Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,931 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

JAMB Fixes Feb 6 As Deadline For UTME Registration - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Fixes Feb 6 As Deadline For UTME Registration (6023 Views)

JAMB Fixes Feb. 26 For Mock Test / JAMB Fixes New Date For Sale Of Forms / JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

JAMB Fixes Feb 6 As Deadline For UTME Registration by ananeli3: 1:56am On Jan 10, 2018
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board has fixed February 6, as deadline for the sale of registration form for this year’s unified tertiary matriculation examination (UTME).

JAMB Registrar Prof. Is-haq Oloyede spoke at a meeting on strategic planning, supervision and evaluation of the conduct of 2018 unified tertiary matriculation examination (UTME) in Abuja yesterday.

He said only 283,319 candidates had registered for the examination.

The board also fixed March 9 to17 for the conduct of the UTME in 620 computer based test centres across the country.

The registrar said: “Because of the criticisms that trailed the sale of entry form for a month in the past years, the board has decided to earmark two months so that every willing candidate will be able to purchase, fill and submit the forms.

“We opened entry from December 6, 2017 to February 6, 2018, but one month later, only less than a quarter of the two million candidates expected for the examination this year have registered.”

Prof. Oloyede said its mock examination slated for January 22 would now hold in first week of February.

He blamed the shift of the mock examination on the strike embarked on by members of NASU, noting that the strike made the CBT centres in affected tertiary institutions not available for accreditation.

The JAMB registrar also banned the use of wristwatches, biros, pencils and other devices from the examination hall.

He added that the ban affects both candidates and examination officials.

Oloyede said: “The Board has prohibited additional materials during the 2018 UTME in the examination hall. These include wrist watches, biros, calculator, biros, pencils except the common HB pencil, and any other device that can store data, transmit or receive signal no matter the form. These prohibitions are not only applicable to the candidates but to all examination officials. The reasons for this will be provided shortly.

“Scanned pictures of candidates are no longer accepted for registration, except live capture at the accredited CBT Centres as part of the Registration Procedure. Furthermore, candidates’ pictures will be embossed on all candidates’ documents generated by JAMB henceforth,” he said.

The registrar also disclosed that Minister of Education Malam Adamu Adamu has queried 42 institutions for charging candidates more than N2000 for their post-UTME.

“There is nothing wrong with post-UTME provided that our candidates are not extorted. The honourable minister of education queried about 42 institutions for charging more than N2000. We made recommendation to the minister and the minister said all of them should refund the money. He gave them two weeks and all of them are making refund now.

“He has put his feet down that all excess charges should be refunded and people can testify to the fact. Where they have the list they are paying them directly and in this case where Vice Chancellors proved clearly that those candidates could not be traced the minister has given appropriate directive.

“Candidates are reporting back to us. In one case where they could not, the minister directed that they should pay the money to a non religious orphanage, orphanage owned by the state or anything because those people couldn’t be traced,” the registrar said.

According to him, the figures being paraded as qualified candidates to write its examination was not true.

http://www.jambhelp.com/2018/01/10/jamb-fixes-feb-6-as-deadline-for-utme-registration
Re: JAMB Fixes Feb 6 As Deadline For UTME Registration by Nobody: 2:48am On Jan 10, 2018
ananeli3:
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board has fixed February 6, as deadline for the sale of registration form for this year’s unified tertiary matriculation examination (UTME).

JAMB Registrar Prof. Is-haq Oloyede spoke at a meeting on strategic planning, supervision and evaluation of the conduct of 2018 unified tertiary matriculation examination (UTME) in Abuja yesterday.

He said only 283,319 candidates had registered for the examination.

The board also fixed March 9 to17 for the conduct of the UTME in 620 computer based test centres across the country.

The registrar said: “Because of the criticisms that trailed the sale of entry form for a month in the past years, the board has decided to earmark two months so that every willing candidate will be able to purchase, fill and submit the forms.

“We opened entry from December 6, 2017 to February 6, 2018, but one month later, only less than a quarter of the two million candidates expected for the examination this year have registered.”

Prof. Oloyede said its mock examination slated for January 22 would now hold in first week of February.

He blamed the shift of the mock examination on the strike embarked on by members of NASU, noting that the strike made the CBT centres in affected tertiary institutions not available for accreditation.

The JAMB registrar also banned the use of wristwatches, biros, pencils and other devices from the examination hall.

He added that the ban affects both candidates and examination officials.

Oloyede said: “The Board has prohibited additional materials during the 2018 UTME in the examination hall. These include wrist watches, biros, calculator, biros, pencils except the common HB pencil, and any other device that can store data, transmit or receive signal no matter the form. These prohibitions are not only applicable to the candidates but to all examination officials. The reasons for this will be provided shortly.

