Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,632 members, 7,809,370 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

Claims To Divinity - - - - Everywhere! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Claims To Divinity - - - - Everywhere! (937 Views)

Ese Walter Who Claims To Have Slept With COZA Pastor Abiodun / Australian Man Claims To Be Jesus Reborn / Pastor Chris Denounces The Divinity Of Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Claims To Divinity - - - - Everywhere! by DeepSight(m): 9:04pm On Apr 09, 2010
Well, you folks are not alone in this business -

http://www.jagatgururampalji.org/photogallery2.html
Re: Claims To Divinity - - - - Everywhere! by jagunlabi(m): 9:10pm On Apr 09, 2010
^^ I missed the divinity claim on that page.Can you point it out to me?
Re: Claims To Divinity - - - - Everywhere! by DeepSight(m): 9:12pm On Apr 09, 2010
When you open the page, click on the arrow that points right and read the next two pages of the slide show.
Re: Claims To Divinity - - - - Everywhere! by DeepSight(m): 9:18pm On Apr 09, 2010
Claims to Divinity everywhere!

Ain't it exciting?

Check out this one -

http://bdsteel.tripod.com/More/doss2claims.htm
Re: Claims To Divinity - - - - Everywhere! by jagunlabi(m): 9:21pm On Apr 09, 2010
So what's the big deal with being divine, anyway?We're all divine beings in our own right.Even a cockroach is a divine being for heaven's sakes!Divinity is a dime a dozen. . .
Re: Claims To Divinity - - - - Everywhere! by DeepSight(m): 9:22pm On Apr 09, 2010
^^^ Exactly! Hallelujah!
Re: Claims To Divinity - - - - Everywhere! by jagunlabi(m): 9:29pm On Apr 09, 2010
Deep Sight:

^^^ Exactly! Hallelujah!
Deep Sight, the days wey some people dey take divinity dey do shakara and dey do swagger about don pass.Eyes don open.
Re: Claims To Divinity - - - - Everywhere! by DeepSight(m): 9:31pm On Apr 09, 2010
No o o. . .Olumba is still God Almighty. . .o
Re: Claims To Divinity - - - - Everywhere! by DeepSight(m): 9:33pm On Apr 09, 2010
Now this one, the Divine Emperor of Japan, was forced to renounce. . .but -

On August 15, 1945, following the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki and the entry of Russia into the war against Japan, Hirohito made the radio broadcast announcing the unconditional surrender of Japan's military forces (known as Gyokuon-housou). Despite pressures to try him for war crimes by numerous leaders, among them President Harry S. Truman, US General Douglas MacArthur insisted that Hirohito remain Emperor to keep him as a symbol of continuity and cohesion of the Japanese people. Hirohito was spared trial and retained the throne, but Hirohito was forced to explicitly reject the traditional claim that the Emperor of Japan was divine; a descendant of the Sun Goddess. The imperial title was thus transformed from 'imperial sovereign' to 'constitutional monarch' in 1946. It should, however, be noted that immediately after this explicit repudiation of divinity, he implicitly reaffirmed it by asking the occupation authorities for permission to worship an ancestress and then worshipping the Sun Goddess; this reaffirmation would have been comprehensible to all Japanese though not necessarily by the occupation authorities.
Re: Claims To Divinity - - - - Everywhere! by jagunlabi(m): 9:41pm On Apr 09, 2010
I guess the fraudulent early church fathers knew that in the distant future mankind will finally realise their divinity, so they put this event into the bible as a "prophecy" to warn unfortunate believers to resist just to buy the church time when that finally happens.Very smart and perceptive of them.
Re: Claims To Divinity - - - - Everywhere! by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 09, 2010
jagunlabi:

I guess the fraudulent early church fathers knew that in the distant future mankind will finally realise their divinity, so they put this event into the bible as a "prophecy" to warn unfortunate believers to resist just to buy the church time when that finally happens.Very smart and perceptive of them.

Its amazing how close "man's" ideas are to that of satan himself . . .

Genesis 3

1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:

3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
Re: Claims To Divinity - - - - Everywhere! by DeepSight(m): 9:57pm On Apr 09, 2010
davidylan:

. . . and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.[/color]

It is amazing how close the Satan's ideas are to Jesus' ideas. Because Jesus himself affirmed men as gods, no?
Re: Claims To Divinity - - - - Everywhere! by jagunlabi(m): 9:59pm On Apr 09, 2010
Deep Sight:

It is amazing how close the Satan's ideas are to Jesus' ideas. Because Jesus himself affirmed men as gods, no?
GBAM!

