Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,211 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

Messenger, 45, Slumps After Receiving Sack Letter - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Messenger, 45, Slumps After Receiving Sack Letter (15206 Views)

They Were Expecting Sack Letter But She Surprised Them With Iphone 13 PRO MAX / Access Bank Pregnant Staff Collapse On Receiving Sack Letter / GLO Sack Letter Based On Marital Status (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messenger, 45, Slumps After Receiving Sack Letter by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jan 09, 2018
A messenger, Malam Abubakar Shu’aibu, 45, of Government Secondary School, Aminu Marmara, Sabongari Zaria, Kaduna State, on Tuesday slumped into coma shortly after receiving his sack letter.

A credible witness confirmed this to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in the area on condition of anonymity for fear of victimisation.

The source said the incident happened Tuesday morning shortly after the affected person received his sack letter.

He said that the messenger had served the state for about 11 years.

“We reported to work this morning and Abubakar Shu’aibu was invited to Zonal Education Office; on reaching there, they served him with a sack letter.

“When he returned to the school, he showed us the letter and we all advised him to see it as an act of God Almighty as nothing happens to a person without the consent of God.

“He also admitted that that’s what God had destined for him, but all of a sudden, the man collapsed and went into coma instantly.

“We acted very fast by giving him a first aid. We took him up and lie him down on the floor, fanning him continuously and he gradually regained his consciousness,’’ he said.

The source added that teachers present at the scene of the incident converged and took a decision to mobilise something from their salary to empower him economically.

The source also said that the teachers begged the school principal, Malam Sa’idu Liman-Umar, to consider employing the sacked messenger as a temporary worker to cushion the effect for the meantime.

“The principal agreed to render possible assistance as the case may be,’’ said the source.

Officials in the Zonal Education Office in Zaria declined comment, saying that they were not directed to speak to the press.

Also the state Ministry of Education and the state government is yet to react to the development.

NAN recalls that Governor Nasiru El-Rufa’i had directed that all messengers, cleaners and drivers who spent 10 years in service without obtaining at least a Diploma or NCE should be sacked.

(NAN)

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/254979-messenger-45-slumps-receiving-sack-letter.html

1 Like

Re: Messenger, 45, Slumps After Receiving Sack Letter by MrHistorian: 11:50pm On Jan 09, 2018
He has a fragile health,probably nursing an illness.

RIP.

2 Likes

Re: Messenger, 45, Slumps After Receiving Sack Letter by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jan 09, 2018
NAN recalls that Governor Nasiru El-Rufa’i had directed that all messengers, cleaners and drivers who spent 10 years in service without obtaining at least a Diploma or NCE should be sacked.

MrHistorian:

RIP.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messenger, 45, Slumps After Receiving Sack Letter by MrHistorian: 11:58pm On Jan 09, 2018
NgcoboP:
What's your point?

His disengagement from work killed him?
Re: Messenger, 45, Slumps After Receiving Sack Letter by nnachukz(m): 12:00am On Jan 10, 2018
Please how did Sia Baba come into what I just read now? Or did the man vote for Buhari?
I just want to relate the topic with the content of the write up.

2 Likes

Re: Messenger, 45, Slumps After Receiving Sack Letter by freeze001(f): 12:01am On Jan 10, 2018

What would messanger and cleaners be needing diplomas and NCE for? Was the state government planning to convert them to teachers or create some kind of career path that would require higher degrees? Did the state government offer them scholarships and grants with which to pursue these higher degrees?

35 Likes

Re: Messenger, 45, Slumps After Receiving Sack Letter by nnachukz(m): 12:08am On Jan 10, 2018
freeze001:

What would messanger and cleaners be needing diplomas and NCE for? Was the state government planning to convert them to teachers or create some kind of career path that would require higher degrees? Did the state government offer them scholarships and grants with which to pursue these higher degrees?
The governor is only looking for a way to lay off staff. How much is their salary to take care of their family and still pursue the requested certificate. Our leaders are just wicked.

31 Likes

Re: Messenger, 45, Slumps After Receiving Sack Letter by 1nigeriamyfoot: 12:14am On Jan 10, 2018
MrHistorian:

I-Pig.

I'm NOT a writer,that attachment to my signature is for a colleague.

Even a deranged fool like you with no concrete success story has the temerity to term someone "insane",you are a waste of matter and a sack of beans is worthier than your existence.

Phuçk off!

were ni iya e, ibanuje lo je fun awujo!

Eranko ni baba e!

Ti e ti jona guruguru!

7 Likes

Re: Messenger, 45, Slumps After Receiving Sack Letter by Nobody: 12:16am On Jan 10, 2018
very wicked.
nnachukz:

The governor is only looking for a way to lay off staff. How much is their salary to take of their family and still pursue the requested certificate. Our leaders are just wicked.

10 Likes

Re: Messenger, 45, Slumps After Receiving Sack Letter by bedspread: 12:36am On Jan 10, 2018
He fainted cos he remembers he "sayed Baba"

8 Likes

Re: Messenger, 45, Slumps After Receiving Sack Letter by Nobody: 12:37am On Jan 10, 2018
El Rufai is really pushing this to the extreme. Why would peanut earners like messengers or cleaners mandated to get diploma or NCE?

