Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,522 members, 7,819,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Cross River To Commence Banana Export Soon - Ayade - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cross River To Commence Banana Export Soon - Ayade (658 Views)

Agba Jalingo: SERAP Drags FG, Cross River To ECOWAS Court / Cross River Micro Finance Bank For Commissioning Soon - Ayade / Cross River To Commence Banana Export Soon - Ayade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cross River To Commence Banana Export Soon - Ayade by offiong187: 7:19pm On Jan 09, 2018
Cross River to commence banana export soon- Ayade

As part of strategy aimed at turning the state's economy around, Cross River governor, Prof. Ben Ayade, has disclosed that the state will soon commence the export of its 'grand nain' specie of banana to Europe.

The governor stated this when he paid an unscheduled visit to the 105-hectares banana plantation being cultivated in Odukpani local government area of the state.

"It is very exciting to see the deep seaport project giving birth to all of these ideas. You cannot build a seaport without planning on the outbound cargo, which is the mistake other ports suffer from," Ayade said, adding that "we expect that the agro-based industry which is the focus of President Buhari administration that I have keyed into, focuses on finding agricultural products that we will be exporting.

"The zero oil road map is very clear to us that indeed in the next few years, oil will be a thing of the past, so for us to move into agriculture, we have to go into the most sophisticated technology, hence our partnership with San Carlos of Mexico."

Hinting that the first harvest is expected in May this year while the commercial export harvest will be in 2019, Ayade explained that, "if we must grow agriculture, we must make sure we take it away from subsistence farming, ensuring that those farming don't do so in agony, pain, hunger and melancholy, but follow the latest trend which is mechanised and technology driven."

On the level of sophistication of the farm, Ayade intimated that "we have the cable train running all-round, so with the press of a button, bananas go through the plant, processed, packaged and exported to Germany and other countries. It will provide the sufficient outbound cargo from our deep seaport, that way, we don't have a situation where ships come into Nigeria and after discharging they have nothing to take back."

Giving insight into the employment opportunities provided by the farm, the elated governor said: "I am impressed with the number of young people that are working here, these are people that would have been on the street, over 1000 young people are engaged already. After Christmas, the next cultivation will start and that will bring another 1000 young men who will be doing the debushing and land clearing."

In their separate remarks, the Operations Manager, Cobus Schlcbusch and the Farm Manager, Martins Cruz, disclosed that the plantation will be using a combination of Mexico and Costa Rica technology and will be supplied to local markets as well as exported to other countries.

According to them, "the banana bunches will be between 35 and 40 kg," even as personnel working in the plant will be trained to meet the requirements expected of perfect and packaged products for export.

They further added: "The parental seedlings from Mexico and Costa Rica remain unique and can resist crop related diseases in Nigeria."

Re: Cross River To Commence Banana Export Soon - Ayade by LionDeLeo: 7:23pm On Jan 09, 2018
Good to hear that.

Economic activities on the increase in most states, Ugandans can continue shouting "marginalisation" till the end of time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cross River To Commence Banana Export Soon - Ayade by sarrki(m): 7:25pm On Jan 09, 2018
Ayade weldone
Re: Cross River To Commence Banana Export Soon - Ayade by sarrki(m): 7:26pm On Jan 09, 2018
The digital governor

Leaving the era of our oyel money behind

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cross River To Commence Banana Export Soon - Ayade by deomelllo: 7:36pm On Jan 09, 2018
While the whole of SE dey wait for similac from the FG..

SMH...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cross River To Commence Banana Export Soon - Ayade by Blue3k(m): 7:37pm On Jan 09, 2018
I thought they already exported did that. Anyway good for them.
Re: Cross River To Commence Banana Export Soon - Ayade by sarrki(m): 7:38pm On Jan 09, 2018
Blue3k:
I thought they already exported did that.

They are in the process
Re: Cross River To Commence Banana Export Soon - Ayade by edoman2016: 7:51pm On Jan 09, 2018
Why must we export banana to other countries? Local demand for banana is not yet fully satisfied. I don't believe in all this export jamboree under Buhari administration.
Re: Cross River To Commence Banana Export Soon - Ayade by deomelllo: 7:55pm On Jan 09, 2018
edoman2016:
Why must we export banana to other countries? Local demand for banana is not yet fully satisfied. I don't believe in all this export jamboree under Buhari administration.