Davidylan, when humanity finally realises it's divinity, religions like christianity will be history because it will become redundant.
Re: Claims To Divinity - - - - Everywhere! by Nobody: 10:14pm On Apr 09, 2010
Deep Sight:

What a disgusting piece of work you are.
Jesus never affirmed you as a "god" . . . read properly before misinforming others - John 10: 34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

now if you read this literarily it seems Christ is saying we are "gods" . . . but is that really so? Please read in context . . . verses 31-33 set up the scenario for this rhetorical question. The jews wanted to stone Jesus for the alleged "blasphemy" of making himself equal with God. But Jesus wisely asks a question . . . if the old testament scriptures recorded that "ye are Gods" . . . and you were fully ok with that why then do you want to stone me for making exactly the same claim?

Now lets go back to the psalm Christ was quoting . . . Ps. 82:6[b] I have said, Ye are gods[/b]; and all of you are children of the most High.

But was God saying we are "divine gods" to ourselves here? Well then read the very next verse - 7 But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

How can you be a "god" and then "die like men"? Is that not a blatant contradiction? What verse 6 was saying in essence is simple, as children of the most high, we all have an element of God's divine presence with us. It is HIS PRESENCE in us that makes us who we are, we by our own selves have absolute NO DIVINE nature.

You are not your father . . . but you will always carry an element of his DNA with you.
Re: Claims To Divinity - - - - Everywhere! by Nobody: 10:20pm On Apr 09, 2010
jagunlabi:

GBAM!

Davidylan, when humanity finally realises it's divinity, religions like christianity will be history because it will become redundant.

its sad that men do not understand the fact that their very thinking is no different from what led to Lucifer's fall. Is 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

What is the difference?
Re: Claims To Divinity - - - - Everywhere! by DeepSight(m): 10:26pm On Apr 09, 2010
davidylan:

What a disgusting piece of work you are.

Smile. Life is beautiful.

Jesus never affirmed you as a "god" . . . read properly before misinforming others - John 10: 34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

And who wrote the law? I thought it was inspired by God? Are there parts of the bible that are not inspired by God?

Ha.

if the old testament scriptures recorded that "ye are Gods" . . . and you were fully ok with that why then do you want to stone me for making exactly the same claim?

Exactly.

Now lets go back to the psalm Christ was quoting . . . Ps. 82:6[b] I have said, Ye are gods[/b]; and all of you are children of the most High.

But was God saying we are "divine gods" to ourselves here? Well then read the very next verse - 7 But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

Did Christ himself not die like a man?

Did that stop you from calling him God?

How can you be a "god" and then "die like men"? Is that not a blatant contradiction?

oooo la la l a. . . this is delicious. . . where is Abuzola - you have finally come round to see his long standing point about the death of Jesus disqualifying him from Divinity!
Re: Claims To Divinity - - - - Everywhere! by Nobody: 10:37pm On Apr 09, 2010
Deep Sight:

And who wrote the law? I thought it was inspired by God? Are there parts of the bible that are not inspired by God?

I already explained what Ps 82:6 was talking about.

Deep Sight:

Did Christ himself not die like a man?

Did that stop you from calling him God?

Because there was a clear reason for that. Without the shedding of the blood of the sinless one there is no remission of sins.

Deep Sight:

oooo la la l a. . . this is delicious. . . where is Abuzola - you have finally come round to see his long standing point about the death of Jesus disqualifying him from Divinity!

This is absurd. This was an explanation of Ps 82:6-7 and had nothing to do with the death of Christ on the cross.

If anything . . . Ps 82:7 affirms the fact that Jesus Christ could not have been ordinary . . .

7 But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

When men die, they dont resurrect on the third day . . . Christ was completely different. Does that not suggest perhaps He was more than just a "man"?
Re: Claims To Divinity - - - - Everywhere! by DeepSight(m): 11:00pm On Apr 09, 2010
^^^ Maybe because you have a video tape of his resurection? ? ?
Re: Claims To Divinity - - - - Everywhere! by Nobody: 11:06pm On Apr 09, 2010
Deep Sight:

^^^ Maybe because you have a video tape of his resurection? ? ?

this explains your confusion a bit better. Your problem isnt divinity or predestination or freewill, your primary purpose is to delegitimise the very essence of Christ and His gospel of the cross. All the others questions you pose are simply a symptom of a deeper problem.

All of a sudden we've gone from divinity to questioning whether Christ resurrected or not? Its hilarious how these comical folks try to bury their deep seated need to deny the divinity of Christ while at the same time trying to claim that everyone else is divine! shocked
Re: Claims To Divinity - - - - Everywhere! by DeepSight(m): 11:16pm On Apr 09, 2010
Please no be today.

The resurrection is YOUR myth and not my baggage.

And it springs directly from your imagination that that fellow is the Creator of the Universe.

Odd, aren't you?
Re: Claims To Divinity - - - - Everywhere! by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 09, 2010
Deep Sight:

Please no be today.

The resurrection is YOUR myth and not my baggage.