“Scanned pictures of candidates are no longer accepted for registration, except live capture at the accredited CBT Centres as part of the Registration Procedure. Furthermore, candidates’ pictures will be embossed on all candidates’ documents generated by JAMB henceforth,” he said.

The registrar also disclosed that Minister of Education Malam Adamu Adamu has queried 42 institutions for charging candidates more than N2000 for their post-UTME.

“There is nothing wrong with post-UTME provided that our candidates are not extorted. The honourable minister of education queried about 42 institutions for charging more than N2000. We made recommendation to the minister and the minister said all of them should refund the money. He gave them two weeks and all of them are making refund now.

“He has put his feet down that all excess charges should be refunded and people can testify to the fact. Where they have the list they are paying them directly and in this case where Vice Chancellors proved clearly that those candidates could not be traced the minister has given appropriate directive.

“Candidates are reporting back to us. In one case where they could not, the minister directed that they should pay the money to a non religious orphanage, orphanage owned by the state or anything because those people couldn’t be traced,” the registrar said.

According to him, the figures being paraded as qualified candidates to write its examination was not true.

http://www.jambhelp.com/2018/01/10/jamb-fixes-feb-6-as-deadline-for-utme-registration
dey try but wen are dey writing it self
Re: JAMB Fixes Feb 6 As Deadline For UTME Registration by nony43(m): 7:40am On Jan 10, 2018
J
Re: JAMB Fixes Feb 6 As Deadline For UTME Registration by swiz123(m): 7:40am On Jan 10, 2018
Nigeria's problem is uncivilization. Here in Nigeria, the common man is not put into consideration.

How can the NUC unaccredit courses and useless jamb would still leave those courses in their brochure. Later when it's time for admission
, the NUC would refuse jamb admitting students in those departments,which would automatically lead to candidates forfeiting their admission.

Simply put, Nigeria is a zoo man's country. By the grace of God, I will be leaving this rotten hell

3 Likes

Re: JAMB Fixes Feb 6 As Deadline For UTME Registration by Vanpascore(m): 7:41am On Jan 10, 2018
Prof. You returned money to Fed Gov Purse last year, what have you done this year in order not to put burden on parents because utme is not meant to be a revenue generation.

3 Likes

Re: JAMB Fixes Feb 6 As Deadline For UTME Registration by geeluck1(m): 7:49am On Jan 10, 2018
Plz how much are they selling the form this year?

Is it still been purchased at banks
Re: JAMB Fixes Feb 6 As Deadline For UTME Registration by kindy51(m): 7:49am On Jan 10, 2018
Can someone please help tell me if I can gain admission to study hospitality management and tourism with this WAEC result. If not what other related course can I go for?
CRS C6
GOVT B3
MATHS B3
LIT IN ENG D7
ENG C5
CIVIC EDU C5
BIOLOGY C5
ANIMAL HUSBANDRY B3
COMPUTER Science C5

Please help a brother
For advice please reach me @kindyobialor@gmail.com
God bless
Re: JAMB Fixes Feb 6 As Deadline For UTME Registration by lagosrd: 7:51am On Jan 10, 2018
My own problem with this people is that His will just punish them all quickly. They have since turned jamb into a revenue generation outfit for the federal government. They delibrately postponed the exam due to low numbers of applicants to swindle. Nonsense people.
Re: JAMB Fixes Feb 6 As Deadline For UTME Registration by Vanpascore(m): 7:58am On Jan 10, 2018

If we have more than 2 million candidates, does it mean that there is no provision for them?
Re: JAMB Fixes Feb 6 As Deadline For UTME Registration by albacete(m): 8:05am On Jan 10, 2018
Ok
Re: JAMB Fixes Feb 6 As Deadline For UTME Registration by chinawapz(m): 8:19am On Jan 10, 2018
They will still fix am till Feb 16, no money in town
Re: JAMB Fixes Feb 6 As Deadline For UTME Registration by dallex10(m): 8:22am On Jan 10, 2018
F**k JAMB
Re: JAMB Fixes Feb 6 As Deadline For UTME Registration by principalgee: 8:32am On Jan 10, 2018
I need someone to remind d registrar that , he said candidates with more than 200 can still use it within 2years , now he is complaining of low turn out.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Fixes Feb 6 As Deadline For UTME Registration by drey69(m): 8:39am On Jan 10, 2018
Candidates that wrote last year are yet to know their admission status and this one wants more to join the queue?

Re: JAMB Fixes Feb 6 As Deadline For UTME Registration by Hardebaryor(m): 8:51am On Jan 10, 2018
Dem never finish d ongoing admission process nd dem don start to register for another one. Arrant nonsense!!

