Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,992 members, 7,821,460 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China - Education (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China (353722 Views)

Meet Alimi Ibrahim Adedeji, UNILAG Overall Best Graduating Student For 2018/2019 / 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants / Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by akin5511(m): 5:11pm On May 11, 2018
Maxmax2:
That mail was sent to 78 candidates, (I have read it my friend got it) if you remember thatduring the application, we were informed to register with daad if you chose any school in Germany. Maybe those 78 candidates didn't register with daad during the registration and the said mail is to remind them to go and do the needful. Which ever way, let us chill. Congrats guys. I am on my way to France (amen) who is with me?
Enroute to France!
I don't think its the DAAD completion of a thing, i know who didn't fill DAAD form and also didn't gt the mail
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by tyakson99: 5:20pm On May 11, 2018
please did anybody who received the Germany mail also got shortlisted for UK?
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Skevin: 5:26pm On May 11, 2018
Please did you apply for the UK scholarship? If you did, did you receive the mail they sent early this week with regards preferred interview centre update?

Ahmed4002:
To God be the glory

German here we come
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Bravo121(m): 5:42pm On May 11, 2018
Guys if you got the mail, you've made it for the schorlarship, and one of your choices is Germany. If you didn't get the mail and Germany is among your choices, then You didn't make it through. Stop reading all those wrong ideologies written by people and channel your energy to the UK scholarship.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Bravo121(m): 5:45pm On May 11, 2018
Maxmax2:
That mail was sent to 78 candidates, (I have read it my friend got it) if you remember thatduring the application, we were informed to register with daad if you chose any school in Germany. Maybe those 78 candidates didn't register with daad during the registration and the said mail is to remind them to go and do the needful. Which ever way, let us chill. Congrats guys. I am on my way to France (amen) who is with me?

I filled the Daad form when I applied and I still got the mail. The only people who should be hopeful are those who do not have Germany as part of their choices.

2 Likes

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Lame12: 5:51pm On May 11, 2018
Who observed UK applicants now denied access to the portal after selecting interview venue?
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by dazzlingd(m): 5:53pm On May 11, 2018
Bravo121:
Guys if you got the mail, you've made it for the schorlarship, and one of your choices is Germany. If you didn't get the mail and Germany is among your choices, then You didn't make it through. Stop reading all those wrong ideologies written by people and channel your energy to the UK scholarship.

Lol, not nice but likely very true

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Moonie: 6:03pm On May 11, 2018
Bravo121:

I filled the Daad form when I applied and I still got the mail. The only people who should be hopeful are those who do not have Germany as part of their choices.

So my congratulations are in order right? I like the way you've been talking with certainty. Mind filling us in? Is it MSc or PhD that were contacted? Is 78 not small for both?

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Xkanta: 6:03pm On May 11, 2018
I have some few stuffs to tell you people.... Let me get home... I am really confused
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Saryea83: 6:34pm On May 11, 2018
I think we’re really helping ourselves here! Having contacted PTDF Scholarship Help Desk: 08105…. On the website, he proved some of our assertions here are actually wrong.

He stated that the people sent mail today for DAAD Update are those who made Germany as one of their choices and who either didn’t complete their application on DAAD portal or have a missing document to update.

Therefore in case you initially registered but got the mail, you’ve something to do on that portal, but if you didn’t get the mail and Germany is one of your choices, then you completed the required registration. This statement is according to info from PTDF

