Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China - Education (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China (353813 Views)

Meet Alimi Ibrahim Adedeji, UNILAG Overall Best Graduating Student For 2018/2019 / 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants / Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by guiddoti: 10:11pm On Jun 05, 2018
MedellinCartel:
Morning guys, is robert gordon university a good school? I checked their ranking and it was quite low compared to other UK schools.
Good at drilling and petroleum related courses,
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jun 05, 2018
Bravo121:

You are doing a good job man. Nice.
any news?
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Excel78: 9:05am On Jun 06, 2018
In a situation whereby you are not already employed in the oil and gas industry and still looking forward to a good job, I think it will not be a bad idea to get a good job oversea. Moreso, your family back home and your country at large stand to benefit at long run. just my thnikng.
guiddoti:
Is not really so, bro. If ptdf is keen at developing Nigeria, all certificate of scholars should be sent to ptdf's office by various universities of the scholars, and official ceremony be conducted by ptdf on their achievement. But, ptdf don't monitor that, apart sending you stipend for your upkeep. Scholars may even stay behind after the program, which is not encouraging.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by yakbauer: 10:49am On Jun 06, 2018
Haba bros!!! So an official ceremony to celebrate annual scholarships of hundreds of students is going to help develop the country in what way?
When ptdf started sending students abroad ptdf collects CV of its scholars esp those that came home with outstanding results for offers in ministry of Petroleum and NNPC. But as time passed they became overwhelmed by the number of scholars, most do not return immediately after d scholarship, it was not until 2011 when UK placed a ban on obtaining residents visa after schooling that most students had to come home at d expiration of their study visa that most scholars even came back to nigeria.
It's like asking d govt to give u a job after NYSC, we all know very well that in the past our parents got job offers and even beetle cars upon completion of NYSC, but graduates are everywhere now and there aren't slots for these thousands of graduates.
Are u now saying that ptdf shouldn't sponsor more candidates abroad just because they cannot afford to integrate them back into the oil & gas sector? Like an Uhrobo woman once told me, "we won't throw away the bathing water with the baby".

Ptdf have their hands full already as it is. Let us not forget that this local & overseas scholarship is just one of their Mandates in manpower development for d oil & gas sector.
They are also into training artisans, building & providing equipment forbinstitutions of learning that teach oil & gas courses, etc

Let us go back and read the mandate of ptdf, manpower training for oil and gas sector, they are under no obligation to give us jobs or celebrate us after graduation.

They state the need for us to come back to Nigeria after study because we were trained by the govt, hence there is a need to come back and give to our country that sponsored us. this is not unique to Nigeria.

My little 2 cents Sha oh

guiddoti:
Is not really so, bro. If ptdf is keen at developing Nigeria, all certificate of scholars should be sent to ptdf's office by various universities of the scholars, and official ceremony be conducted by ptdf on their achievement. But, ptdf don't monitor that, apart sending you stipend for your upkeep. Scholars may even stay behind after the program, which is not encouraging.

3 Likes

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by KoolK: 11:24am On Jun 06, 2018
yakbauer:
Haba bros!!! So an official ceremony to celebrate annual scholarships of hundreds of students is going to help develop the country in what way?
When ptdf started sending students abroad ptdf collects CV of its scholars esp those that came home with outstanding results for offers in ministry of Petroleum and NNPC. But as time passed they became overwhelmed by the number of scholars, most do not return immediately after d scholarship, it was not until 2011 when UK placed a ban on obtaining residents visa after schooling that most students had to come home at d expiration of their study visa that most scholars even came back to nigeria.
It's like asking d govt to give u a job after NYSC, we all know very well that in the past our parents got job offers and even beetle cars upon completion of NYSC, but graduates are everywhere now and there aren't slots for these thousands of graduates.
Are u now saying that ptdf shouldn't sponsor more candidates abroad just because they cannot afford to integrate them back into the oil & gas sector? Like an Uhrobo woman once told me, "we won't throw away the bathing water with the baby".