When sane countries try as much as they can to retain small jobs, ours are killing them without knowing that those little jobs drive the economy.

11 Likes

Re: Messenger, 45, Slumps After Receiving Sack Letter by LionDeLeo: 5:24am On Jan 10, 2018
MrHistorian:

I-Pig.

I'm NOT a writer,that attachment to my signature is for a colleague.

Even a deranged fool like you with no concrete success story has the temerity to term someone "insane",you are a waste of matter and a sack of beans is worthier than your existence.

Phuçk off!
Choi, this is savage.

This post hit that thing well well.

Did you notice he started speaking in tongues? grin

5 Likes

Re: Messenger, 45, Slumps After Receiving Sack Letter by overhypedsteve(m): 7:29am On Jan 10, 2018
One have to be very careful with his/her health oh. People die and won't get to eat all the money they working for.

what are you waiting for? Join us at https://runmyresearch.com/hire-a-researcher/ and get the very best from your research projec for post graduate and undergraduates.
Re: Messenger, 45, Slumps After Receiving Sack Letter by kings09(m): 7:30am On Jan 10, 2018
Y na
Re: Messenger, 45, Slumps After Receiving Sack Letter by 9japrof(m): 7:31am On Jan 10, 2018
If that had died, walahi that individual who served him that sacked letter should have been arrested and sued for involuntary manslaughter. grin grin

Don't blame the nigga for subconsciously wishing to die, cos load wey these northerners dey carry no be small. That messenger who may be on a meagre salary of maybe 20k would have 4 wives he is cruising and average of 20 "childrens" under this current hardship. Sometimes I wonder how these peeps do it shocked shocked.

We are suffering, but the elites who should complain are mute.

6 Likes

Re: Messenger, 45, Slumps After Receiving Sack Letter by ayagha: 7:31am On Jan 10, 2018
He was hit by the caterpillar of CHANGE, Hehehe U can now start shouting sai baba in hell with Abacha

2 Likes

Re: Messenger, 45, Slumps After Receiving Sack Letter by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:31am On Jan 10, 2018
How e no go slump?

When he probably has 3 wives and 11 kids to share his minimum wage?

Na to slump sure pass!

But e must still wake face life sha.

1 Like

Re: Messenger, 45, Slumps After Receiving Sack Letter by AdolfHitlerxXx: 7:31am On Jan 10, 2018
WOW. ..not funny at all.

Maybe he's in this station of life because of no fault of his....his fault or just plain hard luck....

BUT it's never safe to be too comfortable no matter the circumstances.

Life is like a pendulum that can swing to any direction at any time.

One just works hard and prays to not be caught unawares
Re: Messenger, 45, Slumps After Receiving Sack Letter by sinaj(f): 7:32am On Jan 10, 2018
Its nt even as if they were paying him well. Now the little he was seeing will stop coming in.

1 Like

Re: Messenger, 45, Slumps After Receiving Sack Letter by kings09(m): 7:32am On Jan 10, 2018
MrHistorian:

RIP.

Oh so u have feelings. Y not hail ur APC govt

2 Likes

Re: Messenger, 45, Slumps After Receiving Sack Letter by Beehshorp(m): 7:32am On Jan 10, 2018
For this buhari administration na him person dey receive sack letter... Brother I don't blame you for slumping o.. Someone like me will kill myself and then kill my neighbors after I die

1 Like

Re: Messenger, 45, Slumps After Receiving Sack Letter by lordkush: 7:33am On Jan 10, 2018
MrHistorian:

RIP.

you nor well o. na you kill am?
Re: Messenger, 45, Slumps After Receiving Sack Letter by Lilimax(f): 7:33am On Jan 10, 2018
MrHistorian:

RIP.

He did not die nah. He was fanned before regaining his consciousness embarassed

1 Like

Re: Messenger, 45, Slumps After Receiving Sack Letter by pawesome(m): 7:33am On Jan 10, 2018
MrHistorian:

RIP.

are you serious grin grin

Re: Messenger, 45, Slumps After Receiving Sack Letter by Sijo01(f): 7:34am On Jan 10, 2018
Anything can happen in Buhari and hellufia's administration.

2 Likes

Re: Messenger, 45, Slumps After Receiving Sack Letter by chinawapz(m): 7:34am On Jan 10, 2018
Government and the civilians are making everything hard. what a bad country

1 Like

Re: Messenger, 45, Slumps After Receiving Sack Letter by castrol180(m): 7:34am On Jan 10, 2018
I was about typing "ina lilahi wa ina lilahi rajiuna" or RIP when I discovered that he is not dead. Hallelujah for still alive
Re: Messenger, 45, Slumps After Receiving Sack Letter by moscobabs(m): 7:35am On Jan 10, 2018
://www.nairaland.com/4279940/knows-accident-victim-cross-river

Moderator should pls forward this linked topic to fp, this man is dying his family member can be on nairaland.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sack Of Married Female Staff:Lawyer Establishes Facts Against Globacom,sues N50b / IGP Baba Alkali: No Female Police Officer Will Be Ejected From The Barracks / Kill This Corruption Before This Corruption Kills You!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.