Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,267 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

LIRS Sends Falz A Letter To Come And Pay His Personal Income Tax For 2017 - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / LIRS Sends Falz A Letter To Come And Pay His Personal Income Tax For 2017 (26324 Views)

BBNaija: LIRS Reminds Laycon, About His Tax (Photo) / Joke Silva, Peace Hyde, Others Unveiled As Influencers For 2017 ELOY Awards / Tiwa Savage Makes Bbc’s “100 Inspirational Women” List For 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LIRS Sends Falz A Letter To Come And Pay His Personal Income Tax For 2017 by Alphasoar(m): 2:57pm On Jan 09, 2018
Goan pay nah!

Or better still . . .

Request for TAX HOLIDAYS for 2017 undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: LIRS Sends Falz A Letter To Come And Pay His Personal Income Tax For 2017 by jeeqaa7(m): 2:58pm On Jan 09, 2018
Next are davido and wizzy
Re: LIRS Sends Falz A Letter To Come And Pay His Personal Income Tax For 2017 by thegreengooner(m): 2:59pm On Jan 09, 2018
Keneking:
How much will he declare sef?

LIRS is asking for Year 2018 returns...what happens to previous years?

Anyway, my guy would go solo this year, perhaps travel overseas thereby going under radar or wait for Buhari to announce his non-interest in contesting for second term.

Abeg can anyone confirm if Davido, Wizkid, Kiss Daniel are also compliant..

LASAA should also send invoices to these guys as their advert is everywhere you go: lagos traffic, youtube, cd sellers etc grin

2018 Returns is in respect of income earned in 2017.
Re: LIRS Sends Falz A Letter To Come And Pay His Personal Income Tax For 2017 by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 09, 2018
thegreengooner:

2018 Returns is in respect of income earned in 2017.

ok
Re: LIRS Sends Falz A Letter To Come And Pay His Personal Income Tax For 2017 by abbey621(m): 3:05pm On Jan 09, 2018
seguno2:

You must show that you paid taxes on the income you accumulated (or the wealth you inherited) in amassing the wealth.
Taxes are like oxygen, you must pay your share or go to jail.

Not in Nigeria, double taxation is not allowed. Let's take Davido's case for example, his father paid taxes on his wealth, puts some portion of it in Davido's account, this will not count as taxable income. Now God forbid assume Davido's old man is no more and he inherits his fortunes, it then becomes taxable. Needless to say there are various loopholes to reducing those taxes or completely avoiding them grin
Re: LIRS Sends Falz A Letter To Come And Pay His Personal Income Tax For 2017 by seguno2: 3:07pm On Jan 09, 2018
abbey621:
Not in Nigeria, double taxation is not allowed. Let's take Davido's case for example, his father paid taxes on his wealth, puts some portion of it in Davido's account, this will not count as taxable income. Now God forbid assume Davido's old man is no more and he inherits his fortunes, it then becomes taxable. Needless to say there are various loopholes to reducing those taxes or completely avoiding them grin

Not in Nigeria, based on laws or based on our lawless practice?
Re: LIRS Sends Falz A Letter To Come And Pay His Personal Income Tax For 2017 by mrlaw93(m): 3:11pm On Jan 09, 2018
seguno2:

What is the basis of your statement?
It is an answer to one of his(the person i quoted) questions.
Re: LIRS Sends Falz A Letter To Come And Pay His Personal Income Tax For 2017 by PaChukwudi44(m): 3:39pm On Jan 09, 2018
Keneking:

Anyway, my guy would go solo this year, perhaps travel overseas thereby going under radar or wait for Buhari to announce his non-interest in contesting for second term.

LASAA should also send invoices to these guys as their advert is everywhere you go: lagos traffic, youtube, cd sellers etc grin

wetin concern LASAA with youtube?
Re: LIRS Sends Falz A Letter To Come And Pay His Personal Income Tax For 2017 by abbey621(m): 3:40pm On Jan 09, 2018
seguno2:

Not in Nigeria, based on laws or based on our lawless practice?

