheAnimatorsHub: 12:14pm On Jan 09, 2018|
Train a child in the way he should go. When s/he grows up, s/he would never depart from it
1 Like 1 Share
|Re: How To Inspire Manners In Your Children. by plavic(m): 10:27am On Jan 10, 2018|
I love this. . .
|Re: How To Inspire Manners In Your Children. by TheMainMan: 5:14pm On Jan 20, 2018|
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31