And it springs directly from your imagination that that fellow is the Creator of the Universe.

Odd, aren't you?

Ah finally the real elephant in the room.
Re: Claims To Divinity - - - - Everywhere! by Googler(m): 10:49am On Apr 12, 2010
Pastor T.B. Joshua invites you to say Emmanuel (With Us Is God) when you appear on his programme. I believe that in another 100 years or less, his followers will be referring to him as God.
Re: Claims To Divinity - - - - Everywhere! by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:57am On Apr 12, 2010
LOL david you shot yourself in the foot, you sounded like olabowole there "how can God die self" LOL
Re: Claims To Divinity - - - - Everywhere! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:38pm On Apr 12, 2010
I just want to as one question, is man higher than the angels?

I am assuming a deduced hierarchy based on the Bible

God
Christ
Holy Spirit
Man
Angels and Mary (of Virgin Birth legends) and the Saints (pope included)

Correct me if I am wrong but there is a portion of the Bible that says God has made Man higher than Angels.(the main reason why Satan hates us soo much)

So If Christ is God and We are next in line before Angels? What are We. angel-gods or god-angels grin

Just asking for clarification, let the Bible Pros take on this
Re: Claims To Divinity - - - - Everywhere! by DeepSight(m): 5:45pm On Apr 12, 2010
Chrisbenogor:

LOL david you shot yourself in the foot, you sounded like olabowole there "how can God die self" LOL

Honestly i dont know what to say. Wemust open a thread to celebrate this.

David has finally conceded to the logic of Abuzola and Olabowale.
Re: Claims To Divinity - - - - Everywhere! by aletheia(m): 6:19pm On Apr 12, 2010
@Deep Sight,
Ever since your OOI thread died with a whimper, vituperative rage has characterized your posts. You used to present your arguments with some finesse, but these days. . .Is there something you need to get off your chest?

As for your OP, there is nothing new under the sun. Men have always claimed to be gods. History is replete with many examples. For the true disciples of Jesus of Nazareth, our answer to you is this:
For although there may be so-called gods in heaven or on earth--as indeed there are many "gods" and many "lords"-- yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist. However, not all possess this knowledge. (1 Cor 8:5-7 ESV)

Not all possess this knowledge---including you.
Re: Claims To Divinity - - - - Everywhere! by DeepSight(m): 6:41pm On Apr 12, 2010
Maybe there is something you need to get off your chest because I am at odds with the constant obsession with OOI? If it is such a dead idea, why are you lot so obsessed with it? Why will you not let it die in peace? Why is it that if Deep Sight says - "Kenya is a country in Africa" - you must all respond with "OOI this or OOI that?" ARE YOU NOT ABLE TO FOCUS ON THE PRESENT ISSUES BEING DEBATED.

At all events, if you were able to follow the thought-development i set out in that thread (admittedly not everyone can) - you would understand that we were able to establish the following -

1. That nothingness in itself implies timelessness

2. That a timeless state will remain eternal

3. That eternity is therefore implied in a state of nothingness

4. That a timeless state is indivisible and therefore ONE

5. That the intangible reality that has always existed is therefore both ONE and INFINITE -

-  Hence the term "Oneness of Infinity" which i use to describe the nature of God - a term which no Christian should seriously dispute because the Bible itself describes God as being ONE and INFINITE. It thus emerges that your faith in every particular agrees with the description of God contained within the term "Oneness of Infinity"

This idea is so inherently simple that i am blown away by the failure to grasp it.

At all events any attempt to explain the nature of God must end in insanity: thus i blame myself and myself only for attempting to communicate that which i apprehend within my mind. It has often been said that some things cannot be explained in words.

I will leave you with this only (though i am wary that you will find it of no use) -

Perfection is the tipping point to nothingness.

In this alone: the mystery of God's existence is perfectly captured.
Re: Claims To Divinity - - - - Everywhere! by aletheia(m): 7:53pm On Apr 12, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

I just want to as one question, is man higher than the angels?

I am assuming a deduced hierarchy based on the Bible

God
Christ
Holy Spirit
Man
Angels and Mary (of Virgin Birth legends) and the Saints (pope included)

Correct me if I am wrong but there is a portion of the Bible that says God has made Man higher than Angels.(the main reason why Satan hates us soo much)

So If Christ is God and We are next in line before Angels? What are We. angel-gods or god-angels grin

Just asking for clarification, let the Bible Pros take on this

Perhaps if you read the bible more:
Psalm 8:4-5 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
Re: Claims To Divinity - - - - Everywhere! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:58pm On Apr 12, 2010
aletheia:

Perhaps if you read the bible more:

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Senator Yerima's Marriage (Re: 13 Year Old Egyptian Girl) / Pastor Jailed For handling Boy / Free Will

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.