Both! We have laws but they are most times not enforced.
Re: LIRS Sends Falz A Letter To Come And Pay His Personal Income Tax For 2017 by teflonjake(m): 3:43pm On Jan 09, 2018
jerryadigun:
Lagos and tax are inseparable.

Anyway, I have missed Queenlovely's posts. I hope I got her name correctly. She gave us plenty lies in 2017. That lady was just too much. From stories in China to Canada etc.

Oga NwaAmai....... shey new year never reach for your side. ABEG COME AND CONTINUE YOUR WEREY jare cheesy.

It is times like this (Hot and boring afternoon) that we need these guys I mentioned above to crack our ribs.

God bless Nigeria and WOE to TERRORISTS.

OMO Lai Mohammed no lie reach that girl oooooo, she shock lie itself

1 Like

Re: LIRS Sends Falz A Letter To Come And Pay His Personal Income Tax For 2017 by DonFreshmoney(m): 3:47pm On Jan 09, 2018
I advise musicians and record label owners to register their labels At CAC so they can contribute to the growth and development of the country. Falz registered his label, hence the BAHD GUYS ENTERTAINMENT LTD is liable for payment of tax. DMW, StarBoy, Chocolate City, Tinny Entertainment and the likes should go do the same.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LIRS Sends Falz A Letter To Come And Pay His Personal Income Tax For 2017 by seguno2: 3:48pm On Jan 09, 2018
abbey621:
Both! We have laws but they are most times not enforced.

Don’t you think that we should be promoting our respect for laws, which will ensure our society is okay.
Are you allergic to the goodness of Europe and the USA (made possible by generally law-abiding citizens on taxes etc), which makes them so attractive that our people are risking death in the Sahara desert and the Mediterranean Sea as well as slavery in Libya to reach there
Re: LIRS Sends Falz A Letter To Come And Pay His Personal Income Tax For 2017 by abbey621(m): 3:55pm On Jan 09, 2018
seguno2:

Don’t you think that we should be promoting our respect for laws, which will ensure our society is okay.
Are you allergic to the goodness of Europe and the USA (made possible by generally law-abiding citizens on taxes etc), which makes them so attractive that our people are risking death in the Sahara desert and the Mediterranean Sea as well as slavery in Libya to reach there

We can promote all we want but that does not change reality! In Nigeria your money and who you know outweighs all other things. Considering all the tax money are not being utilized properly, I see no incentive for anybody to pay any freaking tax! In the USA, there would have been a revolution by now because the people know their rights but in 9ja everyone is a COWARD!
Re: LIRS Sends Falz A Letter To Come And Pay His Personal Income Tax For 2017 by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 09, 2018
Keneking:

The tax charged for 2018 was the assessable income of 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LIRS Sends Falz A Letter To Come And Pay His Personal Income Tax For 2017 by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 09, 2018
smiley
Re: LIRS Sends Falz A Letter To Come And Pay His Personal Income Tax For 2017 by seguno2: 4:28pm On Jan 09, 2018
abbey621:
We can promote all we want but that does not change reality! In Nigeria your money and who you know outweighs all other things. Considering all the tax money are not being utilized properly, I see no incentive for anybody to pay any freaking tax! In the USA, there would have been a revolution by now because the people know their rights but in 9ja everyone is a COWARD!

Is it okay to say that you believe that the reality is not good and needs to change?
Apart from promoting positive values and practicing them, what else do you think will change the reality?
Re: LIRS Sends Falz A Letter To Come And Pay His Personal Income Tax For 2017 by abbey621(m): 4:32pm On Jan 09, 2018
seguno2:

Is it okay to say that you believe that the reality is not good and needs to change?
Apart from promoting positive values and practicing them, what else do you think will change the reality?

The simplest words I can find is REVOLUTIONARY WAR! The Nigerian youths need to reclaim back their country, a new Constitution needs to be written and old things done away with. As long as the wealthy continue to operate under one set of rules and the poor under another one, this is the reality we will continue to live in!
Re: LIRS Sends Falz A Letter To Come And Pay His Personal Income Tax For 2017 by seguno2: 4:40pm On Jan 09, 2018
abbey621:
The simplest words I can find is REVOLUTIONARY WAR! The Nigerian youths need to reclaim back their country, a new Constitution needs to be written and old things done away with. As long as the wealthy continue to operate under one set of rules and the poor under another one, this is the reality we will continue to live in!