Another person can try contacting them also to be sure.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Xkanta: 6:39pm On May 11, 2018
I think somehow my experience will make all this assumptionists to calm down. ( please don't mind my English or the way I'll put it down).
When I first saw the FGC schorlaship advert, I decided to go through the courses that were available for selection in the application. After days of checking and rechecking, I found only two universities, one in China and the other in France which was my first choice. However as at the time of application I was still serving, so I uploaded my call-up letter instead of discharge certificate. Surprisingly I was the only one shortlisted among my friends, but my concern was when will the interview hold, I had few days left to finish my service. After updating my center, 6 days later I got a mail with details of my interview (2 days before my POP) I was so worried, and about 12hours later I got another mail from ptdf but with different interview details(this time around it was a day after my POP), I was very happy, we did our pop and I left for the interview the next day. Somehow I got to the venue late, infact I was the last person, they all seemed tired and ready to leave (it was on the last day... Friday.. 3pm), when I got there they asked why I was 25mins I late....i explained and they directed my to a register where I saw all the MSC (21) and those who applied under environmental/magement (5)...though I still don't know if that's the total number for the who interview or just for that day... I was then directed to a room, where I met three panelists....the first thing they asked me was to give them 5 copies of my SOP... I was puzzled, because no one told me to bring that much...i had only two with me....they asked why I didn't come with 5 since we were asked to bring that number, I told them I wasn't asked to bring 5 and showed them the mail, so they said I should quickly go and photocopy... I felt really bad (Cx I came late and was not able to produce 5 copies of my SOP)... But when I came back the story changed... I was asked of my statement of result, publication and awards... Still wondering why they didn't ask for my discharge... Then questions followed up... We discussed extensively with them, one of the panelists even asked if I had a proposal in mind, I said off course yes, we discussed about it and he went to his bag and brought out a project, he then assured me that I will sure get the schorlaship if I can right on that (which makes me think there is still another phase) ...
I then applied for the UK schorlaship and was duly shortlisted also... And today I got the OSS masters mail asking me to update my details on the DAAD website.....yes strong profiles work... But luck works more... I still can't understand why I was shortlisted for the Germany schorlaship, I still don't even know the requirements for the course I chose... Though I changed it on the DAAD site...
This doesn't completely make sense...lol... Yes I know... But it will surely help some people....

3 Likes

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Xkanta: 6:40pm On May 11, 2018
Saryea83:
I think we’re really helping ourselves here! Having contacted PTDF Scholarship Help Desk: 08105…. On the website, he proved some of our assertions here are actually wrong.

He stated that the people sent mail today for DAAD Update are those who made Germany as one of their choices and who either didn’t complete their application on DAAD portal or have a missing document to update.

Therefore in case you initially registered but got the mail, you’ve something to do on that portal, but if you didn’t get the mail and Germany is one of your choices, then you completed the required registration. This statement is according to info from PTDF

Now it's making sense

2 Likes

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by dazzlingd(m): 7:02pm On May 11, 2018
Those that got the mail, congratulations, you have been selected,.

Those that did not get, don't lose hope yet. I believe more will still be called

Btw, forget what any help desk person says, those guys know nothing....i don't know if flexisafsupport is still on NL, he has more valid info

2 Likes

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Xkanta: 7:11pm On May 11, 2018
dazzlingd:
Those that got the mail, congratulations, you have been selected,.

Those that did not get, don't lose hope yet. I believe more will still be called

Btw, forget what any help desk person says, those guys know nothing....i don't know if felixsupport is still on NL, he has more valid info
Lol... This is not true.....it can't be true.... I applied for material science and engineering... I am not an engineering or science student... And I got the mail... �.. So it can't be possible.. ..

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by dazzlingd(m): 7:14pm On May 11, 2018
Xkanta:

Lol... This is not true.....it can't be true.... I applied for material science and engineering... I am not an engineering or science student... And I got the mail... �.. So it can't be possible.. ..

If I were you, by now I would go and declare Friday things for the boys

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by DMainMan: 7:15pm On May 11, 2018
Before I make an informed statement, was any PhD candidate mailed for DAAD?