People like you shouldn't be allowed to lead any state or country with your kind of thinking.

Btw, who in Nigeria is crying over banana shortage?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River To Commence Banana Export Soon - Ayade by LionDeLeo: 8:00pm On Jan 09, 2018
deomelllo:

People like you shouldn't be allowed to lead any state or country with your kind of thinking.

Btw, who in Nigeria is crying over banana shortage?
The thing just weak me o.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross River To Commence Banana Export Soon - Ayade by sarrki(m): 8:01pm On Jan 09, 2018
edoman2016:

Seek knowledge do you think we are in sepe joint ?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cross River To Commence Banana Export Soon - Ayade by Blue3k(m): 8:07pm On Jan 09, 2018
The mechanized operation alongside planned agricultural export hub sounds like a grand plan. This is especially true if they start exporting agricultural products from NE.

Nice breed weakness out of local crops.

The parental seedlings from Mexico and Costa Rica remain unique and can resist crop related diseases in Nigeria."

sarrki:

They are in the process

Noted.

1 Like

Re: Cross River To Commence Banana Export Soon - Ayade by merit455(m): 8:34pm On Jan 09, 2018
This Governor has no direction....... I just pity my state. Do we even have enough to eat! This man have not constructed one single road in Cross River
Re: Cross River To Commence Banana Export Soon - Ayade by deomelllo: 8:48pm On Jan 09, 2018
merit455:
This Governor has no direction....... I just pity my state. Do we even have enough to eat! This man have not constructed one single road in Cross River

Stop lying abeg.

No be by force to hate and display unecessary bad bele...

Banana export money go creat jobs, earn foreign exchange and IGR to build many many more roads.
Re: Cross River To Commence Banana Export Soon - Ayade by Blue3k(m): 9:33pm On Jan 09, 2018
Does anyone find it funny how commercial export is ready by next election year.
Re: Cross River To Commence Banana Export Soon - Ayade by MasterKim: 9:37pm On Jan 09, 2018
Ibos will koman tell us how calabar is a walking distance from abia now amd how ibo culture influence dat of d calabars but in d other news where a vehicle with human skulls was intercepted by frsc, they all fled and they were telling us how dey are related to d westerners.

If u love ur life, run away from easterners, they are green snakes, backstabbers, coward and deceptive!
Re: Cross River To Commence Banana Export Soon - Ayade by deomelllo: 9:46pm On Jan 09, 2018
MasterKim:
Ibos will koman tell us how calabar is a walking distance from abia now amd how ibo culture influence dat of d calabars but in d other news where a vehicle with human skulls was intercepted by frsc, they all fled and they were telling us how dey are related to d westerners.

If u love ur life, run away from easterners, they are green snakes, backstabbers, coward and deceptive!

At least, this is not obiano's fake and imaginary ugu leaf export... grin grin grin
Re: Cross River To Commence Banana Export Soon - Ayade by merit455(m): 10:08pm On Jan 09, 2018
deomelllo:

Imagine,stop posting rubbish... Pls show us any rural road that short man have constructed in Cross River State. Agent

Stop lying abeg.

No be by force to hate and display unecessary bad bele...

Banana export money go creat jobs, earn foreign exchange and IGR to build many many more roads.
Re: Cross River To Commence Banana Export Soon - Ayade by Blue3k(m): 3:40pm On Jan 10, 2018
Bump
Re: Cross River To Commence Banana Export Soon - Ayade by deomelllo: 4:00pm On Jan 10, 2018
merit455:
Imagine,stop posting rubbish... Pls show us any rural road that short man have constructed in Cross River State. Agent

merit455:

So, your story changed from not constructing 1 single road to not constructing rural road just because you got busted for lying?

Those are even rural roads to start with..

Lying scumbag..

(1) (Reply)

Reps Threaten To Arrest Adenuga…feels He's Too Big And Above The Law - Hon Ahmed / The Many ‘sins’ Of Suspended SEC DG, Mounir Gwarzo: ‘how N1.7bn Illegal Payment, / VP Osinbajo Advocates For Creation Of State Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.