Ptdf have their hands full already as it is. Let us not forget that this local & overseas scholarship is just one of their Mandates in manpower development for d oil & gas sector.
They are also into training artisans, building & providing equipment forbinstitutions of learning that teach oil & gas courses, etc

Let us go back and read the mandate of ptdf, manpower training for oil and gas sector, they are under no obligation to give us jobs or celebrate us after graduation.

They state the need for us to come back to Nigeria after study because we were trained by the govt, hence there is a need to come back and give to our country that sponsored us. this is not unique to Nigeria.

My little 2 cents Sha oh

that's the whole truth bro. this Scholarship is about 10% of their mandate. rightly said.
on that note, if u can stay back..u stay. it dosnt mean u wont develop ur country by staying abroad. some people stay and become big men and women bringing their companies branches to Nigeria.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by guiddoti: 11:27am On Jun 06, 2018
yakbauer:

My little 2 cents Sha oh

Seems you didn't understand my point. It isn't really elaborate ceremony as such, but, such as get together ceremony. Again, I didnt say that ptdf shouldnt train more in my piece. I am of the opinion that scholars certificate be sent to the board by various institutions of the scholars. That will force scholars back home. Obviously, ptdf doesnt necessarily have to give every scholars job, but they can be sending job vacancies of universities recruiting to these scholars ( PhD scholars) and probably oil n gas recruitment as well.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by guiddoti: 11:37am On Jun 06, 2018
Excel78:
In a situation whereby you are not already employed in the oil and gas industry and still looking forward to a good job, I think it will not be a bad idea to get a good job oversea. Moreso, your family back home and your country at large stand to benefit at long run. just my thnikng.
Bro, frankly speaking, government fund is not spent that way, if not because the way the country is being ran and ruined. Every scholars are expected to return and help develop in their area of specialty. Unfortunately, it looks like an opportunity to escape rudiment of poor governance.

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by KoolK: 11:43am On Jun 06, 2018
I think they have already tried sending people abroad. to come find job for u..shuu. it's like they being our parents.lol.
afterall other people de, even the local Scholarship...
so if u are even lucky to go. hustle for ur sef.

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by yakbauer: 11:48am On Jun 06, 2018
KoolK:

if u can stay back..u stay. it dosnt mean u wont develop ur country by staying abroad. some people stay and become big men and women bringing their companies branches to Nigeria.

Very true, that aspect of the bond is just protocol, most countries do that, ptdf does not enforce that aspect of ensuring scholars return.
I know a lot of guys that have gotten good jobs abroad even before graduating from their MSC and and PhD.
My advise is to use this scholarship as a springboard to propel us into getting good jobs. DMainMan have some tips on how to prepare for life after graduation. Most starts with the career days in various uni across UK that usually starts in Dec and lasts till Jan when most companies come to schools on talent hunt e.g. 3 ppl that I know went in 2012, one now works with GM, another with Schlumberger in d middle east and the last with EDF (a nuclear power plant) and all started with d career day outings.

All this one Sha, may Allah bless our hustle make we first get this scholarship in Sha Allah then we go reason that bridge

6 Likes

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by yakbauer: 11:52am On Jun 06, 2018
guiddoti:
Seems you didn't understand my point. It isn't really elaborate ceremony as such, but, such as get together ceremony. Again, I didnt say that ptdf shouldnt train more in my piece. I am of the opinion that scholars certificate be sent to the board by various institutions of the scholars. That will force scholars back home. Obviously, ptdf doesnt necessarily have to give every scholars job, but they can be sending job vacancies of universities recruiting to these scholars ( PhD scholars) and probably oil n gas recruitment as well.