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Xkanta: 7:22pm On May 11, 2018
dazzlingd:

If I were you, by now I would go and declare Friday things for the boys
Lol... Okay sir
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by edehobinnart: 7:34pm On May 11, 2018
Xkanta:
France was my first choice, but I got the mail also
please did you register in DAAD portals while applying for the scholarship? and did you see the course you applied for in the DAAD website? i registered in DAAD during the registration and i got the email to go and register. i don't know if i should register again or just ignore the mail.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Xkanta: 7:35pm On May 11, 2018
edehobinnart:
please did you register in DAAD portals while applying for the scholarship? and did you see the course you applied for in the DAAD website? i registered in DAAD during the registration and i got the email to go and register. i don't know if i should register again or just ignore the mail.
I didn't register... And didn't see my course... You can't register again if you have already registered before
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Oegbeyem: 7:37pm On May 11, 2018
dazzlingd:

Lol, very cocky way to think....there are several qualified people out there and perhaps with better profiles than you think...just be glad you were shortlisted
you are the cocky person here. I said my profile is strong cos I know it is, I never said it was the best. Maybe its the best, maybe not, I dont know, all I know is I have a good application profile. My sop was nothing special, I tell the truth. I know I wasn't selected based on sop, I'm just trying to help. Go somewhere else Mr/Ms Negative. I won't say my profile is not strong to make you feel better about yourself because that's not true.

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Prudento: 7:38pm On May 11, 2018
[quote author=edehobinnart post=67479767] please did you register in DAAD portals while applying for the scholarship? and did you see the course you applied for in the DAAD website? i registered in DAAD during the registration and i got the email to go and register. i don't know if i should register again or just ignore the mail.[/quote

Did they congratulate you and tell you you won the scholarship?]
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by sam333: 7:49pm On May 11, 2018
Saryea83:

That's not true. We were all told to choose a school from each country so virtually all or majority did that. That means they are to send to all since all had Germany as either first, second or third. There are people who didn't complete the DAAD application and still didn't get any message. The gist is this: If u got the message rejoice and if you didn't get, be hopeful
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 11, 2018
What is all this DAAD DAAD I am reading since? I am starting to wonder if it is the same ptdf G/F/C I applied for. I applied to Germany and France PhD and at no point did I see anything to do with DAAD.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by futureenergy: 7:59pm On May 11, 2018
faceURfront:
What is all this DAAD DAAD I am reading since? I am starting to wonder if it is the same ptdf G/F/C I applied for. I applied to Germany and France PhD and at no point did I see anything to do with DAAD.

Lol! You were facing your front.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Nobody: 8:00pm On May 11, 2018
futureenergy:

Lol! You were facing your front.

Lol
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Prudento: 8:01pm On May 11, 2018
faceURfront:

Have they contacted some of your PhD colleagues?
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by dazzlingd(m): 8:16pm On May 11, 2018
DMainMan:
Before I make an informed statement, was any PhD candidate mailed for DAAD?

Kindly make the statement
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Bravo121(m): 8:33pm On May 11, 2018
Moonie:

So my congratulations are in order right? I like the way you've been talking with certainty. Mind filling us in? Is it MSc or PhD that were contacted? Is 78 not small for both?

90 persons where contacted as I can see from my email. Thanks Moonie. From the mail it was addressed to both MSC and PHD.

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Luvantidote: 8:51pm On May 11, 2018
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by DMainMan: 8:53pm On May 11, 2018
Bravo121:

90 persons where contacted as I can see from my email. Thanks Moonie. From the mail it was addressed to both MSC and PHD.
The 90 recepient email was it from OSS MSc?The email my mentee sent to me was from from OSS MSc showcasing 78 candidates.

OSS MSc only handles MSc. If the recent 90 email comes from a general Ptdf email, then includes PHD
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by FA13(m): 9:00pm On May 11, 2018
Is there any one that got UK invite that got this German update?
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Xkanta: 9:00pm On May 11, 2018
Where are you people getting this your 90% and 78 candidates from now.... Nawa ooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (105) (Reply)

[Updated] UNIZIK 2017/2018 Admission List / Federal University Of Agriculture,Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2015/2016 Admission. / 2016/2017 Lasu Admission Process Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.