France had a revolution and chopped off the head of their King.
Britain had an evolution and kept their monarchy.
Today, Britain has greater social mobility than France.
Go and find out why.
Meanwhile, if as you said earlier, everyone is a coward, who will make your desired revolution happen
Are you doing anything for it to happen quickly?
Re: LIRS Sends Falz A Letter To Come And Pay His Personal Income Tax For 2017 by abbey621(m): 4:57pm On Jan 09, 2018
seguno2:

France had a revolution and chopped off the head of their King.
Britain had an evolution and kept their monarchy.
Today, Britain has greater social mobility than France.
Go and find out why.
Meanwhile, if as you said earlier, everyone is a coward, who will make your desired revolution happen
Are you doing anything for it to happen quickly?

I beg to differ, both countries had a bloody revolution, read about the execution of Charles the First but let's move along. I have no interest in Nigerian revolution as I do not make my income from Nigeria, however I am a big investor in Nigeria so I would definitely support any meaningful revolution(financially) but physically, I cannot come and kill myself by myself grin grin grin
Re: LIRS Sends Falz A Letter To Come And Pay His Personal Income Tax For 2017 by seguno2: 5:25pm On Jan 09, 2018
abbey621:
I beg to differ, both countries had a bloody revolution, read about the execution of Charles the First but let's move along. I have no interest in Nigerian revolution as I do not make my income from Nigeria, however I am a big investor in Nigeria so I would definitely support any meaningful revolution(financially) but physically, I cannot come and kill myself by myself grin grin grin

Why do you think anyone will behave differently than you?
Do you think that you are the only one who cannot come and kill himself by himself?
So what does that mean for your desired revolution?
Dead on arrival
Re: LIRS Sends Falz A Letter To Come And Pay His Personal Income Tax For 2017 by abbey621(m): 5:32pm On Jan 09, 2018
seguno2:

Why do you think anyone will behave differently than you?
Do you think that you are the only one who cannot come and kill himself by himself?
So what does that mean for your desired revolution?
Dead on arrival

Some people have more to lose than others! Yes I desire a revolution but it's not a do or die for me because I'm not beholden to the Nigerian economy, those that are beholden should fight for their rights....shikeena!
Re: LIRS Sends Falz A Letter To Come And Pay His Personal Income Tax For 2017 by Bigsteveg(m): 6:23pm On Jan 09, 2018
Keneking:

You did not even read the letter at all, he's to pay tax for 2017
Re: LIRS Sends Falz A Letter To Come And Pay His Personal Income Tax For 2017 by Konquest: 6:40pm On Jan 09, 2018
metronaija3:
Nigerian rapper, Falz who hosted a remarkable concert at the end of last year has just recieved a letter from LIRS (Lagos State Internal Revenue Service) to come and pay his personal income tax for 2017.

See the letter below...

http://www.metronaija.ng/lirs-sends-falz-letter-come-pay-personal-income-tax-2017/

cc: lalasticlala mynd44
^^^^^^^
It's good to pay taxes... especially LIRS
taxes... grin
Re: LIRS Sends Falz A Letter To Come And Pay His Personal Income Tax For 2017 by grandstar(m): 12:24am On Jan 10, 2018
Keneking:

The effective tax rate after deductions for someone like Falz is just 20%
Re: LIRS Sends Falz A Letter To Come And Pay His Personal Income Tax For 2017 by Validated: 3:55am On Jan 10, 2018
cgniyi:
Falz is still small, they suppose disturb that boy whey dey declare 30 billion for account since early last year grin
They may have written to all of them. May be this is the only guy making it public.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tboss Looks Radiant In Native Outfit / Mercy Eke Vs A Fraudster Asking For Her Bank Details (Video) / Davido Teaching Casper Nyovest The 'Shaku Shaku' Dance [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.