Oh I'm sorry I misunderstood you, now I get ur point, truth be told ptdf goes d extra mile for PhD scholars, infact most past scholars were involved in this interview nationwide, and 80-90% of them are employed, maybe coz phd scholarship is targeted at lecturers and ppl already working in research institutes and oil and gas sector. Again no vex I misunderstood u
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by guiddoti: 11:54am On Jun 06, 2018
yakbauer:

Oh I'm sorry I misunderstood you, now I get ur point, truth be told ptdf goes d extra mile for PhD scholars, infact most past scholars were involved in this interview nationwide, and 80-90% of them are employed, maybe coz phd scholarship is targeted at lecturers and ppl already working in research institutes and oil and gas sector. Again no vex I misunderstood u
No worries, bro.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Omoocash(m): 2:33pm On Jun 06, 2018
Update is needed for shortlisting ...... Who is with any useful information

2 Likes

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by pricelessjosy: 3:33pm On Jun 06, 2018
for those that got the previous mail, what was your profile like? hw many distinctions, class of degree, course chosen, number of awards, publication and the likes, so that for those yet to get the mail can have hope or better still get a better application next time..
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by AIBugaje: 5:02pm On Jun 06, 2018
pricelessjosy:
for those that got the previous mail, what was your profile like? hw many distinctions, class of degree, course chosen, number of awards, publication and the likes, so that for those yet to get the mail can have hope or better still get a better application next time..

2 Likes

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Newcastle2023(m): 6:23pm On Jun 06, 2018
Can someone please post the scoring scheme for the MSc scholarship applicants? Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by addiola: 6:56pm On Jun 06, 2018
Saryea83:

My brother, I have done that three times, yet no response to my email, only gave me reply on phone that on 79 they sent email are not the only ones to update

Hi, please can you check the status of your DAAD Application, some people's own have been updated to selection made
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by efomzy: 7:03pm On Jun 06, 2018
Let last year scholars hint us how its going over there.... Those in UK, France, Brazil and China
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by scarplanet(m): 7:48pm On Jun 06, 2018
Can anyone confirm whether PhD candidates have been contacted for China, France or Germany?

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by efomzy: 8:32pm On Jun 06, 2018
scarplanet:
Can anyone confirm whether PhD candidates have been contacted for China, France or Germany?

PhD China were contacted. But I believe more mails would be reeled out soonest
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Jejelaye1: 9:08pm On Jun 06, 2018
Newcastle2023:
Can someone please post the scoring scheme for the MSc scholarship applicants? Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by AIBugaje: 9:21pm On Jun 06, 2018
addiola:

Hi, please can you check the status of your DAAD Application, some people's own have been updated to selection made

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by olig(m): 9:31pm On Jun 06, 2018
[quote author=AIBugaje post=68245595][/quote]
Yes, some have changed to selection made
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jun 06, 2018
Hmmm [quote author=Jejelaye1 post=68245324][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by meetanwo(m): 9:21am On Jun 07, 2018
You're simply the best sir

[quotqe author=Jejelaye1 post=68245324][/quote]
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by enyi1: 11:47am On Jun 07, 2018
Saryea83:

Goodluck to all of us Man! Does Medical consent means success or what, I can't really get the gist as I was not sent any email from PTDF
please has your status changed from application submitted to selection made?
cc:
dazzling
Saryea83
dazzlingd
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by enyi1: 11:48am On Jun 07, 2018
Saryea83:

Goodluck to all of us Man! Does Medical consent means success or what, I can't really get the gist as I was not sent any email from PTDF
cc:
ahmed4002
dazzlingd
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Ahmed4002(m): 12:06pm On Jun 07, 2018
enyi1:

cc:

dazzling

Yes.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by enyi1: 12:09pm On Jun 07, 2018
Ahmed4002:

Yes.
were you among the ones PTDF sent mail?
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Ahmed4002(m): 12:10pm On Jun 07, 2018
enyi1:

were you among the ones PTDF sent mail?

yeah
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by enyi1: 12:14pm On Jun 07, 2018
Ahmed4002:

yeah
hmmm. Congrats bro. Let's see what God can do with the rest of us that didn't get PTDF mail. I submitted the medical consent form just last Friday. I hope God will be able to do it for us too.
Congrats again brother.
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by Luvantidote: 12:30pm On Jun 07, 2018
Re: Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China by enyi1: 12:32pm On Jun 07, 2018
Luvantidote:

@enyi1 Did ur application status change to 'selection made?'
not yet. and you? when did you send your medical consent form?

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (105) (Reply)

[Updated] UNIZIK 2017/2018 Admission List / Federal University Of Agriculture,Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2015/2016 Admission. / 2016/2017 Lasu Admission Process Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.