1 Like

Re: JAMB Fixes Feb 6 As Deadline For UTME Registration by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 10, 2018
principalgee:
I need someone to remind d registrar that , he said candidates with more than 200 can still use it within 2years , now he is complaining of low turn out.
is it really true, that results over 200 can be use within 2years. Please i need to know because i wrote last year, was'nt given admission and was thinking of taking another jamb and i got 215. Thanks
Re: JAMB Fixes Feb 6 As Deadline For UTME Registration by Funkybabee(f): 9:16am On Jan 10, 2018
kindy51:
Can someone please help tell me if I can gain admission to study hospitality management and tourism with this WAEC result. If not what other related course can I go for?
CRS C6
GOVT B3
MATHS B3
LIT IN ENG D7
ENG C5
CIVIC EDU C5
BIOLOGY C5
ANIMAL HUSBANDRY B3
COMPUTER Science C5

Please help a brother
For advice please reach me @kindyobialor@gmail.com
God bless

Yes you can....hope u love the course and make some research abt it
Re: JAMB Fixes Feb 6 As Deadline For UTME Registration by gustavo27(m): 9:28am On Jan 10, 2018
Please can i reg for de and jamb utme same year.
Re: JAMB Fixes Feb 6 As Deadline For UTME Registration by robertwoods334: 9:43am On Jan 10, 2018
Please how much is the registration?
Re: JAMB Fixes Feb 6 As Deadline For UTME Registration by anionjasa(m): 10:04am On Jan 10, 2018
Nice one for JAMB
Re: JAMB Fixes Feb 6 As Deadline For UTME Registration by Xerox01(m): 10:07am On Jan 10, 2018
Gmarket:
is it really true, that results over 200 can be use within 2years. Please i need to know because i wrote last year, was'nt given admission and was thinking of taking another jamb and i got 215. Thanks
the 215 that did not give you admission will probably fail you this year o. Why not force up and prepare better, you might just hit a better score than the present.
Re: JAMB Fixes Feb 6 As Deadline For UTME Registration by Xerox01(m): 10:09am On Jan 10, 2018
principalgee:
I'm not really sure but I think the Senate did not pass the bill last year
Re: JAMB Fixes Feb 6 As Deadline For UTME Registration by Hilariousthiago(m): 10:11am On Jan 10, 2018
robertwoods334:
Please how much is the registration?
#6200.... #5500 for registration and #700 for E-PIN
Re: JAMB Fixes Feb 6 As Deadline For UTME Registration by MexicanWolf: 10:37am On Jan 10, 2018
This is becoming more ridiculous by the day. Why is JAMB so much in a hurry to sell forms. Admissions are ongoing and I'm not sure every school will finish by February 6. JAMB should not be selling any forms now.

I ask again: What is the validity period of a UTME result? If you scored 200 and above don't buy any form until NASS and JAMB make a definitive pronouncement on this all important matter.

This complacency is shameful really, and we are all guilty. Last year, you were up at 4am at JAMB office trying to buy forms for your children. Your child managed to score 270 yet no admission.

This year you have started again. Where will it end?

1 Like

Re: JAMB Fixes Feb 6 As Deadline For UTME Registration by Doctus(m): 10:56am On Jan 10, 2018
principalgee:
am not sure that it will be enforced
Re: JAMB Fixes Feb 6 As Deadline For UTME Registration by nuradeen011(m): 11:00am On Jan 10, 2018
when are they going to start selling Direct entry form
Re: JAMB Fixes Feb 6 As Deadline For UTME Registration by candyguyofficia(m): 11:02am On Jan 10, 2018
Do anyone have info on Direct Entry form? cuz d sale of it was temporarily suspended December last year. Info on cost of d form n how to go abt it etc
Re: JAMB Fixes Feb 6 As Deadline For UTME Registration by robertwoods334: 12:25pm On Jan 10, 2018
Hilariousthiago:
#6200.... #5500 for registration and #700 for E-PIN
Thanks
Re: JAMB Fixes Feb 6 As Deadline For UTME Registration by sleekyjay(m): 4:07pm On Jan 10, 2018
#EndJamb ??
or make it free and twice a year
Re: JAMB Fixes Feb 6 As Deadline For UTME Registration by kindy51(m): 7:16pm On Jan 10, 2018
Funkybabee:

Yes you can....hope u love the course and make some research abt it
from the research I made I found out that i need economics too but then I didn't register for it..
Re: JAMB Fixes Feb 6 As Deadline For UTME Registration by Funkybabee(f): 7:27pm On Jan 10, 2018
kindy51:
from the research I made I found out that i need economics too but then I didn't register for it..

Maybe that is compulsory in ur applied school

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Just Checked My Uniben Post Utme Result And I'm So Happy! / Uniport's Certificate Form Now On Sale. / Good Afternoon Nairalanders,any News About ASUU And Govt?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.